[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Listening Snow Tower 听雪楼: 血薇

sugarplum892

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11 May 2019 at 11:15 AM, pad-hari said:

I wanted to give this a try, but seeing this article, I stopped.

Are you a fan of the novel? If you are watching on a clean slate, you probably won't be affected by the discrepancies between the novel and the drama.

Bit late for this serie, but I finally grab all 1080p version until the last episode out. Wow it's really true that all torrent seem disappear for all new cdrama:sweatingbullets: but I got it -_- before....

All version appear to be 720p, sadly I only want the best quality. 

Again I need to read the novel if I have more time. Too much in webnovel...:ph34r: also 

9426-hwfpcxp2838323.jpg

credit Sina 

Isn't this picture is beautiful? You can see everyone closing eye and seem to waiting for something, waiting for love, waiting for betraying, waiting for friend, waiting for a future, waiting for revenge, waiting for to die, waiting for any sense of life.....ah...let's waiting together everyone for this beautiful and tragic love story in this tread :wub:

Many thanks for the vids and pics. 

Going to start on Ep 17 presently. There are 20 episodes (https://v.qq.com/detail/v/v8k7mfnyjfzj4rd.html) and hopefully I can catch up on them all today. 

Laters, the two leads were in the midst of a fight at the end of Ep 16 (apparently in the world of this show, a couple's tiff involves the girl slashing at the guy with her sword in a warm sunlit forest with dried leaves swirling beautifully around them).

21 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

The cinematography is great for this drama. I enjoy the way the fighting scenes were choreographed.

Agree! My favorite is the visual contrast of red/white umbrella/costumes for the fight sequence between the ML and FL! My favorite interaction thus far was:

Spoiler

When FL was poisoned and couldn't see. She drinks the medicine and when she grabs the sword from ML she accidentally touches him. xD That's when I go awwwwww and eeeeeeee.

At first I shipped young Qing Lan and Qing Ming, but now I like the ML/FL interactions. There's some sexual tension going on. lol It was also nice to see Zi Mo from Princess Agents (the girl who protected Yan Xun) and this other actress that was in Our Glamorous Time. 

Also came here after Good Bye My Princess. xD Is there a tragic theme for wuxia/costume dramas going on?
Is it just me but Qing Yu kind of reminds me of So Ji Sub (features or eyes?).

Really enjoying the episodes so far and I started watching because Jessica Hsuan was promoting it! :D

15 hours ago, Yui. said:

Agree! My favorite is the visual contrast of red/white umbrella/costumes for the fight sequence between the ML and FL! My favorite interaction thus far was:

That's probably my favourite too. I read that they took 168h (one week) to film that incredible sequence.

Original Chinese article:

http://www.hengdianworld.com/NewsDetail.aspx?id=4932&channel=

9 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Uhm, I’m only up to ep5, and I’m not that thrilled with the action scenes. It’s kinda stock standard, admittedly in high quality. But in a sense of excitements, zero! The only one I appreciate was the kick in ep1 fight scenes between the evil lady (Jessica) and the dad.

The drama overall feels so slow and in a sense boring :/ the worst offend so far for this series is how on ep1 action sequence, they took the music from the flame daughter and use it there lol. And it was totally not fitted for the action sequence at all.

i possibly come back to this after princess silver is finished or watching when I’m waiting for that series. 3 eps in of that series feels a lot better than 5eps of this series, way way too many flashbacks, not just of ep1, but of every other characters (main and supports), I do not need 10 different things throw at my face in 5eps lol. It’s not even about it’s being hard to follow, but rather, I feel like the story telling is everywhere! And give me the feeling of exhausted when I just try out this series. If the first 5 eps has so much flashback, and side characters, whats that say about the rest of the series. I would much prefer if they have done a compelling first 3-5 eps, then do support character and their flashbacks.

also, the fight scenes are a bit lack of blood? I know 5eps isn’t a lot, but I hardly see blood in those fight scenes lol. Someone said maybe because it has been censored but not even on the male lead’s little dagger? The production quality is good, but it moves so slow >_< and the female lead is like so useless and virtually has zero impact in the first 5 eps! Also the chemistry of the two leads, like I enjoyed their scenes, but at the same time, I don’t feel much between them :/ maybe it just how slow they deliver their line or how slow they walk, but it just feels bland in a way.

and the main problem I have so far with this drama is the zooming in of the clenching fist, the twitching of the eyes, the blinking, etc. it likes they can’t act so we need to emphasise how they feel by these little movements that the audiences might miss -.-

2 hours ago, Alila N said:

the worst offend so far for this series is how on ep1 action sequence, they took the music from the flame daughter and use it there lol. 

That's probably canned music.

and the main problem I have so far with this drama is the zooming in of the clenching fist, the twitching of the eyes, the blinking, etc. it likes they can’t act so we need to emphasise how they feel by these little movements that the audiences might miss -.-

That is the director's style of late. I'm ok with the hand gestures, which are often used by other directors too but the closeup on the eyes can be quite jarring. He tends to zoom in too close (omitting the nose) and for some actors, this doesn't work so well (too much mascara, eyes that are not so recognisable or don't convey emotions well). I must say Qin Junjie's acting is really good. His eyes are distinctive and emote well.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, bluehibiscus said:

That's probably my favourite too. I read that they took 168h (one week) to film that incredible sequence.

Original Chinese article:

http://www.hengdianworld.com/NewsDetail.aspx?id=4932&channel=

Wow! That's pretty cool. I remember how in some dramas a 2-10min fighting sequence could take weeks! It's also difficult to read as my level of Chinese is not good. :D Can someone translate?

Also reminds me of Duelist (Korean Movie) starring Ha Ji Won and Kang Dong Won. I remember there was this beautiful fighting scene in snow and looking like they were dancing XD

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Alila N said:

Haha omg! I noticed the clenching fists a lot early in the series! Comparing HSDS, I think the fighting sequences are better here. I also appreciate the move-like cinematography. 

----

Given I didn't read the novel and I'm watching without knowledge. I like this series so far. I feel like the actual story doesn't start until

Spoiler

After White Emperor Shifu dies and the tragic events in Sand Valley. 

Is there an English translation of the novel somewhere? Does anyone know the episode release schedule and what's the newest episode to date?

Also I read somewhere someone pointed out Lord Lei is XF's grandfather in goodbye my princess. :D I just get thrilled seeing actor/actresses from other series I just finished.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, bluehibiscus said:

That's probably canned music.

Only heard it once in the flame’s daughter, didn’t watch HSDS so cant comment, but in this series, it’s only used once? I’m guessing they tried to use it but then abandon it? 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Yui. said:

Given I didn't read the novel and I'm watching without knowledge. I like this series so far. I feel like the actual story doesn't start until

Hide contents

After White Emperor Shifu dies and the tragic events in Sand Valley. 

I haven’t read the book, and starting to try a series, the least they can do is making it compelling for me to keep watching, which isn’t the case :/ I hate to have to go like 5Eps+ to like something, also I’ve been scarred by legend of qin, which has mile better music, much better acting, and the fight sequence were exhilarating even though very short and far few, and that show was almost a waste of time to watch, so this show is like following it lol.

Archived