[Drama 2018] When Time Stops, 시간이 멈추는 그 때

0ly40

10 hours ago, dramaninja said:

A little too much focus on side characters these last 2 episodes,I mean I see what they doing but its a little too much.

I think these characters might be significant in the future episodes so they are introducing them one by one..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 06skull06 said:

I think these characters might be significant in the future episodes so they are introducing them one by one..

Actually I take back what I said  watching  with subs these type of episodes are needed,

I like that he is like hero that help the tenants.

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Actually I take back what I said  watching  with subs these type of episodes are needed,

I agree that I also like how they are showing him using his powers for good. I finally caught up on all of the episodes yesterday and had a further thought about why they were doing that. 

In a previous scene before our hero started helping people, the while suit man was talking about how it was bad for the people to have powers as they are human and thus would use their powers for bad rather than good. What our lead is doing, having been influenced by his landlord, is doing the exact opposite...which is proving his words wrong that all with powers would only resort to evil deeds. I think that will be an import point that will play out later.

What I don't understand though is why the rebel reaper has not turned in our time stopper and landlord? Other than wanting the bracelet, why would he not talk about them or turn them in? I am not quite following his line of thinking.

But I think that the hidden memories that our time stopper and rebel reaper have are key to the whole picture and the white suit man.

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:
14 hours ago, 06skull06 said:

@dramaninja  I thought that was 215 job.. (used to be gangster) The Lil girl pretty much gave him a new lease on life.. She taught him to turm his life around and stop beating people.. They story was more touching to me,.. He and basement had no contact so I don't understand what he has to do with this and how is part in all this will come into play unless he'll come back later in the episode.. 

Maybe the tenants of that building he'll play hero to.. 

28 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

What I don't understand though is why the rebel reaper has not turned in our time stopper and landlord? Other than wanting the bracelet, why would he not talk about them or turn them in? I am not quite following his line of thinking.

But I think that the hidden memories that our time stopper and rebel reaper have are key to the whole picture and the white suit man.

@guinearoyal  Well the reaper just recently found out about the time stopper when he went through that massive headache..  Reaper heard someone calling out father during that spell.. It seems reaper and the time stopper has some kind of connection.. I'm thinking basement could be the reapers child.. Both reaper and basement (time stopper) recognizes the bracelet which connects them to the past.. 

If you watch episode 4 even the antique dealer are invoved in this also..

So whote suit is supposed to be god..     

@sava2sava @guinearoyal A detail caught my attention in the episode 6: I saw that our heroine had a tattoo on her wrist, it looked like a 8. you could see a sign on her skin, when she was eating with CIS. 

Striking is that JW wonders if he is a human. It is interesting because "god" described "humans" as selfish and greedy. While JW questions his "humanity" because he has an ability, KSA gave him a different definition of humanity: having a good and warm heart is what makes you human. So her definition represents a contrast to the god's definition. 

@dramaninja The title "when time stops/when time stopped" doesn't just refer to JW's abilities. All the people living in that house, KSA, CIS, tenant 201 and the ahjumma/daughter had that in common: time had stopped for them. The daughter and the thug couldn't move on as they were trapped in time. The thug couldn't forget the little girl... sure he had changed his life, yet he knew that his time was somehow borrowed. As for the student, she was living in the past. Finally our heroine KSA was trapped by the time as she was forced to pay a loan. Thanks to JW, they are all able to move on. JW is using his skills (time stopping) in order to change their "times". All of them can move on... now CIS is the only one left: he still loves KSA but he can not move on.  

@bebebisous33

Wwwwhaaattt!!!! I totally did not see that tattoo on KSA, you must have some eagle eyes to have caught that! Now I have to go back and re-watch the episode...

But I agree with the contrasting themes that seem to be playing in this drama on what is being "human". I think this is foreshadowing of the struggle our leads will have later on with our white suited "God"... though I do have a hard time viewing him as such with his attitude. 

1 hour ago, guinearoyal said:

@bebebisous33

Wwwwhaaattt!!!! I totally did not see that tattoo on KSA, you must have some eagle eyes to have caught that! Now I have to go back and re-watch the episode...

But I agree with the contrasting themes that seem to be playing in this drama on what is being "human". I think this is foreshadowing of the struggle our leads will have later on with our white suited "God"... though I do have a hard time viewing him as such with his attitude. 

Thanks for the compliment!! :)

To me, he is not god but someone else. In reality, he is deceiving the grim reapers. Don't you find it strange that he is wearing a white suit, while the others are all dressed in black? IMO, his white suit is to lead them believe that he is god. Besides, the collected soul are put in a white vase, but if you pay attention to the room, in the room where they are drinking "tea"/that miraculous potion, the vases are all black... it was as if the colour of the vases had changed because of the souls imprisoned in these vases. 

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, he is not god but someone else. In reality, he is deceiving the grim reapers. Don't you find it strange that he is wearing a white suit, while the others are all dressed in black? IMO, his white suit is to lead them believe that he is god. Besides, the collected soul are put in a white vase, but if you pay attention to the room, in the room where they are drinking "tea"/that miraculous potion, the vases are all black... it was as if the colour of the vases had changed because of the souls imprisoned in these vases. 

I was thinking the same thing about the vases, though it is a little ooky that they would be drinking from them. Something else that is strange about the white suit guy is that he is very much against our grim reapers remembering or questioning who they are and where they come from. It could be that our white suit could lose his followers should the remember who they are. I have wondered if the grim reapers were some of the souls that were taken.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@bebebisous33  There has to be a reasons for collecting these souls and he's really the only ones drinking from them.. Reaper or the others not drinking from those vases as much as him.. I did obeseves there dress attire from the beginning and question just who exactly is he supposed to be.. I just can't factor in him beng GOD.. What kind of GOD that can't answers the reapers in training questions.. Then we get the real reaper who has more experience then the trainees and the so called GOD.. This GOD can't control the reaper at all and go to him for advice and opinions..  

So my guess in this were going to see some type of showdown with this man (GOD) The reaper Basement and YEH.. 

7 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Someone convince me on continuing?? I watched 5 episodes and normally I would continue if it the plot is good but the whole time-freezing was minimal in ep 5... I'm not too intrigued yet .

Hello @thunderman1  This is the mystery of this drama..  Were trying to factor in what do the time stopper (basement) and YEH has to do with these reapers and the so called GOD..  In my opinion I still think he's some kind of demonic demon of Satan.. But we shall see.

@thunderman1 Honestly, the more episodes we get to see, the better it has become in my opinion. Even if the appearance of JW was so reduced in the episode 5, it actually showed a turning point in the whole story. There is a great plan behind JW's moves and JW is even not aware of it. The old man is behind everything. First, the episodes 5 and 6 showed that all these persons (tenants and landlord) have something in common: their time had stopped, they were stuck in the past and couldn't move (debts, death, rape) but thanks to JW's intervention, their time started moving again which symbolizes that they can move on. So in my opinion, it is as if he was resetting the time and as such giving them a fresh and new start. Now the former thug has fallen in love with the female student who got raped.

@sava2sava

The more we see about our "god" (episode 7), the more obvious it becomes that the man with the white suit is not GOD. Like you said, he acts more like he was Satan, although I doubt it because he relies too much on the grim reapers. If he were god, he would be able to read their mind and be more powerful but he has no idea what the grim reaper is thinking. Yet, the ending of the episode 7 underlined how powerless the god is. Only our grim reaper leader has the power to catch JW. Since it seems that our main grim reaper saw his past with the green vase, we can come to the conclusion that his past is also connected to the bracelet. From my point of view, the man who was erased could have been the father of the siblings at the orphanage.  And KSA is the owner of the bracelet... Maybe the bracelet is linked to her mother. 

On 11/15/2018 at 12:16 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@thunderman1 Honestly, the more episodes we get to see, the better it has become in my opinion. Even if the appearance of JW was so reduced in the episode 5, it actually showed a turning point in the whole story. There is a great plan behind JW's moves and JW is even not aware of it. The old man is behind everything. First, the episodes 5 and 6 showed that all these persons (tenants and landlord) have something in common: their time had stopped, they were stuck in the past and couldn't move (debts, death, rape) but thanks to JW's intervention, their time started moving again which symbolizes that they can move on. So in my opinion, it is as if he was resetting the time and as such giving them a fresh and new start. Now the former thug has fallen in love with the female student who got raped.

@sava2sava

The more we see about our "god" (episode 7), the more obvious it becomes that the man with the white suit is not GOD. Like you said, he acts more like he was Satan, although I doubt it because he relies too much on the grim reapers. If he were god, he would be able to read their mind and be more powerful but he has no idea what the grim reaper is thinking. Yet, the ending of the episode 7 underlined how powerless the god is. Only our grim reaper leader has the power to catch JW. Since it seems that our main grim reaper saw his past with the green vase, we can come to the conclusion that his past is also connected to the bracelet. From my point of view, the man who was erased could have been the father of the siblings at the orphanage.  And KSA is the owner of the bracelet... Maybe the bracelet is linked to her mother. 

Thank you, chingu for showing me the other side to this story. I never saw it from this standpoint. now I will continue though another c-drama has caught my attention again. :) Our Glamorous Times. 

18 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So does KSA have a power too? Cause the ‘god’ wants to see her first and seems to Target not just JW, but SA too.

I think because she not stopped under Joon Woo's super power , and she definitely has the connection with the bracelet too. That so call GOD wants to grab Sun Ah first so later he can grab Joon Woo easier & take his super power!!! :naughty:

3 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Thank you, chingu for showing me the other side to this story. I never saw it from this standpoint. now I will continue though another c-drama has caught my attention again. :) Our Glamorous Times. 

I'm enjoying Ever Night just not putting up the episodes fast enough..

26 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So does KSA have a power too? Cause the ‘god’ wants to see her first and seems to Target not just JW, but SA too.

I think God wants to use her against the time stopper. (basement) His soul collecting has to be for this purpose..

Archived