Lee Wan 이완

shinhwaholic

Guest iLWannie

Hello, @Nancyzak!

I have a copy of NLL but I haven't seen it yet. Based on a review I read, the movie was a tearjerker so I am still preparing myself ;) The same goes to In Soon is Pretty. 

I have also seen Stairway to Heaven, Tree of Heaven, and Once Upon a Time in Seoul (Boys Don't Cry). And I believe, this man knew how to handle his audience. :blush:

Cheers!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, iLWannie said:

Hello, @Nancyzak!

I have a copy of NLL but I haven't seen it yet. Based on a review I read, the movie was a tearjerker so I am still preparing myself ;) The same goes to In Soon is Pretty. 

I have also seen Stairway to Heaven, Tree of Heaven, and Once Upon a Time in Seoul (Boys Don't Cry). And I believe, this man knew how to handle his audience. :blush:

Cheers!!

Hi @iLWannie,

Great to know that you are not only aware of NLL but owns a CD too! I am not into tearjerker dramas/movie. The worst experience I had watching this type of genre had me a huge headache brought by the tension, stress, frustration and tons of tears and that lasted for two days! No more tearjerker for me from then on, hahaha......but yeah, sometimes it is easier said than done because there are among us who will do anything for our bias, even to the extent of sitting out for the tearjerker. Respect and salute the loyal fans!

KTH was the second lead in Stairways To Heaven and she is the baddie whereas LW was there as a child character. I guess you know that LW accompanied his sister for STH casting and he was asked to try out as well? That was how he got involved in the K-ent world, as I read it. He has not looked back since then save for the periodic long 'sabbatical' after his discharge from MS.

With his role in OGS, it should be an indication of a comeback and fingers crossed, for good. Oh you asked me why he kept quiet for a long time. So sorry that I don't know but I know that KTH mentioned about him participating in variety show, I think last year. or the year before that. Perhaps he was not totally out of the K-ent but waiting for suitable role for himself that took so long? Just my speculation.

Anyway, I have seen the short clips of him in OGS and honestly, I have very good hunch on his talent. Let's hope for longer focus on LW in the next teasers and we get stills of him in the drama. Hah, I can't wait to post them here! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iLWannie

Hello, @Nancyzak!

Thank you very much for those lovely pictures of Wannie. I was not able to go online for almost two weeks because I got sick. I spent 5 days at the hospital, I just got discharged today. I had pneumonia but I am a bit okay now.

I am now watching the first episode of "Our Gab Soon". I didn't know how much I missed Lee wan until I saw him a while ago. I really missed him.

Again, thank you for your posts. Cheers!! 

:heart:

On 28 August 2016 at 8:36 PM, iLWannie said:

Hello, @Nancyzak!

Thank you very much for those lovely pictures of Wannie. I was not able to go online for almost two weeks because I got sick. I spent 5 days at the hospital, I just got discharged today. I had pneumonia but I am a bit okay now.

I am now watching the first episode of "Our Gab Soon". I didn't know how much I missed Lee wan until I saw him a while ago. I really missed him.

Again, thank you for your posts. Cheers!! 

Hello to you too, @iLWannie

You are welcome and I am glad that you are recovering well!

I told you that I’ll catch the scenes of LW and I did! I must say that he emotes very well. I just hope that his character will become happier over time! 

I have here the 2 clips from SBS's OGS official site that have LW in them:

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009724&pgm_mnu_id=44395&pgm_build_id=18206&contNo=22000193593

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009724&pgm_mnu_id=44395&pgm_build_id=18206&contNo=22000193597

The poster making:

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009724&pgm_mnu_id=44675&pgm_build_id=18206&pageIdx=1&listOrder=regDtDesc&searchCondition=title&searchKeyword=&contNo=2

Cheers, and do take very good care of yourself!!! :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iLWannie

Hello, @Nancyzak! How are you?

I am very sorry for my late reply. I went back to the hospital and was hospitalized for a week. I had other illness, but I am okay now. Praise God!

I enjoyed watching OGS. Lee Wan still has it!! I mean, his acting skill hasn't changed. He really is a good actor. 

On 9/14/2016 at 9:08 PM, iLWannie said:

Hello, @Nancyzak! How are you?

I am very sorry for my late reply. I went back to the hospital and was hospitalized for a week. I had other illness, but I am okay now. Praise God!

I enjoyed watching OGS. Lee Wan still has it!! I mean, his acting skill hasn't changed. He really is a good actor. 

Hi iLWannie, so NICE to see you here. But, I'm sorry to hear that you've been confined to the hospital. I hope for your speedy recovery, dear. Hang in there & He won't fail you.

OMG - I almost forgot about his current drama until I visit this thread now. It's been quite a while since my last.....& my memory is failing me. Sigh..........Now, here it is : :P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sept. 12-18, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Sept. 17      
Laurel Tree Tailors 7 KBS 25.5%
Blow Breeze 7 MBC 13.1%
Flower in Prison 36 MBC 18.0%
Our Gap-soon 7 SBS 7.4%
Second to Last Love 12 SBS Pre-empted
Fantastic 6 JTBC 2.6%
Cinderella and the Four Knights 12 tvN 2.0%
Sunday, Sept. 18      
Laurel Tree Tailors 8 KBS 29.4%
Blow Breeze 8 MBC 13.1%
Flower in Prison 37 MBC 22.0%
Our Gap-soon 8 SBS 8.4%
Second to Last Love 13 SBS Pre-empted

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sept-12-18-2016/

13 minutes ago, iLWannie said:

@willenette

Hi!! How are you? It's been a while... and I am soooooo glad that LW is back. 

Thank you for sharing the rating but I have a question. Is 8% OK? I really have no idea :dissapointed:

Hi iLWannie, I'm happy also that LW is back on the small screen. In K-charting, 5% – 10%  is poor & disappointing. You need to be above 10% to play safe. If you hit the 15% - 20%  mark it's strong.  20% – 30%  it's a hit, 30% – 40% that's phenomenal & of course, 40% and up it's a national drama.

In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels.

When dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience. :P

Guest iLWannie

@willenette

Now I get it. Thank you for your crystal clear explanation.:blush: OGS has 50 episodes and I wish this drama would soar as high as the Himalayan mountain K2 :wink: (JCW, my other bias next to LW. hehehehe)  

Have you seen the pilot episode of OGS? KHS still has it, hasn't he? 

Hey, have you heard any news from Alex1999? It's been a year since I talked to her.

Cheers! :heart::wink:

1 hour ago, iLWannie said:

@willenette

Now I get it. Thank you for your crystal clear explanation.:blush: OGS has 50 episodes and I wish this drama would soar as high as the Himalayan mountain K2 :wink: (JCW, my other bias next to LW. hehehehe)  

Have you seen the pilot episode of OGS? KHS still has it, hasn't he? 

Hey, have you heard any news from Alex1999? It's been a year since I talked to her.

Cheers! :heart::wink:

Hi iLWannie, ye, his current drama is quite long - So, you also adore JCW, huh? I do the same, too. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the pilot EP but tried watching the 2nd one, it's just that not continuously since of lack of time. But, definitely, I will buy its DVD copy once it's available in the market. Too bad, I haven't heard any news about Alex1999. Like you, it's been quite a long time since her last online here. I wonder how she is, huh? I'm happy that you're doing fine, dear. :P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sept. 26-Oct. 2, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Oct. 1      
Laurel Tree Tailors 11 KBS 23.2%
Blow Breeze 11 MBC 11.1%
Flower in Prison 40 MBC 19.9%
Our Gap-soon 11 SBS 7.5%
Second to Last Love 14 SBS 7.2%
Fantastic 10 JTBC 1.9%
Cinderella and the Four Knights 16 tvN 3.1%
The K2 4 tvN 3.9%
Sunday, Oct. 2      
Laurel Tree Tailors 12 KBS 29.3%
Blow Breeze 12 MBC 11.2%
Flower in Prison 41 MBC 21.4%
Our Gap-soon 12 SBS 8.9%
Second to Last Love 15 SBS 12.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sept-26-oct-2-2016/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 3-9, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Oct. 8      
Laurel Tree Tailors 13 KBS 22.9%
Blow Breeze 13 MBC 11.6%
Flower in Prison 42 MBC 21.0%
Our Gap-soon 13 SBS 7.2%
Second to Last Love 16 SBS 7.3%
Fantastic 12 JTBC 2.7%
The K2 6 tvN 6.6%
Sunday, Oct. 9      
Laurel Tree Tailors 14 KBS
Blow Breeze 14 MBC
Flower in Prison 43 MBC
Our Gap-soon 14 SBS
Second to Last Love 17 SBS

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-3-9-2016/

Archived