[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Annyeong! Yes, I believe it is taken from that expression since they are going to meet again and get together (finally) for the third time in 2018. We're now in the second time round. So expect a break-up...

See, after the last episode, I have a feeling that a SE is completely possible! YJ said that it was unrealistic for couples to fight all the time and then get together in the end in romantic (movies?), and I wonder if that's a nod to the audience saying "we know what you don't like" or if that's a plot shadowing...

@tali58 From the description @dulcinea1 posted, I think the boss will end up with the brother :3 The younger sister and the best friend couple really intrigues me though, I can't wait see how a sassy and independent girl like the sister will fall for the flirty and not-serious-at-all best friend after seeing all of his bad flirting habits XD

On 10/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, triplem said:

We often hear about how opposites attract and I can tell you that is true...that person that is so vastly different from you often seems more exciting and makes your heart race. But those very same qualities that attracted you to that person can also be the very things that turn you off and annoy you no end ( ahahaha married almost a decade and dated a lot before that , so definitely speaking from experience here. Don't let my hubby read this :lol:) The pertinent question here is whether individuals who are polar opposites in terms of interest and personalities  like JY and YJ ( gosh even their initials are reversed) can overcome their differences once the honeymoon phase is over. Are both parties willing to give and take? Are they able to be honest with each other and open up communication channels? Are they going to trust the other person and have confidence in themselves? It's these things that will help the couple last the distance.

So when they do break up again the 2nd time, it isn't  going to be because he can't eat spicy food or that she doesn't like sappy sad movies that he enjoys. It won't even be about the competition from Mr Plastic Surgeon. It will definitely be because there was a breakdown in trust ,  a  lack in communication and a   clash in values where neither party is willing to compromise on.

People say "opposite attracts", but also say "bird of the same feather flock together," so is it going to be different or similar that are going to be attractive to us ;) I think it's possible that this is a question that will be addressed in this drama? 

I have thought about how they're going to break up the second time, and what came to my mind was the lack of trust and communication and clash in values as well, but also I feel like they jump into this too quickly this second time. This is the honeymoon phase, where everything is good and rosy, and then after the passion dies down, you realize that you have nothing in common with the other person and that you can't even carry on a small talk conversation because you don't like the same thing, and that's where things fall apart. For me personally, I find that this second break up is super important because in reality, this is what happens. For the third time, whether or not they end up together, I think there should be a valid reason for why they can't get together again at the end.

(I think I start rambling in nonsense at the end of this oops)

Ok this post makes it sound like I don't want them to end up together! I do, but if they don't I would be very interested to know why :3

2 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

I have a question about the title, but will read the whole thread first in case it's been discussed. It reminds of the expression "Third time is a charm..."

That's what I thought, too.  The first two tries fail but the third time is the charm.  :)

Hi @lilyphenix great to see you here . I’m in love with this drama & enjoy watching the OTP grow . It’s just one of those dramas that’s sweet & has a lot of heart . 

@tali58 To remove quoted images you can just select the image in the quote & delete. I hv also merged 3 of your posts above as consecutive posting within an hour is not encouraged here . You can edit your previous post and add in what you want to say . Sometimes it’s hard to quote again while editing the post , so I suggest copying what the person said & tag the person concern. We do give exceptions for consecutive posting for

1) live recap of episodes while they're  being aired

2) live recap of press conferences

3) consecutive posting after an hour 

i love his parents too . They are so sweet & were so pleased with him bringing a girl back .  In fact I enjoy all the supporting cast and their little side stories. There’s great family dynamics on both sides - love all the sibling relationships. 

As to SKJ’s acting - I have seen him in a few dramas but it was only in his last drama Are You Human Too that I felt his acting improve especially with the dual roles he had to play . But here in this drama, he’s really capturing the essence of being JY , and I adore him here 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Hi @lilyphenix great to see you here . I’m in love with this drama & enjoy watching the OTP grow . It’s just one of those dramas that’s sweet & has a lot of heart . 

@tali58 To remove quoted images you can just select the image in the quote & delete. I hv also merged 3 of your posts above as consecutive posting within an hour is not encouraged here . You can edit your previous post and add in what you want to say . Sometimes it’s hard to quote again while editing the post , so I suggest copying what the person said & tag the person concern. We do give exceptions for consecutive posting for

1) live recap of episodes while their being aired

2) live recap of press conferences

3) consecutive posting after an hour 

i love his parents too . They are so sweet & were so pleased with him bringing a girl back .  In fact I enjoy all the supporting cast and their little side stories. There’s great family dynamics on both sides - love all the sibling relationships. 

As to SKJ’s acting - I have seen him in a few dramas but it was only in his last drama Are You Human Too that I felt his acting improve especially with the dual roles he had to play . But here in this drama, he’s really capturing the essence of being JY , and I adore him here 

Thank you! I've never been in these forums before and still trying to figure out the postings. Another forum I'm on doesn't have posting numbers restrictions,  so I'm still learning. Thank you for the tips! 

In the press conference, they said "The third charm" had various meanings. As a lot of people here, I believe that one of them is how they meet again for the third time (and finally they live happily ever after :D) .

Another possible meaning is how they atract each other despite their opposite personalities, and that's their third charm, something maybe the second leaders haven't got although they do have more similar personalities.

JTBC has posted a scene from the next episode. I can't wait for Friday!

I feel like the true challenge would be what happens when they meet for the third time. They were able to get back together so easily the second time because they only really dated for a day the firs time they met and the reasons for them breaking up the first time were due to outside factors instead of their differences. I feel like the second breakup will actually be due to their differences and that will be harder to overcome should they meet again in the future. I haven't finished all of episode 4 yet since I've been somewhat preoccupied and can only watch bits of each episode slowly. :(

On 10/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, Cecentre said:

People say "opposite attracts", but also say "bird of the same feather flock together," so is it going to be different or similar that are going to be attractive to us ;) I think it's possible that this is a question that will be addressed in this drama? 

I have thought about how they're going to break up the second time, and what came to my mind was the lack of trust and communication and clash in values as well, but also I feel like they jump into this too quickly this second time. This is the honeymoon phase, where everything is good and rosy, and then after the passion dies down, you realize that you have nothing in common with the other person and that you can't even carry on a small talk conversation because you don't like the same thing, and that's where things fall apart. For me personally, I find that this second break up is super important because in reality, this is what happens. For the third time, whether or not they end up together, I think there should be a valid reason for why they can't get together again at the end.

This is true , agree on your points here.  It's fantastic if you can  find someone who share the same interests and hobbies , though of course that in itself does not guarantee the relationship could work. JY and YJ's potential problems here seems more than just a lack of common interests - it really is because his expectations of how she should be at work etc makes him come across petty and clingy. It may be sweet for some to have such an attentive bf but YJ's personality does not seem like someone who likes to be controlled . Right now it's all nice and rosy - she finds his possessiveness cute but after a while she might find him a pain in the butt for holding her back.

But does it mean they could never work?  For me it really boils down to whether the couple is willing to make some effort  for their partner. It's okay not to like everything your partner enjoys as long as you allow them to. I like that part where JY went and bought spicy tteobokki for her. Even if he isn't a fan, he understands she like it.  The key here is to give your partner space and to trust them. If they are going to make it work the 3rd time @mouse007 JY for one will have to loosen up and be less sticky. YJ needs to understand that he tends to be insecure - communication and honesty are key for making him feel better.  But by then they will be 5 years older - I do believe people are capable of change. I do think by then if the attraction is still there, they'd both be able to work out their differences.

I love the clip that @dulcinea1 posted. My fave bit was the change in JY's  expression after she kissed him and tried to make him feel better...he can be such an ahjumma sometimes :D . SKJ is doing great in his role.

giphy.gif

the clairvoyant said that our lead female will be courted by two boys during the year, that's why I think the year 2013 will last a few more episodes,

I Think that the second breakup is around episode 10, episode 11 should have many cry and break moments,

Episode 12 is surely  about the present 2018, maybe one of them will be in couple or dating somoene else

But I especially have the impression that it is the boy who is very in love with her, but are the writers going to add a second female lead to make things difficult? but otherwise I know that the one who plays the top star who is naughty did not like the lead male at the time, but I 'feel that she will still cause problems to our lead couple

4 hours ago, triplem said:

But does it mean they could never work?  For me it really boils down to whether the couple is willing to make some effort  for their partner. It's okay not to like everything your partner enjoys as long as you allow them to. I like that part where JY went and bought spicy tteobokki for her. Even if he isn't a fan, he understands she like it.  The key here is to give your partner space and to trust them. If they are going to make it work the 3rd time @mouse007 JY for one will have to loosen up and be less sticky. YJ needs to understand that he tends to be insecure - communication and honesty are key for making him feel better.  But by then they will be 5 years older - I do believe people are capable of change. I do think by then if the attraction is still there, they'd both be able to work out their differences.

@triplem I agree with you on this one. Just because 2 people are different doesn't mean it can't work. Like you said, it all boils down to how much effort they're willing to put for their partner. But both parties have to make adjustments and both have to put in effort otherwise if only one person is putting in all the work, it can be exhausting for that person. They also have to be willing to accept and love the other person for who he/she is just the way they are and not go into a relationship thinking they can change them. 

Personally, I think it's these differences in personalities and interests that add spice to a relationship, as long as both parties have the same core values, work towards the same goals, and respect each other.

Oh yeah Third Charm day! 

I love this gifs that jtbc posted on their IG .

Best present for birthday boy SKJ would be a steady rise in ratings 

Spoiler

Third ost out today 

Kiss BTS

1 hour ago, the girl who! said:

@thegirlwho!  I said he was hot! :D. Thank you for this shot. The article....lol...I never thought I'd ever see the phrase "romantic chicken legs." LOL.

Sorry about repeating the picture. I don't know how to delete the image from my reply. 

Ottoke, ottoke....?? I just finished completing ep.4, and I think I am going to have a very strong SLS... Sorry OJY!!.... I love seeing YJ with the doc. I thought they have great chemistry in the little time they interacted at the end of ep.4... or is it just because of the actor's great charisma he is exuding? I think this is the first time I've seen him acting. Going to google him now.

woahh after a long time not in the thread. finally this drama hooked my weekend. :D

after I watched their first meeting when they only 20 years old. and then they lost in contact for 6 or 7 years for a some reason from YJ. and like what we see JY feel like so depress when YJ left him. and until he decide to be police and he say it because of her. I feel like JY so much like her since the beggining. It's feel like first love for both of them. :wub:

and accidentally they meet again for the second time when they 26 years old. they resolved the problem why YJ left him without reason. after that they decide to dating as soon as possible. hahahaha :lol::lol:

and at the end of Ep. 4 the next second breakup of problem will appear :sweatingbullets:  I think it's will lead them to be a next good relationship. :P

story of this drama is all about love story. the one that make me want to know what will happen at the third meeting? how they will meet again? will they broken again? :ph34r::lol:

wooaahhh:lol: I'm really hooked with this drama since they release first trailer until their long teaser. I'm already attracted with their OST. and I love both of them pairing together in drama. SKJ and Esom :love::lol:

Archived