[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I had some time and wanted to start this. It took me a few go before I realize the husband's name is wrong on the 1st page.

Can't work out what the heck ending that was? Even with reading the spoilers.

I am ONLY commenting because the Netizens comments have been the most hilarious comments I have ever read. The utter bitterness and disgust.

And of course the fact that the other actor is a musical actor. Will go google him now.

In the meantime, good golly, feel sorry for you all. Lol. Goodness me. And I did want to check this out because of Esom.

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Wow I had some time and wanted to start this. It took me a few go before I realize the husband's name is wrong on the 1st page.

Can't work out what the heck ending that was? Even with reading the spoilers.

I am ONLY commenting because the Netizens comments have been the most hilarious comments I have ever read. The utter bitterness and disgust.

And of course the fact that the other actor is a musical actor. Will go google him now.

In the meantime, good golly, feel sorry for you all. Lol. Goodness me. And I did want to check this out because of Esom.

Well,  if you want to see a drama about deeply, and realistically flawed main couple, underused great supporting cast, and an unsatisfying ending,  BUT actors who do their best to give great performances despite a bad script,  then this is a drama to watch. Lol

Look up Min Woo Hyuk also on YouTube. His singing is amazing -- octave range, ability to change keys mid breath, and his voice alone are ridiculous! His story-telling abilities are off the charts. Lots of great performances by him on "Immortal Songs," some fun ones from "Singing Battle," and there are even some from his musicals (Le Miserables, Aida, Wicked, etc.). He was also on "House Husbands," in 2017, but this show isn't subbed. (It's a reality show that shows popular celebrity men in their daily lives at home with their families.)

Lol @tali58 you distracted me,  I don't  watch any of the shows.  However I am now hunting who he sang this  꿈삭 에서 with now. Driving me nuts. 

If I have  time will do HH- its ok I can  watch Korean shows without  subs,  we usually  watch Superman  returns.

In order not  to be out of point, will give this a miss. Since I am not sure I even want to support  any character.

• 5 months later...
On 11/3/2018 at 6:47 AM, darr said:

That beautiful cop heart should not be broken for anything.

She is very encouraging and courageous too and a good girlfriend.

I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, AlexandraReid said:

2. [+243,-17]
No matter how I look, Esom's character is cancerous.. Seo Kang Joon is really a saint, except for his cowardice. He is a devoted lover. Esom's character is self-centered. Even when her boyfriend says he dislikes it, she still continue to meet that guy. This won't happen in real life. 

6. [+47,-3]
Wowww. I was speechless at the end. ㅋㅋ Just let Joon Young marry Se Eun. Who cares if that cancerous character continues to date the doctor or not.. If Joon Young's heart waver now, he's really a pushover

1. [+636,-9]
What are they trying to do.. If he ditches the innocent girl he had proposed to, he's just a bad guy.. This isn't right. 

5. [+206,-2]
I don't want to see Joon Young getting cursed at because he proposed to her and then break up with her. It's better to stay this way and have Joon Young and Young Jae live their own lives happily. This is the first time I hoped the leads don't end up together. 

On 11/4/2018 at 12:41 AM, sal2 said:

allot of reason for how they are not right for each other. First time for me to feel this way for the supposed OTP in dramas. I think it would be fresh and bold if they never end up together in the end, consider it is a golden rule for drama writer to give the main leads a happy ever after together. He seems content in his life and happy with cop girl, so I don´t see how he easy gonna break off their engagement.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:33 AM, akiera said:

It feels like he really likes se eun but has a different chemistry with Young jae. Or may be the two actors have this comfortable chemistry which lets on more than what the director intended to be.  Where as Joon and Young jae had made me feel an uneasiness even when they were being all cute. There would have been some hope if she was still happy or comfortable in her place but knowing that she is so broken and miserable won't let joon to be in peace.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:33 AM, akiera said:

Joon has been the insecure person in the relationship before so I hope he will take care of se eun's feelings and will not let her go through that.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:22 AM, tali58 said:

So basically YJ hasn't changed.  She treated the doctor exactly how she treated JY.  Like JY, the doctor did all the work of trying to understand her, gave her everything he could, and did all the communication in their relationship, tried to get her to open up, and was the only one apparently who tried to save the marriage.....

On 11/4/2018 at 5:22 AM, tali58 said:

So there's no sign that she'd be any different if/ when YJ and JY get back together again. He may have grown in maturity and confidence, but as soon as he sees her again he's back to being like a boy, and not in a good way.  So how will their 3rd time around be any different? She's still emotionally closed off and only a "taker", while he's a "giver." 

On 11/18/2018 at 8:19 AM, chickfactor said:

In the end, I feel that HC and SE were ill-served as characters. They were simply vessels, just plot elements that served to keep the main couple apart, but not fully realized human beings.

On 11/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, AlexandraReid said:

7. [+252,-4]
Cancelling the wedding an hour before their marriage meeting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ And he's not one bit worried of Se Eun after that. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is that real? 

8. [+238,-2]
Esom and Seo Kang Joon dated for 6 months / She married Ho Chul for 4 years. 

1. [+1047,-23]
This is insane. He went overseas and came back within 4 years. And he ditched the girl he had a long distance relationship with. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+331,-1]
This is frustrating... That's his ex-girlfriend who broke up with him to go with the guy he disliked, she gave birth to a child and lived happily till the child died. After breaking up with her, he went to Portugal and lived a difficult life learning culinary. During that period of time, his girlfriend came to him and dated him. She was practically a daughter-in-law in his family's eyes. But he's a man who breaks off his engagement because he can't forget his ex-girlfriend. No matter how much times have changed, let's not wrap this up nicely in this way. 

BASICALLY  JUST QUOTED EVERY BIT OF MY OPINION FOR THIS DRAMA, THESE PEOPLE SPOKE THE TRUTH. I also loved Knetz comments, spot on. A Makjang, it is.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:22 PM, ardently said:

I'm not watching the last episode anymore and be stressed more.  Gosh, the ending is so frustrating.

ME ^ I skipped everything after knowing that no closure for SE and HC

On 11/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, tali58 said:

I was really disappointed not getting closure about HC and SE for the simple reason that by the end, I cared far more about them than the main couple. 

CUZ YEP^

And to end it all,  my final opinions as a quote:

On 11/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, chickfactor said:

I feel like nothing can surmount bad writing.

9. [+224,-4]
I think I get that the scriptwriter is trying to convey that first loves are difficult to forget. But I recommend her to open a fried chicken restaurant instead. 

And here lies the potential of having a better ending (You know, main characters staying friends  as was the ending BUT they end up with other people who they were better of with)

20181105_173901_8044.png&key=fd6ee003ead9c780dcb45160286ef42c91673170b5db93d175c71d1e4785eebb

Archived