[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for this week's eps, it's getting intense! There have been so many new drama coming recently but I'm only watching this one and Matrimony Chaos. I will love to have some soft romance (I thought this would be one) but it's just emo-rollercoaster all the way...

4 hours ago, stellar637 said:

Does anyone know where to watch this drama? Since DramaFever is shut down? Or any of the drama that was sub by DramaFever? 

For USA , you can try Kocowa for dramas broadcasted by main networks. (SBS, KBS , MBC ) . Also Viki . For this drama , Viu is also subbing it but it is available for the Asian market . However it does mean there are subs floating out there on illegal sites which we can’t mention here.

ratings 3.1% 

Spoiler

Will catch up on the episode soon. But from stuff I read online , we get to hear YJ’s POV . All this while it’s been JY ‘s voiceover. Looking forward to it

Screenshot_20181002-202416_Viu.jpg?resizhqdefault.jpgthirdcharm04-00326.jpg

Sometime it's like watching a couple of kids grow up right in front of us.  Fumbling around blindly in trying to find out what a relationship is and the lack of being able to share what it is they are feeling in being honest in the moment with each other.  Yet in doing so they are able to show the very raw yet honest look and truth about the doubts and fears in opening all of ones self in allowing another person to see all there is.  For the closer you get to one another the more of yourself the other person is able to see...

I admit that right now this drama is that sweet spot in my watching.  There are so many cute and loving moments and not just between the OTP.  I also loved that when YJ was in such a hurry in being late and yet she sees her brothers shoes untied at the door.   Without even a second thought she stops and leans down to tie his shoe and face them the right direction in taking care of even the smallest things.  In showing love for her brother...

Jealousy...  It would seem we get rid a a male threat or at least YJ makes her feelings known.  But like a revolving door it would seem a female police officer who has the same taste in men as YJ.  Might want to share more than just a lunch table with him.  Although it is a part of being in a relationship and jealousy isn't a bad thing when realizing how much a person means to you.  Unless it becomes extreme and then it is about lack of trust and the fear in losing what you have to someone else.  Often the root of that problem is lack of confidence in believing in the person you do have or a lack of confidence in yourself...

:heart:

This drama has a way of moving me everytime @USAFarmgirl . Be it the petty fights they have or the sweet moments, I feel like I am going through the motions of a relationship myself. I can understand why not everyone would appreciate this drama but I am glad that it sticks to its guns and continues to give us protagonists that are flawed and relatable. 

Last night's episode continued where we left of last week with both YJ and JY finally breaking the cold war they were having. While I wish they had sorted this out long before YJ's birthday, this was a most necessary fight. People often think that arguments and conflicts are bad for a relationship, but I think they are sometimes needed in order for people to be transparent with how they feel. Even though the duo did not make up immediately, it was clear they both needed to hear each other's perspective - imagine seeing me have dinner with another girl...imagine me not calling you on your birthday. I liked that she admitted that she was acting out of anger by having dinner with doc. I liked that he told her he does trust her,  but it was her birthday...so what could be the problem Joon Young ah? He should have called her ...it was clear he regretted it. It's funny how as an outsider looking in , these conflicts seem so trivial but when you are in the relationship , these things can make or break a relationship. 

YT has been such an amazing support for YJ and the OTP. He is probably my favorite supporting character here.  I love the words of comfort he gave YJ, telling her how men are sometimes petty and need their time and space to sulk. Then when JY  came over, he very indirectly admonished YJ about manning up and saying sorry first. Although the scene led to a very drunk JY , it led to them patching up. And though he was drunk , this was genuinely how he felt...

DqVCmsi.png

At the end of the day, sorry is not hard to say  but often it is pride that prevents one from backing down. 

Spoiler

R95NM8r.png

This drama has a way of making us question what makes a good foundation and basis for a relationship to work or last. The introduction of the lady cop was meant to cast doubts over whether two people who are such complete opposites like YJ and JY can go the distance. On paper it would seem that Min Se Eun would suit someone like JY - she's so much like him and everything that YJ is not.  .  She's a neat freak, has similar tastes etc....might seem like a match made in heaven.  But then do we go date or marry a person just because they are so similar to us? 

I think the drama answered that question when we hear YJ's voice over at the end. She said she was a nobody or nothing. But when she was with JY she felt special. To me that was the most important ingredient for any relationship to work - that we cherish the person we love and they do so in return as well. Even if the person is so different from you, it does not mean it's doomed if both parties give equal effort . Which is why I agree with you @dramaninja, the impending break-up , apart from JY's insecurities and jealousy,  will likely  be because YJ failed to give as much as she received from JY.

ZZeIPqQ.png0EDfNYO.png

9 hours ago, triplem said:

For USA , you can try Kocowa for dramas broadcasted by main networks. (SBS, KBS , MBC ) . Also Viki . For this drama , Viu is also subbing it but it is available for the Asian market . However it does mean there are subs floating out there on illegal sites which we can’t mention here.

ratings 3.1% 

Reveal hidden contents

YJ’s POV . All this while it’s been JY ‘s voiceover. Looking forward to it

Kocowa has a joint arrangement with Viki, to show Kocowa shows on Viki Plus. But so far, as of today, Viki is not showing "Third Charm" nor "Terius Behind Me," nor "Goblin," which is still a huge favorite. 

I've posted requests for these shows on the Viki request section. Hopefully many others are doing the same....

I watched a clip on YouTube and viola here am i:D

I love, love this drama. It has the slice of life feel and I'm on board already.

This guy, is he human?

Are we sure her heart is not shaking in reality?

The two drunk scenes are so on point.

Well executed. So funny yet he look so  cute.

Will have to dive into the drama to know what it is all about.

Hi everyone:kiss_wink:

I watched it live.  And this time it is young jae jealousy.  The female cop is being hurt along with JY while on a mission.  Both r hospitalised and they just get close, when YJ see them.  End.  I did not see the preview though for next episode.

The end of the episode clip

jtbc

JTBC released the vids...some sweet scenes such as this...

Highlight scenes - Tables will turn in this episode where YJ will be bitten by the  green eyed monster...

This new development was brought about by JY and team going on a raid. New lady cop was undercover. The raid turns violent ( SKJ looks really hawt fighting :D ) ...long story short , the gangster used her to as hostage, she sprayed his eyes with pepper spray and the guy pushed her. JY grabbed her but they both fell down the stairs...he hit his head and passed out..but managed to save her

He was admitted to hospital. He called YJ later when he got up. She rushed over to the hospital. In the same vid, JY's sis comforts bestie who I think was dumped by his girl

Spoiler

Meanwhile the lady cop who broke her leg, hobbled over to see JY . She apologised for causing him to be injured but he assures her ...not to worry, all part and parcel of the job... YJ arrives at hospital but JY not in his bed

Spoiler

He and the girl cop went to the roof top to get some air and have some canned fruits. She asked him to share her can as she can't finish. They seem to get along and have a lot to talk about

Spoiler

YJ finally finds them...they were about to leave , the girl almost fell...JY caught her...checked her foot...YJ saw the whole scenario...hmmm I think it's her turn to be jealous

edit : just saw your post @pad-hari. Great to see you here. Yes, no preview on YT as well.

hello @darr ...this drama is lovely and realistic.SKJ is doing amazing here.  

YJ and JY.

So confusing:D

Thanks @triplem,

Is YJ having trust issue or inferiority complex.

She saw everything yet her face turned red.

I have to watch all the episodes to know what's actually happening.

She can't look that way for no reason as I didn't find anything bad he did.

16 hours ago, triplem said:

At the end of the day, sorry is not hard to say  but often it is pride that prevents one from backing down. 

Reveal hidden contents

This drama has a way of making us question what makes a good foundation and basis for a relationship to work or last. The introduction of the lady cop was meant to cast doubts over whether two people who are such complete opposites like YJ and JY can go the distance. On paper it would seem that Min Se Eun would suit someone like JY - she's so much like him and everything that YJ is not.  .  She's a neat freak, has similar tastes etc....might seem like a match made in heaven.  But then do we go date or marry a person just because they are so similar to us? 

I think the drama answered that question when we hear YJ's voice over at the end. She said she was a nobody or nothing. But when she was with JY she felt special. To me that was the most important ingredient for any relationship to work - that we cherish the person we love and they do so in return as well. Even if the person is so different from you, it does not mean it's doomed if both parties give equal effort . Which is why I agree with you @dramaninja, the impending break-up , apart from JY's insecurities and jealousy,  will likely  be because YJ failed to give as much as she received from JY.

Hello and welcome all newcomers.  Hope you find a way to watch subs, if not, please PM me :P

How is everyone?  I only finished episode 7.  Was entertained and nodding my way through all the voice overs.  This drama stays the course and its leisure pace, given this second together the necessary time it needs.  I really want the second break up to be organic and driven by something beyond them (not second leads okey). I'm hoping it will be more than a trust issue or an incompatibility problem. Breaking up due to something despite their hardest attempt will acknowledge for both that relationship is precious and full of hard work, not to be taken for granted.

@triplem @USAFarmgirl huhhh I don't know, not easy for me.  Sorry is indeed the hardest word to say :D  It requires me to reflect past actions and open my eyes to another viewpoint.  I think it depends on what I am wrong about.  If it's the little things, it's easier  LOL.  Joon-Young finds that pride is hard to overcome.  For me, age and maturity are important driving mechanisms in any relationship.  I think as I grow ahem**older**, the more I appreciate relationships (be it friendship, familial, romantic..) from a different perspective and personal needs.  The small things that are monumental for me to scale, the personal sacrifices that seemed one-sided, the mistakes that cannot be fixed, all those are not as big a deal as they were.  It is also true that the older I am, the more set I am in certain things so it is hard to compromise. However, I think I learn to stop fighting the small battles and look at the bigger picture more.

For Young-Yae, her visions of how she values herself has changed in episode 7.  Up till the magazine interview, her motivation and dream stemmed from the early years when people like Soo-Hee would discount her for not able to go to college.  Young-Jae wanted to prove them wrong by succeed in her hair design career.  As much as I like her drive, I think its value was misplaced.  The value she puts on her success, landing a magazine cover to validate her talent, ended up a bust.  The magazine was more interested in playing for visuals and marketing her sexy looks to sell than to conduct a real interview about her talent.  Throughout the shoots, she didn't flash any smile and hella uncomfortable. When the reporter asked about hairstyle trend, Young-Jae admits the prettiest style is one that reflects your own self.  That was eye-opening for her as when she is the prettiest and most valuable is when she is with our dear Joon-Young.  Her brother Soo Jae is more concerned that she is happy, above her own success, so I think this is why we keep seeing him reminding Young-Jae of the thoughtful and priceless things Joon Young are doing for her.  (BTW, I don't know if this is hinting of the future where Young-Jae's rising career will create a rift in their relationship). At the end of episode 7, Young-Jae finally realized and acknowledge that her happiness, when she is comfortable in was not the stilettos but the worn sneakers.  

IMG_0253

Spoiler

IMG_0258IMG_0259

IMG_0260

IMG_0261

I really like how Young-Jae were given a change which she is in the make up chair now as the star.

20181015_154611_3900.jpg

JTBC

Spoiler

20181015_154615_7474.jpg

IMG_0255IMG_0256

I love the lingering shots of the shoes.  @triplem yes, I noticed that she stopped to tie Soo-Jae shoes as well.  People say you don't know the person until you walked in her shoes.  In Young-Jae's case, she lived in both.  Our OTP may not be compatible over their differences... yet, it is because Joon-Young tries to overlook what drives him crazy, respects her needs despite not agreeing and still make her feel like the most important princess in the world that makes him her one true love.

The doc in episode 7 is more humane (dare I say a little likable) when he admitted his faults in his failed marriage.  The walk with Young-Jae was a nice moment.  Ho-Chul fell in love with his wife for her musical talent after hearing her played. His wife quits being a cellist and wanted to stay home after the marriage.  Ho-Chul, as a new physician, was busy at work and couldn't fulfill his role as a husband to her.  Their marriage couldn't survive the daily arguing yet at the divorce signing, he still didn't know what he did wrong.  He does at least admit to one fault, he didn't not fulfill his promise to sing to her at their wedding.   His lack of musical talents, and wish to correct that part of his seemingly perfect personality, may have lead to his marriage.  He blames on himself for wanting to complete himself through another person as it is no reason for entering into a relationship.  As he was saying it, I also wonder if it was also about his wife who quit her career to live as Ho-Chul's wife.  Somewhere in their relationship, one or both stop living honestly for himself/herself.  Were they ever compatible?

BTW, what does everyone think about RiWon and Sang-Yi's line.  Why he keeps breaking up?  Is it a commitment issue or something else?  

IDK, IMO, those who are alike may not necessarily fall in love and stayed in love with each other.  Those who are different don't have the easy ways in their relationships but it does not necessarily mean they can't make it work.  What is important is to communicate the differences, respect and appreciate each other and work together to compliment their different personalities to make the union whole.  It's another case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Seo Kang-Joon is adorable in episode 7.  No complaint about Joon-Young from me!  Soo-Jae was Yoda again. 

20181017_113240_7288.jpg

Spoiler

20181015_162111_9827.jpg

AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1       9/28/18     1.804%

Episode 2       9/29/18     1.795%

Episode 3      10/5/18       2.859%

Episode 4      10/6/18       3.374%

Episode 5      10/12/18     2.722%

Episode 6      10/13/18     2.970%

Episode 7      10/19/18     3.050%

Episode 8      10/20/18     3.035%

Source

@bedifferent always glad to read your posts and @triplem's too!!!  I think it's the imperfections that make this drama so perfect for me and now that jealousy has been felt by both and I was a bit surprised that YJ stayed in hiding and didn't come out.  It could have been a mixture of surprise not the good kind or in wanting to see and hear everything for herself.  But in a way I am glad she is feeling it and it would seem another lesson is being learned.  It's funny though JY was upset about her washing a mans hair but not so worried about sharing a can of peaches in his PJ's in the middle of the night or in holding or touching another woman's foot.  I don't doubt the innocence in his actions believe me, but still if it would have been her in that same situation I pretty much know what he would have said and done...

I guess we will soon find out how she deals with it and with him...:blush:

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

He does at least admit to one fault, he didn't not fulfill his promise to sing to her at their wedding.   His lack of musical talents, and wish to correct that part of his seemingly perfect personality, may have lead to his marriage. 

This is such irony :lol: because in RL, he is very musical and sings so.so.very well...

Caught up with ep.8, unfortunately with lots of fast-forwarding though :(

I love seeing YJ and JY lovey-dovey scenes, they are just too cute with each other... but I get frustrated to the extreme seeing all the petty misunderstandings. It's clear they adore each other so much, and yet they can't get past doubting each other, doubting themselves. I know what they experience is very real for many couples, but I still can't stand watching it, especially having the bird's eye view. It frustrates me to no end. No end.

I think I'm going to hold off watching for now until the third charm happen and pick up from there...

I love it. This is the best show I'm watching right now. I'm a little bummed that it's not getting more love but it is really a hidden gem!

I just have to give special love to Soo-Jae. What an amazing actor. All the struggles and indignities of having lost the function of your legs expressed so heartbreakingly in his face. I feel for him so much. He makes me want to cry.

These two lovebirds really do clearly adore each other. But they still have a lot of things to work out. I was on Young-Jae's side all the way - she is free to do what she wants, he doesn't own her! But knowing that her heart is with Joon-Young, it was nice to see her draw clear boundaries.

But now that the shoe is on the other foot, it turns out she has a jealousy monster lurking inside her too. Can't wait to see how she works that out.

I'm sure that she will work it out. They'll overcome this and be stronger for it.

Archived