[Drama 2018] The Third Charm, 제3의 매력

0ly40

@bedifferent  My heart is broken and I already miss DF I already wrote about it on the Add & Subtract thread but let me just say how we need more sights not less and we have lost to many good ones already...:bawling:  It should make everyone sad because it's one less choice...

67f827372d17_Ao3Vg_f-maxage-0.gif    I do love this drama and how it's already spoken to my heart and even made me realize that the problems I often think are big are rather small in reality.  That the things I take for granted everyday even walking are what other people only dream about and desire.  Most of all that no matter the handicap or struggle it cannot limit or define who you are and that there is so much one can do with what you are given.  And still so much love one can give...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, triplem said:

So not easy to watch , but so darn realistic. 

Yup! I so agree. I mean, I really like the funny moments, and I needed a sweet drama like this one after Mr. Sunshine. That said my stomach has been increasingly hurting since episode 5, because I feel so sad for Young-Jae and Soo-Jae...

Episode 6 was the hardest for me to watch. I was getting upset at YJ and JY for not treasuring their relationship more, then I was reminded that their love is still immature... because it's young, and they both don't have much experience. They were each other first love, and everything they experience together feels raw to them, is heightened, so the good probably makes them feel super high (cue to JY smiling all the time for no reason, lol), and the misunderstandings feel (at least to JY) as if it's the end of the world...

Yes, this is realistic to the point of discomfort, but it means that the writers are doing a terrific job at portraying this love story. <3

22 hours ago, triplem said:

A small note about the doc. No offence to those who like him .Something about him does not sit well with me. I feel that he’s a bit of a fake. When they first had toppoki , He said he too loved spicy food but it seemed it may not be. Then his friends at the tennis game said something also about him putting up a front. Also he was trying to add fuel to fire when JY was complaining about YJ. Of course I was completely irked in the last scene . Perhaps I’m over reading things & he may just be a really nice guy but hmmm it’s safe to say I hv no SLS

:lol: I'm taking back what I wrote earlier after ep.4 about the possibility of having SLS... Finally caught up with ep.6 and yes, something shady about the doc, esp.when his friends made comments. So a word to the singles still looking for life partners, get to know your partner's friends, as you will find out a lot more information to know what your partner is really like. Anyway, I can also safely say I won't be having any SLS because the doc can't hold a candle to JY despite his pettiness :P

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

Yup! I so agree. I mean, I really like the funny moments, and I needed a sweet drama like this one after Mr. Sunshine.

[edited]

Ha! I love that I am not the only one who needs this show as an antidote for the gut-wrenching brutality of Mr. Sunshine. (Ow, my heart still hurts.)

Honestly, I think these two kids will eventually be fine. Such silly pride, such youthful stubbornness. All it takes is to be the bigger one, and pick up the phone first. Who cares? You love each other, your love will not think less of you for being the one to reach out first.

They'll figure it out. They're both nice kids. They've both been hurt before, so they have walls and baggage to overcome.

I guess Cute Doctor doesn't bother me, because I feel confident that he's not really in the game. He wants to be, it's cute to see him think he has a chance, but ... he could be a secret player, he could be a jerk... but I just don't think it matters because I don't think he's a serious contender.

The one thing he did do was support Young-Jae after her fight with So-Hee. Cute Doctor did for Young-Jae what Joon-Young did not do 7 years ago, which was to stick up for Young-Jae. He didn't really take So-Hee's side, but he also wasn't able to take her down a peg like she deserved. (Hurray for Sang-Hyun! He gets lots of credit for that.)

I guess my last comment is that Joon-Young did do something incredibly sweet for Young-Jae by cooking her a beautiful dinner and even taking care of her brother. But he was also petty enough to leave before she came home and she knows what that means. AND the bottom line is that just because he did something wonderful for someone does not give him the right to control her life, or that she owes him anything.

They'll be fine.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: I'm taking back what I wrote earlier after ep.4 about the possibility of having SLS... Finally caught up with ep.6 and yes, something shady about the doc, esp.when his friends made comments. So a word to the singles still looking for life partners, get to know your partner's friends, as you will find out a lot more information to know what your partner is really like. Anyway, I can also safely say I won't be having any SLS because the doc can't hold a candle to JY despite his pettiness :P

Lol!!! I’m still trying to keep a open mind about him since nothing is always what it seems but @chickfactor has got a good point that doc isn’t much of a contender . I wonder if they will both date other people during the 2nd round of breakup 

looks like there are still some fun times ahead 

9 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Given the way our lead male is so unconfident and immature, I am sure that when the story will come in 2018, he will have changed completely, he will be confident, on him and probably a casanova, a flirty

If he is immature  then what is she? I dont get the one sided nature from  some people.

We already know he done things wrong but so has she its not one sided at all.

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Where are you able to see episodes 5 and 6? Drama Fever still doesn't have them,  and the subtitled ones on You Tube have the voices so distorted and the quality is so poor, it's impossible to watch. 

I'm getting really frustrated with Drama Fever. 

3 minutes ago, tali58 said:

Where are you able to see episodes 5 and 6? Drama Fever still doesn't have them,  and the subtitled ones on You Tube have the voices so distorted and the quality is so poor, it's impossible to watch. 

Drama Fever shutdown yesterday.

8 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Wow, I was around when DramaFever was born.  My first subscription was free for a year courtesy of javabeans. Sad, a sign of the time.  Hope another site will pick up the translation :cry:

And yes, javabeans was javabeans blog before it became dramabeans.  I still have the music CDs compiled and sent by javabeans for being a contributor on the site.  Many many moons ago. LOL

Anyway. Love reading everyone’s comments @triplem @USAFarmgirl @rocat @122am @chickfactor

@ladyda your blog and twitter are hilarious, I love them.  Keep coming by please.

No!!!! So far no other site is showing "Third Charm" in the U.S.:tears:. I'm so bummed!!!

1 hour ago, tali58 said:

I watched Chinese subs. It's closer to Korean and sometimes I get to learn new vocabs because some words are similar sounding. Some people have recommended Kocowa and Viu depending on where you live. Hope the English subs can be made available asap.

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I do love this drama and how it's already spoken to my heart and even made me realize that the problems I often think are big are rather small in reality.  That the things I take for granted everyday even walking are what other people only dream about and desire.  Most of all that no matter the handicap or struggle it cannot limit or define who you are and that there is so much one can do with what you are given.  And still so much love one can give...

Bravo!  This exactly how a really good drama should make us feel.  :)

I always remember what one of my college professors taught us about recognizing "true" art:  All art 'entertains' once (meaning that it amuses us for a moment) but true art entertains twice (meaning that it continues to teach us lessons that we keep thinking about long after we have seen the art itself--it helps us to see deeper meanings in our own hearts and about our own humanity).

This is the sort of thing that I am always searching for in drama, and only find sometimes. It's a treasure hunt of the best kind!  

4 hours ago, tali58 said:

Dramafever had the exclusive liscense for North America, so if you live in North America you will need to go to other sites to watch the drama. It is being subbed by legal streaming site VIU so if you live in a country that has VIU you can watch it there. Please check your PM for an additional message.

@Table122000 Oh how I wish I was one of those countries that could get VIU but I will keep searching and in fact hoping that I will find a place.  If not I'll be waiting and thankful for those who do get it and share their thoughts here.  It's just one more thing that I took for granted and in a blink of an eye it's gone...

15 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@Table122000 Oh how I wish I was one of those countries that could get VIU but I will keep searching and in fact hoping that I will find a place.  If not I'll be waiting and thankful for those who do get it and share their thoughts here.  It's just one more thing that I took for granted and in a blink of an eye it's gone...

Yes, I understand where you are coming from @USAFarmgirl I wish I could get VIU as well. It's not an ideal situation when you have to go to other sites. Please check your PM for an additional message.

14 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I do love this drama and how it's already spoken to my heart and even made me realize that the problems I often think are big are rather small in reality.  That the things I take for granted everyday even walking are what other people only dream about and desire.  Most of all that no matter the handicap or struggle it cannot limit or define who you are and that there is so much one can do with what you are given.  And still so much love one can give...

On 10/15/2018 at 6:05 AM, rocat said:

But the two eps, I thought, really brought out the painful little confidence Joon-young has. The littlest shred of doubt causes him to sulk disproportionately. It’s so hard to watch. His understanding of how a relationship works seems to have stayed at the point they left off 7 years ago. He is idealistic and the moment situations take a route different from what he expects, he sits, pouts the drown himself in his bottomless pit of sorrow. But he has a good nature, giving and is hard to dislike. I wish he would keep less to himself, hold back less and build his ability to express. He knows what to do and yet doesn’t perhaps cos he feels like he is somewhat lacking cf the very forward plastic surgeon. That inadequacy manifests as anger.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:14 AM, 122am said:

What Young Jae wants, is space. She wants a lot of space, a lot of time, she wants to excel in her career, no one should or must stop her. Because without money, she got nothing. She only has her own two hands, she got no time to waste. It's like, survival in cruel world for her. Even more so when her brother got an accident, she has a lot of things to consider. 

Young Jae also needs someone she can really depend on. Probably she is not the type to sulk, complain, feel petty, everything is so sad, she has to deal with one problem and move on to the next. 

However, because they fell in love since they were young, they have this deep emotional connection towards each other. It's like first love, it's fate, it's deep. 

If 20+ years old Young Jae and 20+ years old YJ met each other as the first day, I believe they will not be so deeply in love with each other. They are just incompatible, but just feel deep feelings for each other. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:26 AM, triplem said:

what I’ve learned ( and still learning even after a decade of marriage) is that  for any relationship to work, there has to be mutual effort to put the relationship first & there must be consideration for the  feelings of our partners . Like what wise &  desperate :lol: Joo Ran says : “give & take “ 

——— 

Sometimes I think it’s exhausting being Joo Young . It’s exhausting for himself & for his partner. He can  be wonderfully sweet - going over & above to please his partner as mentioned by @122am ( loved your post , resonates with me ) but he tends to wallow in self pity & let’s small things overwhelm him. 

So many great comments here about our OTP :D I am also so glad our thread is alive @Cecentre come back LOL.

Can I just add?

@triplem I so agree with you about mutual respect and consideration between the two parties.  JY and YJ have boundaries to define who they are as people.  At this point, those are immovable walls to both; JY due to his perfect personality and YJ for her indepedent spirit.  Until they realize that moving those walls do not mean they will lose the qualities that define them, their relationships can’t last.  I think  they will learn it’s fine to compromise and taking turn to concede will benefit them as a couple.  I’m with you on the lack of communication.  I think at this point they are seeing their stand and their opinions as more important than the value of their relationship (which really is still in its infancy).  Once they have undergone and survived a hardship in some form together will they know if their love is priceless or not.  Hopefully, we get to see something important happened with their 3rd get-together.

@USAFarmgirl I hope Soo-Jae will find someone to lean on soon apart from his sister.  Not only because I feel he’s guilty of the burden placed on Young-Jae but more for his confidence that he can be loved as a man.  I feel sad for him settling for his lot in life due to his disability.  I can’t wait to see how they will bring YJ’s hair salon owner into his universe.  I’m secretly hoping Soo-Hee will end up starring in his first police procedural drama. LOL

@rocat @122am Agreeeing with your thoughts.  I think the secret to getting back together after a fight is that you really have to like your partner.  Cuz fights are ugly you know.  You say the wrong things in the heat of the moment, your eyes throw daggers (not hearts), you spit (a little) when you raise your voice and yell, overall, we look terrible and sound worse.  For YJ and JY, they have to learn to like each other as people.  JY’s meek personality may irk YJ so she has to appreciate his choice of career to overcome his fear of violence and blood.  In tandem to his annoying perfect nature is his thoughtfulness to details.  YJ’s strong personalities may prevent her from verbalizing her vulnerability and thoughts but she shows her kind heart through her actions to help others.  She is a no nonsense girl with a built-in practicality due to her financial background so she is not going to wallow in sadness and waste an opportunity to fine-dine on of all time, her birthday.  I kinda like the fact that she knows her own feelings (she doesn’t like the doc) and confident enough to have meals with other male apart from her own BF.  Yes, she may not have thought it through (both sides of the coin) so her lack of thoughtfulness is not mean spirited but from a limited perspective.  I do agree that she is not perceptive enough to realize JY’s kind gestures behind her back but would you?  In a relationship, it’s important to be honest and frank with your actions and feelings.  

Do I sound like I know what I am an expert in a relationship? LOL  Far from it.  I see myself in both JY and YJ. Think that’s why this drama speaks to me! :lol:  

18 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Is he me or does he look different at the police station?

Different in what way? He looks so distraught half the time .Joon Young , joon Young ...why does he make it so hard ? 

Omo!!! Forget the love triangle. The quadrangle will kick in . The young lady cop will have a crush on JY 

Jtbc updates

Archived