Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

28 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Btw @stroppysedo you know what this says? not sure if a spoiler so you dont have to look at if you dont want to :)

http://polinews.co.kr/news/article.html?no=385452

Hmm, just took a quick glance. It seems to say that the final shooting scene was with UE and Lee Jang Woo at Inchon Airport. Apparently, the writer Kim Sa Kyung and the CEO of DK E&M which I think is the production company was also at the final shoot, and it was a good atmosphere.  And, then there is a completion event with a cake, and goes on to describe more of that. Also, celebrating ratings over over 50%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Spoilers for the last episode that is  on right now,sorry this is my first time trying to do live recaps I skipped alot

Spoiler

I think not 100% sure that his mom and even DY went to apologize for WDR sake. 

He was in a bad place he looked awful I think DR turn him down again but this time she change her mine and ran after him but he was already gone thats  he looked awful.

Her dad took awhile thinking about it and I think he finally  said yes, she ran after WDR who is at the airport and they had a nice hug.

She is living back at home with him and everyone seem happy now,grandma was still chasing the mom around though lol.

DR and DY team up to  investigate see if her husband is cheating.Lol everyone was trying to hold their husbands back from beating up  the fool.

I think its 2 years later now and DR is going to law school.

They all gather for a big birthday party

DY is pregnant and so is DR sister,I see so many kids at this party I dont know whos who lol

We cut to both of them giving birth both husbands where being used to  help their stress lol

The End!

I left out alot of stuff of course since I dont understand the language but I did my best I hope you enjoyed it. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, celebrianna said:

I also feel that a lot of these family show writers always make the main female character suffer for like 40 plus one-hour episodes and give the villain a bit of comeuppance in the last episode as well as a very lame semblance of redemption. It’s never satisfying. 

Dear fellow viewers, I feel for you. Actually, when I finish watching many dramas, I often find myself in agony.

Good leads must suffer, even protect bad leads: Is this the message?
It seems that in many dramas:
1) Good leads suffer in 97% (or more) episodes and are truly happy in 3% (or less) (last) episodes. 
2) Bad leads prosper in those 97% (or more). In the remaining 3% (or less), they are sometimes punished, but the punishment is very little shown. In others, bad leads escape punishment completely.

This is already bad. However, what might disturb the mind is that, not only are bad leads expected to forgive and accept bad leads, they are even expected to protect, even risk their lives, for the bad leads
a) In "The Good Witch", bad lead left good lead unconscious in a burning house. Yet, to protect the bad lead, the good lead threw herself at a gun and got mortally wounded in her stomach.
b) In “Meet Me at 1006”, good lead tried to save the bad lead, who had just kidnapped his girlfriend, and got shot point blank in the head.  

While many other dramas do not go to such extremes, the message (that good leads must suffer and  protect bad leads) seems to permeate.
c) In this drama, Eun-Young & Do-Ran causes endless suffering to Doran until the last 1-2 episodes. Yet Do-Ran protects Eun-Young and Da-Ya to the end. For example, when  the chairman wanted to divorce his wife, Do-Ran protected her and got divorced instead. She never tells other people how both women abused her. 

This is the million dollar question:
"Why should good leads suffer, and even risk their lives, for the sake of bad leads, who have inflicted so much suffering to the bad leads?"
If the production teams/scriptwriters want to send a message, what kind of topsy-turvy message do they want to convey to the viewers?
I rest my case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Spoilers for the last episode that is  on right now,sorry this is my first time trying to do live recaps I skipped alot

Reveal hidden contents

He was in a bad place he looked awful I think DR turn him down again but this time she change her mine and ran after him but he was already gone thats  he looked awful.

Her dad took awhile thinking about it and I think he finally  said yes, she ran after WDR who is at the airport and they had a nice hug.

She is living back at home with him and everyone seem happy now,grandma was still chasing the mom around though lol.

DR and DY team up to  investigate see if her husband is cheating.Lol everyone was trying to hold their husbands back from beating up  the fool.

DY is pregnant and so is DR sister,I see so many kids at this party I dont know whos who lol

We cut to both of them giving birth both husbands where being used to  help their stress lol

The End!

I left out alot of stuff of course since I dont understand the language but I did my best I hope you enjoyed it. :)

I just want you to know that everything was accurate!! That’s how the story went!!! It was a good summary of what happened!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@jasmine19

Yes I agree.  These types of dramas are a guilty pleasure for me.  Not because I like to watch good people suffer but for the pay off at the end. Perhaps I want to see that justice in fiction that never or rarely happens in real life.

I would agree with you that 99% of the time the bad people are 'redeemed.'  And I'm not against redemption but that it comes so cheaply for the bad people whilst the good people carry the burden of the rest of the debt owed from their bad deeds whether it is lost time or even lost lives.

I think for me the recent dramas with ending full of justice and left me satisfied were Cdrama Because of you and Kdrama Sunny again tomorrow. Not perfect but man some of the comeuppance was a joy to watch. 

As for My Only Way, I'm disappointed.  Would have I been happy to see DR get together with Tae Poong and live a happy life whilst making WDR mum jealous and miserably along with DY. Yes, 100% yes.  However I could also have been appeased if DY and WDR mum had more realization or growth which wasn't to be seen. 

I don't regret watching this drama - that scene alone in the Police Station when DR's father is vindicated and DR and her father's scenes thereafter where so heartwarming.  Plus HJ too. 

I just wish drama writers would realize we're not here for JUST the pain. We suffer the pain so that justice will be all that much more sweeter. *sighs*  Oh well back to real life I suppose... Can you recommend any dramas where the end the bad guys get their comeuppance?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Reveal hidden contents

The End!

I can fill in a couple of blanks...

HJ bought DR’s mom a building.

All of the kids running around at the birthday party was because Kang-sam opened an orphanage.

Will save final comments until after watching subs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The ending was so-so. They could of given us a passionate kiss at the airport, how stingy WriterNim!  Glad that the OTP got back together. Would of love it if they had the OTP leaving for their 2nd honeymoon in a RV. DR suffered for the majority of the show and we were left with just a hug. I’m not even going to go there about DY!

• Like 6

I know this is the ending that I assumed would happen, but it's still so fundamentally unsatisfactory for me. The message seems to be filial piety is the most valuable characteristic in being a good person. For the sake of his parents' sensibilities, WDR divorced the woman he loved so much even though he then tried his best to get things to the point where his parents could accept DR. DR suffered through WDR's family because they were his family and she is a good daughter, and then when her father finally stepped in, she submitted to his will as well. This goodness and filial duty is then supposed to cause miraculous changes of heart to happen, regardless of how far-fetched that may be.

I think this message keeps being stressed because the bonds of filial piety are breaking down in SK even as the extended family gives way to the nuclear family or to singlehood, but it still makes for an unsatisfactory story. Anyway, it's finished.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Hope to see you all again on other threads. :)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I know this is the ending that I assumed would happen, but it's still so fundamentally unsatisfactory for me. The message seems to be filial piety is the most valuable characteristic in being a good person. For the sake of his parents' sensibilities, WDR divorced the woman he loved so much even though he then tried his best to get things to the point where his parents could accept DR. DR suffered through WDR's family because they were his family and she is a good daughter, and then when her father finally stepped in, she submitted to his will as well. This goodness and filial duty is then supposed to cause miraculous changes of heart to happen, regardless of how far-fetched that may be.

I think this message keeps being stressed because the bonds of filial piety are breaking down in SK even as the extended family gives way to the nuclear family or to singlehood, but it still makes for an unsatisfactory story. Anyway, it's finished.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Hope to see you all again on other threads. :)

lols ...oh well at least most get the ending the seems to be on the book?

• Like 4

well at least it's a beautiful ending though such a shame that DR not pregnant but at least she will able become a prosecutor since she on law school..

well i know some of us not satisfied with DY not getting punishment for her bad attitude.. but since it's a family drama and it's also about how DR has a big heart to forgive her rude and nasty lil sister in law i think it's well end with both of them to reconcile and DY change her attitude.

well it's a good journey with this drama and the ending is also good. hope you guys have a good day.

• Like 6

I would have liked DR to be with TP more than WDR.  I understand that this is a family drama and we will have a Kumbaya moment, but it was too much with DY and her MIL coming and asking her to stop WDR to leave the country.  Even though there was not much romance between TP and DR, I liked that he was more intune with DR and was there during the tough times even though WDR was also there and could not be because of their family, TP even got eggs thrown at him.  It was sad to see him having to let go of her and accept that she still has feelings for WDR.  

After going back, she became the nurse again for halmoni.  Really hated her tagging along in law school.  What kind of university allows anyone to come and sit in for class?  Gilmore Girls comes to mind.  But it was too much for me to watch all that nuisance.  

DY confiding in DR and DR becoming a protective sister in law in the last episode was something I did not expect.  I would have wanted DY to be reprimanded for all the havoc she created, instead her husband had to be reeled in.  He should not have started the affair in the first place but oh well.  

I saw that Mr and Mrs Kang were the best part of the show with the baby boy (forgot who gave us the spoilers earlier of a boy in blue clothes -  Thank you).  I was sad that DR did not have any kids or was not expecting with WDR being the oldest and all.  It was nice of Mr. Kang to start an orphanage and take care of the kids.  

I guess from the ending scenes, DR friend and TP might become an item.  

So the ending was more of a blah kind of feeling - I had already tuned off quite a few episodes ago when they were traumatizing DR.  Couldn't handle it any more and just read all the posts and got a gist of the episode.  So, today's episode was neither exhilarating or dejected just blah!

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

when DoRan rushes over to the police station with her dad to get the story straight on his innocent, i find it was display to the max and to the full....

dad was angry not only for himself for the shame that he had to went thru, it was also for the insult that his daughter had to went thru after all this while and how the society reacted to them.....not to mention that he was then a 'convicted murderer' in their eyes since the verdict is already finalize then....

and then Doran was angry.....even when the detective step forward to say what they can do.....however...all the compensation from the country itself wouldnt have been able to make up for the times lost.....the detectives knew this....however with it done and in the past i guess this is the best they were able to do for DoRan & Driver Kang

• Like 4

Despite any flaws for the ending, I'm quite satisfied with it. The ending is better than many weekends drama's ending I had watched before like My Golden Life or Wang Family. This ending quite nice although Daya and MIL didn't get punishment I expected to them.

Because of good chemistry between CSJ and JK, I think writer had decided to write their love story quite good for a middle age couple. No wonder they got Best Couple. Sometimes, I feel their hug is more intimate than DR and WDR. haha.

Actually, I expected a dramatic ending where maybe Grandma's pass away and finally Doran not nursing anybody anymore. I love Grandma's character but I don't want Grandma to be clingy to DR forever. 

Anyway, for me , it's a good show. And I love it.

Let me put some picture of DR's brother, Doyoon. SO cute.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sebsob said:

Can you recommend any dramas where the end the bad guys get their comeuppance?

@sebsob

There are two serials that, IMHO, have balanced developments and endings (the good leads make sure that the bad leads are made to improve their characters & behaviors in a lot of episodes).

[Disclaimer: Spoiler effect is not intended].:)

1) “Five Enough” (54 long episodes)
The main young good leads fell in love, challenged the male lead’s parent’s opposition, got married in the middle of the serial, and lived in a separate house. (This is quite new in these dramas). Being divorced with children, the new couple tried hard to sort out their problems. Firstly, they tried to share their loves among their bio and step children. Then, they managed to stop the male lead’ parents from interfering with their children’s raising. Meanwhile, the male lead’s mom and female lead’s grand mom kept on fighting with each other. However, over time, the elderly ladies learnt to tolerate each other. Over time, the young couple and the male lead’s parents made compromise. Along the serial, in a lot of episodes, the young couple, their parents, and their children grow in their characters and behaviors. The harmony that they found at the end did not come through 0.5-2 episodes, like in these dramas, but through hard effort in 30+ episodes, thus it was quite convincing.

2) “My Mother is a Daughter-in-Law” (136 short episodes)
The young female lead married the elder female lead’s son and got a child. Thus, the elder was her mother-in-law (MIL). However, the son died and she married the young male lead, in the middle of the serial. Meanwhile the elder lady married the elder male lead. This elder male was a nephew of the young male lead. Thus, the young lady’s former MIL now became her niece-in-law. The elder lady and elder man tried to sabotage the young couple’s business and relationship. They even managed to get them divorced. However, their conspiracy was revealed and the young couple got back their business and also reunited. Meanwhile, the elder couple got punished for their wrong doings. In a lot of episodes, the elder couple improved their characters and behavior. When their wickedness recurred, they were again punished, until eventually they became good people. Near the end, both ladies helped each other’s baby delivery. Throughout the episodes, they maintained their tupsy-turvy relationship.   
The harmony that they found at the end did not come through 0.5-2 episodes, like in these dramas, but through hard effort in 60+ episodes, thus it was quite convincing.
Unfortunately, this serial has no English subs, thus I have to comprehend it with the help of Soompi discussions. 

Note:

1) If you have watched them, we may compare notes.

2) If you also have recommendations, please inform me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I would have liked DR to be with TP more than WDR.  I understand that this is a family drama and we will have a Kumbaya moment, but it was too much with DY and her MIL coming and asking her to stop WDR to leave the country.  Even though there was not much romance between TP and DR, I liked that he was more intune with DR and was there during the tough times even though WDR was also there and could not be because of their family, TP even got eggs thrown at him.  It was sad to see him having to let go of her and accept that she still has feelings for WDR.  

After going back, she became the nurse again for halmoni.  Really hated her tagging along in law school.  What kind of university allows anyone to come and sit in for class?  Gilmore Girls comes to mind.  But it was too much for me to watch all that nuisance.  

DY confiding in DR and DR becoming a protective sister in law in the last episode was something I did not expect.  I would have wanted DY to be reprimanded for all the havoc she created, instead her husband had to be reeled in.  He should not have started the affair in the first place but oh well.  

I saw that Mr and Mrs Kang were the best part of the show with the baby boy (forgot who gave us the spoilers earlier of a boy in blue clothes -  Thank you).  I was sad that DR did not have any kids or was not expecting with WDR being the oldest and all.  It was nice of Mr. Kang to start an orphanage and take care of the kids.  

I guess from the ending scenes, DR friend and TP might become an item.  

So the ending was more of a blah kind of feeling - I had already tuned off quite a few episodes ago when they were traumatizing DR.  Couldn't handle it any more and just read all the posts and got a gist of the episode.  So, today's episode was neither exhilarating or dejected just blah!

i think it's not too much for DY and MIL to asking DR help to stop WDR.. since they realize their mistake and their horrible attitude toward DR.. because this is a family drama i think it's teach us to forgive ur family member no matter how bad they treat u..

also DY and MIL is sincerely apologize to DR and DY also admit her jealousy toward DR.. it's a good thing even though we all know that how nasty her attitude.. but everyone deserve a forgiveness especially if they are family.

as for the grandmother i think it's okay for the grandma to clingy to DR since DR also loves her grandma in law and also grandma has a condition for that.. 

and i still disagree for TP with DR ending.. because DR and WDR broke up and divorce because of their family condition.. TP might be there to console and be with her DR in her worst moment and sad moment but WDR also trying in his side to cleared mr.Kang name from being a convict murderer so DR will not be labeled as Daughter of murderer.

so to me it's a good ending.. though what a shame is DR not pregnant.. but i also found it funny if DR pregnant with her little brother only in his 2 or 3 years old and already becoming uncle.. hahaha...

• Like 4