Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Maybe it means kang is her only relative. I agree he is the main lead

In the preview why did Doran tell her father to quit? Does she mean he is tired and will have to die?

No she was saying since he can't seem to escape his past and has no peace, Since he is now in a coma he can leave (die) and be at peace.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Doloris B said:

No she was saying since he can't seem to escape his past and has no peace, Since he is now in a coma he can leave (die) and be at peace.

So what I am guessing is that, even after (if HJ is the one that is pregnant), DY’s family only accepted Kang as family bc of liver donation, but not as a father to HJ’s child, right?  Bc HS, not much her, but DY would never accept that, right?  That’s probably why HJ is going to have hard time telling her family, poor them.  I think HS deserves forgiveness, don’t you’ll think?  I hope won’t go too hard on HJ considering her age and the fact that she can still have a child, haha!! What I really hope is, by the time Kang wakes up, he will two good news, one, he will have a chance of raising his child and 2, that he is not a criminal!!!  Writer, make my wish come true!!! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

So what I am guessing is that, even after (if HJ is the one that is pregnant), DY’s family only accepted Kang as family bc of liver donation, but not as a father to HJ’s child, right?  Bc HS, not much her, but DY would never accept that, right?  That’s probably why HJ is going to have hard time telling her family, poor them.  I think HS deserves forgiveness, don’t you’ll think?  I hope won’t go too hard on HJ considering her age and the fact that she can still have a child, haha!! What I really hope is, by the time Kang wakes up, he will two good news, one, he will have a chance of raising his child and 2, that he is not a criminal!!!  Writer, make my wish come true!!! 

From the way HS treated Mr. Kang (and the way she looked at him) after he agreed to donate his liver, I think she is starting to accept him, or at least no longer treat him with hate and contempt like she used to. In the preview HS looks concerned after seeing the ultrasound, so I guess it is HJ who's pregnant. HS might be starting to accept Kang as a person but it'll probably take her some more time to accept him as family. DY, on the other hand, is still a fouled-mouth brat who has absolutely zero respect for anyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doloris B said:

I feel her pain. They both never had peace. :confounded:

Anyone else seeing how destroyed and broken she has become? I mean the girl has no breath of air in her. Just look at her mouth when her ex-MIL tossed that envelope at her. I can't, I just can't. 

• Like 2

pffff......EY need to be knock together with DY :/ 

besides it too late into the games for YR to have an affair unless he already had one hidden away :x

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, smhelen said:

I feel her pain. They both never had peace. :confounded:

Anyone else seeing how destroyed and broken she has become? I mean the girl has no breath of air in her. Just look at her mouth when her ex-MIL tossed that envelope at her. I can't, I just can't. 

I do she doesn't feel like living anymore herself. He is her one and only blood. She did have a stepdad but it's not the same, She just met him after so many years, it's like her heart is being ripped out of her chest. That MIL  has no shame never has , hopefully she will get what's coming to her .

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

The characters that pains me the most is DR/WDR couple, Kang/HJ couple and GR.  DR doesn’t deserve all the bad treatment that she’s been getting.  First of all, she has nothing to do with Kang committing a crime and she shouldn’t have to feel bad about the things that her dad did like 30 years ago.  I hate all the people that looks down on her and mistreats her just because of social status. I feel like the writer could’ve made DR a little more of stronger character what I mean is, she could’ve told her in-laws that, my dad has payed for his crime and he is no longer a criminal, something like that.  I feel like I wouldn’t be able to have her as part of my family member, she is too weak, and I am not saying this in a bad way, is just how the writer wrote her character like that.  

Now, I can understand why Kang is not standing up for himself, because no matter if he payed for the price or not, he still made a family lose a family member.  And the guilt of the fact that HS had to live all her life without a husband, is a lot of burden on him!  I don’t know about you’ll, but I thought the writer wrote SI’s character really well!  He really deeply cares for those people that’s around him.  And that’s why I think Korean society should have different views on criminals.  If a person accepts them, not as criminal but as a regular human beings, most likely they won’t make the same mistakes.  Now, the writer did write Choi Su Jung’s character in a way the audience would feel so sympathetic for him that we almost forget that his the reason the whole accident started.  Again, not saying negative things, but simply stating the facts. 

Lastly, I do want to touch a little bit on HJ’s character.  Being the fact that she has lived in the US for quite some time (more than ten years), her views on Korean society is so much different than her sister or the rest of Wang’s family.  Yes, we can probably say that she is madly in love with Kang, but I feel like it also has to do with her background knowledge in western cultures.  For example, when they mistake GR as being a gay person, she didn’t see anything wrong with that, only because in the US you see those all around.  Another example, when HS had explicitly told her what kind of person Kang is, that is more like, the type of job that he had and started to immediately judge him, implying that he is after her money.  HJ, instead of judging him from the outside, she really looked at Kang as a human being.  Now, I am not saying Americans don’t judge, we do, but I don’t think we look at people’s social status.  HJ is the kind of woman that we will probably never see in Korean society. Well, perhaps in the near future?  Implying that, even after finding out he is criminal, not only that, the fact that he killed her brother-in-law (now not), she still choose to stand next to him.  While the rest of the people look at him as a criminal, she looks at him as a kind-hearted person.  Just that alone, HJ’s character really fits the title!  And the reason why HJ is very a pitiful character is that the writer literally gives this couple one episode of happiness and five episodes of tears. It really made me curious, had HJ know Kang was a criminal right from the get-go, would’ve she still be next to him?  That’s all!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, roli said:

I think we are all hoping for this. To DY to suffer...yes sweet vengance, her caracter is the most anoying of all. She really is a mean person. Do not care for others only of herself. Well this if happen would be the best to happ3nd to her. She could really learn from it. And I also do not like him...I mean he is the young brother of that house and so far he has donne nothing to stop his wife or to help his brother, grandma or anyone. He just wants to be a chef at his restaurant that is all. He is also not a mature person. 

I actually like YR.  Yes, he was an immature player in the beginning, but I think his character has come a long way.  I actually feel sorry for him to be married to YR.

He has done nothing to help his brother: I don't think there is much he can do.  Until it's revealed that Kang was not the one to kill DY's dad, there is nothing that anyone can do for the situation.  But I also disagree that he hasn't done anything.  He sticks up for DR in his own way, he was always respectful of DR, he tells his mom to back off WDR when he gets drunk, he tells his mom to leave his brother alone.  In his own way, he is trying to help.

He has done nothing to stop his wife: He hasn't done enough, but they are still early in their marriage and that one time that the Brat got really out of control (over HJ and Kang dating), he did try to stop her.  He also tried to control her in little ways earlier, like making her attend her brother's wedding (even though she walked out), and other things here and there.  Plus, there's a LOT that the Brat does that YR doesn't know about.

He hasn't done anything to help his Grandma: I think he tried early on.  While his mom and the Brat were running away, he tried to stay and be with Grandma.  His argument was that he needed to stick around and build a relationship with Alzheimer's Grandma and not just run away during each episode.  His mom made him leave, and he really hasn't tried since, but I think that also has to do with the fact that he's married to the Brat and Alzheimer's Grandma knows that.

He just wants to be a chef at his restaurant.  Well, what's wrong with that?  It's not like he wants to be a drug trafficker (sorry, been watching too much Narcos), or a club owner, or a player living off his parents money.  He was not the firstborn and he wanted to be a chef.  So that's what he did.  He never lied about that, and it's the Brat's fault that she wants him to be something he's not. Being a chef is his chosen career and he works hard and diligently at it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the Brat will ever get her comeuppance.  The best we can hope for is that Grandma will pull all of her hair out.  These K-dramas (especially these family-oriented ones and the makjang ones with the really nasty characters) always end in a kumbaya moment.  The bad characters suddenly realize that they were wrong and the good ones all instantly forgive them.  It's sooooo unsatisfying and the one real complaint that I have.  The final episode will show the Brat laughing and getting along with DR and even Kang and MR.  The only question is whether or not Alzheimer's Grandma will ever forgive her.

• Like 4

If you want to watch the clips from the cast on Happy Together 4, you can go here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2BLEVqgZxUwLec5GS6fSR6vETJuF_27

Two articles that Soompi posted on last night's episode of Happy Together 4 with the cast:

Uee And Na Hye Mi Dance To After School And Chungha Songs To Fulfill Ratings Promise

5a905dc3be70482f98b71c01d3ebd0cf.jpeg?s=

Uee and Na Hye Mi showed off their moves on KBS 2TV’s “Happy Together”!

On the March 7 episode, the “My Only One” co-stars appeared as guests on the variety show.

During their previous appearance, Na Hye Mi and Uee had made a promise that they would dance to After School’s “Diva” if their drama surpassed viewership ratings of 35 percent. The drama set a new personal record of 46.2 percent during its March 3 episode, and Uee and Na Hye Mi danced to After School’s “Diva” and Chungha’s “Gotta Go” to fulfill their promise.

After receiving cheers and applause for their dance covers, Uee said, “I found out that Na Hye Mi was learning dance as a hobby. I felt really nervous when it became time to fulfill the ratings promise. I even practiced during meal times while filming.”

Check out Uee and Na Hye Mi’s cover below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSWO8ARuWI

Source

Na Hye Mi Reveals Her Husband Eric’s Reactions To Her Romantic Scenes On Screen

8c316a271a1347b5b13d4eb6b785a2a3.jpeg?s=

Na Hye Mi shared Shinhwa member Eric’s reactions to her romantic scenes in dramas.

On the March 7 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Happy Together,” the cast of “My Only One,” including Jung Jae Sun, Im Ye Jin, Cha Hwa Yun, Lee Hye Sook, Uee, Na Hye Mi, and Park Sung Hoon, appeared as guests.

When asked about her husband Eric’s reactions to her romantic scene with Park Sung Hoon, Na Hye Mi replied, “He’s pretty understanding since we have the same job, and we occasionally watch our dramas together.”

She continued, “I was watching an episode with him, and there was the scene where I kissed Go Rae (played by Park Sung Hoon). While watching, he paused it and said, ‘I’m only going to watch it to here.’ When we’re watching it in real time, he can’t pause it and he has to watch with me. When that’s the case, he quietly says afterward, ‘You little punk.'”

MC Yoo Jae Suk commented, “I feel like it’d be upsetting if he didn’t get jealous,” and the actress replied, “I think I would be if he didn’t say anything.” About Eric’s romantic scenes, Na Hye Mi said, “I think his thoughts are important, if it’s a good drama that he really wants to do. But, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch one of his intimate scenes with him.”

Source

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I actually like YR.  Yes, he was an immature player in the beginning, but I think his character has come a long way.  I actually feel sorry for him to be married to YR.

He has done nothing to help his brother: I don't think there is much he can do.  Until it's revealed that Kang was not the one to kill DY's dad, there is nothing that anyone can do for the situation.  But I also disagree that he hasn't done anything.  He sticks up for DR in his own way, he was always respectful of DR, he tells his mom to back off WDR when he gets drunk, he tells his mom to leave his brother alone.  In his own way, he is trying to help.

He has done nothing to stop his wife: He hasn't done enough, but they are still early in their marriage and that one time that the Brat got really out of control (over HJ and Kang dating), he did try to stop her.  He also tried to control her in little ways earlier, like making her attend her brother's wedding (even though she walked out), and other things here and there.  Plus, there's a LOT that the Brat does that YR doesn't know about.

He hasn't done anything to help his Grandma: I think he tried early on.  While his mom and the Brat were running away, he tried to stay and be with Grandma.  His argument was that he needed to stick around and build a relationship with Alzheimer's Grandma and not just run away during each episode.  His mom made him leave, and he really hasn't tried since, but I think that also has to do with the fact that he's married to the Brat and Alzheimer's Grandma knows that.

He just wants to be a chef at his restaurant.  Well, what's wrong with that?  It's not like he wants to be a drug trafficker (sorry, been watching too much Narcos), or a club owner, or a player living off his parents money.  He was not the firstborn and he wanted to be a chef.  So that's what he did.  He never lied about that, and it's the Brat's fault that she wants him to be something he's not. Being a chef is his chosen career and he works hard and diligently at it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the Brat will ever get her comeuppance.  The best we can hope for is that Grandma will pull all of her hair out.  These K-dramas (especially these family-oriented ones and the makjang ones with the really nasty characters) always end in a kumbaya moment.  The bad characters suddenly realize that they were wrong and the good ones all instantly forgive them.  It's sooooo unsatisfying and the one real complaint that I have.  The final episode will show the Brat laughing and getting along with DR and even Kang and MR.  The only question is whether or not Alzheimer's Grandma will ever forgive her.

I was thinking maybe someone paid the loan shark to lie, maybe the DY uncle?.

Edited by Doloris B

54 minutes ago, Doloris B said:

I was thinking maybe someone paid the loan shark to lie, maybe the DY uncle?

Why do you think that? The only connection I have with that uncle is that actor usually portrays evil characters. Or is he related to the ex-sister in law the mother visited asking for her son's liver? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smhelen said:

Why do you think that? The only connection I have with that uncle is that actor usually portrays evil characters. Or is he related to the ex-sister in law the mother visited asking for her son's liver? 

Yes 

• Like 1

Don't think anyone paid of the loan shark. Why would they need to? It just straight up self preservation and opportunistic revenge. He didn't fancy prison and was pissed at Kang for daring to steal from him plus injuring him. He just killed two birds with one stone.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smhelen said:

The uncle that came from the U.S. to visit (and the same one that originally attended the criminal trial) is the older brother of DY's dad.  The ex-sister in law that the mother visited was the wife of DY's dad younger brother.  So they cannot be the same people.  We know this because they refer to the first uncle as "older father" which is the term used for your father's older brother.  When the mother went to visit her ex-SIL, she called her "dong-suh" which refers to the any wives of your husband's younger brothers.  The mothers are ex-SILs because it seems that both of their husbands passed away, and the younger brother's wife has re-married.

• Thanks 1

This is not related to drama or anything, but has to do with Jin Kyung!  I have already posted this once and I want to post it again!  Jin Kyung has movie that’s coming out on March 27, that called, Sun-kissed Family.  The character is not that off from HJ, so it will be a really treat to watch her cute character again!! But most importantly, she promise in one of her interviews that if there are more than 3 million (3만명) people who watch the movie then she will singing a song at the studio.  Don’t really know which studio she is referring to, haha.  But let’s all surpass that number so we can watch her singing, haha!!! 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed watching and following the discussion of this drama on this forum.  I have enjoyed the premise of this drama and enjoyed the dynamics between the characters especially DR/ Mr Kang,  DR/WDR,  DR/grandma Mr Kang/HJ and MR/GR. However now that we coming to the end of this drama there are some things  that have frustrated me.  The biggest one is how the main female has been treated as a punching bag for the nearly the entire drama.   She is written as a person who is strong, intelligent loyal considerate of other and compassionate .Yet for  all those great qualities this drama allows DY, ES her stepmother to abuse her verbally, physically and emotionally without her able to fight back.   The lack on consideration or understanding towards DR especially after Mr Kang agreed to donate his liver  and now on his death bed is annoying. DR is clearly struggling with everything that is happening yet she seem very alone. In the next episode  I hope  that going through this latest struggle that something snaps in DR and that she speaks up against the rudeness and  lack of respect  which DY and ES  appear to be doing in the preview.   Just because you are a good person does not mean you can  not get angry and stand up for your self and  your family.  

• Like 2

Preview 101-102

Loan shark's son dies & Dae Ryeok paid for the funeral expenses, I hope that he will turn himself in

Finally Mr Kang reprimand the Wangs for being nasty to his daughter

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview 101-102

Loan shark's son dies & Dae Ryeok paid for the funeral expenses, I hope that he will turn himself in

Finally Mr Kang reprimand the Wangs for being nasty to his daughter

That horrible ex MIL slapped our girl. How dare she?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

@smhelen

"That horrible ex MIL slapped our girl. How dare she?"

At that moment....Mr Kang woke up from his coma & have the strength to "scold" the Wangs

• LOL 3
  • Thanks 1