Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

The actress who plays Daya is really good in her role. She looked so traumatised by Granny Kang's outburst. Somehow Daya is not my least likable character. Daya's mother is probably my least likable character. She couldn't shake off her past villain portrayals as some chaebol's President's wife. Seeing her in this drama makes me believe she is gonna be unreasonable and the source of lots of crying and heartaches later in the drama.

Anyway, Granny should have an outburst every weekend to entertain us with Tom and Jerries chases. It's the only scene which I could do without subtitles and LOL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I’m falling for this drama now that the story is progressing more. I think the OTP are decent people and I’m cheering them on. I’m also beginning to like Go Rae and Mi Ran’s budding friendship particularly because she thinks he’s a bum. I think it would be great if this motivates Mi Ran to work for what she wants rather than finding out he owns his own dental practice and he’s a good catch. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m actually beginning to like Do Ran’s stepmother a little. She still has a long way to go but she’s finally begun to work to own her keep and she’s treating Do Ran relatively better. I felt touched when Do Ran bought her a gift with some of her prize money and gave Mi Ran transportation money. I hope they continue to improve and grow. Do Ran actually bought so many people gifts with that prize money including the grandma who knows her true identity. 

Chauffeur Kang is giving himself away big time. I think Dae Ryook is getting suspicious because of all the things he witnessed and heard about that Kang did for Do Ran. Someone commented on here before about who will find out Do Ran’s identity first and I think it will be Dae Ryook or her stepmom. Anyway, I understand Kang’s rejection of Dae Ryook also in light of what he witnessed with Da Ya. More than ever he thinks that Do Ran should not date outside her status. He basically encouraged Do Ran again to consider her place which she agreed she did and won’t give in.

Gold digger Da Ya has decided not to move out when her mother told her she asked Eun Young to let them move out. She said she’s not moving out because she will become the Lady of Bom and Food. She then proceeded to rush home to appease FIL. He asks her to apologize to Do Ran which she does in a brief rude countenance later that day. Really, it wasn’t an apology but Do Ran agrees to tell her FIL she apologized to her. 

I can’t stand Da Ya and her mother-in-law Eun Young. Eun Young is an airhead. I’m convinced. She also has no class as lady of the house. Madam Park has a lot more class when she’s in her right mind. Eun Young scolded Mr. Kang today for interfering in matters in the house. She basically echoed what Da Ya said when Mr. Kang stood up for Do Ran. Dae Ryook heard the tail end of the conversation and basically told his mother Mr. Kang wasn’t wrong and told her grandma’s saying about treating people well. It’s obvious that who he is today is probably from grandma’s tutelage. 

Eun Young gave her bratty DIL grandma’s necklace without her consent. She said she gave it to her as a peace offering for her having to apologize to a nobody like Do Ran. She actually says that she know Da Ya’s pride wouldn’t be hurt by apologizing to Do Ran because only someone of her own class can hurt her pride. (I really can’t stand this woman either) She also said she was saving the necklace for Dae Ryook’s wife but since he won’t get married anytime soon she’s giving it to Da Ya. To her momentary credit, even gold digger Da Ya objected at first because I guess she felt it wasn’t right. Airhead MIL discouraged any objections saying it would be hers anyway. Later Gold digger shows the necklace to Yi Ryook who says it isn’t right that his mother gave it to her without grandma’s consent even if grandma forgot she gave it away to Myung Hee. Of course he doesn’t pursue the matter with any lasting conviction.

Grandma got back her necklace later in the episode during one of her dementia fits and I’m so glad that Chairman Wang found out that his no good wife took his mother’s diamond necklace (which cost just as much as a house) and gave it to Da Ya without grandma’s consent. 

Near the end of the episode gold digger calls her mother crying after grandma scared her into giving her back her necklace and insist that her mother find a professional care giver for grandma so that Do Ran wouldn’t have to come to their house. It looks like it happens too because the preview shows a professional nurse being ushered into the yard, I guess to be introduced to the family. I can’t wait for Do Ran to not have to show up because of gold digger’s brilliant idea. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The question was raised earlier but Whomever the oldest son marries is the Lady of the house and the company  so why is the Whining Brat  so sure she has it on the bag? The sub plot has been getting DR married off to a “suitable” woman after all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

The question was raised earlier but Whomever the oldest son marries is the Lady of the house and the company  so why is the Whining Brat  so sure she has it on the bag? The sub plot has been getting DR married off to a “suitable” woman after all.

I don’t understand her fantasy either. It’s becoming increasingly clearer that Chairman Wang and Dae Ryook are more like the grandmother. Not only in values but most probably in the vision for the company. I’m not sure why Da Ya thinks she will become the Lady of Bom and Food when Dae Ryook’s wife would take preference and most probably have more class than her. I’m sure Bom and Food have a reputation for treating their employees well and not disgracing them like Da Ya. Everything I’ve heard about the culture that grandma nurtured at the company and in her home is devoid of supercilious behavior towards her staff. Da Ya can only disgrace Bom and Food and everything it stands for with her poor attitude and pretensions to class.

• Like 7

So everytime that things don't go to Daya's way, she's running crying home or calling her mother to complain and asking her mother to solve her so called problems. And honestly Daya going out to lunch with her friends to only to show her new really expensive necklace which it isn't really her. So wrong. 

Daya's aunt scenes are really funny but the OMG scenes are alreayby going overboard. I understand the she lived in states but still..

OTP scenes were really nice. 

Doran father. I really like him but I see why Dae ryook finds him suspicions He really acts like he's Doran father(which he is but nobody no's it).

grandma's scene's are still the best for me. although i hate the dementia because I have personal experiece of it.

• Like 5

@joccu, yes Da Ya runs to mommy every time the world inside the Wang house doesn’t bend to her will and fantasies. At first I was glad that she was sabotaging herself when she took it upon herself to get her mother to engage a professional caregiver to take care of grandma but then I realize that her airhead MIL would probably cover for her by telling her husband it was her idea. Still, I can’t wait to see how this turns out because the preview show her mother marching into the Wang garden with a lady that looks like a caregiver. I guess Da Ya runs the Wang household without the knowledge of the owners. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Judging by his look when she was crowing over the necklace  You could tell YR was over or at least is getting over her greedy shallow  ways and realizing maybe just maybe she did not marry him for the right reasons.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Judging by his look when she was crowing over the necklace  You could tell YR was over or at least is getting over her greedy shallow  ways and realizing maybe just maybe she did not marry him for the right reasons.  

I don’t think Yi Ryook thought his wife was being superficial and greedy. By the end of the scene he was laughing with her as she modeled the necklace. Perhaps he thinks she was simply charmed by the overwhelming beauty of the necklace. I wish he would realize the truth though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t understand her fantasy either. It’s becoming increasingly clearer that Chairman Wang and Dae Ryook are more like the grandmother. Not only in values but most probably in the vision for the company. I’m not sure why Da Ya thinks she will become the Lady of Bom and Food when Dae Ryook’s wife would take preference and most probably have more class than her. I’m sure Bom and Food have a reputation for treating their employees well and not disgracing them like Da Ya. Everything I’ve heard about the culture that grandma nurtured at the company and in her home is devoid of supercilious behavior towards her staff. Da Ya can only disgrace Bom and Food and everything it stands for with her poor attitude and pretensions to class.

Daya is dreaming,.... she can't get her hubbie to get off the bed and goes to work as a whatever/whoever at the company. How can she be the lady of Bom and Food? She is as shallow as her MIL.

I am worry about the photo album Do Ran's aboji is keeping in his bedroom. This is a ticking bom waiting to explode. It's just waiting for whoever to pull the trigger.....

• Like 6

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

EXACTLY! When she was telling Do Ran about being above her station, I say willing Do Ran to enlighten the cow by say I thought DR wife would be the lady of the house since he's the eldest and in line to take over Bom food. Then walk off let stew in her on poop.

Really dislike DYs mum too. She raised a spoil brat and instead of correcting her  she feeding and encouraging it. The brother seems completely different to these two.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NitaA said:

Daya is dreaming,.... she can't get her hubbie to get off the bed and goes to work as a whatever/whoever at the company. How can she be the lady of Bom and Food? She is as shallow as her MIL.

I am worry about the photo album Do Ran's aboji is keeping in his bedroom. This is a ticking bom waiting to explode. It's just waiting for whoever to pull the trigger.....

I’m worried that when it comes out that chauffeur Kang is Do Ran’s father and he’s responsible for the death of brat girl’s father that Do Ran will feel responsible as well and feel always sorry towards brat girl. I can’t stand seeing Do Ran treated as if she’s inferior to brat girl and I would much rather Do Ran not go through that again. I want to see her cherished.

@RobinM, perhaps YR will later be developed to challenge DR in head of Bom and Food.

• Like 5

@jimha @mysteryoflife I believe Park Han Na will appear again, we only at around a quarter of 100 episodes. I’m not big fans of her (but my son like her) but I have to admit she is a hardworking actress and quite good playing evil character, which very tiring. Me and my sisters always wonder how those actress can continue acting, all the screaming, scheming, fake tears, our respect for them. If any of you watch telenovelas, there are few characters there in the 90s that keep screaming too:lol:. Too bad weekend drama normally no such hysterical scenes. 

Back to our drama, Mrs Wang made big mistake, I can’t stop thinking about her taking grandma’s necklace, it’s theft, it’s not hers. I hope in future the writer stop portrayed a perfect daughter in-law requirements : beautiful, from same status, elegant in some nasty way (somehow they thought it’s what elegant is),  regardless their brain, education and heart. I/We have been seeing these since early 2000s, WRITER-NIM please read my message, time to change! Stop showing how shallow Korean family to whole world. 20 over years are enough. 

I’m looking forward to see Do Ran back to school and get her Law Degree, and practicing law. A prosecutor will be the best. I thinking the person DY’s mother bring to Wang’s family will be DR’s impersonator. She wearing brown color cardigan/jacket with same body build as DR. :D forgive me, but for this once I’d like to see grandma teaching all of them a good lesson, how dare they trying to make her “Myeong Hee” disappear again.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@oktatwork, I would love to see Do Ran fulfill her dream of becoming a prosecutor but I have little hope for that. It hasn’t been brought up again and now she’s working full time without any hint of law school. Maybe if she finds out about her dad that would inspire her to study law again.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

chauffeur Kang is Do Ran’s father and he’s responsible for the death of brat girl’s father

I am not sure he is the killer. I think he is covering up for someone. But I could have had too much soju (LOL I don't drink) Anyway, I am hoping he ends up being set up and not really the killer.

@celebrianna: "I would love to see Do Ran fulfill her dream of becoming a prosecutor but I have little hope for that. It hasn’t been brought up again and now she’s working full time without any hint of law school. Maybe if she finds out about her dad that would inspire her to study law again."

I hope she investigates the real killer if my Soju theory is correct. 

Edited by smhelen
I wanted to add a comment but had no idea how to add a quote.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, smhelen said:

I am not sure he is the killer. I think he is covering up for someone. But I could have had too much soju (LOL I don't drink) Anyway, I am hoping he ends up being set up and not really the killer.

:lol: I hear you. I wish he wasn’t the one who killed her father but a flashback he had in episode 2 or 3 show that he killed him. Only unless it’s another man he killed and it’s not her father. That would be much better. Anyway, after he had the flashback he was going to drown himself in a lake and the Catholic priest saved him and encouraged to live. It’s of course an accident that he killed a man but I suppose society will judge him until the day he dies.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

The actress who plays Daya is really good in her role. She looked so traumatised by Granny Kang's outburst. Somehow Daya is not my least likable character. Daya's mother is probably my least likable character. She couldn't shake off her past villain portrayals as some chaebol's President's wife. Seeing her in this drama makes me believe she is gonna be unreasonable and the source of lots of crying and heartaches later in the drama.

Anyway, Granny should have an outburst every weekend to entertain us with Tom and Jerries chases. It's the only scene which I could do without subtitles and LOL.

unlike you, I dislike Daya very much. She is jealous of Doran. But I agree with you that Daya's mother seems evil, I predict that once she discovers her son loves the poor girl Doran, she will start causing trouble. She considers Doran just a caregiver to the grannie. Also when Daya discovers the reality about Doran's father, she will start causing trouble too :( 

Actually, although Doran's stepmom is very mean, but I wonder why she was worried when Doran was late to come home. Also she has her eyes on Mr. Kang

Now after watching several long dramas, I find myself disinterested in the OTP. Really here all I care about is Doran's relationship with her father. It is really interesting to watch their expressions. I like the father's love and care for his daughter. Also Doran already likes him very much. 

@smhelen I really doubted the same about Mr. Kang killing someone. Because we don't see him stabbing the man. The only thing he did was pushing the first man who fell on the glass, which was unintentional. 

Edited by nohamahamoud2002
addition
  • Like 9

Mr. Kang did not intentionally kill the man but the knife he had in his hand stabbed the man’s chest. Furthermore, he did steal the money. I don’t think there is any way to get around this except if there was something missing from the scene that was not revealed as yet. However, even during his conversations with Dong Cheol Mr. Kang never denied killing the man. He only looked ashamed. He also lives like someone who killed a man rather than someone who was jailed for something he didn’t do. So I think he did accidentally kill the man. 

Honestly, I don’t know why the writer chose this premise for the story because I really think it’s too much to have the children of those involved in the incident caught up in relationships with each other. I dread seeing the ugliness that is no doubt coming when the truth is exposed. If it was a Western show I wouldn’t worry as much because most people in the Western world know that every man should bear his own sin. There is no use blaming an innocent child for something his/her parent did. In Asian shows though, this is a huge obstacle because children are associated with the sins of their parents/family and I think people will look down on Do Ran once the truth comes to light. Then there is Hong Sil’s sister who is pursuing Mr. Kang not knowing her brother-in-law died because of him. I think the writer is pushing it with all these connections which seems almost perverse.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1