[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Judging by his look when she was crowing over the necklace  You could tell YR was over or at least is getting over her greedy shallow  ways and realizing maybe just maybe she did not marry him for the right reasons.  

I don’t think Yi Ryook thought his wife was being superficial and greedy. By the end of the scene he was laughing with her as she modeled the necklace. Perhaps he thinks she was simply charmed by the overwhelming beauty of the necklace. I wish he would realize the truth though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t understand her fantasy either. It’s becoming increasingly clearer that Chairman Wang and Dae Ryook are more like the grandmother. Not only in values but most probably in the vision for the company. I’m not sure why Da Ya thinks she will become the Lady of Bom and Food when Dae Ryook’s wife would take preference and most probably have more class than her. I’m sure Bom and Food have a reputation for treating their employees well and not disgracing them like Da Ya. Everything I’ve heard about the culture that grandma nurtured at the company and in her home is devoid of supercilious behavior towards her staff. Da Ya can only disgrace Bom and Food and everything it stands for with her poor attitude and pretensions to class.

Daya is dreaming,.... she can't get her hubbie to get off the bed and goes to work as a whatever/whoever at the company. How can she be the lady of Bom and Food? She is as shallow as her MIL.

I am worry about the photo album Do Ran's aboji is keeping in his bedroom. This is a ticking bom waiting to explode. It's just waiting for whoever to pull the trigger.....

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

The question was raised earlier but Whomever the oldest son marries is the Lady of the house and the company  so why is the Whining Brat  so sure she has it on the bag? The sub plot has been getting DR married off to a “suitable” woman after all.

EXACTLY! When she was telling Do Ran about being above her station, I say willing Do Ran to enlighten the cow by say I thought DR wife would be the lady of the house since he's the eldest and in line to take over Bom food. Then walk off let stew in her on poop.

Really dislike DYs mum too. She raised a spoil brat and instead of correcting her  she feeding and encouraging it. The brother seems completely different to these two.

5 hours ago, NitaA said:

Daya is dreaming,.... she can't get her hubbie to get off the bed and goes to work as a whatever/whoever at the company. How can she be the lady of Bom and Food? She is as shallow as her MIL.

I am worry about the photo album Do Ran's aboji is keeping in his bedroom. This is a ticking bom waiting to explode. It's just waiting for whoever to pull the trigger.....

I’m worried that when it comes out that chauffeur Kang is Do Ran’s father and he’s responsible for the death of brat girl’s father that Do Ran will feel responsible as well and feel always sorry towards brat girl. I can’t stand seeing Do Ran treated as if she’s inferior to brat girl and I would much rather Do Ran not go through that again. I want to see her cherished.

@RobinM, perhaps YR will later be developed to challenge DR in head of Bom and Food.

@jimha @mysteryoflife I believe Park Han Na will appear again, we only at around a quarter of 100 episodes. I’m not big fans of her (but my son like her) but I have to admit she is a hardworking actress and quite good playing evil character, which very tiring. Me and my sisters always wonder how those actress can continue acting, all the screaming, scheming, fake tears, our respect for them. If any of you watch telenovelas, there are few characters there in the 90s that keep screaming too:lol:. Too bad weekend drama normally no such hysterical scenes. 

Back to our drama, Mrs Wang made big mistake, I can’t stop thinking about her taking grandma’s necklace, it’s theft, it’s not hers. I hope in future the writer stop portrayed a perfect daughter in-law requirements : beautiful, from same status, elegant in some nasty way (somehow they thought it’s what elegant is),  regardless their brain, education and heart. I/We have been seeing these since early 2000s, WRITER-NIM please read my message, time to change! Stop showing how shallow Korean family to whole world. 20 over years are enough. 

I’m looking forward to see Do Ran back to school and get her Law Degree, and practicing law. A prosecutor will be the best. I thinking the person DY’s mother bring to Wang’s family will be DR’s impersonator. She wearing brown color cardigan/jacket with same body build as DR. :D forgive me, but for this once I’d like to see grandma teaching all of them a good lesson, how dare they trying to make her “Myeong Hee” disappear again.

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

chauffeur Kang is Do Ran’s father and he’s responsible for the death of brat girl’s father

I am not sure he is the killer. I think he is covering up for someone. But I could have had too much soju (LOL I don't drink) Anyway, I am hoping he ends up being set up and not really the killer.

@celebrianna: "I would love to see Do Ran fulfill her dream of becoming a prosecutor but I have little hope for that. It hasn’t been brought up again and now she’s working full time without any hint of law school. Maybe if she finds out about her dad that would inspire her to study law again."

I hope she investigates the real killer if my Soju theory is correct. 

1 minute ago, smhelen said:

I am not sure he is the killer. I think he is covering up for someone. But I could have had too much soju (LOL I don't drink) Anyway, I am hoping he ends up being set up and not really the killer.

:lol: I hear you. I wish he wasn’t the one who killed her father but a flashback he had in episode 2 or 3 show that he killed him. Only unless it’s another man he killed and it’s not her father. That would be much better. Anyway, after he had the flashback he was going to drown himself in a lake and the Catholic priest saved him and encouraged to live. It’s of course an accident that he killed a man but I suppose society will judge him until the day he dies.

On 10/28/2018 at 7:59 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

The actress who plays Daya is really good in her role. She looked so traumatised by Granny Kang's outburst. Somehow Daya is not my least likable character. Daya's mother is probably my least likable character. She couldn't shake off her past villain portrayals as some chaebol's President's wife. Seeing her in this drama makes me believe she is gonna be unreasonable and the source of lots of crying and heartaches later in the drama.

Anyway, Granny should have an outburst every weekend to entertain us with Tom and Jerries chases. It's the only scene which I could do without subtitles and LOL.

unlike you, I dislike Daya very much. She is jealous of Doran. But I agree with you that Daya's mother seems evil, I predict that once she discovers her son loves the poor girl Doran, she will start causing trouble. She considers Doran just a caregiver to the grannie. Also when Daya discovers the reality about Doran's father, she will start causing trouble too :( 

Actually, although Doran's stepmom is very mean, but I wonder why she was worried when Doran was late to come home. Also she has her eyes on Mr. Kang

Now after watching several long dramas, I find myself disinterested in the OTP. Really here all I care about is Doran's relationship with her father. It is really interesting to watch their expressions. I like the father's love and care for his daughter. Also Doran already likes him very much. 

@smhelen I really doubted the same about Mr. Kang killing someone. Because we don't see him stabbing the man. The only thing he did was pushing the first man who fell on the glass, which was unintentional. 

Mr. Kang did not intentionally kill the man but the knife he had in his hand stabbed the man’s chest. Furthermore, he did steal the money. I don’t think there is any way to get around this except if there was something missing from the scene that was not revealed as yet. However, even during his conversations with Dong Cheol Mr. Kang never denied killing the man. He only looked ashamed. He also lives like someone who killed a man rather than someone who was jailed for something he didn’t do. So I think he did accidentally kill the man. 

Honestly, I don’t know why the writer chose this premise for the story because I really think it’s too much to have the children of those involved in the incident caught up in relationships with each other. I dread seeing the ugliness that is no doubt coming when the truth is exposed. If it was a Western show I wouldn’t worry as much because most people in the Western world know that every man should bear his own sin. There is no use blaming an innocent child for something his/her parent did. In Asian shows though, this is a huge obstacle because children are associated with the sins of their parents/family and I think people will look down on Do Ran once the truth comes to light. Then there is Hong Sil’s sister who is pursuing Mr. Kang not knowing her brother-in-law died because of him. I think the writer is pushing it with all these connections which seems almost perverse.

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Honestly, I don’t know why the writer chose this premise for the story .... I think the writer is pushing it with all these connections which seems almost perverse.

Exactly my thought when I wacthed this drama for the first 4 episodes. It make me feel lose interest because it’s too tragic and cruel for Mr Kang and Do Ran. Oh well, if it started to get super sad, I just going to skip some episodes. 

@nohamahamoud2002 I continue watching because of the father and daughter’s relation too! Maybe because I’m very close to my late father, and I see many similar traits of him in Mr Kang, for example: good interaction with children, patience and most important stylish! LOL

I really wish that he didn’t really kill that man (some of you pointed about shame, I thinking about shame of taking the money and cause someone to lost his life - but he was not the one who stab the man). And her foster mother, she did snapped at DR but she raised her, for us who are mother, we know how it felt to take raise a child, even not our own flesh and blood deep in our heart she still our child. I think it applies to DR’s foster mother too. 

I know looking at flow of story now, slim chance for DR to pursuit her Law Degree, but I’d really wish writer give DR a chance to make her dream come true.

@oktatwork, I know we all don’t want to believe Mr. Kang killed a man but I would encourage you all to go back and freeze the video on episode 2 at 28 minutes and 30 seconds. The image shows bundles of cash on the loan shark’s desk on the left side and a tray of about three apples on the right side. On the tray were also peeled apple skins and a knife with a brown wooden handle. Mr. Kang scoops up the bundles of cash on the desk with both his hands and in that scoop he accidentally took the knife. He dashes from the office with the cash clutched to his chest with both hands. The passerby wearing a plaid jacket and glasses outstretches his hands to stop him like the secretary pleaded. The two collide and fall over and the knife ends up stuck in the other man’s chest. Part of the scene was cut out probably to keep the stabbing family friendly. 

Still, Mr. Kang quite shocked me in that scene. The loan shark fell, hit his head on the ground and there was all this blood flowing. Mr. Kang doesn’t hesitate to grab the money and run. To me that’s pretty cold. He would come off much better, morally speaking, running away without stealing the money. Afterall, he was defending himself against the loan shark but then he had to go and steal his money. Quite frankly, while I like and appreciate his relationship with Do Ran, it leaves me feeling uneasy because I know when the truth is revealed the shame that Do Ran will face because of what others will say and think. She’s the daughter of a murderer. It’s also a shame that isn’t unjustified because her father did indeed take a life and robbed a family of their father and head of the household through no fault of the victim who was helping to stop a crime. This is why I’m kind of annoyed with the writer for making it so Do Ran is wrapped up with people so closely associated with the victim of her father’s crime.

It is me or, there is something wrong in the way Director Wang is courting DR. Abusing his power, his status as her boss. The actor is doing a great job playing a very respectful, cute and polite man, but I still have the feeling there is some harrassing in there.

13 minutes ago, iminela1 said:

It is me or, there is something wrong in the way Director Wang is courting DR. Abusing his power, his status as her boss. The actor is doing a great job playing a very respectful, cute and polite man, but I still have the feeling there is some harrassing in there.

Could you give examples of his abuse of power as a boss?

Socially speaking, or outside of work, he is aggressively courting her. I suppose it could be considered harassment if his courtship is unwanted and pressures her. I have been uncomfortable with it at times but I suppose it’s up to Do Ran to put her feet down and tell him to stop and I think he would. 

Like telling her to rush to the restaurant to bring him an envelope, knowing she wouldn't come otherwise. And she seems to be telling him to stop. But he is ignoring that. I know it should be a nice pretty love story there, but she seems uninterested.

He is dogged and persuasive  that’s for sure but it’s not as if she really vehemently Refused his advances he would fire or blackmail or threaten her to be with him. He is mature and pretty professional as well as a good person. But the Drama is young. I think he is in the infatuation/walking on air stage that comes before real love. When the richard simmons  hits in the fan about  her family history, the inevitable Chaebol Mother protesting, her reticence about Romance and The Brats problem causing  then the relationship will grow much deeper.

Archived