[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

I have enjoyed watching and following the discussion of this drama on this forum.  I have enjoyed the premise of this drama and enjoyed the dynamics between the characters especially DR/ Mr Kang,  DR/WDR,  DR/grandma Mr Kang/HJ and MR/GR. However now that we coming to the end of this drama there are some things  that have frustrated me.  The biggest one is how the main female has been treated as a punching bag for the nearly the entire drama.   She is written as a person who is strong, intelligent loyal considerate of other and compassionate .Yet for  all those great qualities this drama allows DY, ES her stepmother to abuse her verbally, physically and emotionally without her able to fight back.   The lack on consideration or understanding towards DR especially after Mr Kang agreed to donate his liver  and now on his death bed is annoying. DR is clearly struggling with everything that is happening yet she seem very alone. In the next episode  I hope  that going through this latest struggle that something snaps in DR and that she speaks up against the rudeness and  lack of respect  which DY and ES  appear to be doing in the preview.   Just because you are a good person does not mean you can  not get angry and stand up for your self and  your family.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview 101-102

Loan shark's son dies & Dae Ryeok paid for the funeral expenses, I hope that he will turn himself in

Finally Mr Kang reprimand the Wangs for being nasty to his daughter

That horrible ex MIL slapped our girl. How dare she?

13 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@smhelen

"That horrible ex MIL slapped our girl. How dare she?"

At that moment....Mr Kang woke up from his coma & have the strength to "scold" the Wangs

Did they extend the drama for this? What gives?!

I just want to slap that homeless/murder man so badly. He's the real culprit of everyone’s messed up family life.

If Mr. Kang never went to prison, he would have work like crazy to provide DR a better lifestyle, and possible meet HJ along the way. DR would have been a lawyer and doesn't have to deal with her crazy adopted mother.

DR’s status would have been approved by the Wang’s family!

As for DY and her family, she would have a good relationship with DR and Dr’s father.

I blamed that selfish jerk who destroy everyone life!

On 3/7/2019 at 6:12 AM, Doloris B said:

No she was saying since he can't seem to escape his past and has no peace, Since he is now in a coma he can leave (die) and be at peace.

There could be another possibility for what Do-Ran meant (if there are possible different shades of meaning in translating from Korean to English).

Mr Kang has made a huge sacrifice to save Go-Rae. This sacrifice should be enough to redeem himself for his (supposed) mistake of causing Go-Rae's father's death.

Do-Ran, being a daughter, would still pray for his recovery. However, whether Mr Kang would recover or not, he should leave (the past) and be at peace (from now on).

(Nevertheless, the whole dialogues and the circumstance indeed point out more to the first interpretation that, in the moment of utter despair, Do-Ran loses all hopes).

On 3/8/2019 at 2:44 AM, jechoi1 said:

These K-dramas (especially these family-oriented ones and the makjang ones with the really nasty characters) always end in a kumbaya moment.  The bad characters suddenly realize that they were wrong and the good ones all instantly forgive them.  It's sooooo unsatisfying and the one real complaint that I have. 

A lot of viewers share the same feelings. May I offer some recommendations?

Firstly, viewers, especially the ladies, may need to purchase that special hair tonic.

It is rather expensive, but the tonic could be very helpful after you watch undeserved Kumbaya endings.

Secondly, when you drink while watching the last episodes, whether on PC or TV, it may be advisable to drink from plastic cups, rather than glass bottles. Screen repair could be expensive.

3 hours ago, Nouralhouda said:

Thanks to a translation on Youtube, this is what Mr. Kang said,

"if I did something wrong Doran is not guilty of those acts she is not responsible for none of my actions she is not guilty of my actions"

45 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

do you think WDR paying for the funeral of the loan shark's son will make a difference?? I mean his son's death might drive him to repent.

I hope so guilt is sometimes a great motavater .keeping it in eventually is what destroys you.

I am sorry to feel like this. But in today episode the only scene I do like is when we see DY been cheated by the husband. It make me laugh and I know cheating is sooo wrong but after all she has donne it's karma an a big one. Once again I  sorry to feel like this. 

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

do you think WDR paying for the funeral of the loan shark's son will make a difference?? I mean his son's death might drive him to repent.

I think so I like that he did that too it show what type of person he is.

45 minutes ago, roli said:

I am sorry to feel like this. But in today episode the only scene I do like is when we see DY been cheated by the husband. It make me laugh and I know cheating is sooo wrong but after all she has donne it's karma an a big one. Once again I  sorry to feel like this. 

I honesty I am struggling to care. :sleeping:

She is such an unpleasant person to everyone ,look I really really hate cheaters but I just dont care about her relationship since she never cared about anyone else.

She spent 98% of the drama trying to destroy DR and WDR relationship for no reason at all, so karma has come.

Watched the first episode way back 17 Nov 2018 and after that stop watching as was back log with many stuff...
Decided to pick up from 2nd episode just recently 01 Mar 2019 and now watching Ep 31.
Journey through to Ep 31... I had to control not to reach out for something to whack the following people in the series with the number indicating most desired to hammer ....
1.  Jang Da-Ya (JDY)... she is only pretty in outlook but inner look are contaminated beyond repair. She enjoys adding fuel to her mother-in-law and she is poisoning her mother-in-law with her sweet talk and oh a glass of warm water to calm down, etc.  She forgets she did not marry Wang Yi-Ryook out of pure love. She was eyeing to be the MADAM in the Wang family taking over the role of her mother-in-law OEY. She is a spoilt brat beyond hope.  She looks down on people and has no respect for Ms Yeojoo and Miss Cho. She is rude to everyone in the household and thinking she is already the DOWAGER controlling everything. She despise her FIL each time he does not entertain her crooked behavior.  Each episode that JDY pops up in...there is none that show her being kind at all...
Yes...she needs to have the worst suffering delivered to her and in my mind is for her husband to have a lover that really cares for him far more than his status-quo.  Oh yes... JDY is having the green eye over the part-timer who turns full-timer at WYR new restaurant. 

2.  So Yang-Ja (SYJ)...I would say she is perfect match with JDY...they could easily pass as mother and daughter DNA proven or not does not matter. These 2 are perfect match in their behavior, greed, thoughts and using of others.  SYJ is beyond repair no matter how many "this is the last time... I am sorry... It is better I die... " The only thing that makes her be pleasant and nice to anyone is MONEY and lots the kind that does not stop flowing.  She blames KDR for her husband death but in real sense... she is the one killing her husband over and over again over money and her treatment to KDR.  She is the one who kicks KDR out and disown her throwing the DNA result in her face. And when she needs money...suddenly the DNA does not matter... She puts down her own birth daughter KMR by not letting her work siting her premature birth, weak in health, etc...  SYJ does not deserve KMR at all who no matter what still sticker herself to SYJ and even to before marriage talk telling KDR no matter what the mother did...she cannot let go...

3.  Oh Eun-Young (OEY)... Ah as her own husband say to her..."Chronic disease of the mouth"... oh yes... that's is so true... I want to give Wang Jin Kook  a big hug each time. Indeed his wife OEY is a loose nut and does not think at all... She blames everyone for whatever happens.  She runs away so easily...just pack her bag and run... then run home... disown her 1st son yet want to control him. Ouch... this is a psycho mom on the loose... She is the last person anyone should share any information with her because she will just vomit it out to anybody.  Oh speaking of that... in talking without thinking... OEY is perfect match with SYJ... They talk like air head then turn the whole table around and blame others...

Conclusion...the series so need to just put this 3 people together for a whole month in the same cell and see how they handle each other... naturally will see JDY sticker to her mil OEY and creating more devil thoughts.

Apologies for being long-winded...took me a few days to decide whether to share here or not.  Thanks for your time reading this.

I can’t believe after what Kang did for DY’s family there not one appreciative, but they want HJ to divorce, not to mention they just got married, and HS wants her to keep secret about having a child and trying to talk her to getting rid of the child.  Three most pitiful characters in the drama Kang, DR and HJ.  Why can’t they all just move to a different country and live by themselves?? I can’t stand It.  At least HJ has some backbone, she can talk back to her sister.  But thinking about, even after she is pregnant, she cannot tell anybody and no will congrats her.  How sad.  

4 hours ago, roli said:

She deserves all the bad karma that comes her way. I do wish there was no cheating just because I want her called out and dumped because of all of her horrible behavior but with the cheating, both families will probably feel sorry for her when they find out. 

13 hours ago, Boba said:

I just want to slap that homeless/murder man so badly. He's the real culprit of everyone’s messed up family life.

If Mr. Kang never went to prison, he would have work like crazy to provide DR a better lifestyle, and possible meet HJ along the way. DR would have been a lawyer and doesn't have to deal with her crazy adopted mother.

DR’s status would have been approved by the Wang’s family!

As for DY and her family, she would have a good relationship with DR and Dr’s father.

I blamed that selfish jerk who destroy everyone life!

The ex-loan shark & real killer: The mastodon in the room

You are very right.   

We keep cursing Dae-Ryook's mom, Da-Ya, Mi-Ran's adoptive mom, Da-Ya's mom.

Yet, somehow, the mastodon in the room, the ex-loan shark / real murderer,  miss from our radar. 

A retrial is essential to rehabilitate Mr Kang's good name.

Ideally, it could also put the real murderer behind bars.

I learn that in 2015, South Korea removed the 25-year statute of limitations on first-degree murder. However, the revision does not apply to second-degree murder, manslaughter and other kinds of death resulting from accidents. Unfortunately, Go-Ran's dad's murder might be viewed as second-degree murder; thus, even a re-trial might not punish him as the real murderer.

Mr Kang is a fine example of a father. "No one bullies my princess." I will love to see his reaction being a father once again. He is now enjoying fatherhood with a adult daughter and will be able to experience bring up his child, the chance he missed out with Do Ran.

I missed my father.

12 hours ago, jojoanna said:

Watched the first episode way back 17 Nov 2018 and after that stop watching as was back log with many stuff...
Decided to pick up from 2nd episode just recently 01 Mar 2019 and now watching Ep 31.
Journey through to Ep 31... I had to control not to reach out for something to whack the following people in the series with the number indicating most desired to hammer ....
1.  Jang Da-Ya (JDY)... she is only pretty in outlook but inner look are contaminated beyond repair. She enjoys adding fuel to her mother-in-law and she is poisoning her mother-in-law with her sweet talk and oh a glass of warm water to calm down, etc.  She forgets she did not marry Wang Yi-Ryook out of pure love. She was eyeing to be the MADAM in the Wang family taking over the role of her mother-in-law OEY. She is a spoilt brat beyond hope.  She looks down on people and has no respect for Ms Yeojoo and Miss Cho. She is rude to everyone in the household and thinking she is already the DOWAGER controlling everything. She despise her FIL each time he does not entertain her crooked behavior.  Each episode that JDY pops up in...there is none that show her being kind at all...
Yes...she needs to have the worst suffering delivered to her and in my mind is for her husband to have a lover that really cares for him far more than his status-quo.  Oh yes... JDY is having the green eye over the part-timer who turns full-timer at WYR new restaurant. 

Yes...you are so right with this. She truly desrves it, she has never show a nice behaviour. Well donne. 

11 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

A retrial is essential to rehabilitate Mr Kang's good name.

Ideally, it could also put the real murderer behind bars.

I learn that in 2015, South Korea removed the 25-year statute of limitations on first-degree murder. However, the revision does not apply to second-degree murder, manslaughter and other kinds of death resulting from accidents. Unfortunately, Go-Ran's dad's murder might be viewed as second-degree murder; thus, even a re-trial might not punish him as the real murderer. 

although he may be viewed as committing second-degree murder, but living in guilt for 30 years is a good punishment too, perhaps even as bad as prison. He is no longer rich either. I hope he confesses his crime soon.

Spoiler

The loan shark handed himself in, Kang's innocence is broadcasted on TV. In the preview, the family is apologizing to him.

Capture.jpg
Capture2.jpg

Archived