Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

57 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The former prison mate meets Kang. Doran wants to know who he is. I think he might be tactful enough to hide the imprisonment of Kang. But what will happen next? Things are getting more complicated 

I am not sure what happened to my post but the only thing that stayed was the :P

Here is what I wanted to say, by the time they discover Mr. Kim's past, hopefully, Daya will be long and gone due to her flawed character. And this is where the emoji fits best :P

Edited by smhelen
Original post was jumbled for some reason.
  • Like 5

From @Ayame's post with a translation.

Episode 73-74 Preview

WDR: Do Ran-shi, about father-in-law, how about if I set him up a bakery? It’s because it’s something that I really want to do for him.
NHJ: Freddie, I think I’ve finally become good friends with Teacher Kang.
NHS: Get out! You get out! I don’t want to see any bit of you! Tell your mother never to return here. Do you understand me?
MR: Mom! Mom!
SYJ: Why did you come out here?! Hurry up and go back inside! Hurry!
KDR: But, how do you know my dad?

I wonder if MR's mother finally upset MR's mother-in-law with her stupid conniving in some way. I'm not very fond of So Yang Ja, so I think a little karma returning to kick her isn't a bad thing. How in the world both DR and MR came out to be such good daughters when MR is a bit of a cow is something that could only happen in a drama. In RL, the daughters would have picked up on their mother's negativity rather than just the father's kindness, especially after losing that kind influence earlier in their lives and having to only live watching the spiteful, petty mother.

Also, tired of DY. I'm sure having overheard the conversation between DR and DR, she's immediately going to go tattling to MIL in order to get her to see what an opportunist DR and her father are. DY is so icky. But, I don't know what her denouement is going to be since it won't be jail. I'm still holding out for her husband getting tired of her and divorcing her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@stroppyse welcome dear chingu :) whenever I see you in a thread I feel very happy :) 

You make things very clear. Thank you :) 

I second that. Thank you so much @stroppyse

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still holding out for her husband getting tired of her and divorcing her.

I think he will tire of her and marry the nice employee at the restaurant. But I want Daya will be found out first and then gets dumped. I don't cheating at all. 

• Like 4

Daya might start to dig into things to cause trouble for Doran and her dad :( If she discovers about his imprisonment, she will pursue the matter and might know that he was the person convicted in her father's murder :( 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I think he will tire of her and marry the nice employee at the restaurant. But I want Daya will be found out first and then gets dumped. I don't cheating at all. 

I would be happy with that outcome. :)

38 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@stroppyse welcome dear chingu :) whenever I see you in a thread I feel very happy :) 

You make things very clear. Thank you :) 

Hi @nohamahamoud2002, thanks for the compliment. I'm always happy to see you, too. :)

5 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Daya might start to dig into things to cause trouble for Doran and her dad :( If she discovers about his imprisonment, she will pursue the matter and might know that he was the person convicted in her father's murder :( 

Yes. Da Ya does seem to instigate a lot of trouble. Then again, I have to remind myself that every drama needs antagonists. Still, there is just something about DY though that invites no sympathy for her, just annoyance at her spitefulness and her incessant whining. I think I tend to prefer my antagonists to have some redeeming qualities about them that make me feel conflicted as to whether the character should be redeemed or not. In this case, it's simple. I want the outcome that @smhelen has mentioned. :D

• Like 3

I hate it when DR wears that apron around. 

Back to square one, indeed. DR is a housewife.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes. Da Ya does seem to instigate a lot of trouble. Then again, I have to remind myself that every drama needs antagonists. Still, there is just something about DY though that invites no sympathy for her, just annoyance at her spitefulness and her incessant whining. I think I tend to prefer my antagonists to have some redeeming qualities about them that make me feel conflicted as to whether the character should be redeemed or not. In this case, it's simple. I want the outcome that @smhelen has mentioned. :D

they are the spice of the drama :D 

without them the drama will be smooth sailing where some viewers will get bored with......and with them inside....it make the viewers loath them and they will stick to the television to see their karma :D 

• LOL 4

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder if MR's mother finally upset MR's mother-in-law with her stupid conniving in some way. I'm not very fond of So Yang Ja, so I think a little karma returning to kick her isn't a bad thing. How in the world both DR and MR came out to be such good daughters when MR is a bit of a cow is something that could only happen in a drama. In RL, the daughters would have picked up on their mother's negativity rather than just the father's kindness, especially after losing that kind influence earlier in their lives and having to only live watching the spiteful, petty mother.

Also, tired of DY. I'm sure having overheard the conversation between DR and DR, she's immediately going to go tattling to MIL in order to get her to see what an opportunist DR and her father are. DY is so icky. But, I don't know what her denouement is going to be since it won't be jail. I'm still holding out for her husband getting tired of her and divorcing her.

I think now that MR's MIL knows that her son was never gay, everything that she really felt about MR and her mother is coming out.  MR's MIL would never have accept MR as her DIL unless it was to hide her son's supposed gayness.  Now that she knows her son is not gay, she's no longer happy with MR.  Never mind that MR never knew what her MIL was thinking, but I'm sure that MIL thinks that she was being deceived and lied to this whole time.  MIL and Aunt never liked MR's mother (and who could blame them), and now MR's MIL feels free to behave as she wants towards MR and her mom.

I also want YR to divorce the Brat.  I don't think she ever really liked him, and I'm not all that sure that he really liked her either.  He was just upset that she wouldn't meet him anymore.  The Brat just wants to be the madame of the house, which goes to show how stupid she is.  Did she think that YR was just sowing his wild oats at the restaurant he had before, and that he would join the corporation?  Even if he did, what's he going to do there?  He's not going to have a corporate role because that isn't how he was trained.  If she wanted to be the madame so much, she should have set her sights on DR to begin with.

I will keep watching this drama, but I'm a little tired of it now.  It's been so draggy lately with DR Long Face.  Ever since DR and DR got married, their story arc has been boring.  MR and GR added some nice relief to that, but now their story arc is going to be all angsty and boring, too.  Grandma's episodes add a little humor, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I think of those in real life who have loved ones suffering from Alzheimer's and there is a part of me that feels bad for enjoying the scenes where Grandma has an episode.  Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease and I am conflicted about how this drama at times makes light of it.

Anyway, back to where this drama is going, we know that the whole issue of DR's dad being a murderer is going to have to come up and I can already see DR Long Face coming back, and her crying or on her knees constantly, DR's MIL upset and demanding a divorce again, the Brat now actually having a reason to demand that DR/DR divorce, and just ugh.  Not sure if I can handle how draggy the drama is going to get.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I will keep watching this drama, but I'm a little tired of it now.  It's been so draggy lately with DR Long Face.  Ever since DR and DR got married, their story arc has been boring. 

I am agreeing with u , I am struggling with DR beyond the big event episode , she come cross boring . 

The writer are not developing the character , they just putting her in increasingly devastating plot ad proclaiming her their tragic heroine . 

Edited by shutthatdoor
  • Like 2

I'm starting to feel the same @jechoi1 I need to see some sort of character development in KDR. It's just dragging and dragging. We just keep going aropund in circles, Daya stirs the pot, then there's chaos, DR cries and apologies for ocmething or the other, it gets semi-resolved, there's calm, Daya gets annoyed so she digs and stirs the pot again, rinse, repeat. 

It's time delusion Daya get's hers. All now she still thinks she can be a madam married to the 2nd son. Hope can't wait for hubby to leave her richard simmons, mind he's kind of an idiot too so kinda feel they deserve each other to some degree.

I hope prison friend has sense and realise the kinda of stigma prison brings in their society and keeps it zipped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shutthatdoor said:

they just putting her in increasingly devastating plot ad proclaiming her their tragic heroine . 

I miss the feisty, go-getter, determined and fierce DR. Why are they making her the opposite of what she was? 

DR is not the heroine of this drama. I am thinking it is a drama on HOW TO BE A BAD MOTHER in every way. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I miss the feisty, go-getter, determined and fierce DR. Why are they making her the opposite of what she was? 

I think because she dealing with her MIL and she’s supposed to be a nice one but personally I expected her by now to develop a thoug skin , stay strong , neutral and defuse conflict, but somewhere though the good points of her character started to erode gradually one by one  , and we left with half DR we fall in  love with . 

Edited by shutthatdoor
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

https://www.hancinema.net/song-won-seok-joins-my-only-one-125702.html

photo1029164.jpg

hmmm he's a new addition to our fave drama! i wonder what significance he'd be in DR's life?

Song Won-seok is joining the drama "My Only One".

"My Only One" is about a woman whose life becomes complicated after meeting her father for the first time 28 years. He has had to hide himself but when he finally emerges, she is the only one on his side.

Song Won-seok is taking on the role of Lee Tae-poong, an independent young man who is going to take lead of the later half of the drama. It's a great deal, being cast in a drama that's on a 40% viewing percentage roll. As a rookie actor, it may be a burden for him.

Song Won-seok said, "It's a pleasurable burden. I am grateful for the role and I promise not to get in the way".

Song Won-seok starred in the KBS 2TV "TV Novel - Dal-soon's Spring", MBC Everyone "Sweet and Salty Office" and others.

• Like 6