Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

I said i temporarily skip a few episodes, but thinking again, this drama main content is to focus on the relationship between DR and her father. Maybe because our OTP is so adorable that makes us forget that.

Actually in previous ep whenever there were scences Papa Kang looks at DR, i feel so bad for him (Maybe because Choi Soo Jong's acting is excellcent, just look at him make me feel sad)

Therefore, now i change my mind again, what Papa Kang did was wrong but if DR has to choose between Papa and her husband, she will choose her dad -> I 100% agree.

Now its up to WDR if he can handle this situation, if he cant and the OTP has to be separated, im still ok with that, somehow i want DR to stay away  her family-in-law, and begin a new life with her father, why bother to live with that MIL that always treat you poorly.

If the writer separate the couple, then have another new guy for DR (but need to be at least as handsome as WDR), then i have no complain to you :P

• Like 7

@stargazer187 thankyou for answering my questions. Yes your answer seems to be far more reasonable and believable them my suggestion that the grandmother fakes her condition at times. Though that would indeed be an interesting twist if that was the case as well.

Spoiler

As for Doran’s mum she hasn’t been fully conned as of writing this post. By this I mean that she still hasn’t handed out any of her money or check to anyone including the loan shark but it is only a matter of time that she does that. Plus I wish to correct my previous post when I mentioned that perhaps the friend that conned the mother is back and staying with her. Turns out that is her sister but even I don’t trust her. She is suddenly getting a job offer from her friend that runs a restaurant. I get the feeling that if the mother doesn’t get conned from the loan shark then it might be from her sister. What if the sisters friend guarantees her the job but in return for some security? But instead of giving her the post she runs of with the money. Though hopefully I am hoping that this isn’t the case atleast someone should do their job properly and not be a burden on Doran and company.

As of now I don’t think that Doran is going to be able to bail her family out. Mr. Kim on the other hand might be able to do so but the question is whether or not he is willing to do so. We know that he has been doing odd jobs apart from his post at the grandmothers’ place. He has then been saving all his money prior to Doran marrying into that place. When he thought that she was still living with her family he was paying them of but he stopped doing that for quite some time. Then again he just might do it so that Doran doesn’t have to be troubled over this matter.

In regards to Doran’s mother having a bit of sincerity towards Doran I also believe that she has some buried deep down though they have yet to show that to us (I only believe that she has some due to watching numerous dramas where the characters redeem themselves) otherwise I don’t think that would be the case. For instance, the mother is a terrible person and a lot of suffering that she goes through are due to her own faults. Such as she has known to blame Doran for almost having a miscarriage but again she never likes to admit that she herself was the cause. Had she not pinched Doran like that out of spite Doran would never have cried (atleast not at that point) thus she never would have gone in shock. There are numerous other incidents that I can also point out where she is at fault but let’s not get into that at the moment. Though what makes the mother worse is the simple fact that she has known all along that Doran wasn’t her husband’s daughter from him having an affair so she has no reason for harbouring any kind of grudge against her. Had that been the case I could have sort of understood her feelings. Yet she verified said fact ages ago yet she discriminated Doran from an early age. Perhaps she felt that her husband favoured her more that their own daughter so she probably felt justified yet it just comes of wrong. For instance, when she only bought fried chicken for her daughter and none for Doran. Did her husband do similar things for Doran then it might be she was trying to balance out the scales. But this again doesn’t explain why she treated Doran more like a servant when they were kids such as making her do the dishes etc.. Miran seems to be a better person than her mother as in the sense she actually feels bads for Doran whenever she realizes that her mother has done something bad especially towards Doran. Perhaps she will be able to talk some sense into her mother at some point. Though don’t hope that happens anytime soon.

As for you mentioning Birth Secrets in said dramas being a staple. I am well aware of said fact what I meant to say is that usually in those dramas the main leads are almost always the last to discover said fact and it is usually the Second Leads that discover the fact before them and try to use this to their advantage. Perhaps to blackmail the leads ie we know the location of your Bio Parent but you will have to leave town before we reveal it to you or something similar. Yet in this drama Doran being the female lead was the first person to discover her father’s identity. Now she has the burden of trying to keep it a secret. The stress is going to get to her. Unless the grandmother becomes her Secret Keeper as well. We will have to see how that turns out to be. Hopefully the grandmother is okay with it or she is told something believable since we see her making dumplings with Doran and company in today’s episode.

As for the grandmother I can understand some people frustration that she revealed a secret that wasn’t hers to reveal but considering that she was afraid that she might die she wanted to clear her conciseness before that happened and like she herself mentioned had Doran been a stranger she would have done just that unfortunately she personally knew Doran and that changed things. Had she not had cancer she probably would have done the same thing only much later on. Ie her deathbed if Mr. Kim hadn’t come clean by then.

As for Doran not wanting to listen to her father’s reason for abandoning her is a mistake. I understand that she doesn’t want to do so for now and wants him to open up to her on his good time is all well and good. Unfortunately, when he is living so close to her I think that it is a bad move. We know that there are people in said house that are already gunning for her and they are bound to discover the fact that Doran and Mr. Kim are related. With a bit of research, they are eventually going to find out that her father was arrested for murder and they are going to bring that up and Doran is only going to get more hurt just like her father warned her. Something that could lessen the blow would have been if he had revealed the exact circumstances to her so that she could be more understanding and be on his side. As of now she is going to have nothing to say and not only be embarrassed at such a revelation but also hurt. She might not even be willing to listen to her dads explanation at that time which will be bad for everyone around.

Also we have to realize that her father’s actions will affect a lot of people. We have Daya and her mother who have lost a father and husband not to mention the Aunt as well. Though I get the feeling that it will be the Aunt that will be one that mends the bridges this time around. I forgot who was it from her family that can actually recognize Mr. Kim for who he really is hasn’t shown up yet. Wasn’t he Daya’s uncle. Bet he is going to be the one that throws a spanner in everyone’s work.

@Ngoc Diep Tran How about Ji Chang Wook for Doran’s other man. Other than that I have a hard time seeing Doran walk away from her current family. I do see her probably struggling with her guilt when she discovers what her father has done so she can easily leave the home but I don’t see that happening for more than a few episodes for the simple reason that she is so attached to the grandmother that she worries about her condition. One phone call from that family will be more than enough to lure her back to that house. Therefore, unless the grandmother officially kicks her out and is really cold towards her I find it highly implausible that she is going to stay out for long. Meaning no other man unless we want to add in that coworker of hers that had a crush on her. I doubt that will be the case as well.

Speaking of the scenes from the next episode I find it hilarious how Doran’s mother is trying to set up Miran with her bosses’ son. Such as when she inquires whether or not the son is dating. Ha at this point I can easily imagine that Daya’s mother would be more than willing to accept her as her in Law as long as the fact that her son is supposedly gay remains a secret. She will probably even lower her standard to prevent that. It is actually going to get hilarious when she realizes that this isn’t the case. How will she try and backpedal to get out of this? She clearly won’t be happy to accept them as her in laws at that point but by then it will be to late. Also I can’t wait to see Daya’s reaction when she discovers who her other SiL is going to be.

Doran’s MiL tries to tame Doran but she simply has no idea of how to do it right. Then again I can understand some of her frustration. Take for instance when she told Doran to quit her job. Now I can understand everyone’s frustration at what happened next. Doran did the reasonable thing of discussing that with her husband. Unfortunately, he made things worse for Doran by speaking his mind regarding said fact. I can clearly feel Dorans frustration as that only makes things worse for her. Dae Rook was clearly at fault. His intent may have been good but he should have also considered his wives position as well something which he failed to do so. As for the MiL leaving Doran to do such an unreasonable job is astounding. She should have come up with something better or smarter. For instance, she should have faked an injury saying that she couldn’t work and something similar for Daya and that might have saved her some embarrassment atleast for the time being. Such as let Daya attempt to work with Doran but leave because she can’t cook and is more of a hindrance than an asset. Instead both are out enjoying themselves while Doran is working is going to backfire on them spectacularly. (though when the family discovered she was faking an injury it would be equally embarrassing for her as well)

Well either way let’s see what happens in today’s episode before we can make a better verdict. So far it seems to be an interesting show. Just wait till more secrets are going to be revealed. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. Will be looking forward to reading them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@yamiyugi I'm stucked with other drama so I still can't continue on his one. I guess waiting for Monday as I planned and watch it all at once. I read your spoiler and miscarriage? Is DR pregnant already, ehhhh?? Am I reading it wrong? Then I should go watching it for this small happy news. Hahaha

Spoiler

Other second lead male as WDR love rival? Hahaha... I like that choice. But I don't think he can join MOO now. Has he finishes his MS? Ah.. was he at MAMA award? So he has returned then?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@yamiyugi I'm stucked with other drama so I still can't continue on his one. I guess waiting for Monday as I planned and watch it all at once. I read your spoiler and miscarriage? Is DR pregnant already, ehhhh?? Am I reading it wrong? Then I should go watching it for this small happy news. Hahaha

Hide contents

Other second lead male as WDR love rival? Hahaha... I like that choice. But I don't think he can join MOO now. Has he finishes his MS? Ah.. was he at MAMA award? So he has returned then?

Sorry my bad if I was unclear. In one of the early episodes Miran's mother pinched Baby Doran making her (Doran) cry. Unfortunately when she tried to quiet her the stress got to her and she (the mother) nearly miscarried Miran. One can assume that the Dad came just in time and rushed his wife to hospital and that is why everyone was healthy. as for Ji Chang Wook reference was just a joke on my part as I was aware that he was still doing his Military Service. Why I recomednded him was because the first drama that I watched happened to have both Ji Chang Wook and the actor for Wang Dae Rook in first and second lead roles. The drama was Smile Again (2010 version) also known as Smile Dongae.

As for you leaving the show for the time being is sad but being myself busy with work and all is something that I totally understand. as of now you probably wont miss much. The real interesting parts will happen when it is discovered who Doran's father is by the others and that he was not only a criminal but a murderer as well (clearly he didn't do any of it on purpose and was in a desperate situation). Probably that is the reason why he was eventually released.

Anyway sorry for any misunderstanding that I may have caused. My English isn't the best at times. My English Teacher always told me to write shorter points as that would prevent both Grammatical Errors as well as other misunderstandings due to my posts not being on the dot or being unclear. I wish I heeded such useful advice. if there is anything else that you have doubts regarding my posts please let me know.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2018 at 10:12 AM, stargazer187 said:

2. Yang Ja, DR's foster mom, is a money-oriented and ambitious person. She loves wealth and full of jealousy. She was conned for her own stupidity and greed. She was conned second time? Lol,  I'm not updated with the latest episodes yet. So she really believe that loan shark offer then. Don't tell me that she leech off DR to pay her debt again this time. She's a ruthless and heartless mother to DR all her life. The only good thing she did is raising her (despite of her lack sincerity to do it). Sometimes, I feel that she has 1% of genuine love to DR but it is buried in the deepest down of her heart, among all those greed and selfishness she has. I guess she'll repent in the final episodes. 

@stargazer187  Yes she'll be conned again.. The new conartist is reeling her in hook line and sinker she's eating up everything he's telling her.. In todays episode he gave her a 3/4 mink baiting her right in.. Kiss that money goodbye..

You got to just love halmoni.. She told your upbringing caused you to become a mistress, I'm begining to wonder about WDR Mom's background.. I bet she didn't come frpm to reputable family.. She may be orphan herself..

Dad told Daya to help oyt in the kitchen and when the help said she'll do it sje flew her butt up the stairs.. She does nothing around that house all day and yet with all her pettiness she have the gall to be mad because FIL bought DR a new car.. She already has a car that's perfectly fine nothing is wrong with it.. She don't wipe off a table nor set the table or wash a glass and she's all bent out of shape behind this car. MIL pampering her shallowness again.. She'll never learn with MIL being just as petty as she is.. We need someone in their right mind to set her and Daya straight..   

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Ngoc Diep Tran said:

I said i temporarily skip a few episodes, but thinking again, this drama main content is to focus on the relationship between DR and her father. Maybe because our OTP is so adorable that makes us forget that.

in most dramas I always like the OTP , but for once I find myself drawn to the father/daughter relationship more, maybe because it was the main trailer of the drama. I mean I was mainly drawn to the drama before it started airing because of Doran crying "appa" and of poor Mr. Kang crying while turning the pages of the photo album in the prison. I didn't notice the OTP then in the trailer.

But I usually prefer the young OTPs in dramas as Miran/Daya's brother. I also I like Daya's aunt too because she is always smiling and she can help Mr. Kang have some happiness in his sad life.

Oh my God, Daya follows DR at the end of the episode. She will discover about Mr. Kang.

• Like 3

this my first post about this drama....I don't think I can keep watching it...the over acting is terrible....the main mil voice is so screeching and loud...the second daughter in law pouting face and voice drives me insane.....DR and father is the only part worth watching and now that is going to blow up also...it will be one typical Korean story screech fest...So i think I will read the boards only and quit watching it...hope you guys keep posting... you all have more courage than me with this mess

• Sad 3

OMG all these secret meetings with her father , it crazy . She sees him all day , can’t she wait until the Morning , whats the point of sneaking out . it’s like she doing it to be exposed :crazy:  Why not just tell Her husband and be done with it , she’s all ready doing a bad job at keeping it secret !!!

DaYa really is a lady detective :D

All she need it’s to instumble on little thing and she run with it @stargazer187 I think ur prediction gonna happen , the two witches will mess up everything for mr Kang and DR.

@sava2sava  it’s hilarious how she run with out finishing her pizza  - she supposed to finish her food it’s was her last meal 

I hope for her sake the FUR it’s real she need  something to comfort her  :D . 

• Like 1

the foolish stepmom fell the same mistake again of investing her money with a swindler, she really deserves it :D

but did you notice she was really concerned about Doran when she saw her face looking pale

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

the foolish stepmom fell the same mistake again of investing her money with a swindler, she really deserves it :D

but did you notice she was really concerned about Doran when she saw her face looking pale

Karma! Mind you know say she going try leech of Do Ran or her new family some way or the other. 

Yeah first time she surprised me. Might be hope for the old ....... yet.

• Like 1

I know it will not last long. And I have been worried everytime there is scene between Mr Kang and Do Ran. I know Do Ran happy because she now have someone in her side, but everytime she call him 'appa', I can't focus on them, I worry someone overhear their conversation. And what Do Ran do on the ending? Mr Kang already told Do Ran to stop doing that at night, but Do Ran do that again. Do Ran, can't you just follow your father suggestion.

I love everytime DR couple and Mr Kang scene appear, just three of them. I like it.

I also love the date between GR and MR.

As always, I hate Daya attitude. She behave like Do Ran is her servant. But, she throw tantrum because FIL not giving her car? are you kidding me. what have you done to make you deserve a new car, moreover she already have a car.

• Like 1

I am conflicted over Do Ran leaving her work to become a housekeeper. She is not being treated like the lady of the house. I hope she packs up her bags and leaves with Mr. Kim as soon as they are found out. I do feel so much love for Mrs. Park but it is a lose-lose situation no matter which way I look at it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smhelen said:

I am conflicted over Do Ran leaving her work to become a housekeeper. She is not being treated like the lady of the house. I hope she packs up her bags and leaves with Mr. Kim as soon as they are found out. I do feel so much love for Mrs. Park but it is a lose-lose situation no matter which way I look at it. 

Yes I  hope she stays with her dad I am worried that he may go away where nobody can find him :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Off to WDR she'll go @nohamahamoud2002 Wow she's just to stupid.. All the news thats been out about that company and she never bother to try and get any information on the company and got conned again.. I just love it.. Stupid woman.. Now if he really wanted to make lots of money she would have opend a small resturant with her sister and work for it.. Her problem is she's to lazy to work for the money thus she's a walking billboard saying I'm a sucker come get me.. You don't even have to try and sale it to me I'll buy..  

11 hours ago, mentarisenja said:

As always, I hate Daya attitude. She behave like Do Ran is her servant. But, she throw tantrum because FIL not giving her car? are you kidding me. what have you done to make you deserve a new car, moreover she already have a car.

@mentarisenja  My point exactly if someone was to ask have she ever lifted a finger in that house she would look stuck like chuck.. If she thinks just because she brings her MIL water and tea and for that she should get a car she's sorely mistaken.. I liked when YY even told her (Dumber) she went to far with her antics.. I see her plan to turn DR into the house servant blowing up in her face.. Daya is going to sneak in that house and take halmoni out some where and leave her trying to cause problens for DR she wants the chairman and everyone in the house against DR.. I see this plan backfiring on her having dad say for DY to quit her job she has employess and help DR with house work because she has her hands full cleaning and cooking and trying to watch halmoni..

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yes I  hope she stays with her dad I am worried that he may go away where nobody can find him :tears:

No worries Daya Aunt will find him even if she has to uncover every nook and cranny in Korea she's not going to let him out if her sight.. I also think at this time DR will be pregnant.. 

• LOL 3

@sava2sava but Da Ya is already not working after married, iirc. She just go to the flower shop twice a week. She have all of the time, but never help on the housework. Also, the chairman have ask Da Ya to help Do Ran with the house after DR collapse, but she never do. And on the last episode, she act like the lady on the house when she went out, treated DR like a maid.

btw, are YY really working on company now? YY character is not develop until now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mentarisenja said:

btw, are YY really working on company now? YY character is not develop until now.

No @mentarisenja  I don't think YY is working at the company, I think he was there because of the new Menu.. YY goes to work at that company DY head wil really be up in the air.. I'm looking forward to YY fibding out what she really married him for.. I see their marriage going on shaky grounds real soon she's so busy worried about DR when she should be watching smiley face working with her husband..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I certainly hope not. I have a hunch he will stay put and she will defend him once they leave. 

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

No worries Daya Aunt will find him even if she has to uncover every nook and cranny in Korea she's not going to let him out if her sight.. I also think at this time DR will be pregnant.. 

That would be one great scenario. 

• Like 3