[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The English translation for the most recently released OST Part 24 by Lee Jang Woo (WDR) is out now. Looking at the translation, I'm getting the feeling they might actually divorce? T_T

Lee Jang Woo (WDR) - "Tears About To Come" (My Only One OST Part 24) English Translation

Are you really alright?
Why do I see you in my dreams every day?
Are you missing me
Like I’m missing you?

Did you want to tell me
Don’t be too late
Just like you
Will you wait for me?

I miss you so much, tears are about to come
I long for you so much, tears are about to come
because there are so many memories of being in love

I miss you even more today
That tears are about to come
If you haven’t changed, can I go back to you?
Again?

When I think about how I draw you out for a while
And then start to smile
Days without you
Have no meaning to me

I miss you so much, tears are about to come
I long for you so much, tears are about to come
because there are so many memories of being in love

Again?

I can’t let go
I can’t forget
Because it’s only you

Again?

I love you

(Translation by pop!gasa)

incidentally listening OST part 24 while reading @Ayame post. I feel like crying. Maybe they are not divorce, but Do Ran will run away from home with her father after giving divorce paper to DR. poor Dae Ryok, I only want him to be happy.  I haven't watch latest episode, so no comment for now.

In my opinion its ok for DR and WDR to divorce. Their relationship brings no growth or depth to the caracters. DR deserves to grow, continue her studied, have a job, meet people. Not just go to the market, cook, clean and serve. Oh, yes, and if on good terms with MIL, have her nails done and a facial. She is not happy in that house and doesn't develop as a person.

36 minutes ago, RobinM said:

They would both be happier and healthier if they simply just moved the hell out of that toxic hateful stifling place. 

yes, that is what I have been thinking all the time. I mean the MIL is very humiliating to Doran. WDR doesn't want to upset his mom by taking the side of his wife, although he tries his best to defend Doran. Doran herself wants to satisfy everyone even at the expense of her happiness. :( 

What is worse now is when the gangster meets Mr. Kang and reveals the secret of his being an ex-convict. Now Daya will suspect him of killing her father. :( 

Doran will never be able to have a peaceful married life anymore. 

21 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Is a man who tries to placate a mama who treats his wife like richard simmons a husband any woman wants?

strange enough, my mom told me the same about WDR not favoring his wife over his mother :( 

In Korean Drama, the same story goes on and on :( The husband and wife have to live in the same house with the in-laws. This is so frustrating. Why can't they just move out? WDR is rich and can buy a house of his own. The haelmoni's problem is easily solved if she moves with them. I don't see a problem in that at all. WDR's mom is not taking care of the haelmoni one way or the other. Even Mr. Wang himself can't do anything for his mother Mrs. Park. I don't know why is it "that" important to stay in one house along with the toxic Daya and the MIL. No sense at all :angry:

@iminela1 Actually I agree with you about Doran's character not developing, she is just doing housework, even she left her job. She is living the worst life ever :( 

We previously had a discussion about how some of the characters changed.  I thought that perhaps DR was the only one who had changed as she is no longer the spunky girl she was in the earlier episodes.  In fact, now she is just DR Sad Face.  The only glimpse of the old DR was when DY the Brat attacked MR.  Otherwise, she's been living like she's ashamed of herself and her life.

This made me question whether the characters should change or not.  We have in this drama 3 young women who got married.  Marriage is a life-changing experience, especially these "older style" marriages depicted in Kdramas where the sons live with their families.  You could say that DR changed because of her new role now.  She can't really go to school, when as the oldest DIL, her "duty" will be to take over the home life.  In a way, it's normal that her life should now focus around taking care of her in-laws.  But, her change is also attributable to losing her adopted father, getting kicked out by her adoptive mother, finding her real father, and marrying into a family where you don't feel that you are good enough and MIL won't let you forget that you're not good enough.  DR definitely changed, and she needed to change, but I think she changed too much.

The Brat did not change at all.  She was a spoiled brat before she married, and she's still a spoiled brat now.  She needed to change, but she hasn't changed at all.  She's no more mature than she was before marriage and she still thinks only of herself.  She has no sense that marriage is about joining your life with another and blending those lives together.  Instead, it seems that her only goal for her marriage was to become like her MIL.

MR also did not really change after her marriage.  It's early days yet, but she still the same as she was before.  Or, perhaps I'm being too harsh and she is changing.  She's thinking of someone else (her husband), but, we really only saw her making him lunch once.  Not that I expect her to make him lunch every day, but she is still just someone who sits at home all day.  If her MIL doesn't want to make her a homemaker, then I wish that MR would go do something instead of staying home all day.  Go take a cooking class and meet other people, continue with her announcer studies, just do something.

57 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The former prison mate meets Kang. Doran wants to know who he is. I think he might be tactful enough to hide the imprisonment of Kang. But what will happen next? Things are getting more complicated 

I am not sure what happened to my post but the only thing that stayed was the :P

Here is what I wanted to say, by the time they discover Mr. Kim's past, hopefully, Daya will be long and gone due to her flawed character. And this is where the emoji fits best :P

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@stroppyse welcome dear chingu :) whenever I see you in a thread I feel very happy :) 

You make things very clear. Thank you :) 

I second that. Thank you so much @stroppyse

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still holding out for her husband getting tired of her and divorcing her.

I think he will tire of her and marry the nice employee at the restaurant. But I want Daya will be found out first and then gets dumped. I don't cheating at all. 

Archived