[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, so Do Ran is going to do the self-sacrificing thing and offer to divorce Dae Ryuk to prevent Dae Ryuk's parents from getting a divorce?

Well the writer will be able check another box on the list of tired kdrama cliches. Noble idiocy. The only reason I am sticking with this drama is I love the characters. Otherwise the script is tired and unoriginal.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, so Do Ran is going to do the self-sacrificing thing and offer to divorce Dae Ryuk to prevent Dae Ryuk's parents from getting a divorce? That's a bit silly, and such a mean thing to do to Dae Ryuk. I assume this is going nowhere, but still, I have to say I rather dislike the sentiment.

I am conflicted over this and let's hope no one gets a divorce. Halomuni will have no one to take care of her if Do Ran gets a divorce. She is being stupid but what do I know? :pensive:

1 hour ago, Nour Alhouda said:

If I am in her place I do the same, I can't accept that my Mother and father in law get divorce because of me.this is my point of view

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the preview.

OEY: I’m going to ask for a lot of alimony, and then I’m going to live with Yi Ryuk and you.
DY: W-with us?
DY: Omo! Omo! We have a big problem!
Grandmother: Is the name of the girlfriend that Driver Kang Oppa is meeting Hong Joo?
Assistant: Whenever they meet, they kiss…and hug each other…
NHS: Director Jang and my daughter-in-law are?
HJ: Teacher Kang, please eat a lot.
Kang: Hong Ju-shi should also eat a lot.
Grandmother: Wait a moment. Chun Shim, are you Hong Ju?
Man: Hyung-nim, if you’ve come out (of prison), you should have come to see me. Where in the world is he?
DY: Do you have a conscience at all?! If anyone is going to get divorced, then you should do it! You do it!
JDR: Do Ran-shi, why are you doing this?
KDR: I’ll separate from Dae Ryuk-shi, mother-in-law.

Hmm, so Do Ran is going to do the self-sacrificing thing and offer to divorce Dae Ryuk to prevent Dae Ryuk's parents from getting a divorce? That's a bit silly, and such a mean thing to do to Dae Ryuk. I assume this is going nowhere, but still, I have to say I rather dislike the sentiment.

Also, not sure if I'm seeing this right since I'm not caught up on this drama at all right now, but is YR fancying another woman other than DY? Then again, I think DY being divorced, broke, and alone isn't a bad thing since her character has been nothing but selfish, petty, and mean all drama, it seems.

Also, does the grandmother think HJ is a sister named Chun Shim or something?

It pretty stupid thing to do since this will make it much worse for everyone  and like you said pretty crappy thing  to even say.That will make them get a divorce more if anything,

I guess this will just be sued to get the mother and father to forgive them faster or something and they will come back into the house.

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

why does poor Doran has to beg her MIL all the time? this is not fair :( 

Daya is the worst person I have ever seen. :angry:

agreed, that brat needs some spanking! DR is super nice in all this drama, i can't help but be annoyed with those two wicked women DY & MIL! (the latter is just like a pushover whenever DY says she just yield with whatever she hears from her!

chingoos if you haven't posted here the lyrics to one of my fave OSTs i just wanna share it with you: (credit: JHJ fansite)

No One Else by Lee Seung Chul

천번이고 다시 태어난데도
cheonbeonigo dasi taeeonandedo
그런 사람 또 없을테죠 음~
geureon saram tto eobseultejyo eum~
슬픈 내 삶을 따뜻하게 해줄
seulpeun nae sarmeul ttatteutage haejul
참 고마운 사람입니다
cham gomaun saramimnida
그런 그대를 위해서 나의 심장쯤이야
geureon geudaereul wihaeseo naui simjangjjeumiya
얼마든 아파도 좋은데
eolmadeun apado joheunde
사랑이란 그 말은 못해도 먼곳에서 이렇게
sarangiran geu mareun motaedo meongoseseo ireoke
바라만 보아도 모든걸 줄수 있어서 사랑할수 있어서
baraman boado modeungeol julsu isseoseo saranghalsu isseoseo
난 슬퍼도 행복합니다
nan seulpeodo haengbokhamnida

나 태어나 처음 가슴 떨리는
na taeeona cheoeum gaseum tteollineun
이런 사랑 또 없을테죠
ireon sarang tto eobseultejyo
몰래 감춰둔 오랜 기억속에 단 하나의 사랑입니다
mollae gamchwodun oraen gieoksoge dan hanaui sarangimnida
그런 그대를 위해서 아픈 눈물쯤이야
geureon geudaereul wihaeseo apeun nunmuljjeumiya
얼마든 참을수 있는데
eolmadeun chameulsu inneunde
사랑이란 그 말은 못해도 먼곳에서 이렇게
sarangiran geu mareun motaedo meongoseseo ireoke
바라만 보아도 모든걸 줄수 있어서 사랑할수 있어서
baraman boado modeungeol julsu isseoseo saranghalsu isseoseo
난 슬퍼도 행복합니다
아무것도 바라지 않아도
amugeotdo baraji anhado
그대 웃어준다면 난 행복할텐데
geudae useojundamyeon nan haengbokhaltende
사랑은 주는거니까 그저 주는거니까
sarangeun juneungeonikka geujeo juneungeonikka
난 슬퍼도 행복합니다
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the English translation.  Read the lyrics carefully – was this song somehow written with JHJ fans in mind?

No One Else

Even if I’m reborn a thousand more times
there wouldn’t be another person like you Mm~
The person who would warm up my sad life
I’m grateful for that person
For that person, my heart could hurt indefinitely.

Even if I can’t tell that I love you,
the fact that I’m able to look at you from a distance,
give you everything and love you
Even if I’m sad, i’m happy

There is no other love in the world
that would make my chest shake with anticipation like this
My one love that I’ve hidden so far within my memories
For a person like you,
I could endure painful tears indefinitely.

Even if I can’t tell that I love you,
the fact that I’m able to look at you from a distance,
give you everything and love you
Even if I’m sad, I’m happy.

I don’t want anything else except your laughter.
With it I’ll be happy
Because love is all about giving, just about giving
So even if I’m sad, I’m happy.

thanks for sharing that latest rating @Nour Alhouda i believe Uee did mention during the KBS drama awards that they were hoping for a 40%  rating if i'm not mistaken & woah so happy for them, they truly deserve this!

i haven't really had a chance to read most of your postings chingoos but i'm now watching epi 66 where chairman wang found out DR/MK relationship as father/dtr bec of that mean sis in law, however, in my opinion Chairman Wang was quite harsh? of all ppl in this drama i was expecting him to be understanding towards them but instead he asked MK to leave tomorrow he said! i don't know but DR/MK scenes always made me cry ... i mean literally cry bec they were sooooo good in their roles! i can't wait to see the next one but i just want to let it off my chest so i paused the vid just to share it w/you all :bawling:

3 hours ago, smhelen said:

I am conflicted over this and let's hope no one gets a divorce. Halomuni will have no one to take care of her if Do Ran gets a divorce. She is being stupid but what do I know? :pensive:

This would be a crappy development. Why is DR always so quick to disregard WDR? She disappoints me at times when it comes to him. 

7 minutes ago, tas82 said:

This would be a crappy development. Why is DR always so quick to disregard WDR? She disappoints me at times when it comes to him. 

I dont think hat it consider  who she grew up and just found her father I think she understands the pain of s split or broken family.

I think she thinking of him more then anything in her logic.

1 minute ago, dramaninja said:

I dont think hat it consider  who she grew up and just found her father I think she understands the pain of s split or broken family.

I think she thinking of him more then anything in her logic.

Ok I see what you mean. Still considering how he fought to be with her would be nice for her to do the same. She needs start seeing him as her family.  Plus the all grown....

poor Doran doesn't want her MIL to get divorced. She knows that her MIL won't accept her. That's why she is sacrificing her love. As a dutiful daughter, she accepts her dad as he is, and her relationship with him is much more important to her than anything. I understand her. She is torn between her duty as a daughter and a wife that is rejected by her MIL :(. She doesn't want to be the reason for separation between Daeryuk and his mother or between her mother in law and Mr. Wang.

It is not easy to live with her MIL at all, she is very rude and cruel to her all the time. Doran is being humiliated all the time by her MIL. All the time she has to cook for the family, she left her job. She is taking care of the grandmother. She is ill-treated by the brat Daya. I never saw her happy for once. Her happiness is very short-lived. And really why should she stay at her in-laws house? :angry:

It would have been better if Doran and Daeryuk lived in a house of their own. And as for the grandmother, she can live with them too. Already her bad daughter in law is not taking care of her. :( but then Mr. Wang himself is fed up with his wife.

and by the way, don't forget that Doran has very little self-confidence being poor :( . she always considers herself lower than the standards of her inlaws. That is why she can't defend her love. Try to understand her chingus. she is in a very weak position.

like i said before i think DR shld've told Daeryuk about her father since he's a very nice & u/standing person! i can't understand why chairman wang needs to think about it where MK already explained his side of the story? i believe chairman wang wants to believe that DR/MK betrayed the family? that's just ridiculous!

anyway the latest epi are available now so i can't wait, see you guys again later!

2 hours ago, tas82 said:

I’m going to have faith in WDR next week. It will be him that sets things straight in that family. He will tell his mother off, move out and even turn in his resignation from the family business if need be. He will will fight for his girl even to the point of cutting ties with his family if necessary. Madam Airhead will learn a lesson which is she can’t keep her son suckling forever.

Just finished the latest epis - woah do we really need to wait for another w/end? omo omo this is just nerve wracking if you will! I hope DR wont divorce WDR that's unacceptable! WDR's mother continues to irritate me i don't know about you guys and that DY needs a lot of spanking, she's the root of most of DR's misery! Oettaeke what will happen to DR and MK, why can't these people understand them? They are still accusing DR/MK that they betrayed them and that they knew about it but had an ulterior motive!

Once again, that scene of MK/DR made me really teary!

On 1/14/2019 at 1:43 AM, angelangie said:

okie DoRan being the goody two shoes again.....sigh......when can we get a good strong back female lead that stay strong thru out and not being the doormat that Kdrama seems to like it to be projected???????

however one thing for sure WDR didnt disappoint us....once he knew about DoRan & Driver Kang....he was all empathy with them.....and how he was willing to accept and stand by her sides no matter what.....

Master Kang didnt disappoint either.....for a moment he was angry because to him they deceived him with the lies and right under his roof....however when WDR walk into the study and told and and stand by DoRan....and talk some sense into his father.....he waver and he starts to think again.....

it was not to be anything bad.....and honestly in this series....the best person i say will be WDR and Master Kang....both are person with empathy and understanding that seems to be known no bound.....

the relationship in between DoRan and Driver Kang is heartbreaking....and i wonder how much more stress will it take for it to really break that up  and exploded.....the writer are pushing the heart break slowly....and revealing one layer by one layer ><"

i'm still wondering will the final layer be Driver Kang was an ex-con or something to do with Halmoni dementia stage that always recognize DoRan as her lil sister instead?

i think you're right DR has not been so strong - she's always giving in to the point that even the evil sis in law gets away when she talks to her! Yes WDR did not disappoint us when he found out about them, he's really a nice person this is why do you suppose if DR was strong enough she cldve told WDR  about her father when she found out about it after all WDR is nice and being her husband i think it would've been a lot better!

i agree with you when you said WDR and MK are best persons in this drama! it is really heartbreaking every time i see them on the screen, their acting are both convincing and need we say more?

It would be another big issue once they find out about MK being an ex-con.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GryGMA1i_74

I'm almost certain you guys must've watched this epis of Happy Together with the MOO cast, and i guess it won't hurt if there's a duplicate already past few pages? as you know i'm a latecomer watching this drama but so happy I was able to catch up with you all :D

I can't wait for the w/end so we can watch part 71!! To pass the time I'm watching this segment of HT with the cast!

I don't know about you guys but I just hope DR and WDR won't separate! this is the time when they should be beside each other! I may be wrong but i think MK (for me) stole the show, I'm really liking this actor Choi Soo Jung - he and DR made me cry buckets every time they're on the screen!

i don't think that DR offering to divorce is only about being weak.  It's also about being mature.  In the situation that she's in, she really has no alternative than to be quiet, submissive to her MIL, and wait it out.  That's actually what Grandma suggested, but FIL had to jump the gun and challenge MIL again.  Should DR have acted like the Brat (Daya) and yell back at MIL to defend herself?  It may seem like nothing to us as viewers, but the whole Wang Family had high hopes for DR as the oldest son and heir.  Even FIL admitted that he had goals for DR.  They wanted him to marry well (meaning rich and successful) to expand their business empire.  It's not a wrong sentiment.  In that society where business deals often depend on connections, it is a big deal to have a wife that brings "nothing" to the marriage in terms of money, connections, or even education.  We know that DR is hard-working and smart, but she never completed her education.  Perhaps she could have been a key member at BJ Foods, but ultimately she was employed just as a secretary.  For DR to argue or even defend herself any more than she did would have started a war in the household.

DR's offer in the preview to divorce is not just about sacrificial nobility, but also about looking at the situation as a whole.  Right now, she is the topic of all the fighting in the family.  Yes, MIL needs to accept her, but she isn't backing down and she's threatening divorce.  If the parents do divorce, how will DR feel living in that house knowing that she's the reason that her in-laws divorced after 30 years of marriage?  Her MIL will always blame her, the Brat will always be making snide comments, and after a while, DR and YR and even FIL may come to resent her.

So anyone else curious about DR's secret rescuer?  If he was going to be just a random character, there would be no reason to cast one that is handsome.  So is DR really going to divorce?  And will she end up with this new guy?  My initial reaction would be no, but I did see a Kdrama once where that happened.  The female lead met another male after fierce opposition from her boyfriend's mom and the new prince ended up marrying her.

Also, I wanted to clarify something I had previously posted about DR's dad.  I saw the first episode again, and it looks like DR's dad was begging the loan shark.  The loan shark pushed him and it was the loan shark that grabbed a glass something (ashtray? vase?).  That glass item fell on the floor and while the loan shark and DR's dad were tussling, the loan shark fell on the floor and it looks like his head landed on the glass shards.  So the death of the loan shark looks to be unintentional and may even be self-defense.

DR's dad then grabs the pile of money and in doing so, accidentally grabs the knife from the fruit tray.  As he's running away, the Brat's dad tries to stop him and DR's dad (with his arms full of cash and the knife) pushes against DR's dad with his chest and in that tussle, he accidentally stabs the Brat's dad.  So, I would say that there is no doubt that DR's dad killed the Brat's dad.  This was not a case of a mistaken identity or anything like that.  He is still fleeing the scene, although not so much the scene of a crime.  Except, he does steal the money so perhaps it is a crime.  Much murkier here, but I would still say that DR's dad is guilty of one homicide.

@jechoi1 you did refresh my/our memories of that incident where the Brat's dad just happened to be at the wrong place at a wrong time?  DR's dad out of sheer desperation to save his wife's life did the unthinkable but yes the Brat's dad got killed but might we say it was an accident? He was rushing to flee but i think if there's a jury present in all this, he won't plead guilty coz once again it was not intentional, even the loan shark guy's death was accidental!

This chapter of DR's dad's life will add fuel to the fire once the Wang family finds out and what about Go Rae's mom right? I'm sure all hell will break loose! :(

with regard to DR/WDR divorcing i just hope it won't happen!

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

So anyone else curious about DR's secret rescuer?  If he was going to be just a random character, there would be no reason to cast one that is handsome.  So is DR really going to divorce?  And will she end up with this new guy?  My initial reaction would be no, but I did see a Kdrama once where that happened.  The female lead met another male after fierce opposition from her boyfriend's mom and the new prince ended up marrying her.

Agreed. I hope he appears again.

The ex-prisoner is going to upset everything even further :( He knows about Kang's past and although he is indebted to him and wants to pay him back, he will complicate things more. I am so worried about what will happen in the next episodes. Why do Korean dramas have to create so many complex situations? :(

Archived