[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

@anita1303 @Nour Alhouda I just messaged both of you the link. Check your inbox.

Well, for the drama itself, I do feel like the writing is a bit lacking, too. The writer is the same writer for 'Blow Breeze' (2016), so I can't help but compare the two. I think it was also at this point in Blow Breeze that I started to not watch full episodes and just skim through a lot of it. I'm hoping it won't get as frustrating as Blow Breeze did. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, angelangie said:

because he murder a person...which was suppose to be accidental according to my mother....some said Driver Kang didnt do it.....but my mom said yes.....and when i was watching it ..... it did happen that he did it....so i'm confuse lols as i can see it was accidental and he was desperate as he need the money to save his wife.....

he was suppose to be in life sentence however he got out because he was on good behavior...

No, he definitely need it.  It may not have been premeditated, but he definitely killed someone.  I'm not sure how Korea breaks down its homicides, or if they break them down at all the way that it is done in the U.S.  But even in the U.S., I think that Driver Kang could have been charged and convicted of murder.  He went to the loan shark to get money, and when the loan shark wouldn't give it to him, they got into a physical altercation, which led to the loan shark hitting his head.  Driver Kang would have definitely been charged with murder and may have even been convicted because you could argue that it's well known that you don't go to a loan shark to have a nice chat over tea and it was pretty reckless of Driver Kang to get into a fight with the loan shark.  That would be like second degree murder.  Or, he could have been charged and convicted with manslaughter because although he didn't intend to kill the loan shark, his reckless act of getting into a fight led to his death and it's not so far out there that someone will hit their head in a fight and die.  Also, my memory is a little bad here, but I think that during the fight, or at the very beginning of it, Driver Kang picked up a knife or a letter opener or something.  That right there--threatening someone with a deadly weapon--which then results in death would pretty much get him convicted of murder.

Then there is the Brat's father.  I think that was a total accident?  As in he really didn't mean to do it, but it looked like perhaps the Brat's father ran into Driver Kang?  Regardless, it's still murder because now Driver Kang is fleeing the scene of a murder that he committed and he ends up killing someone else in the process.  Doesn't matter if he intended to or it was completely accidental.  At that point, he's guilty of murder, maybe even first degree at this point because it would be a felony murder.

So I sometimes get bogged down in little details, especially when a drama is slow.  In the last episode, did anyone else notice the books lining the shelves in President Wang's home office?  Multiple volumes of what looks to be Pride and Prejudice.  Great book that I love, but even I don't own multiple copies of the same edition.  This is definitely a case of someone buying books merely for their covers.

29 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

Then there is the Brat's father.  I think that was a total accident?  As in he really didn't mean to do it, but it looked like perhaps the Brat's father ran into Driver Kang?  Regardless, it's still murder because now Driver Kang is fleeing the scene of a murder that he committed and he ends up killing someone else in the process.  Doesn't matter if he intended to or it was completely accidental.  At that point, he's guilty of murder, maybe even first degree at this point because it would be a felony murder.

We don't actually see Kang killing him. He is lying on the floor stabbed. There is a mystery here. 

Personally I think Kang didn't kill Daya's father. If you think from the writer's point of view  (remember this is drama and the plot requires this), if Kang killed Daya's father, then how will he can face Daya, when she is Doran's sister in law?

This will cause complete separation between KDR and WDR, which will happen anyway if KDR chooses her dad over her husband. But at least there is a glimpse of hope if it turns out that Kang is not guilty of the second murder.

Since this is fiction, the complications of the climax needs a solution 

I know most viewers tend to consider the drama a piece of life,  and it is so, to a large extent. But still part of it is fiction and many of you already watched other dramas so, you know the techniques well by now. The idea of a  deus ex machina who interfers to solve everything 

Spoiler

Deus ex machina (Latin: [ˈdeʊs ɛks ˈmaː.kʰɪ.naː]: /ˈd.əs ɛks ˈmɑːknə/ or /ˈdəs ɛks ˈmækɪnə/;[1] plural: dei ex machina; English ‘god from the machine’) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and seemingly unlikely occurrence, typically so much as to seem contrived.[2][3] Its function can be to resolve an otherwise irresolvable plot situation, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or act as a comedic device. 

Wikipedia 

4 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

So I sometimes get bogged down in little details, especially when a drama is slow.  In the last episode, did anyone else notice the books lining the shelves in President Wang's home office?  Multiple volumes of what looks to be Pride and Prejudice.  Great book that I love, but even I don't own multiple copies of the same edition.  This is definitely a case of someone buying books merely for their covers.

I was also looking at it and was wondering if it came in multiple volumes like Harry Potter.  Since I have not read it, I just over looked saying it is a production faux paux.

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

Well, for the drama itself, I do feel like the writing is a bit lacking, too. The writer is the same writer for 'Blow Breeze' (2016), so I can't help but compare the two. I think it was also at this point in Blow Breeze that I started to not watch full episodes and just skim through a lot of it. I'm hoping it won't get as frustrating as Blow Breeze did. 

I watched Blow Breeze too and truly hated it.  I did not like the lying, cheating, conniving attitudes of both MIL and the evil schemes of the main female lead.  It was too much for me to handle.  But even though the writing is a bit lacking and the story line between the couple has become more of roomies, at least problems are getting resolved as they come up and even though it takes 1 or 2 episodes for that to happen, some of the lighter characters make it still watchable.  So, I think there is some improvement in this writer.  

@angelwingssf hello soompi chingoo remember me? i havnt been here in a while & this drama just made me come back here! i can't stop watching it! I'm just sad i'm quite behind and only on epis 25 but i believe i'm catching up slowly but surely! I love the couple plus i think Mr Kang in my view makes me watch this more! I think his charac here is somewhat sad but he's a great dad if ever he can only reveal his identity to Do Rana! I can't help but loath the fake mom and sis who are just a pain in the neck! I think i liked Do chul charac too who was so loving and cared about Do Ran!

Hello to everybody here & I urge to get uptodate with you all here! :)

13 hours ago, Ayame said:

@anita1303 @Nour Alhouda I just messaged both of you the link. Check your inbox.

Can I also get the link

9 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@angelwingssf hello soompi chingoo remember me? i havnt been here in a while & this drama just made me come back here! i can't stop watching it! I'm just sad i'm quite behind and only on epis 25 but i believe i'm catching up slowly but surely! I love the couple plus i think Mr Kang in my view makes me watch this more! I think his charac here is somewhat sad but he's a great dad if ever he can only reveal his identity to Do Rana! I can't help but loath the fake mom and sis who are just a pain in the neck! I think i liked Do chul charac too who was so loving and cared about Do Ran!

Definitely @hibiscus23.  How are you?  Glad to see known soompiers along with new ones here.  Love chatting.  This seems to be a decent drama.  Join me on "My Healing Love"  too.  Love that one too.  

20 hours ago, Ayame said:

@Ayame Can I have the link as well please?

Well thanks to Daya she'll try and use this against DR, I say she'll spring out the DNA test tell MIL that DR and The driver planned for her to marry WDR and a whoile lot of crap behind it.. She'll feel the need to want MIL back on her side only to have it all blow up in her face again.. WDR will tell his mom she found her father after all these years not knowing who her father was.. Pity will be taken upon DR and DY with her selfish actions will cause something terrible to happen.. She needs the spot light on her were she can bark authority..

I'm suprised by this writer, I thought she would atleast have greedy mama blackmailing DY and driver Kang to keep quute about him being her Dad.. 

Don't hold to much into the preview they could be misleading..  

3 hours ago, luvabe said:
On 1/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, Ayame said:

@Ayame Can I have the

http://kissasian.sh/Drama/My-Only-One

4 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Definitely @hibiscus23.  How are you?  Glad to see known soompiers along with new ones here.  Love chatting.  This seems to be a decent drama.  Join me on "My Healing Love"  too.  Love that one too.  

@angelwingssf I'm fine chingoo woah i know long time no hear/see here i've been terribly busy & since I cldnt find any good kdramas that tickled my fancy after watching Enemies from the Past which our other chingoo @sava2sava if i'm not mistaken was watching that too right? After that I tried others & didn't really got interested & dropped it after 2/3 episodes LOL but this drama awwww really made me back into the grind again & it's so nice seeing some of you here!

re this drama although i'm only on epis 29 as we speak, don't you guys hate that spoiled brat Da Ya? she's v v ambitious indeed so much so she even wanted to kick Do Ran? I don't know about you guys but I love this OTP plus I am a huge fan of Mr. Kang hahaha LOL he's a nice man and handsome for his age!

well I guess I wanna catch up w/you guys so I'll rant/rave here when I can! :)

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I'm suprised by this writer, I thought she would atleast have greedy mama blackmailing DY and driver Kang to keep quute about him being her Dad.. 

@sava2sava I thought the same . when I am watching this drama these days I thinks everybody personality change except the daughter and father , the writer keep write them in negative way .

I am with Daya when she complains why everyone start behaving differently and empathy with her even if she selfish they where reasons she was bad . I am not surprised she want to bring DR down . 

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I wasn't too surprised.  Yes, she's greedy, but she's more ignorant and for her, it's easier to blame DR for things (like MR being premature, not having enough money, husband dying) than to look at her own actions.  But, it's also like she said to DR--she can't ever let her in-laws know the truth about her dad.  Because Greedy SM knows that DR will be kicked out.  Who will Greedy SM go to for money then?  She won't go to MR because she doesn't want to burden MR's relationship or status.  But, she's used to burdening DR and she doesn't want that to end.

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@sava2sava I thought the same . when I am watching this drama these days I thinks everybody personality change except the daughter and father , the writer keep write them in negative way .

I am with Daya when she complains why everyone start behaving differently and empathy with her even if she selfish they where reasons she was bad . I am not surprised she want to bring DR down . 

I don't know that characters had that many unexplained personality changes.  Greedy SM has always been greedy and ignorant.  MR was a pretty girl with no real ambitions or drive and too weak to stand up for anyone.  I think she's changing recently, but it's for the better, and it's explainable with her growth as a person and her change as a married woman now.  I agree that DR has changed in that she is now no longer the spunky girl that she was when she thought that WDR was an unemployed pervert preying on rich women.  Daya was and still is a brat.  President Wang is still the nice man of reason.  And Mrs. Oh is still the same, too.  She's a bit air-headed and quick to be persuaded, but not really a bad person.

Personally, I don't see where Daya's complaints come from.  She says that she was "loved" before.  Well, of course.  She was the only daughter-in-law.  Also, Grandma continues to love her when she's not having an episode.  And DR was loved when she was just Secretary Kim, and the only person who didn't like her as a daughter-in-law was Mrs. Oh.  Nothing has really changed.  It's just typical Daya making excuses for when her schemes backfire on her, and not understanding that she's a brat.

I don't know that characters had that many unexplained personality changes.  Greedy SM has always been greedy and ignorant.  MR was a pretty girl with no real ambitions or drive and too weak to stand up for anyone.  I think she's changing recently, but it's for the better, and it's explainable with her growth as a person and her change as a married woman now.  I agree that DR has changed in that she is now no longer the spunky girl that she was when she thought that WDR was an unemployed pervert preying on rich women.  Daya was and still is a brat.  President Wang is still the nice man of reason.  And Mrs. Oh is still the same, too.  She's a bit air-headed and quick to be persuaded, but not really a bad person.

Personally, I don't see where Daya's complaints come from.  She says that she was "loved" before.  Well, of course.  She was the only daughter-in-law.  Also, Grandma continues to love her when she's not having an episode.  And DR was loved when she was just Secretary Kim, and the only person who didn't like her as a daughter-in-law was Mrs. Oh.  Nothing has really changed.  It's just typical Daya making excuses for when her schemes backfire on her, and not understanding that she's a brat.

Good evening, I agree  some characters didn’t change but There’s  no way the SM we first saw would have changed and keep her mouth shout and not thinking to get some money out off it , her first love is money , she will sell her soul for it , I don’t buy that she did it for her daughter . 

And about DaYa complaints she feel she lost a mother ,Not one but two , are we supposed to believe that because she search her room and accused her for theft she start caring for DR and ignoring her favorite and complain why She can’t cook .DaYa & Madam air head have been through so much and made so many bad decisions together so it’s hard for me to thinks little incident will change someone like that . Even she didn’t want to hear anything and that was weird ok I will understand if she didn’t follow DaYa lead but at least I expected her to be curious about what DaYa got . Also what make it worse for DaYa her mother as well not sharing with her why she agree with her brother marrying MR its silly but even ignoring her when she come home it’s hard because she was spoiled she didn’t except to be humiliated by her mother  . I easy to me believe a leopard can change its spot that that . I just dislike how fake it’s come cross everything so far . 

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Good evening, I agree  some characters didn’t change but There’s  no way the SM we first saw would have changed and keep her mouth shout and not thinking to get some money out off it , her first love is money , she will sell her soul for it , I don’t buy that she did it for her daughter . 

iirc, Greedy mama know that Mr Kang paid their debt. So, she felt thankfull for saving her life. And of course she doesn't want DR to be kicked off. at least she can show off that she is in law with Wang family.

chingoos i know i'm quite late watching this but i continue to be annoyed with those two women in this drama dae ryuk's mom and sis in law they don't seem to have better things to do! i used to admire this ahjumma from other dramas she was in but in this drama she is overacting, i can't stand her acting here sigh sigh :(  and this sis in law da ja? she's extremely jealous of Da ran that she'd do anything to be a menace in the family! I really like Chairman Wang, Ahjussi Kang, Madam Park aside from the OTP, i haven't been crazy staying late for a drama in such a long time & this really made me do it again LOL! Oh i like the new actor playing Go Rae - Park Sung-Hoon (he resembles my other idol Park hae jin) i think!

I'm happy to share that i'm slowly but surely inching my way since last nite i stopped at epis 43 and counting!

hopefully nxt time i'll be able to get into your chats here!

Archived