Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

@celebrianna @Ngoc Diep Tran @stargazer187 The writer for this drama (Kim Sa Kyung), did exactly that in her previous drama Blow Breeze in 2016. The characters were married for 10 or so episodes and then the female character asked for a divorce. For the next 15 episodes or so after that they were divorced until getting together again at the very last episode. I'm really hoping the writer does it different for this drama.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

The OTP getting divorced would cut against the grain of the lessons the drama writers are trying teach so I agree 100%. However, I do see Da Ya and Yi Rook either divorcing or separating before this drama is over. 

During yesterday's episode I was actually taking YE's side when she was scolding DY for spilling the family's laundry to her mother. I was screaming at the TV to DY's mother, "Tell your daughter to shut her mouth and quit calling you to vent!"

I just can’t see Yi Ryook and Da Ya divorcing. I have yet to see a recent family drama do this unless it was a bad relationship that existed before the drama started. Kind of like a couple divorcing shortly after the drama began to make way for the new love interest.  However, I certainly wouldn’t mind if the writer did indeed divorce Yi Ryook and Da Ya. 

@Ayame, were the OTP characters sweet like this OTP? I can’t see this OTP divorcing except for maybe if KDR feel inferior especially after her biological dad’s past is exposed.

• Like 7

@celebrianna Yeah, they were a sweet couple, although there were other factors as to why she asked for a divorce. She was being framed at work for something she didn't do (she was being framed by another character, who I guess is similar to DY-- but a lot more crazier). The MIL really did not like her at all, so she really tried to make the female character's life as miserable as possible after she got married. To be honest, after they got divorced, I skimmed through the drama since the OTP was the only thing good left about it lol. There are definitely things in Blow Breeze that are different from this drama, so I'm cautiously optimistic haha.

• Like 10

@Ayame, I would like to hope the writer learned from that experience if viewers were turned off by the story towards the end. The ratings for this show is very good and I hope the story doesn’t take a dive. We’re almost half way through it with story left to tell.

• Like 8

Pretty good episodes this week!

- You call that a honeymoon? If you say so... Pretty greedy with OTP being happy. 

- Love Aunt HJ! Now grandma BFF Shim Chun. I know she annoys some, but she’s my favorite! She makes me laugh with her English & no holds barred attitude. She doesn’t care about status. Just to bridge the gap with Mr. Kang, she’d set up a transport service! Lol The woman is in love!

- Can’t nosey grandma be quiet? I hope she knows more of Mr. Kang story to vouch he’s a good person. Dreading the truth bomb. Can’t someone just pull the pin out and get on with it?

-DY has to find out everything! I’m going to call her Reporter from now on & her mother Network. 

Next week again

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

i wish she goes back to school to be a lawyer and help her Dad that he's is not a murderer

• Like 6

I don’t know what WDR was fretting about. He was living the dream on his honeymoon imo. Just you and your girl by yourselves in that camper and it was her idea? What more could a guy ask for? Seriously? I would have been howling at the moon had it been me.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I don’t know what WDR was fretting about. He was living the dream on his honeymoon imo. Just you and your girl by yourselves in that camper and it was her idea? What more could a guy ask for? Seriously? I would have been howling at the moon had it been me.

I guess he envisioned his honeymoon differently. :lol: I sure would prefer a seaside honeymoon, in a beautiful hotel room with a balcony overlooking the sea, etc. I guess KDR’s taste are extremely simple. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

34 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

My favourite couple

During that scene my wife said those two are a perfect match. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

@Ayame @celebrianna I love the OTP so much that is why I won't be happy if the writer plan to separate them for more than 2 eps, what 10 or so?? I can't stand for that long. Or if the writer can make something like in other drama, I forgot the what it is. The OTP break up but they keep entangle and being sweet even after that. I can bear it then. 

But if the angst and the conflict are too depressing and draggy. I might jump to the other boat. Time to start a new. :lol: 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

But if the angst and the conflict are too depressing and draggy. I might jump to the other board. Time to start a new. :lol: 

I think it is time that the writers think through what kind of drama viewers would like instead of dragging the angst for the entire drama.  Then it would be better to watch only the last 4 episodes of the drama and you get everything.  

@stargazer187- I will join you in jumping ship.  I have already dumped love until the end, and secret and lies and I will dump this one too if they keep making our OTP suffer too much.  

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I guess he envisioned his honeymoon differently. :lol: I sure would prefer a seaside honeymoon, in a beautiful hotel room with a balcony overlooking the sea, etc. I guess KDR’s taste are extremely simple. 

Don't forget the bed :flushed:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

I think it is time that the writers think through what kind of drama viewers would like instead of dragging the angst for the entire drama.  Then it would be better to watch only the last 4 episodes of the drama and you get everything.  

@stargazer187- I will join you in jumping ship.  I have already dumped love until the end, and secret and lies and I will dump this one too if they keep making our OTP suffer too much.  

Don't forget the bed :flushed:

dont jump.....im sure they will make them suffer but they wont separate them i hope..... **FINGER CROSSING** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love until the end :/ meh.......not going to go into that :x

• Like 6

@angelwingssf hahaha... right. Same here I dropped some dramas as well and some are put on hold for the time being. 

I haven't seen the full episode of last night. I had to go for work so early today. Do we get any preview for next week? Or they leave us hanging as usuam?

• Like 5

I think writer nim will not make them suffer as the drama is coming to the end.  But the writer will show us how strong Do Ran character is.  She can with hold her belief towards her father aka Mr Kang and she will get full support from her husband and the grandma.

Hope for the best.  Do Ran and WDR couple fighting!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ranimah Abdullah said:

I think writer nim will not make them suffer as the drama is coming to the end.  But the writer will show us how strong Do Ran character is.  She can with hold her belief towards her father aka Mr Kang and she will get full support from her husband and the grandma.

Hope for the best.  Do Ran and WDR couple fighting!

at least WDR is there all the way for DoRan..... :)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ayame said:

The writer for this drama (Kim Sa Kyung), did exactly that in her previous drama Blow Breeze in 2016. The characters were married for 10 or so episodes and then the female character asked for a divorce. For the next 15 episodes or so after that they were divorced until getting together again at the very last episode. I'm really hoping the writer does it different for this drama.

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Staying together through thick and thin: The victory of united human spirits

In “Nameless Woman”, groom Doo-Chi married bride Yu-Ri, against his family’s opposition. When both had just declared their oaths, the police broke in and Yu-Ri, still in her wedding gown, was handcuffed and brought to prison (Yu-Ri was framed in a murder case). However, Doo-Chi went to the prison.  Although Yu-Ri asked him to leave, Doo-Chi once again, between bars, declared his undying love for her. The setting might be a prison; however, this is one of the best declarations of love.

When Yu-Ri was released, the first thing Doo-Chi did was to register their marriage. Since then, Doo-Chi’s family did a lot of awful things to them, like stealing their designs, tampering her products with undesirable chemicals, but they never split even once. They stayed together through thick and thin until the end of the serial.

There are a few other dramas, in which the main leads, once united, keeps staying together. These include “Five Enough”, “Father is Strange”, “Shining Eun-Soo”. These stories show the triumph of united human spirits in the face of adversaries.

Unfortunately, in most dramas, the main leads, when facing the highest difficulty, choose to split in the middle of the serials, in the mistaken belief that the split is the best action for the happiness of their beloved ones. Then, the following episodes just offer scenes in which the separated leads get lost in work, get drunk, or cries alone, and being miserable as they miss their beloved ones. They would only get to reunite at the last episode, often in the last minutes. While some scriptwriters may think otherwise, these dramas essentially show the losing side of the human spirit against adversaries. This may be the reason that many viewers are not happy. It is a mystery as to why many script writers, including in the famous “My Golden Life”, seem to choose this type.

I sincerely hope that “My Only One” would develop like “Nameless Woman” & similar dramas, in which Dae-Ryook and Do-Ran, whatever difficulties they may face, would stay and band together until the end of the serial.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasmine19 said:

I sincerely hope that “My Only One” would develop like “Nameless Woman” & similar dramas, in which Dae-Ryook and Do-Ran, whatever difficulties they may face, would stay and band together until the end of the serial.

yes true love is never easy and staying together till the end is always the hardest part....which was why Master Wang had asked WDR do u see yourself and DoRan till the end when he went to his son room the next morning after his confession that he will get married with DoRan.....

Master Wang had somehow foreseen that the fight ahead is not going to be easy....which is why when he gave his consent in the office to DoRan that he will approve of the marriage in between WDR and her.....he told her....go to WDR whenever you have difficulties....

and after he posted the question about her parentage ...he told WDR to go to DoRan to comfort her.....some how Master Wang is definitely an elder anyone will love to have at their sides....

6 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

maybe he just thought he can give her more.....and u know in Hawaii u get to see her wearing **ahem** :D rather than all bunddled up in the jackets and all :D;)

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

**ahem** hehehe u know what u can see in Hawaii 

crazy monkey 039

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I haven't seen the full episode of last night. I had to go for work so early today. Do we get any preview for next week? Or they leave us hanging as usuam?

Yes, we are left with yet another cliffhanger without any preview to hold us over! :bawling:

This was also my weekend to work but it didn’t stop me from checking this cracklistic show out (i.e snippets released via YouTube every Saturday & Sunday morning) before heading to work. Then when I come home from work, I can relax and enjoy the newly release episodes English subbed.

@angelangie DR’s bestie would be a perfect match for Secretary Hong! 

• Like 5