[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

watching recently episodes, i somehow dislike how the writer portray DR's character

In today society, woman should not just stay at home and do the house work. I hate that when DR's mom came and asked for money from DR, DR said she quit her job and only receiving allowance from her husband. You have to earn money for supporting yourself at least so others cant look down on you.

And in the upcoming eps, i saw Miran's mom has to kneel down on knees to beg Gorae's mom accept Miran, why???? what she did was wrong to ask for raising fee, but why you have to kneel down on you knees.

Dang it, that annoyed mother-in-law is suspicious of DR for stealing grandma's jewellery, and she searched the room what the hell is that

I just want DR, MR stay away from that family and live a new life even though i adore WDR alot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DORAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! Why can't you listen to your appa? Stop sneaking to his quarter at night time.... The Vampire Day Ya is out to get your blood and you gave her plenty of opportunities to suck you dry....:scream: 

Also, does anyone know where I can watch the special with English sub? Saw a clip and it looked like very funny. Unfortunately I am not able to open the KBS link one....:-(  Gumowo in advance chingu del....

Am I the only for whom it's gotten to the point now were I  don't care if DR and Mr Kang get caught. Like seriously how many near misses do you need before you grow a brain and adjust your behaviour accordingly.

So glad Dump MIL is realising Da Ya keeps dragging her into bother.

Ah MR, GR wedding was lovely. Wanna say it's karma that snooty Da Ya and Dump MIL ended with ppl the look down on as in-laws but DR and MR are such lovely souls they are blessings to those families.

Finally Finally Finally! Dumb and Dumber get a bit of a smack down to the point where Madam Airhead is starting to realize her favorite DIL is the toxic person in that house. You could see where DR’s husband was starting to hate his mother over how she was treating his wife.

DR was gracious as always in accepting her MIL’s apology. I have to admit I teared up during that scene.

I also loved where Madam Airhead told DY to start adressing DR with respect as her SIL. Of course it went in one ear and out the other. I’m hoping we’ll see DY kicked out of the house before it is over.

Like someone else said, I hope YR is having an affair with that employee. The writer has seemed to plant that seed.

It looks like mext weekend we get a damsel in distress episode with Kang-sam going to rescue Hong Joo? Love it!

Also it looks like DY accuses DR of having an affair with Kang-sam to EY. Hopefully, EY meant what she said in the last episode and shuts DY down giving DR the benefit of the doubt and just merely questions DR about it without accusing her of anything.

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Congrats to the cast of MOO. Seems like they got more recognitions for working so hard in making the drama being loved by many. 

Start at 3.15 - 4.24 for MOO best couple. She finally calls him oppa. Hahaha. WDR must be so happy. The host asked Uee whether there some moments that make her touched. She answered that during the winter he takes care of her well. Then the host also asked the same thing to LJW and he answered the same way like yes during the winter she helps him a lot. Sorry if the translation is not precisely correct. But that's much I can get. 

https://youtu.be/KRBvtEwXZlo

Start at 4.40

And congrats to Yoon Jin Yi, she deserved the award. She has done very awesome for portraying DY. I hate her character so much!!! I feel touched by her speech.  

I agree with you, Yoon Jin Yi did awesome job as Da Ya. There was time in the past I felt sorry for her and was trying to justify her behavior due to lost her dad in such a young age. However, I quit doing that as she's just simply bad.

Yoon Jin Yi said in her previous role in Gentleman's Dignity, her character was not a fave one and she was hoping in this drama people will see her in a different way, in a good way. Well girl, that aint gonna happen as you're playing it so good to the point Da Ya is just a character who people love to hate....

“I am so ashamed that I can’t seem to lift my head to face you.” Powerful words from EY to DR. Love that scene and it was done beautifully by both actresses. The apology from EY to DR was sincere, contrite and the turning point in a relationship I believe will be one of the most beautiful ones before this drama finishes.

Where is everyone? This forum is moving at a snail rate :frown: . Not sure how everyone feels about DR’s adopted mom but I just can’t with her.  I’m not yet convinced that she’ll stop mooching off or play the pity card to guilt trip DR for money. It’s painful to watch time after time     the way she mistreats DR. Like for instance when DR was about to get married, she not only asked money for raising DR but also revealed that DR was adopted. What person in the right mind would do a thing like that especially when she knows that WDR’s mom is not so fond of DR. But when her biological daughter wants to get marry, she goes asking WDR for money to marry DR’s “only sister” off. Funny how she only consider DR as her daughter when she needs money. 

It’s about time EY realized DY was the trouble maker and she went on her own to sincerely apologize to DR. I really hope this is a start for EY to redeem herself from all the idiotic things she done thanks to the instigator DY. 

52 minutes ago, emmaleigh said:

Where is everyone?

I guess everyone is still getting over the holidays. I agree with everything you said regarding DR's foster mom. I love the look EY gave in the preview when DY tries to tell EY something about DR and Kang-sam. It was a look of contempt and her tone was not pleasant when she asked DY if she thinks DR is having an affair. EY is finally coming to her senses that DY is the bad seed in that house not DR.  I think the combination of Halmoni's scolding and DY's backfired thief accusation is finally making the light come on in EY's head.

Happy New Year everyone!

I got a late start to this drama.  The upside of that is that I had a lot of episodes to binge watch!  Here's my take so far on the characters:

DR's Adopted Mom:  She won't change.  I don't think she's necessarily bad or evil, but she just doesn't know any better.  She seems to me to be a woman of mean and low understanding.  I don't think she had much education, either in school or just by her parents in terms of how to live.  She got married, became pregnant, and is looking forward to a life that she has planned out in her head when her husband suddenly shows up with a baby.  Surprise!  I promise it's not my love-child, but she's going to be our daughter from now on.  Maybe later in a marriage, she would have accepted that more.  But that early in their marriage?  I can see how that would be difficult.  Then, she does something mean our of spite and pinches the baby.  Baby cries, she is startled, and she gives birth prematurely to MR.  Infants are a LOT of work.  Premature infants are a LOT of work.  She can't even really focus on her premature infant because she has another infant at home.  And, I believe that MR was born at 7 months, and the reality of that is that MR is always going to be a bit weaker physically.  And, she may also have a harder grasp mentally in terms of school.  So is that DR's fault?  No.  But I think that MR's mom never got over her bitterness.  She never thought of DR as her daughter and it's clear that she still does not.

EY:  First, this actress is FANTASTIC.  I don't think her character is really bad.  She is just full of disappointment because she had a lot of hopes for her oldest son.  Every Korean parent.  So she gets a bit of a pass.  And, a lot of things hit her at once, such as her MIL's alzheimer's and even YR marrying DY.  At best, I think she is a bit naive and not very smart.  Right now, she is also festering in the bitterness of her disappointed dreams and hopes for DR and it really hasn't been that long since the wedding.  Once she gets over it (and I think her character is built to get over it unlike MR's mom), she will go back to being that air-headed but nice madam of the house.

KDR: I thought she was supposed to be smart, but girl, what are you doing?  Do you want to get caught?  And quite frankly, there is no bitterness at all that your dad just abandoned you with no explanation?  And that even after he knew that you were suffering on your own, he didn't reveal himself to you?  But again, do you want to get caught?  Buying him clothes (with what money, btw), buying him couple socks, strolling at markets and on the street arm-in-arm, sneaking into his house.  And why are you sneaking into his house?  You want to give him some hot tea, just go do it boldly like you aren't doing anything wrong.  Why act so suspicious like that?

DY:  Where do I even start with this useless waste of space and air?  She is breathing the limited clean air in this world and then releasing poisonous carbon dioxide every time she exhales.  Seriously.  What does she even do all day?  Sure, what does EY do all day, but she earned that right after taking care of house by herself for years before reaching her current comfort level.  But what does bratty DY do all day?  Before her marriage, I thought she worked as a florist, but she apparently doesn't even do that anymore.  I was just binge watching Bad Guys and one of the characters quotes Tolstoy to say something along the lines that making mistakes is the province of humans, but to justify/excuse your mistakes is the province of the devil.  Now, I am not calling DY the devil.  More, just making the point that DY is Ms. Excuses.  Or, Ms. But.  :)  She has an excuse for everything and everything is someone else's fault.  But, it's Grandma's fault for having alzheimer's.  But, it was EY's fault for actually listening to DY and searching DR's room.  But, it's DR's fault that everyone in the family likes her better.  Everything is someone else's fault.  It's ok to make mistakes, even big mistakes.  It's when you start blaming others and excusing your own behavior for your mistakes that there is something wrong.  I mean, her behavior was unbelievable!  Going up to MR and physically assaulting her then yelling like a banshee.  Telling her brother that she'll never see him again.  Walking out of the wedding.  Seriously, it's like EY rebuked her: she is putting her family and her upbringing in a bad light.  I have zero sympathy for this girl.  I want YR to divorce her because she has not had one pure motive for the duration of this drama.

3 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

EY:  First, this actress is FANTASTIC.  I don't think her character is really bad. 

Yes Cha Hwa Yun is a very talented actress. She plays a similar role in 100 Year Inheritance and absolutely nails that part as well. Everything I have seen her in she is fantastic. As a matter of fact, she is the reason I started watching this show. I am a late comer as well and started watching it after it had been on about a month when I saw her on the TV while my wife was watching.

I think your analysis of the characters is spot on. I have no words for DY. This chicky causes me to have outbursts at the TV at least once an episode.

Welcome to the thread and jump right in. It has been quiet this week probably due to the holidays but this show has quite a following here and this thread is usually hopping.

Archived