[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

So I really hate the moms in this show, except for Da Ya's mother. Her sadness and crying is justified but Dae Ryook's mother she is a bad friend. 

This is my first time watching a drama thats 50 episodes so I'm excited for it because the story is pretty interesting so far. Let's see if that changes! :)

Who else thinks that Dae Ryook looks cuter in the show? Never found him that attractive in I Do, I Do. :joy:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2018 at 1:30 AM, ck1Oz said:

Did I read right? Page 1 info  says she is an English major preparing for the teacher's  examinations.  However the comment here is about her becoming a prosecutor?

We are doing 6 degrees of separation  here? 

" She’s the best friend to the lady whose husband her biological father killed " I am trying to understand this sentence. Do Ran's father killed someone her future MIL is close to? Is this what you're trying to say? So the parental  opposition is that her son is interested in a murderer's daughter?

Just  checking  whether  to check this out. I am more concerned  I haven't  investigated the writer  yet.

I have watched (and fast-forwarded) quite a few of this writer's dramas.  The makjang part is unbearable, but the love lines are already the better written ones when compared to most Korean family dramas.

Actually, it is quite common that the character intro derivates from writer's originally planned. From what I get from the drama so far, Do-ran is a English Education major graduate who aspires to be a prosecutor, and currently job-hunting (and doing multiple part time jobs) to save enough money for post-baccalaureate law degree.

The (current/ potential) relationships in this drama are confusing; I can't understand why there's no relationship diagram from the official webpage.  Here's what I derived (correct me if I get the facts wrong), in case anyone wants to continue watching this drama:

korean_drama_uee_my_only_love.jpg

PS. I found the actor of Uie's birth father is quite strong in star appeal, despite in his 50s. Style-wise unlike the stereotypical parents in K family dramas.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:48 AM, 000231846597 said:

The (current/ potential) relationships in this drama are confusing; I can't understand why there's no relationship diagram from the official webpage.  Here's what I derived (correct me if I get the facts wrong), in case anyone wants to continue watching this drama:

PS. I found the actor of Uie's birth father is quite strong in star appeal, despite in his 50s. Style-wise unlike the stereotypical parents in K family dramas.

KBS and SBS never does relationship diagrams for their dramas, which is why there isn't one for this drama. Thanks for making this one though, it makes it easier to see everything like that.

Thank you for the chart @000231846597I am not clear why the star power father would have a relationship with the Ra Hong Ju ( I don't recall meeting this character unless I missed it)

I can hardly wait until Mi Ran starts having a real daughter-father relationship with Soo il (I think it is taking too darn long)

One last question, do you think there might be a hint of a relationship or interest between Da Ya's brother and Mi Ran?  

Hello everyone! I just marathon episodes 1-4 and man that was interesting! My last family drama is my golden life and here is a potent ion watch list! I love father and daughter relationship in this series not only because they are related by blood but they truly treat each other as a family. I like Doran’s adoptive father although he doted and give favor to Doran he somewhat neglected his father duty to his other daughter Mira. I know Mira is a spoiled brat thanks to her mother, but I feel that she has a lot of potential of character growth especially now her dad is dead and the mom will kick out Doran. Let them independent and stand on their feet. I appreciate the father of Doran and Mira when he apologized and say I love you to his daughter before he passed away, at least he redeem himself to his family; mother is a richard simmons even when her husband died, she is still selfish and not even working for the sake of her family. 

I’m looking forward to the potential love line of Doran and Dae-ryook, although there is nothing new to hate-at -first-sight -you’re -my -enemy -and -misunderstandings.... but it always sells to me! Hahaha! 

It click me as well the side characters like the grandma who has dementia, the classy upper bff ladies, or the happy-go-Lucky grandson. Well I’m looking forward to all their character development. 

By the way I belive that the father didn’t intentionally killed the second man, because he accidentally picked up the knife when he took all the money.

Anyway I need to catch up with the rest of the episodes so see you all around! This will be a long ride! 

12 hours ago, smhelen said:

Thank you for the chart @000231846597I am not clear why the star power father would have a relationship with the Ra Hong Ju ( I don't recall meeting this character unless I missed it)

I can hardly wait until Mi Ran starts having a real daughter-father relationship with Soo il (I think it is taking too darn long)

One last question, do you think there might be a hint of a relationship or interest between Da Ya's brother and Mi Ran?  

I actually guessed the potential love relationships by cross-referencing this poster with the portrait photos on the official webpage:

My-Only-One-Poster2.jpg

The character introduction webpage of MBC:
http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/myonlyone/pc/detail.html?smenu=e126f2

I believe some of the characters haven't been on board yet, like Hong Sil's sister. The storylines for supporting characters would probably be dealt with in later episodes.

A few characters I do not like in this drama.. a. So Yang Ja, what an awful woman. From the very beginning she never tried to give any compassion to Do Ran and continued to think the child was her husbands until she did a DNA test. Her abusive and ugly attitude to an innocent child her greediness and grasping behavior was a mess. I knew as soon as I saw Do Chul get on that scooter he would end up dying and that witch would blame Do Ran simply because she is not going to admit she is the catalyst for it all. If she had not gotten mad that the man wanted to send Do Ran abroad over Mi Ran that never would have happened. At no point did she or her daughter do anything to work to help pay for that trip abroad that Mi Ran felt she needed so much. Maybe if they had not listened at doors and flew off the handled perhaps the man would have said he would send them both abroad for school. Instead her hateful mind told Do Ran she was not his child and the man went out to look for her loosing his life. 

I could tell the min that they sold the shop and anything else they would end up swindled and it seems in episodes 13-14 next week So Yang-Ja will find out she was swindled. The woman she was with was so quick to have her stamp those papers after the funeral I said to myself that this witch will loose it all wait and see just for karma. She was so hateful to Do Ran this is going to be her payback. Unfortunately they will eventually want to find Do Ran again. With no money and no will to truly work and take care of themselves they will show up again. it is possible they could end up loosing that house and will want to lay up on her. They will try to mess everything good that Do Ran has wait and see. 

Imagine thinking that someone leaving money meant that her husband was owed money. I see a good lesson outside of being swindled coming for this woman. (At least I hope so.) 

b. Oh Eun Young what a childish woman, sure she has had to toe the line to her mother in law but come on she is so immature and self centered. Imagine thinking your family would be effected by the woman's husbands death or what is she going to do about her mother in law having dementia. Its like she sees everything as a personal affront to her life. I hope this woman has a big lesson coming. 

C. Jang Da-Ya this girl has the attitude of being a spoiled brat. Sure I understand she grew up without a father. But at the same time I saw trouble maker. She is very bold and pushy. I know she wants to marry that man since they have been dating awhile but she knew his attitude about marriage and in the last episodes she still showed up at his house to see his grandmother without talking to him then wanted to go to his room to "tidy up" whoa there Missy... you are not married yet nor was the wedding officially back on. Even the way she talked to her mother was wrong. I knew if she found out her father was murdered there would be no reasoning with her she would become a problem and want everyone to pity her. Its very hard to want to know why the situation happened and by the time every one calms down to learn that it was a very bad accident and the man feels remorseful and guilty for what happened a lot of pain and hateful words and actions will be heaped on innocent people who will be tainted by the same brush just because of a blood tie.

I do not dislike Ra Hong Sil, I understand she lost her husband. It will take a lot for her to forgive and learn it was an accident. Kang Soo-Il did not mean to kill him I could see that in the flashback. Two families were effect from that incident. They lost a husband and father but Do Ran lost her father as well from that and was almost sent to an orphanage instead she ended up with a good man with a hateful wife who abused her and favored her child over Do Ran. 

I understand what Kang Soo-il is wanting to do not allowing Do Ran's future to be tainted by what he did and paid for. The guilt of his crime is eating at him as is having to give up his daughter. Unfortunately like he says no secret stays hidden and his past will come out as well as being Do Ran's bio dad. Its going to hurt her anyway because there are so many hateful , selfish, self centered , spiteful and evil people around that his past will not stay buried and it will be used against Do Ran. I like him and can see he is remorseful for what happened its too bad that his one act of desperation caused harm to himself, his daughter and another family. 

What a tangled web of future connections. How can Do Ran end up married into that house when her father was once the driver or the killer of the younger sister in laws father? How can he end up with the sister in law of the man he accidentally murdered? I look forward to the future episodes but I know its going to be a long time before Do Ran ever has any happiness in her life. 

<iframe width="600" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5cBIX28DqAE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

Nice song! I think this song was also featured in another drama, cant recall which. Thanks 0ly40!

@Ldy Gmerm, I agree on a lot of your points. I have to say I see a lot of pain in store for Do Ran. I already predict all the family members will oppose her getting together with Dae Ryook once they find out her birth secret. Even the people who are kind to her now in his family and treat her gratefully will undoubtedly oppose their relationship. That’s just how these things transpire in these weekend drama. That’s why I can understand why her biological dad will contemplate running away from her now but I know he will come around. I see a lot of ugliness to come. Poor Do Ran. I like her biological father too but I suppose this is something he has to face. 

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Ldy Gmerm, I agree on a lot of your points. I have to say I see a lot of pain in store for Do Ran. I already predict all the family members will oppose her getting together with Dae Ryook once they find out her birth secret. Even the people who are kind to her now in his family and treat her gratefully will undoubtedly oppose their relationship. That’s just how these things transpire in these weekend drama. That’s why I can understand why her biological dad will contemplate running away from her now but I know he will come around. I see a lot of ugliness to come. Poor Do Ran. I like her biological father too but I suppose this is something he has to face. 

Its sad that everyone that started to like Do Ran will turn against her even though they know she is not part of it or even knew anything about it. She was just a baby and she lost her mother and father at the time that happened. But blood ties will make these people hate her and mistreat her hurting her. All of them know that she is a nice girl but that will go out the window when the birth secret and his past comes out to hurt him and her once again. 

After my golden life, I am really reluctant to join in the long family drama... whats more, 100eps!!!!  But as fate calls, I am too fast for the dramas upload, so i tune into ep 1, and here I am! Waiting for every Sat/Sun!!!! terrible! Wow! The evil adoptive mother, the naive 'pretty' mother who talks without thinking, the OTP couple first meeting to falling in love, and all the funny side characters learning and growing up..... <sign> ..... no choice, I have to  join all of you for the next few months of roller coaster! Fighting! No doubt, everything will turns out fine and our Do Ran will finally find true love and happiness! 

12 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

I believe some of the characters haven't been on board yet, like Hong Sil's sister. The storylines for supporting characters would probably be dealt with in later episodes.

Ahhhh. A smart deduction. And to your previous point, I did not look at the MBC website.

Thank you for your explanation. 

20 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Its sad that everyone that started to like Do Ran will turn against her even though they know she is not part of it or even knew anything about it. She was just a baby and she lost her mother and father at the time that happened. But blood ties will make these people hate her and mistreat her hurting her. All of them know that she is a nice girl but that will go out the window when the birth secret and his past comes out to hurt him and her once again. 

True and we already saw how Dae Ryook’s mom reacted to his younger brother marrying Da Ya whose father was killed. Just wait until she finds out about Do Ran and her dad and more particularly so if Do Ran and Dae Ryook starts a serious relationship with the potential of marriage. It’s painful just thinking about all the disdain that Do Ran and her dad will face so I really hope there’s some cheerful moments before everything is revealed.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, celebrianna said:

True and we already saw how Dae Ryook’s mom reacted to his younger brother marrying Da Ya whose father was killed. Just wait until she finds out about Do Ran and her dad and more particularly so if Do Ran and Dae Ryook starts a serious relationship with the potential of marriage. It’s painful just thinking about all the disdain that Do Ran and her dad will face so I really hope there’s some cheerful moments before everything is revealed.

I really don't like Dae Ryook's mom - I love it when the grandma goes into her dementia periods cause it's so funny to see her call her a wench lol ( I guess I'm kinda mean). And like you said once they find out about the killer and Do Ran's connection - lots  of things will go down. 

Archived