Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

I don't like Mr.Kang reaction againts Do Ran and Dae Ryeok relationship. Even though he just act as a dad protected his daughter but he's the one who left Do Ran and give her to orphanage. Even when he's out of jail he still don't want to see Do Ran and said to Mi Ran's dad that Do Ran should not know about him. Now he become heroes from nowhere. If he loves DR as his daughter he should not do like that after what he's done to her. 

I feel more heartwarm of father-Daugher  when Do Ran with Mi Ran's Dad than Do Ran with her real dad. 

@peggygordon  I understand Mr. Wang actions and it have been better if she did grow up in and orphange.. Mr. Wang consider all posibility when giving her up if he shows up now as her father what coud he say to her when she ask him about his abandonment..  How could he explain to his daughter that he was in prison for accidently killing a man.. Mr. Wang really trying to keep her from being shuned by society he never meant to be this close to her he was willing to help her from a far.. But fate always plays trick on us.. As he said himself nothing stays a secret.. I think he would probably quit once the marriage is a go.. 

I do have a feeling step mom will cause trouble again.. She's going to think that she cxould live the same life as the brat mother lives and go and take another loan especially if she learns that Dr is dating the owners eldest son.. 

50 minutes ago, RobinM said:

He had too. She would have been labeled as a criminals daughter and that has a real stigma in Korean Society where your family history and parents can  effect your chances of getting a better job and marrying into a good family. Once the truth comes out about her father  His mother and Da Ya will raise holy hell about bad blood, being a gold digger and letting a person like Do Ran even near  DR . Even Grandma and dad will probably have reservations because that is the culture. 

@RobinM  I don;t think G/ma and the chairman would being she was raised by someone else.. The chairman would understand by the way Mr. Wang carries himself and he would see it as he paid his debt and he didn't come back into society being a screw up..

It's The Stigma Of Korean Society Everyone

• Like 6

@celebrianna I'm getting impatient with him too. I think when his secret reveals later, It will hurt DR even more. The writer might choose this set up for DR to portray the same real problem of DR happens out there. How the family has to be another victim of the bad deed of their family member. I am sure the obstacles will come first from team MIL and DY. And it goes to the other as this issues is kind of culture. And we might have to witness those annoying angsty moment happen to DR. And I am also worried that her mom and MR will once again abandon her and save themselves. And in the amidst of the mess, a plot twist like DR's late mom is actually daughter of Myeong Hee. Hahaha.. just maybe. But I don't expect that to happen cause it'll be another ending for DR couple love line. Or DY's dad isn't a good guy as well. I wonder if he is a dentist, how could he ended up in that place. Well, maybe his clinic is there or something. Idk, I'm having a gut feeling that maybe be there's more than what we've seen from that accident flashback. 

• Like 6

So I’m so behind on the episodes (right now I’m on episode 15-16:lol:) but I love how Dae Ryook is so confused on why he’s so nervous around Kim Do Ran :joy: man I want a Dae Ryook!!! 

And I would love that plot twist @stargrazer187 about stepmom and Myeung Hee and grandma! 

• Like 5

@celebrianna @sava2sava

Somehow I have a feeling this drama has few missions, trying to change the stigma of an ex-convict and giving the caregiver of dementia’s patients a heads up. Both are difficult and sensitive subject and not only need family to be strong and open minded, also need society to be one as well. Previous drama already open up the door to this sort of “new” knowledge and they need to push it to another level. In my country we have a lot of programmes for ex-convict to integrate to society and most of us especially the youngsters are okay with it l, the elder still divided but they somehow on the level of accepting now. I think that’s what the writer aim with the drama. 

I just hope there are no super sad scenes ahead, the last tears I dropped caused me a quite sick week, please writer-nim, don’t give us a super sad heartbreaking scene(s). 

@msaamia you will hooked more after episode 20 :D

By the way, I like how grandma pulled DY’s mother’s hair too! Don’t mess with grandma! 

• Like 6

@stargazer187, for KDR’s sake we can only wish that there is more to the story. There are certain things that are still fact though. Mr. Kang stole the money. Mr. Kang was involved in the death of a person. Even if Hong Sil’s husband wasn’t an upstanding citizen, Mr. Kang still precipated the death of a human being. I’m not sure if the loan shark died too. Even for his death, it could still be considered manslaughter. I don’t know when it becomes self defense versus manslaughter in Korean law. 

I wonder if her stepmom and Mi Ran would indeed abandon her. It is complicated because Mi Ran is now getting closer to Go Rae and his father was the dentist. If say Mi Ran learns of what happened to Go Rae’s father and how his premature death impacted Go Rae especially since he’s a boy and obviously followed in his father’s footsteps, I think Mi Ran will feel torn. On the other hand, KDR’s stepmom might actually ask Mr. Kang to leave KDR alone because she and Dong Cheol raised and fed her so they’re really Do Ran’s parents instead of him. I remember in Marry Me Now forum thread there was some discussion about how an adopted child should be considered just as much the child of a parent even without blood ties and blood ties shouldn’t be more important. Perhaps this issue might be raised in this drama. Also, maybe the stepmom would think differently because they received Do Ran as a baby and saw that innocent child grow into a woman untouched by anything sordid or criminal in the world. Then again, I don’t know if I’m hoping for too much from her.

I suspect in the end they will all work out their issues but it will be a lot of headaches to get there.

@oktatwork, yes I agree that the writer’s goal are those two things you mentioned. My problem with the ex-convict angle is placing Do Ran so close to the victims. It’s almost twisted. What about the writer penning the storyline of Hong Sil’s sister pursuing Mr. Kang. That’s just crazy to me. I can see conflict happening in three of the lovelines.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, oktatwork said:

@celebrianna @sava2sava

Somehow I have a feeling this drama has few missions, trying to change the stigma of an ex-convict and giving the caregiver of dementia’s patients a heads up. Both are difficult and sensitive subject and not only need family to be strong and open minded, also need society to be one as well. Previous drama already open up the door to this sort of “new” knowledge and they need to push it to another level. In my country we have a lot of programmes for ex-convict to integrate to society and most of us especially the youngsters are okay with it l, the elder still divided but they somehow on the level of accepting now. I think that’s what the writer aim with the drama. 

I just hope there are no super sad scenes ahead, the last tears I dropped caused me a quite sick week, please writer-nim, don’t give us a super sad heartbreaking scene(s). 

@msaamia you will hooked more after episode 20 :D

By the way, I like how grandma pulled DY’s mother’s hair too! Don’t mess with grandma! 

@oktatwork My country always been a free thinking society.. We deal with our Ex- convits as such.. We have all sorts of different programs to help them migrate back into society.. We even have programs for sex offenders.. So if this is wehere this drama is headed I like to see how the writer to get to the acceptance part of it.. It's going to be a challenge..

DY mom deserved to have her hair pulled she but into something she has no business to.. If she was a wonderful mother that she portrayed herself to be should be teaching her daughter not to try and compare herself nor have the attitrude that she'll be Mdm of Bom Foods.. As I said before she married the wrong brother for this..  It's always the eldest son and wife that lives with the parents..Do she thinks when he gets married he and wife will be moving out wrong.. Even if he moves out the title still goes with him and the wife.. One can tell she's been a shallow thinker all of her life so what can we expect She's a girl that never had to lift her fingers to do anything and she sure as hell on fire no nothing about running a home.. She has a lot of learning and growing to do.. But it would be nice to see her trying to set up a house and run it without her moms help..

32 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

for KDR’s sake we can only wish that there is more to the story. There are certain things that are still fact though. Mr. Kang stole the money. Mr. Kang was involved in the death of a person. Even if Hong Sil’s husband wasn’t an upstanding citizen, Mr. Kang still precipated the death of a human being. I’m not sure if the loan shark died too. Even for his death, it could still be considered manslaughter. I don’t know when it becomes self defense versus manslaughter in Korean law. 

@celebrianna  It might be a twist in this part of the story line that we learned that DY father wasn't the upstanding citizens he has been portrayed to be..  Off to ewatch the raw version of today's episode.. Also are you watching My healing love ? Another good weekend drama..   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  It might be a twist in this part of the story line that we learned that DY father wasn't the upstanding citizens he has been portrayed to be..  Off to ewatch the raw version of today's episode.. Also are you watching My healing love ? Another good weekend drama..   

Personally I don’t think it matters whether he was an upstanding citizen. His life is just as important as an innocent person’s life. It’s a very scary thing when we begin to devalue the life of anyone else no matter what they have done. For instance, I don’t think the death penalty is given out lightly. I think it is used when someone has committed an extremely horrendous act. I think when judges rule that way, they take it very seriously because it’s a decision that determines life or death of a person.

I didn’t like the premise of Healing Love so I haven’t watched it. I know it’s the lead actress from the drama Five Children, which I loved though.

• Like 3

Just watching some clips KBS shared. I am glad that DR refused EY and DY's request to return as haelmoni caretaker. And oh that rude wench is really the worst, how could she brags to increase the money?? Whose money she'll use? Her? I doubt. She acts like she is the one who has it. I am glad that EY didn't let it slide and scolds her right away. Dumb DY. Even her mon is in her right mind this time. Those DIL and MIL are the dumb and dumber. 

Oh.. no what happens to DR?? Please writer don't try to make her having an amnesia here. Noooo... Her head hits the tree very hard. I wonder will she need a surgery later? And then they look for suitable blood type for her? It fits to Kang ahjussi. Ah.. this will be another ticket for the secret to get exposed soon. 

@celebriannaoh I'm hoping the same way too. Hope mom won't at least make the same mistake she did. I hope she would more empathic to DR. I mean, we see that she has that genuine love for her despite of her selfishness and ambition.

As for Kang, I agreed. Those facts are remained. Sigh.. I can't bear to see DR's world will fall apart when that doomsday comes to her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@stargazer187, Omo, I didn’t see that clip before. Please let her be okay. I hope they do thorough check up on her to make sure there’s no bleeding or swelling. :scream:

About “dumb and dumber” as you so nicely put it @stargazer187, I’m glad KDR refused them. I hope Chairman Wang find out that they tried to pay her off.

• Like 4

@celebrianna In one of the clips those dumb duo come over to whine at HS. EY got a call from her house telling that Secretary Kim is coming to meet haelmoni. It looks like Chairman Wang polite request melts DR's heart. We know DR refused them because of what they did to her before. They didn't realize that it's not about money but they treat her as lowly worker that they can pay and order to do as they like. So ungrateful! I like when HS told DY to not put more problems. She'd should be grateful that she doesn't have to take care of haelmoni because of Secretary Kim. HS should teach DY and she'd better to think before saying anything out loud. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Personally I don’t think it matters whether he was an upstanding citizen. His life is just as important as an innocent person’s life. It’s a very scary thing when we begin to devalue the life of anyone else no matter what they have done. For instance, I don’t think the death penalty is given out lightly. I think it is used when someone has committed an extremely horrendous act. I think when judges rule that way, they take it very seriously because it’s a decision that determines life or death of a person.

I didn’t like the premise of Healing Love so I haven’t watched it. I know it’s the lead actress from the drama Five Children, which I loved though.

@celebrianna  Give it a try, Yes your are correct life is life regardless to how one choose to live they life..  I still find something fishy about his trail.. Maybe the witness was a friend of his.. DR with her past education in the law might reinvestigate the case..

26 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Just watching some clips KBS shared. I am glad that DR refused EY and DY's request to return as haelmoni caretaker. And oh that rude wench is really the worst, how could she brags to increase the money?? Whose money she'll use? Her? I doubt. She acts like she is the one who has it. I am glad that EY didn't let it slide and scolds her right away. Dumb DY. Even her mon is in her right mind this time. Those DIL and MIL and the dumb are the dumber. 

@stargazer187  What tee me off is that the brat don;t want to take responsibility for any of it she let MIL take the blame for it all and offering her a cup of coffee isn't going to make her husband treat her any different.. All she say's is sorry ommani  .. When both MIL and DIl duo arrived at DO Ran house I wouldn't have allowed her in.. I would have told her anyone with rude behavior as hers are not allowed in and besides this hime is beneth you so no your not allowed in keep your rude self at home instead of coming here..

20 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@stargazer187, Omo, I didn’t see that clip before. Please let her be okay. I hope they do thorough check up on her to make sure there’s no bleeding or swelling. :scream:

About “dumb and dumber” as you so nicely put it @stargazer187, I’m glad KDR refused them. I hope Chairman Wang find out that they tried to pay her off.

I think the Chairman and the man that lives on the second floor (the eldest son) finds out about what she did.. Halmoni crack me up when she him that

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

What tee me off is that the brat don;t want to take responsibility for any of it she let MIL take the blame for it all and offering her a cup of coffee isn't going to make her husband treat her any different.. All she say's is sorry ommani  .. When both MIL and DIl duo arrived at DO Ran house I wouldn't have allowed her in.. I would have told her anyone with rude behavior as hers are not allowed in and besides this hime is beneth you so no your not allowed in keep your rude self at home instead of coming here..

Those two are so rude. But the worst is still DY. Ohhhh... I really hate hate hate her sooooo much. Hahahaha

EY always glad to take the blame and keep saying a good praises over her in front of her husband. I think she is more worried if DY whines to her mom again. 

Haha... the coffee part is her most powerful skill to melt her heart. Lol.

DR left her outside without offering them to talk inside the house. She noticed how rude DY. Seriously, I wamt to pull out his hair like Haelmoni did to the cunning nurse. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:
28 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I hope Chairman Wang find out that they tried to pay her off.

I think the Chairman and the man that lives on the second floor (the eldest son) finds out about what she did.. 

Oh @celebrianna I hope Kang ahjussi will tell him or the lady ahjumma, Mrs. Cho, she is kinda their informant. 

@sava2sava the man that live on the second floor, nice call, haelmoni called him that way is so cute to hear. I wonder that how many floors does the house have? Random question, hahaha

• Like 7

@stargazer187, yes I saw all 12 clips on DramaKBS YouTube earlier this morning but that particular channel hadn’t posted the clip where Do Ran fell while saving grandma. The clip of the three persons were included as they discussed Do Ran in the living room. I do wonder if this accident is meant to expose Mr. Kang or WDR because both men will probably be unable to restrain their obvious affection for Do Ran. The other characters will probably find out about one of them.

@sava2sava, I’m very glad to hear Chairman Wang found out about the payoff. It’s like “dumb and dumber” is actively working against him and I hope he will soon make the decision to kick the young couple out of his house. Let them go live on their own because all the added chaos in the house has stemmed from Da Ya. Dealing with grandma’s illness alone is enough of a trial but added to that now is a troublemaker in the form of their no-good DIL.

• Like 7

@stargazer187, at least I hope they show a preview today. I’m so scared that KDR will end up having medical issues because of this. I hope there’s no tumor or swelling of the brain plot line in this.:confounded:

I also realize that KDR saving grandma makes the family even more indebted to her so maybe this will be a factor to her benefit when the truth about her biological father comes out.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Those two are so rude. But the worst is still DY. Ohhhh... I really hate hate hate her sooooo much. Hahahaha

EY always glad to take the blame and keep saying a good praises over her in front of her husband. I think she is more worried if DY whines to her mom again. 

Haha... the coffee part is her most powerful skill to melt her heart. Lol.

DR left her outside without offering them to talk inside the house. She noticed how rude DY. Seriously, I wamt to pull out his hair like Haelmoni did to the cunning nurse. :lol: 

@stargazer187  What both fails to realizes is this man left his for business trip knowing that he could trust one person to look after his mother and he could feel comfortable and conduct his business.. These two witches turned his house upside down over night and jeapordized his mom life.. Chairman isn't going to feel comfortable about any trips that requires him to stay gone overnight..

DY is still making this all about her. Wow I;m trying to figure out what do she expects him to do forget about his mom and show her all this attention.. Yes she would be happy with that.. I have a feeling that DY may have had other girls liking him during there school days.. Dy the attention persons that she is wasn't happy with that because everybody has to focus on her.. God forbide if she isn't first. She must have heard some girls talking about being Mdm Of Bom Foods is probably were she got the idea to date YY and marry him..    

The house has Two levels. as far as I know of.. She also called him a knight:lol:..

33 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I’m very glad to hear Chairman Wang found out about the payoff. It’s like “dumb and dumber” is actively working against him and I hope he will soon make the decision to kick the young couple out of his house. Let them go live on their own because all the added chaos in the house has stemmed from Da Ya. Dealing with grandma’s illness alone is enough of a trial but added to that now is a troublemaker in the form of their no-good DIL

No @celebrianna  He hasn't found out but I think he should find out about DY behavior behind his back.. Mom and MIl needs to stop shielding her.. The more they shield her the more she's being set up for a bigger heartbreak.. DY is the type of person to take Halmoni off in a right mind and as soon as she flip the script instead of calling for help she'll leave her and all thats in her mind is she won't have to see DR in the house anymore.. She could careless if the chairman is loosing sleep or anything.. It would be only DR that would spend sleepless nights with the chairman worrying about where she is.. Hoping the writer has added something like this to the storyline.. I hate to see halmoni put in such a position atleast this would be the straw that breaks the camels back.. I have a feeling halmoni will be lost in this plot.. 

The housekeepers or no one pays attention to whats going on around there.. Halmoni could easly get up and just walk out the door and no one will notice until it's time for her to eat.. This happens a lot with people that has her sickness..

• Like 4

@sava2sava, I think it’s very important for Chairman Wang to find out that they tried to pay off KDR. He needs to find out the level of insults KDR has endured repeatedly from “dumb and dumber”. I had hoped that KDR would give him the envelope and tell him that she can’t accept it. I suppose it would be embarrassing for both him and her to endure that moment but I think it’s necessary. In that way KDR makes it even clearer to the family that she’s not “working” for them but Bom and Foods.

As far as WDR and KDR, from the clips today it seems like KDR has rejected him. I wonder what will happen if WDR gives up. Heh. I frankly think it would be interesting to see that but I suppose it would make his love seem shallow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I hope she'll be fine. But well maybe the writer plans that so. DR didn't do any mistake. No preview really? Sighh

There was a preview.  I see DR getting off WDR's car.  She seems to be doing well.  

The raw episode is out and has been for more than an hour.  FYI.  

• Like 3