[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

As much as I like WDR, I don’t want DR to have to deal with the MIL or DY again or just the MIL if DY and her husband were to divorce. But since it’s likely that WDR and DR will end up together, I would prefer it to take time (which would probably mean a time jump even though I hate time jumps) during which DR can go back to school and become an attorney and become more confident and assertive.

Holy moly at the ratings. Wonder if they will hit 50% for the finale? 

KBS #MyOnlyOne: 44.1% | 49.4%

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, qynn said:

As much as I like WDR, I don’t want DR to have to deal with the MIL or DY again or just the MIL if DY and her husband were to divorce. But since it’s likely that WDR and DR will end up together, I would prefer it to take time (which would probably mean a time jump even though I hate time jumps) during which DR can go back to school and become an attorney and become more confident and assertive.

Holy moly at the ratings. Wonder if they will hit 50% for the finale? 

KBS #MyOnlyOne: 44.1% | 49.4%

I am confident that they will.  It will be just weird if they don’t.  Especially on the last episode, everyone wants to know what’s the ending, haha. 

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

WDR  deserve happiness just as much as anyone else , Its very unfair to use his family as some, bludgeon against him like they did with her dad against her

I agree but I hope they move out. It would be a happy ending if WDR and Doran live with Kang and HJ.

After watching with subs, the most powerful scene was Kang-sam telling the Wangs off. Loved it! Now Mr Wang doesn’t have a choice. He has to get the doctor to sedate his mother when she has a dementia episode. He really hates that.

It looks like the writer has set things up for the kumbaya ending. I think there will probably be a time jump with DR finishing law school and then getting back together with WDR. From the preview we see WDR telling his mother off.I think it wll take him finally making a move and leaving his family before his mother pipes down. I think it will take her losing her son to DR before she realizes her mistakes.

I am hoping that DR moves on the leaves this part of her life behind her.  It a man cannot protect his wife from abusive family members and does not consider the pain she has to endure he does not deserve her. I don't know of anyone who wants a mama boy.

So I have a big problem with how Kang and HJ love story is presented.  I can understand DR and WDR’s love story. Neither of them knew about Kang’s past and they fall in love and got married, but now divorced.  And this is mostly complaining on the writer more than the character.  I got so mad at last night’s episodes that my blood boiled.  You know, HJ was kept in the dark this whole time about Kang’s past.  And Kang knew it this whole time.  Now had HJ knew about this, I don’t think she would’ve continued with this relationship.  Also, I thought what should’ve happened was, after Kang had fall in love with her, which he knew, he should’ve told her his situation to HJ right away, like way before both of them fell in love.  Now that they like each other so much, but HJ can’t just drop him like a hot potato, right? So I seriously thought that this was a poorly written on writer’s part. 

I have no idea what HJ did to the writer, but HJ, thru out this whole drama, she has done nothing but nice and patient with Kang, not to mention she has to keep apologize to Kang and DR on behalf of her family, well maybe not in the beginning.  And to have not just her sister not accepting her child, but also gets rejected by Kang, which I thought was so not fair to her.  I know Kang loves her, but it really made it feel like Kang cared more about his daughter’s feeling more than HJ’s.  

Another thing is, I also understand her sister’s position, that even though she forgave him, but accepting him into the family and the child is another story, that’s why HJ has no choice but to break up with him for the better of her child’s future and what did HJ do that’s so wrong to deserve all this, i have no idea.  That’s why it is so maddening.  Now had this been a real life story, I don’t think I can accept it because no matter what, I will think Kang is wrong in this situation.  Of course he also tried really hard to keep a distance away from her, but you just can’t hide your feelings, right? 

All that I want to know is if Yi-Ryook got caught by Daya. Please, Drama Gods make her suffer and suffer badly. I also Daya's mother in law is a stupid dingbat. And I hope Don Ran gives Wang Dae-Ryook a run for their money.   

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

To be honest, I'm also fine with DR ending up by herself, too. She doesn't need a man to complete her. I would like to see HJ and Kang together again, since they do love each other and they're about to have a baby together. Kang needs to let HJ tell him about their child rather than thinking that he can sacrifice himself in some way and everything will be fine. That is the dumbest thing I've heard, for him to leave DR and HJ. It's one thing when they didn't know about him. It's another now that they know him and are involved with him. Kang disappearing doesn't mean that he's not still DR's father, and thus someone that DR would have had to account for, though that's all moot now that he's been shown to have been falsely accused. And, it's not as if HJ can happily go back to living as she had before she knew him. *sigh* Even though I want HJ and Kang to end up together, the writing of their relationship is not very good.

I am so happy someone agreeing with me.  

Omo Omo Omo! In the preview when WDR goes to the meeting with Chairman Song, guess who it is standing up?

Those of you pining for DR and Tae Poong to be together will be sorely disappointed. He is hiding something from everyone and so is the daughter of Shin Sung Group. 

Everything is going to blow up in Madam Airhead and DY's faces and it will be glorious. We will get satisfaction regarding those two.

Here is how I see things ending up. WDR and DR will get back together. However, they will not live in the Wang household. In the end, EY will end up all alone in that big house. She will be lonely repenting on how she alienated her precious son by her own doing with her snobbish personality. DY will will either be dealing with a cheating playboy of a husband or divorced.

32 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Omo Omo Omo! In the preview when WDR goes to the meeting with Chairman Song, guess who it is standing up?

Those of you pining for DR and Tae Poong to be together will be sorely disappointed. He is hiding something from everyone and so is the daughter of Shin Sung Group. 

Everything is going to blow up in Madam Airhead and DY's faces and it will be glorious. We will get satisfaction regarding those two.

Here is how I see things ending up. WDR and DR will get back together. However, they will not live in the Wang household. In the end, EY will end up all alone in that big house. She will be lonely repenting on how she alienated her precious son by her own doing with her snobbish personality. DY will will either be dealing with a cheating playboy of a husband or divorced.

I Agree with you , I have felt something was off since he showed up . Always lurking around watching, Then when Grandpa showed I knew for sure. I had asked was it possible he had a connection to the Wangs. That rich girl has alteroir motive written all over her.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

lols.....somehow it is cruel for this to happen to another woman....i guess Daya need to learn some hard lesson :x

Daya needs to get busy concentrating on her own marriage other than other people's marriages. She is such an evil busy body. 

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

as much as i believe that WDR shouldnt suffer on behalf because of his mother doing....still i dont wish for DoRan....to stay with her MIL....she is really a piece of work

@angelangie, WDR is pretty much the same as all the lead men in Korean family or weekend drama. They all genuflect to the authority of their parents. One of my favorite family drama, Five Children, almost drove me up the wall with this kind of thing because the main guy was older and a widower with two children and he still had to get his mother’s approval to get married. :scream:  The female lead had to put up with a lot of crap, as usual, because of that although things got quieter after she finally married him. Still so many of these drama has the female lead dealing with unreasonable MIL like in All About Mom, Glorious Day, Marry Me Now, Gentle Men of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop, Ojakgyo Brothers, etc. 

So the only conclusion I can make is that perhaps that’s the way Korean society treat marriage. It’s also like their birth family is more important than their marriages.

Finally watched this weekend episodes......hhhmmpphh

Like seriously it's all well and good being nice but that doesn't mean you have to be a door mat. Why oh why has they turned Doran into a whimpering puppy. Like why is she apologising because WDR took it on his own volition to come to her. Since the spiteful mare keeps saying they are strangers, Doran should treat her as such and let her have both barrels, tell to richard simmons off and not to cross your path again. When she slapped her Doran should have clart a box back in her richard simmons. KMT writernim made our girl too spinless compared to how she started.

I also agree with what some of you guys on the HJ Kang relationship. The moment he chose to reciprocate her feelings he should have now darn well what that meant. He should have made up his mind to reveal all. I always found it strange like what he was living in la la land expecting no repercussions if it came out. Never made any sense. Same with him sticking around once he realise who DR was. He knows what Korean society is like. He has no excuses.....

LOONNGG strupes..kmt..... That preview. Kang best just be telling to go kick rocks..no easy forgiveness.....selfish bunch of people. WDR best be cutting ties if he plans to get back with DR (secret garden style would be ok....mind I personally wouldn't even let the see their grandkids but I digress). If he's not willing to cut ties then he needs to let her go. How can he love her and want her around people who treat her like that. That would make him part of the selfish bastards crew and he too can then go kick rocks.

23 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Mark my words. Next weekend, Madam Airhead will be apologizing to DR and her father. DY will be miserable even if she doesn't get a divorce because her husband is eyeing other women. She will never become the "Madam of Bom and Food."

I LOVE this.  I know a kumbaya ending is coming and I really did not want one for DY.  She has done nothing to explain her behavior (I don't buy her I-grew-up-without-the-love-of-my-dad excuse that everyones uses to excuse her behavior), and I just don't want everything to work out for her.  Of all the character, she has shown ZERO change, except to become worse.  So I like this notion that she'll always be tied to a player and a cheater.  Only, now I feel bad to her imaginary future children...

15 hours ago, lpenny said:

I am hoping that DR moves on the leaves this part of her life behind her.  It a man cannot protect his wife from abusive family members and does not consider the pain she has to endure he does not deserve her. I don't know of anyone who wants a mama boy.

I don't think that WDR is actually a mama's boy.  He's actually assertive (hence their marriage in the first place), and he continues to defy his family by meeting with DR and doing what he can to exonerate Kang.  He's a good son and a responsible son, but I don't think that should be confused with being a mama's boy.

15 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

So I have a big problem with how Kang and HJ love story is presented.  I can understand DR and WDR’s love story. Neither of them knew about Kang’s past and they fall in love and got married, but now divorced.  And this is mostly complaining on the writer more than the character.  I got so mad at last night’s episodes that my blood boiled.  You know, HJ was kept in the dark this whole time about Kang’s past.  And Kang knew it this whole time.  Now had HJ knew about this, I don’t think she would’ve continued with this relationship.  Also, I thought what should’ve happened was, after Kang had fall in love with her, which he knew, he should’ve told her his situation to HJ right away, like way before both of them fell in love.  Now that they like each other so much, but HJ can’t just drop him like a hot potato, right? So I seriously thought that this was a poorly written on writer’s part. 

I have no idea what HJ did to the writer, but HJ, thru out this whole drama, she has done nothing but nice and patient with Kang, not to mention she has to keep apologize to Kang and DR on behalf of her family, well maybe not in the beginning.  And to have not just her sister not accepting her child, but also gets rejected by Kang, which I thought was so not fair to her.  I know Kang loves her, but it really made it feel like Kang cared more about his daughter’s feeling more than HJ’s.  

Another thing is, I also understand her sister’s position, that even though she forgave him, but accepting him into the family and the child is another story, that’s why HJ has no choice but to break up with him for the better of her child’s future and what did HJ do that’s so wrong to deserve all this, i have no idea.  That’s why it is so maddening.  Now had this been a real life story, I don’t think I can accept it because no matter what, I will think Kang is wrong in this situation.  Of course he also tried really hard to keep a distance away from her, but you just can’t hide your feelings, right? 

I agree that Kang's behavior is wrong.  My reaction last night was: if you were going to leave DR, then you should have done it before she found out who you were.  You're leaving now, after she's already lost everything.  And how will YOUR leaving actually fix anything?  She's already known as a murderer's daughter.  She needs to leave as well in order to have a fresh start.

But the thing about HJ... so, I don't blame Kang for not telling HJ at first.  If you'll recall, he's always pushed her away and tried to discourage him.  Later, he tried to tell her and she refused to listen.  She actually told him that she didn't want to hear it because whatever it is, she's on his side.  Kang should have insisted, especially since it's not like he was a petty thief, but my point is that they are both to blame.

Oh I almost forgot. ... mmmwhhhhaa Daya getting her.... I can't wait to see her world come crashing down. Next  week is gonna be glorious.

I hope (not expecting) WDR leaves. Then as he's the oldest and WR is useless, plus Madame Park's  need for DR, dad will finally get fed up with Madame Airhead and serve her the divorce papers. Let be alone just her and useless DY. 

Then HJ tells her family were to go and her and Mr Kang sail off into the sunset to start their new family. DR and WDR can be their neighbours. They can babysit for each other :D

34 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Sp WDR solve the biggest mystery/issue of the show,But it makes me wonder did the cops even do any investigating?

All he needed was one person who cared enough to look into it.

I know right! Man they deserve a lawsuit in their asss.

2 hours ago, tas82 said:

Oh I almost forgot. ... mmmwhhhhaa Daya getting her.... I can't wait to see her world come crashing down. Next  week is gonna be glorious.

I hope (not expecting) WDR leaves. Then as he's the oldest and WR is useless, plus Madame Park's  need for DR, dad will finally get fed up with Madame Airhead and serve her the divorce papers. Let be alone just her and useless DY. 

Then HJ tells her family were to go and her and Mr Kang sail off into the sunset to start their new family. DR and WDR can be their neighbours. They can babysit for each other :D

Is the review scene where she takes off her beauty mask and she has a hair roller the epic moment where she finds out?

Archived