[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

What I am waiting for is the moment its proven that DR's father did not kill DY's dad. For so long they hated the suppose murderer and sent an innocent man to prison based on what was told so long ago. No one ever thought about that man's reasons or that it could have been just an ugly accident and the father was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In trying to be a good person and stop a thief he ended up stabbed instead of DR's dad. How much crow will they have to eat when its proven he did not kill the man but was instead knocked out by the man and did not even see the man being stabbed and he tried to help but was said to be the culprit. He lost his wife and his daughter lost both her parents all in one night. 

DY and her brother at least had their mother where DR had no one but the close brother of her father to raise her as his own and she still suffered at the  hands of the wife of the man. Although her sister is nice she gets on my nerves as well. DR has lost her husband and she is crying to her about the man dying in the preview. She may not have mistreated DR but she depended on her a lot and seems a bit selfish due to her mothers influence in some cases. Its unintentional but what should DR do about the poor man being ill?What can she do? We have all thought of this possibility I bet and prolly posted pages ahead of me and that is DR's dad giving part of his kidney. If nothing else its for the guilt of the man being killed in his place. When it was because the man got in the way trying to stop him from stealing the money. 

All of them owe DR and her father a huge round of apologies for how they behaved I can't stand DR's former mother in law or DY. The woman has been biased against DR from the beginning and has a rude personality. As for DY she has disliked DR as well thinking she was beneath her and has certainly been very vocal about the person who harmed her father and wanting to "Take Care" of them. I can understand the grief and anger at the person they thought killed the man its human nature. And I can understand thinking that his going to jail and then getting out is not enough punishment for what they all thought he did. But at the same time everyone met and liked DR and her father and no one ever considered to let the past go and forgive even with the pain of loss. Both she and her mom will never want to apologize willingly for how they treated them after the truth comes out. Its going to prolly be because Mr. Kong and DR are so nice and forgiving that they are not made to say I am sorry. Both will understand that it was due to grief and anger and let them off. But a huge lesson needs to be taught to DY , her mother and her mother in law over how they judged and treated people. 

As for how they are using DR to take care of Halmoni. Well on one hand I am happy because DR truly cares for the woman and she for DR. On the other hand I am angry and I do not blame DR's ex for being mad too. You force them to divorce and then use her to take care of the woman until she is well and then comes to get her. What happens if Halmoni's lucid spells continue to get farther and farther away? Will DR be stuck for the rest of her life taking care of the woman? She has to make a living and live her life as well. 

That's just my two cents. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you’ll think Kang will be the secret donor, but I read somewhere, from another website, according to Korea’s law, the living donor organ transplant are restricted only within the family.  So Kang can’t bc is neither married to HJ or part of he family, so he would either have persuade HJ to register their marriage.  But I doubt the writer is going to follow the rules.  

6 minutes ago, Jamie Hartford said:

So you’ll think Kang will be the secret donor, but I read somewhere, from another website, according to Korea’s law, the living donor organ transplant are restricted only within the family.  So Kang can’t bc is neither married to HJ or part of he family, so he would either have persuade HJ to register their marriage.  But I doubt the writer is going to follow the rules.  

Perhaps HJ hearing about her nephews illness will get together with Kang and suggest they marry if he gets the denial first so that they can save his life. But they both decide to hide that it was Kang that did it and pretend to have gone on a honeymoon in order for Kang to recover from the surgery. 

4 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Perhaps HJ hearing about her nephews illness will get together with Kang and suggest they marry if he gets the denial first so that they can save his life. But they both decide to hide that it was Kang that did it and pretend to have gone on a honeymoon in order for Kang to recover from the surgery. 

That’s a good theory.  The writer is gonna make HJ cry again, haha! 

15 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

That’s a good theory.  The writer is gonna make HJ cry again, haha! 

Hi everyone,  I love this drama  its made me laugh, cry, and at times pissed off. Grandma

Keeps me in stitches , DY and The MIl make me dislike my in laws even more lol. DR And Mr Kang are me , They are both too good for these

folks. I feel sometimes I am too nice to people , who rather I drop off the face of the earth. I cant speak for everyone but sometimes we take people in our lives for granted, Its a very small world , You don't  know when your going to need  someone, It maybe that person you cant stand to be around. 

On another note , I might get a flogging for this but here it goes, I hope WDR and DR do reunite at the end. I feel as though they went through so much to be together. They were ripped apart through no fault of their own. I'm sorry I cant 

see WDR without DR, That rich girl is no comparison  to DR , She definitely not pretty as she is.

I thought about Mr Kang at first saving GR , But now I feel it would make more sense for HJ to save him. Mr Kang needs help to clear his name so he and DR can forever close this painful chapter in their lives and move on. 

21 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

What I am waiting for is the moment its proven that DR's father did not kill DY's dad. For so long they hated the suppose murderer and sent an innocent man to prison based on what was told so long ago. No one ever thought about that man's reasons or that it could have been just an ugly accident and the father was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In trying to be a good person and stop a thief he ended up stabbed instead of DR's dad. How much crow will they have to eat when its proven he did not kill the man but was instead knocked out by the man and did not even see the man being stabbed and he tried to help but was said to be the culprit. He lost his wife and his daughter lost both her parents all in one night. 

All of them owe DR and her father a huge round of apologies for how they behaved I can't stand DR's former mother in law or DY. The woman has been biased against DR from the beginning and has a rude personality. As for DY she has disliked DR as well thinking she was beneath her and has certainly been very vocal about the person who harmed her father and wanting to "Take Care" of them. I can understand the grief and anger at the person they thought killed the man its human nature. And I can understand thinking that his going to jail and then getting out is not enough punishment for what they all thought he did. But at the same time everyone met and liked DR and her father and no one ever considered to let the past go and forgive even with the pain of loss. Both she and her mom will never want to apologize willingly for how they treated them after the truth comes out. Its going to prolly be because Mr. Kong and DR are so nice and forgiving that they are not made to say I am sorry. Both will understand that it was due to grief and anger and let them off. But a huge lesson needs to be taught to DY , her mother and her mother in law over how they judged and treated people. 

Sorry to cut your post short.

I think we need to remember that Kang set in motion the events that lead to DY's dad's death.  Yes, he was innocent of murder, but I don't think it's all that clear cut that he's actually not guilty.

Fact-1: Kang tried to steal money.

Fact-2: DY's dad acted as a Good Samaritan and tried to apprehend/stop Kang from running away.  And, at that time, they thought that Kang was running away from a crime scene (injury/death of LS) as well as stealing money.

Fact-3: Kang, instead of surrendering himself, engaged with DY's dad and struggled, trying to get away.

It's foreseeable that someone may become injured.  And the law is often times all about whether or not something is foreseeable.  The LS stepping in and trying to stab Kang acts as a superseding act, but Kang is the one that is responsible for setting up the scene and circumstances in the first place.  I'm not sure what, but I think Kang is still guilty of a crime on some level.  Not murder, but perhaps even an accessory to murder?  Or even a type of felony assault or something to that degree because Kang was in the process of committing a crime when DY's dad was stabbed.

Second point (about the section I bolded).  I think the fact that everyone (or most everyone) liked DR and Kang is part of the problem.  Can you imagine how betrayed you would feel if you were any of the Wangs?  They brought him into the family, he lived on the property, he was entrusted with the care of Grandmother (who was very vulnerable due to her Alzheimer's), Wang Sr even gave him a loan, the entire family (other than Bratface) treated him extremely well.  So imagine the betrayal that they felt.  And, quite honestly, the moment that the Wang family learned that Kang was DR's dad, I think that Kang should have either confessed (which, of course, he can't do), or left DR.  It's a horrible thing to say, yes, but Kang at that time knew that he had a serious criminal record.  Should that ever come to light, it was going to be a HUGE scandal.  It's that sense of betrayal that the Wangs can't get over and I can't blame them for it.  I don't agree with most of Madame Wang's thoughts or actions, but on this point I have to agree.  I also would not want Kang or even DR at that point near my family.  I would not want them in my house, and I would not want to send Grandma to their house either.  They still haven't explained anything, she "knows" that Kang killed DY's dad, there is just no way that DR and DY can live in the same house or be an extended part of the same family at that point, and DR has told a HUGE lie at this point. Not just that DR knew her dad had a criminal record, but that she knew her dad was convicted of murder.

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

DY can live in the same house or be an extended part of the same family at that point, and DR has told a HUGE lie at this point.

I would like to make point here. DR did not LIE about her Dad' s crime. Remember when Madam Airhead asked if there was anything DR needed to tell her after Mr Kang's crime became known to DR, WDR came in and cut them off and took DR out of the room. When DR asked him how they were going to address her dad's crime to his parents, WDR shrugged it off and said they will deal with it when the time came. He let her down. He should have had a plan. Instead he chose to bury his head in the sand and left DR out to dry on it. Your points are well taken but let's not enter facts that are not in evidence.

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

I would like to make point here. DR did not LIE about her Dad' s crime. Remember when Madam Airhead asked if there was anything DR needed to tell her after Mr Kang's crime became known to DR, WDR came in and cut them off and took DR out of the room. When DR asked him how they were going to address her dad's crime to his parents, WDR shrugged it off and said they will deal with it when the time came. He let her down. He should have had a plan. Instead he chose to bury his head in the sand and left DR out to dry on it. Your points are well taken but let's not enter facts that are not in evidence.

You're right that WDR pulled her out of the room. He was probably thinking that Kang's past would never be revealed.  But imo, lying by omission is still lying.  MIL asked DR directly, and DR allowed herself to be pulled out.  She could have confessed to MIL later, but she never did.  So to me, it's the same as lying because she made a conscious choice to go along with WDR and her dad and hope for the best that no one would find out.  I'm not saying that DR is the only one at fault here, but I don't agree that she's completely innocent where the Wang family is concerned either.  And, I think that WDR pulling her out was a cop out.  Even if he had not, I don't think that DR would have confessed.  If WDR had not pulled her out, I really do think that DR would have lied and told her MIL that there was nothing she was hiding.

3 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

You're right that WDR pulled her out of the room. He was probably thinking that Kang's past would never be revealed.  But imo, lying by omission is still lying.  MIL asked DR directly, and DR allowed herself to be pulled out.  She could have confessed to MIL later, but she never did.  So to me, it's the same as lying because she made a conscious choice to go along with WDR and her dad and hope for the best that no one would find out.  I'm not saying that DR is the only one at fault here, but I don't agree that she's completely innocent where the Wang family is concerned either.  And, I think that WDR pulling her out was a cop out.  Even if he had not, I don't think that DR would have confessed.  If WDR had not pulled her out, I really do think that DR would have lied and told her MIL that there was nothing she was hiding.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think she would have told them if her husband had not asked her to keep it to herself. She was defering to WDR about how to deal with his family. 

My wife does the same. If I ask her to let me deal with or provide a solution to a matter with my family members she bites her tongue. I return the same courtesy and hold my peace as well when she asks me to towards her family. We also trust each other to honor those commitments.; but, we are old fashioned. 

No. WDR failed here. He asked her to let him deal with it and she did. It was his responsibility to manage it. He failed his wife and it cost him his marraige. 

However, in my culture the couple’s marraige is more important than any sense of duty to the extended family so that is the lens I am looking through.

12 hours ago, Doloris B said:

I thought about Mr Kang at first saving GR , But now I feel it would make more sense for HJ to save him. Mr Kang needs help to clear his name so he and DR can forever close this painful chapter in their lives and move on. 

Sorry to cut your post, as much as I would love for HJ to save GR, but it will seem that HJ will have a problem of her own.  I feel like the writer is going to reveal HJ has bipolar disorder, I don't know if she would be able to donate or not.  This why I think the writer is making everyone having problems and Kang is the only healthy one, so he would be the only one that can donate.  Well, I don't know what DY's problem is tho. 

2 hours ago, Doloris B said:

Grandma had a dementia episode and Miss Jo

called her to come over to get her asap.

I'm loving this scene. WDR is probably still in the house calming halmoni. LOL
The rich girl looks upset, double LOL

I hope the angst is limited because I am so tired of the injustice.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, Jamie Hartford said:

Sorry to cut your post, as much as I would love for HJ to save GR, but it will seem that HJ will have a problem of her own.  I feel like the writer is going to reveal HJ has bipolar disorder, I don't know if she would be able to donate or not.  This why I think the writer is making everyone having problems and Kang is the only healthy one, so he would be the only one that can donate.  Well, I don't know what DY's problem is tho. 

I've seen a lot of k-dramas with liver transplants and it's likely that the women wouldn't be able to donate because their livers are too small, especially DY who has a small frame. 

Archived