[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point all I'm sitting here waiting for  DR to get her groove back and go free her man from his arss backwards family, he can't end up with that heiress plus clear her dad, more importantly waiting to see all of them have to eat humble pie and see DY finally get her comeuppance.

Writernim done lost me so I've given up on predicting.

I am totally sure that Doran and WDR will be reunited at the end. Most of the Korean dramas are like that. The main couple get separated and reunited at the end. Like in "Love till the End". Most of the viewers were certain the couple will be separated but the opposite happened. Also I think 16 episodes are enough to solve the problems. I don't think the romance between Doran and Taepung will develop, he will just help her and her dad. But I don't think she will love him, he seems to love her already, but then it is one-sided love as usual.

4 hours ago, tas82 said:

Writernim done lost me so I've given up on predicting.

Same lol. I'll just sit here and wait till Saturday.

As for DY, I can't think of any way for her to redeem herself, because she simply has. No. Redeeming. Character. At. All.

Forgive my late response but I haven’t been in town lately thus I ended up missing a few episodes. I thought that where I went I would have access to atleast KBS World but for some reason the channel wasn’t working there due to signal error and I didn’t want to waste my hosts bandwidth as they didn’t have that much to begin with.. Anyway enough with that let me get on to the show.

While I still have to catch up on the missing episodes I have skipped on to the latest episodes so I am sort of up to date and I don’t feel like I have missed much. Will eventually get to them.

Spoiler

Now in regards to a poster here whose keen observation pointed out that they think that Mr. Kang may be innocent due to his picture that was in the newspaper ie he was wearing a cap and mask in said picture but that night he wasn’t wearing one so it probably wasn’t him. Now that may very well be correct but my take on said picture was different. Probably will need to rewatch said episode for confirmation but perhaps the picture was taken after Mr. Kang was arrested in that case the mask and cap makes sense. Don’t know if anyone here has watched the drama Pinocchio but over there the main leads brother commits murder and when the police arrest him and he is brought in front of the reporters they have him wear a mask to protect his identity. (not that it would do much good since his face was publicly known then) Also in a few other dramas The Rich Families adopt similar tricks so that their faces aren’t shown. It makes sense on one hand for the police to adopt this strategy. If they arrest the wrong person and is face is photographed his life may be ruined on the simple basis that regardless of whether or not, he was innocent or not people would remember his face with his supposed crime and not hire him etc. in other words ruining his life. So in other words the picture could have been indeed of Mr. Kang after he got arrested.

Now this comment of mine may seem a bit harsh and I could probably get a few dislikes in regard to it (if we had any dislikes over here :D ) I could also get people raging and marching my way with pitchforks but I would still like you all to bear with me in regards to it. In this case I am actually hoping that Mr. Kang actually killed Daya’s dad accidentally instead of being proven innocent. Now don’t get me wrong it would be real nice if it turns out that he is innocent and that there is someone else responsible especially considering that this is a drama and we all want a happy ending for our main leads and all. But the reason that I want him to be guilty is because I am hoping that the drama is trying to teach the viewers a lesson. In this case one shouldn’t blame the children for the crimes of the parents. They are each their own individuals responsible for their own actions. Not only that but Doran wasn’t even aware of her father’s crime so why should she be punished for that. Not only that but because Miran is associated with Doran even her own life is being affected to no fault of her own. Guilt By Association just isn’t cool. Then on top of all this I also want people to note that doing a crime is bad and that it never pays but also if they do the crime but seriously repent they should be given a chance to redeem themselves otherwise they will simply fall back into the pit that they came out of. For instance, many people wonder why some criminals return to a life of crime after they have been released haven’t they learnt their lesson. Now for some I will agree that it may be the thrill or the addiction but for some it may be due to lack of choice on their part. Meaning they want to live the straight and honest life but their past just hangs to heavy on them to do so. For instance, who would want to hire a criminal because they would worry that they would try and harm them or steal from them etc Meaning they would have no job to provide for themselves or their families (if they have any) Yet these people need to survive but have no viable income to do so. So they revert to their old ways just to make ends meet. Then they end up getting punished for that again.

Mr. Kang had been fortunate for some time prior to his identity being discovered because he got a decent job and then later on managed to open a bakery to support himself but he can’t seem to hold on to them thanks to people like Daya who isn’t getting that he truly repents for his actions and wants to be forgiven etc.

Speaking of Daya and how she dropped the bomb on her Aunts wedding day of all days. People seem to find an issue with that regarding that it was supposed to be an important and happy day for her Aunt. I think that seems to be a bit harsh. Granted I don’t approve of her throwing a tantrum and returning a few days later to rage on Mr. Kang and Doran at their workplace but her dropping the bomb isn’t an issue that I have. I want people to consider the fact that she just discovered the shocking truth herself on that day. Meaning she didn’t have all that much time to reveal said fact to anyone else. Now had she discovered the fact let’s say a week ago or even a month and then decided to expose it on the wedding day then I would have an issue but this wasn’t the case. Now one could argue that she could have informed someone prior to her exposing the secret like that but the question is who could she and how. Everyone else was already at the wedding and such a big news could only be done in person especially considering that she had all the evidence with her at the time. (well she could probably message them via whatsapp or some other app that they use) Other than that one has to also consider who would believe such an outlandish tale that could only happen in a drama. She didn’t have Mr. Kang’s number as she probably wanted nothing to do with him so she couldn’t inform him plus she might think that he was marrying her Aunt as a sick joke so he was out. Telling the Aunt was out of the question as she would think that Daya was making things up because she didn’t approve of her relationship with Mr. Kang. Probably same with the others as well. In other words, I can fully understand her wanting to go and reveal the truth herself. Plus, how could she be even sure the person she contacted even received her phone call or message.

Now one could question whether or not the reveal was even necessary as she could let it go for her Aunt’s happiness and all. I believe that it was. Here was a man that was marrying into their family who was not only a murderer but on top of that the person that he supposedly killed wasn’t some random stranger but someone that they knew personally. The Aunt was bound to discover this fact eventually and it probably would have been harder on them when they discovered said fact. Right now if we think about it Mr. Kang and the Aunt aren’t legally married. Sure they have had a ceremony and all but they haven’t legally registered their marriage meaning if they want to go their separate ways without causing an issue it still is possible but had they been married by registering their marriage it might have complicated things even further. Not that it matters since the Aunt is eventually going to accept him for who he is and realize that he truly repents his actions and all and thus will get back with him no matter what the others say regarding him.

Then we have people wonder if Mr. Kang could actually be innocent and if so did he take the fall for someone else that he knew or he is being framed. If I have to choose I would assume the later. While the former is possible I seriously have my doubts regarding that. While we know that it isn’t unheard of since he took the fall for his friend’s crime when they were young (Miran’s Dad) that was different. They were both young at that time and he really didn’t have that much to look for at that time and he didn’t want to ruin his friend’s bright future who was like a brother to him and all but this time it was different. He had a sick wife and a young daughter as well. Even if we assume that his wife died he still had a daughter why would he want to stigmatize her if he could help it. Infact he tried his best to avoid said issue when he returned or even when he was still in jail. Thus it makes little to no sense to me at the moment that he would take the fall for anyone else. The only way that I could perhaps see that as possible is if the other person was in a similar situation and was a single parent and thus his child’s well being depended on him being out there to support them and all. In that case I can see Mr. Kang taking pity on said person and perhaps taking the rap for him. But if this was the case said person or child should have made an appearance ages ago. This new apprentice baker for instance could be the child of said person but from reading comments that might not be possible since he appears to be from a rich well of family as well. Then again we could have the following storyline that he was indeed the son of said person who eventually managed to make it big thanks to Mr. Kangs kindness of sorts but nobody in his family was aware of this until now. The son discovers this somehow and decides to make amends for his father’s actions and is thus searching for Mr. Kang whether or not he knows that Mr. Kang is the same person or not would remain to be seen.

Then we have the fact that Mr. Kang could have been framed. If so we should ask who would have the most to gain from said fact. As of now the only person that I can think of from the people that have been introduced so far (assuming that is the case and the writer doesn’t decide to involve someone else at the last moment) could be Daya’s Uncle. We have to remember something important in regards to him. He was the only one that had been involved in the case at that time till its conclusion. So in other words he should have been the most aware of the case and its details. Daya’s mother was to out of it at that time and not so sure about her sister as for the kids they were far too young to involve themselves at that time. We also need to note that both the aunt and uncle left for the States after said incident. Now the Aunt seems to be innocent since she seemed to be suffering a hard time as well so I doubt that she was the case nor did she seem to living a well of life until she married. This leaves the uncle of whom we seem to know extremely little apart that he was responsible during the case and all. If we continue down this track of thought, it could be possible that he decided to take advantage of said situation for his own benefit. For instance, at that time he may have needed some money for some business that he wanted to start for himself. Unfortunately, no one could or would spare him the money at that time. Then he discovers that his BiL is in critical condition or comes to see him when he notices the altercation the BiL had with Mr. Kang when he tried to follow Uncles Ben’s Advice “That With Great Power There Must Also Come Great Responsibility!” He then discovers over the course of the trial and all that his BiL had a life insurance which someone in the family needs to sign for. Since he needs the money and since the other family don’t seem to be aware of it he takes the money and uses it for his business or goes to the States using that money and expands his business however one wants to see it. Perhaps Daya’s mother is aware that her husband had some insurance but isn’t fully aware of just how much. In this case he probably kept most of the money and gave her some of it and she may have assumed that was all. If she had to sign the documents, it could probably be said that she was so out of her mind that she signed whatever her brother gave to her trusting him. Other than that no one else with motive seems to come to my mind at the moment.

In regards to Daya she is like a Snake. Somebody who is greedy, ambitious and a bit insecure. She wants to rule them all but things don’t seem to be going her way. I doubt that her husband will cheat on her anytime soon but I can see why she would suspect that could be the case. She was the one that chased him down and convinced him to marry her. Not only that but she was fully aware that he was more of the person to hang around other girls than settle down. This means that she is always going to have her doubts regarding him. Not only that we have to also consider the fact that the girl that she suspects that he may be having an affair is no ordinary worker. She is someone that followed him from her previous job that is slightly suspicious and she may very well think that the woman is doing so out of some ulterior motive and then to see the two of them having a fun time further fuels her suspicion regarding them.

Speaking of this fact someone inquired as to whether or not her husband joined the family company or not and someone else mentioned that wasn’t the case because she would have been over the moon. From what I gathered from that episode was that her husband had indeed joined the company just not in the way she wants. Her husband has no real interest in running the company management style since that isn’t his forte but he enjoys cooking and all so he has taken over one of their restaurants this way the husband thinks that he is in a win win situation. He gets to please his wife by working for the company as she wants and at the same time he gets to manage a restaurant as he likes.

People have also wondered as to why if she wanted to be the madam of the house why didn’t she marry Dayrook instead of the younger brother as her chances of that happening would be much higher. Not only was he working for the company but he also was the eldest thus the job would naturally come to her and she would also get the title she wanted. I suspect that in this case personal feelings of sorts were involved. It seems that she was closer to her husband even as kids this meant that she would perhaps choose him for that reason on top of that she would also assume that he would be easier to control than Dayrook. He was someone that enjoyed parties something that she also might have liked and since he was with other girls she could better control him over someone who was more focused on other stuff such as the company and all.

As for her wanting to accept the Rich Girl for Dayrook over Doran is still with her character. Sure she would give her more competition since she would be in a better position than Doran but that is something that she probably thinks that she can handle her. This would be because she thinks that since they come from similar social circles they would play the games by the same rules and all. As for Doran she thinks that she is so far below her that she isn’t even in her league. That is probably the real reason why she gets so jealous that everyone pays Doran more attention than her such as when their FiL gifted Doran a car instead of her. For her it was like how could a mere secretary compete with her and be gifted a car and all. With a rich person in a similar situation she probably wouldn’t feel so threatened. Infact if we try and compare the two So Young and Doran we would note that since So Young is rich herself she already has a car thus nobody in that family would have gifted her one. Then on top of that since she is rich Daya would probably assume that they would have similar tastes in certain areas such as fashion and someone who could appreciate art compared to someone like Doran. Infact I can imagine them discussing which Girl Group to invite for one of their Chariatable Functions and when given a choice between Rainbow and After School they both would agree that the former would be a better choice but with Doran they would each choose differently ie Doran would pick After School. :grin:

In regards to the fact that some of these people changed or didn’t after their marriage I want to point something in regards to Miran. She did try to change such as preparing food for her family and all but she was prevented from doing so from her MiL and perhaps even her husband. That really can’t be her fault. One can argue that prior to her wedding she was taking announcer classes but stopped doing them after she got married. True but I think that there was an adjustment time after she got married and all plus she probably wasn’t so sure that she would get permission to do so. But she recently announced that she was going to restart taking them. Daya really hasn’t changed much she just aims to reach the top without putting any work on her own and that is why she suffers.

Someone mentioned that this was written by the same writer as Blow Breeze. Didn’t know that but after that point was brought to my attention I can see the similarities between the two. This writer must really like divorcing the main leads even though they still love each other but due to conditions beyond their control. Then we have third lead extra females who are interested in the male lead and will do anything to get him. Heck at this point I won’t put it past this writer that they will try and rehash their own plot where So Young will attempt to save Daerook’s life and everyone will think that she is the next best thing to chocolate chip cookies and will want her as their DiL. She will naturally be faking her condition and Daerook will only agree to marry her out of guilt but Miran will accidentally expose this and thus Dayrook will eventually return to being sad and single till the final episode where everyone will decide to approve of Doran once again and accept her.

It was mentioned that Gorae might be ill and only be saved by Mr. Kang because he has something compatible with him. I would rather agree that this would be a better plot twist then him being innocent. Simply because the Law Of Equivalent Exchange applies here. A life was taken by Mr. Kang (Accidentally) but here he ends up saving a life especially of the same person’s family. This would make that family grateful and hopefully forgive him as well. Granted they would probably beg him to save Gorae’s life at first thinking that he wouldn’t do it for free and all but he probably will since he also feels indebted to them.

As for the matter of the loan shark appearing at this moment is indeed something of interest. I just find it curious like the rest of you what it means as well as how did he come to be in such a state. Also is he aware that Mr. Kang even went to jail for murder or does he think that he became successful on his own. Clearly he doesn’t hold a grudge against him so that is good. Him being a witness to clear Mr. Kang’s name is an interesting thought but just as to how that happens remains to be seen. If we consider the fact that when Mr. Kang ran out of his office and bumped into Daya’s dad, he was knocked out unconscious so what exactly did he witness that night. The only way that I can probably see him playing a role of significance in this area is if it turns out that Daya’s Uncle is the real perpetrator of his BiL’s death. So what could have happened was since both of them (the Loan Shark and Daya’s Dad) were injured they were both rushed to the same hospital. Over there the loan shark regains conscious only to witness the BiL kill the dad such as removing the respirator from him and all or something similar. The loan shark fearing for his life either goes in hiding so that the uncle can’t find him and do the same thing or he was fooled by the uncle to keep silent in return for a big pay day which he didn’t give. Frankly in these scenarios and if we really want Mr. Kang to be innocent I would go with the former as this would also better explain the loan sharks current condition.

Actually getting Mr. Kang to be innocent in this way would be a double win for him if we add the fact that only he can save Gorae’s life because not only is he innocent but he also saves the life of someone from that family. This would be more in line with how a drama works. If this is the case what would people here want to happen first. Ie they discover that Mr. Kang was innocent all along and then they discover that Gorae was ill and that only he could save him. If it goes in this order, then it makes more sense for them to beg him to save his life but also at the same time they would be embarrassed to do so atleast the mother. Daya doesn’t seem the remorseful type so she will demand that he do so. This seems to be much better compared to the fact if the order was reversed because then they will order him to do so to make up for the life that was taken and only feel the embarrassment after they discover that he was innocent all along as well.

Anyway while I have more to add will do so later because not only has this post gotten longer than I expected but also because I seem to have lost my train of thought regarding a few more points and when I recall them will add them to my next post hopefully. So till then take care and keep posting as I look forward to reading them. Till then I will try and watch the latest episode atleast.

3 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Hide contents

It was mentioned that Gorae might be ill and only be saved by Mr. Kang because he has something compatible with him. I would rather agree that this would be a better plot twist then him being innocent. Simply because the Law Of Equivalent Exchange applies here. A life was taken by Mr. Kang (Accidentally) but here he ends up saving a life especially of the same person’s family. This would make that family grateful and hopefully forgive him as well. Granted they would probably beg him to save Gorae’s life at first thinking that he wouldn’t do it for free and all but he probably will since he also feels indebted to them.

Actually getting Mr. Kang to be innocent in this way would be a double win for him if we add the fact that only he can save Gorae’s life because not only is he innocent but he also saves the life of someone from that family. This would be more in line with how a drama works. If this is the case what would people here want to happen first. Ie they discover that Mr. Kang was innocent all along and then they discover that Gorae was ill and that only he could save him. If it goes in this order, then it makes more sense for them to beg him to save his life but also at the same time they would be embarrassed to do so atleast the mother. Daya doesn’t seem the remorseful type so she will demand that he do so. This seems to be much better compared to the fact if the order was reversed because then they will order him to do so to make up for the life that was taken and only feel the embarrassment after they discover that he was innocent all along as well.

Wow you thought a lot about this drama, didn't you? Let me applaud that first lol :thumbsup:

Honestly at this point I don't care what will happen before what lol. I just want DY and her mom (I'mma leave Go-rae out since he's done nothing wrong) to feel embarrassment to the point that they can't lift their faces in front of Mr. Kang or DR.

32 minutes ago, luvabe said:

Wow you thought a lot about this drama, didn't you? Let me applaud that first lol :thumbsup:

Honestly at this point I don't care what will happen before what lol. I just want DY and her mom (I'mma leave Go-rae out since he's done nothing wrong) to feel embarrassment to the point that they can't life their faces in front of Mr. Kang or DR.

You can throw Madam Airhead into that bunch as well. I want her to not be able to look her former (and future) older DIL in the eyes again.

22 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

You can throw Madam Airhead into that bunch as well. I want her to not be able to look her former (and future) older DIL in the eyes again.

I'm hoping it's either Mr Kang or Doran that has 

to save GR , Another twist HJ or TP , I want see

The airhead and DY eat crow lol.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, dramaninja said:

Basically some of you want the evil and garbage to win in the end if they succeed in permanelty  serperating DR and WDR by force.

Because thats was their main goal for the longest. no one will be really happy in the end of they go that route.

@dramaninja

I’m with you on this one. If WDR and DR don’t reconcile that means DY wins. That cannot happen.

Spoiler

I just found out that the drama My Father Is Strange also has a wrongly-accused/changed-identity Dad, and in the end he gets his identity back and has a wedding with his wife. Lol here's hoping that after proving his innocence Mr. Kang will be able to use his real name and have a real wedding with HJ.

So since there is a lot of talk on Kang and HJ and how she cannot seem to forget Kang.  So in episode 90, we see HJ goes to her sister and beg her to forgive Kang because she can't seem to get over Kang.  And from episode 87 to 89, we see how much she cried and how much she wants to get over him, but I guess when you in love nothing can stop it, lol.  So this topic has been a big talk in Naver, debating whether her action was too selfish and that she doesn't think about her sister's feelings.  Especially someone who raised her like a daughter.  So in Naver, there are many Koreans and when I raised my opinions, they all give me thumbs down because of I, personally was for the action.  Also, some wonder what ran through the writer's head when she wrote that part.  HJ is crazily in love with Kang, but netizens said it shouldn't be to the point where she is now.  She is begging her own sister to forgive someone who killed her husband/brother-in-law, some may say that is crazy action.  I wonder what do foreigners think of it.  I am really interested to see what you'll think of HJ's action towards her sister.  

4 hours ago, Doloris B said:

That maybe HJ or TP will have to save GR.

I wonder why the family couldn't save him?  GR has a sister, a mother, and an aunt who should have the same blood type, well I am not sure about HJ.  This almost feels like a scene from another morning drama, when the mother had the kidney failure and no one in the family that could save her except her enemy, but she didn't accept it.  There her two daughters couldn't because one had just got out of hospital herself and the other one was pregnant.  So what will happen here?  

I think what will be more beneficial for the story is that Kang is proved innocent and let HJ saves GR.  

20 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Reveal hidden contents

Now in regards to a poster here whose keen observation pointed out that they think that Mr. Kang may be innocent due to his picture that was in the newspaper ie he was wearing a cap and mask in said picture but that night he wasn’t wearing one so it probably wasn’t him. Now that may very well be correct but my take on said picture was different. Probably will need to rewatch said episode for confirmation but perhaps the picture was taken after Mr. Kang was arrested in that case the mask and cap makes sense. Don’t know if anyone here has watched the drama Pinocchio but over there the main leads brother commits murder and when the police arrest him and he is brought in front of the reporters they have him wear a mask to protect his identity. (not that it would do much good since his face was publicly known then) Also in a few other dramas The Rich Families adopt similar tricks so that their faces aren’t shown. It makes sense on one hand for the police to adopt this strategy. If they arrest the wrong person and is face is photographed his life may be ruined on the simple basis that regardless of whether or not, he was innocent or not people would remember his face with his supposed crime and not hire him etc. in other words ruining his life. So in other words the picture could have been indeed of Mr. Kang after he got arrested.

Now this comment of mine may seem a bit harsh and I could probably get a few dislikes in regard to it (if we had any dislikes over here :D ) I could also get people raging and marching my way with pitchforks but I would still like you all to bear with me in regards to it. In this case I am actually hoping that Mr. Kang actually killed Daya’s dad accidentally instead of being proven innocent. Now don’t get me wrong it would be real nice if it turns out that he is innocent and that there is someone else responsible especially considering that this is a drama and we all want a happy ending for our main leads and all. But the reason that I want him to be guilty is because I am hoping that the drama is trying to teach the viewers a lesson. In this case one shouldn’t blame the children for the crimes of the parents. They are each their own individuals responsible for their own actions. Not only that but Doran wasn’t even aware of her father’s crime so why should she be punished for that. Not only that but because Miran is associated with Doran even her own life is being affected to no fault of her own. Guilt By Association just isn’t cool. Then on top of all this I also want people to note that doing a crime is bad and that it never pays but also if they do the crime but seriously repent they should be given a chance to redeem themselves otherwise they will simply fall back into the pit that they came out of. For instance, many people wonder why some criminals return to a life of crime after they have been released haven’t they learnt their lesson. Now for some I will agree that it may be the thrill or the addiction but for some it may be due to lack of choice on their part. Meaning they want to live the straight and honest life but their past just hangs to heavy on them to do so. For instance, who would want to hire a criminal because they would worry that they would try and harm them or steal from them etc Meaning they would have no job to provide for themselves or their families (if they have any) Yet these people need to survive but have no viable income to do so. So they revert to their old ways just to make ends meet. Then they end up getting punished for that again.

Mr. Kang had been fortunate for some time prior to his identity being discovered because he got a decent job and then later on managed to open a bakery to support himself but he can’t seem to hold on to them thanks to people like Daya who isn’t getting that he truly repents for his actions and wants to be forgiven etc.

Speaking of Daya and how she dropped the bomb on her Aunts wedding day of all days. People seem to find an issue with that regarding that it was supposed to be an important and happy day for her Aunt. I think that seems to be a bit harsh. Granted I don’t approve of her throwing a tantrum and returning a few days later to rage on Mr. Kang and Doran at their workplace but her dropping the bomb isn’t an issue that I have. I want people to consider the fact that she just discovered the shocking truth herself on that day. Meaning she didn’t have all that much time to reveal said fact to anyone else. Now had she discovered the fact let’s say a week ago or even a month and then decided to expose it on the wedding day then I would have an issue but this wasn’t the case. Now one could argue that she could have informed someone prior to her exposing the secret like that but the question is who could she and how. Everyone else was already at the wedding and such a big news could only be done in person especially considering that she had all the evidence with her at the time. (well she could probably message them via whatsapp or some other app that they use) Other than that one has to also consider who would believe such an outlandish tale that could only happen in a drama. She didn’t have Mr. Kang’s number as she probably wanted nothing to do with him so she couldn’t inform him plus she might think that he was marrying her Aunt as a sick joke so he was out. Telling the Aunt was out of the question as she would think that Daya was making things up because she didn’t approve of her relationship with Mr. Kang. Probably same with the others as well. In other words, I can fully understand her wanting to go and reveal the truth herself. Plus, how could she be even sure the person she contacted even received her phone call or message.

Now one could question whether or not the reveal was even necessary as she could let it go for her Aunt’s happiness and all. I believe that it was. Here was a man that was marrying into their family who was not only a murderer but on top of that the person that he supposedly killed wasn’t some random stranger but someone that they knew personally. The Aunt was bound to discover this fact eventually and it probably would have been harder on them when they discovered said fact. Right now if we think about it Mr. Kang and the Aunt aren’t legally married. Sure they have had a ceremony and all but they haven’t legally registered their marriage meaning if they want to go their separate ways without causing an issue it still is possible but had they been married by registering their marriage it might have complicated things even further. Not that it matters since the Aunt is eventually going to accept him for who he is and realize that he truly repents his actions and all and thus will get back with him no matter what the others say regarding him.

Then we have people wonder if Mr. Kang could actually be innocent and if so did he take the fall for someone else that he knew or he is being framed. If I have to choose I would assume the later. While the former is possible I seriously have my doubts regarding that. While we know that it isn’t unheard of since he took the fall for his friend’s crime when they were young (Miran’s Dad) that was different. They were both young at that time and he really didn’t have that much to look for at that time and he didn’t want to ruin his friend’s bright future who was like a brother to him and all but this time it was different. He had a sick wife and a young daughter as well. Even if we assume that his wife died he still had a daughter why would he want to stigmatize her if he could help it. Infact he tried his best to avoid said issue when he returned or even when he was still in jail. Thus it makes little to no sense to me at the moment that he would take the fall for anyone else. The only way that I could perhaps see that as possible is if the other person was in a similar situation and was a single parent and thus his child’s well being depended on him being out there to support them and all. In that case I can see Mr. Kang taking pity on said person and perhaps taking the rap for him. But if this was the case said person or child should have made an appearance ages ago. This new apprentice baker for instance could be the child of said person but from reading comments that might not be possible since he appears to be from a rich well of family as well. Then again we could have the following storyline that he was indeed the son of said person who eventually managed to make it big thanks to Mr. Kangs kindness of sorts but nobody in his family was aware of this until now. The son discovers this somehow and decides to make amends for his father’s actions and is thus searching for Mr. Kang whether or not he knows that Mr. Kang is the same person or not would remain to be seen.

Then we have the fact that Mr. Kang could have been framed. If so we should ask who would have the most to gain from said fact. As of now the only person that I can think of from the people that have been introduced so far (assuming that is the case and the writer doesn’t decide to involve someone else at the last moment) could be Daya’s Uncle. We have to remember something important in regards to him. He was the only one that had been involved in the case at that time till its conclusion. So in other words he should have been the most aware of the case and its details. Daya’s mother was to out of it at that time and not so sure about her sister as for the kids they were far too young to involve themselves at that time. We also need to note that both the aunt and uncle left for the States after said incident. Now the Aunt seems to be innocent since she seemed to be suffering a hard time as well so I doubt that she was the case nor did she seem to living a well of life until she married. This leaves the uncle of whom we seem to know extremely little apart that he was responsible during the case and all. If we continue down this track of thought, it could be possible that he decided to take advantage of said situation for his own benefit. For instance, at that time he may have needed some money for some business that he wanted to start for himself. Unfortunately, no one could or would spare him the money at that time. Then he discovers that his BiL is in critical condition or comes to see him when he notices the altercation the BiL had with Mr. Kang when he tried to follow Uncles Ben’s Advice “That With Great Power There Must Also Come Great Responsibility!” He then discovers over the course of the trial and all that his BiL had a life insurance which someone in the family needs to sign for. Since he needs the money and since the other family don’t seem to be aware of it he takes the money and uses it for his business or goes to the States using that money and expands his business however one wants to see it. Perhaps Daya’s mother is aware that her husband had some insurance but isn’t fully aware of just how much. In this case he probably kept most of the money and gave her some of it and she may have assumed that was all. If she had to sign the documents, it could probably be said that she was so out of her mind that she signed whatever her brother gave to her trusting him. Other than that no one else with motive seems to come to my mind at the moment.

In regards to Daya she is like a Snake. Somebody who is greedy, ambitious and a bit insecure. She wants to rule them all but things don’t seem to be going her way. I doubt that her husband will cheat on her anytime soon but I can see why she would suspect that could be the case. She was the one that chased him down and convinced him to marry her. Not only that but she was fully aware that he was more of the person to hang around other girls than settle down. This means that she is always going to have her doubts regarding him. Not only that we have to also consider the fact that the girl that she suspects that he may be having an affair is no ordinary worker. She is someone that followed him from her previous job that is slightly suspicious and she may very well think that the woman is doing so out of some ulterior motive and then to see the two of them having a fun time further fuels her suspicion regarding them.

Speaking of this fact someone inquired as to whether or not her husband joined the family company or not and someone else mentioned that wasn’t the case because she would have been over the moon. From what I gathered from that episode was that her husband had indeed joined the company just not in the way she wants. Her husband has no real interest in running the company management style since that isn’t his forte but he enjoys cooking and all so he has taken over one of their restaurants this way the husband thinks that he is in a win win situation. He gets to please his wife by working for the company as she wants and at the same time he gets to manage a restaurant as he likes.

People have also wondered as to why if she wanted to be the madam of the house why didn’t she marry Dayrook instead of the younger brother as her chances of that happening would be much higher. Not only was he working for the company but he also was the eldest thus the job would naturally come to her and she would also get the title she wanted. I suspect that in this case personal feelings of sorts were involved. It seems that she was closer to her husband even as kids this meant that she would perhaps choose him for that reason on top of that she would also assume that he would be easier to control than Dayrook. He was someone that enjoyed parties something that she also might have liked and since he was with other girls she could better control him over someone who was more focused on other stuff such as the company and all.

As for her wanting to accept the Rich Girl for Dayrook over Doran is still with her character. Sure she would give her more competition since she would be in a better position than Doran but that is something that she probably thinks that she can handle her. This would be because she thinks that since they come from similar social circles they would play the games by the same rules and all. As for Doran she thinks that she is so far below her that she isn’t even in her league. That is probably the real reason why she gets so jealous that everyone pays Doran more attention than her such as when their FiL gifted Doran a car instead of her. For her it was like how could a mere secretary compete with her and be gifted a car and all. With a rich person in a similar situation she probably wouldn’t feel so threatened. Infact if we try and compare the two So Young and Doran we would note that since So Young is rich herself she already has a car thus nobody in that family would have gifted her one. Then on top of that since she is rich Daya would probably assume that they would have similar tastes in certain areas such as fashion and someone who could appreciate art compared to someone like Doran. Infact I can imagine them discussing which Girl Group to invite for one of their Chariatable Functions and when given a choice between Rainbow and After School they both would agree that the former would be a better choice but with Doran they would each choose differently ie Doran would pick After School. :grin:

In regards to the fact that some of these people changed or didn’t after their marriage I want to point something in regards to Miran. She did try to change such as preparing food for her family and all but she was prevented from doing so from her MiL and perhaps even her husband. That really can’t be her fault. One can argue that prior to her wedding she was taking announcer classes but stopped doing them after she got married. True but I think that there was an adjustment time after she got married and all plus she probably wasn’t so sure that she would get permission to do so. But she recently announced that she was going to restart taking them. Daya really hasn’t changed much she just aims to reach the top without putting any work on her own and that is why she suffers.

Someone mentioned that this was written by the same writer as Blow Breeze. Didn’t know that but after that point was brought to my attention I can see the similarities between the two. This writer must really like divorcing the main leads even though they still love each other but due to conditions beyond their control. Then we have third lead extra females who are interested in the male lead and will do anything to get him. Heck at this point I won’t put it past this writer that they will try and rehash their own plot where So Young will attempt to save Daerook’s life and everyone will think that she is the next best thing to chocolate chip cookies and will want her as their DiL. She will naturally be faking her condition and Daerook will only agree to marry her out of guilt but Miran will accidentally expose this and thus Dayrook will eventually return to being sad and single till the final episode where everyone will decide to approve of Doran once again and accept her.

As for the matter of the loan shark appearing at this moment is indeed something of interest. I just find it curious like the rest of you what it means as well as how did he come to be in such a state. Also is he aware that Mr. Kang even went to jail for murder or does he think that he became successful on his own. Clearly he doesn’t hold a grudge against him so that is good. Him being a witness to clear Mr. Kang’s name is an interesting thought but just as to how that happens remains to be seen. If we consider the fact that when Mr. Kang ran out of his office and bumped into Daya’s dad, he was knocked out unconscious so what exactly did he witness that night. The only way that I can probably see him playing a role of significance in this area is if it turns out that Daya’s Uncle is the real perpetrator of his BiL’s death. So what could have happened was since both of them (the Loan Shark and Daya’s Dad) were injured they were both rushed to the same hospital. Over there the loan shark regains conscious only to witness the BiL kill the dad such as removing the respirator from him and all or something similar. The loan shark fearing for his life either goes in hiding so that the uncle can’t find him and do the same thing or he was fooled by the uncle to keep silent in return for a big pay day which he didn’t give. Frankly in these scenarios and if we really want Mr. Kang to be innocent I would go with the former as this would also better explain the loan sharks current condition.

Daya’s Uncle is her late father’s older brother, and so he is her mother’s brother-in-law. As such, your speculation about him is not quite probable.

16 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

@dramaninja

I’m with you on this one. If WDR and DR don’t reconcile that means DY wins. That cannot happen.

For DY, yes, that might be true. But for the Wang family, having DR back as a DIL would be their win. Especially Madam Airhead - think about how regretful she'll be if (1) DR gets together with TP, whose family is supposedly much richer, and WDR lives unhappily; and/or (2) WDR marries his old flame (whatever the hell her name is) and she turns out be bossy, and WDR is still unhappy. Not to mention if DR goes back to that house, Madam Airhead will have someone to help deal with Grandma's dementia (that is, if Grandma is still alive by the end of the drama, which I think is unlikely).

27 minutes ago, luvabe said:

For DY, yes, that might be true. But for the Wang family, having DR back as a DIL would be their win. Especially Madam Airhead - think about how regretful she'll be if (1) DR gets together with TP, whose family is supposedly much richer, and WDR lives unhappily; and/or (2) WDR marries his old flame (whatever the hell her name is) and she turns out be bossy, and WDR is still unhappy. Not to mention if DR goes back to that house, Madam Airhead will have someone to help deal with Grandma's dementia (that is, if Grandma is still alive by the end of the drama, which I think is unlikely).

Yes. You are so right with this. Thas why as for now I do not want DR back at that house. She deserves better. Much better. 

DR deserves better. Mr. Kang also deserves better. Even if he did actually commit murder, the Wang family still doesn't deserve having him as an in-law. I'm particularly disappointed in Grandma and Chairman Wang. They knew Mr. Kang and DR were good people at heart, yet they dismissed them so quickly and easily once the secret came out :pensive:

On 2/17/2019 at 1:08 AM, Gaia2u said:

So sad how the writer & director have messed up this drama, hard to have sympathy for characters that only scream...really bothers me that so many KDramas make many women look so bad, great that they have so many roles though.  In this episode, self-pity ruled almost every character. So much overacting, compensation for a weak script. The way they showed "dropping off GrandMa" was disgusting! The FIL such a wishy-washy character, ugh! The story will, hopefully, start revealing the truth quickly - that would be the karmic reason for all the entanglement, though it would still not ensure a happy ending with such hateful weak people...

I don't think that FIL is that wishy-washy.  He was really left in a position where there was nothing else he could do.  Each and every time, he stuck up for DR bc of his mother.  However, the fact that Kang killed the Brat's dad is something that FIL cannot overcome.  I don't think that anyone can.  Even to ask the Wang family to accept Kang when he murdered just some stranger is a LOT to ask for.  But due to the connections, it's impossible.  And Grandma got to the point where they had to move her to a facility.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:28 AM, Jamie Hartford said:

Guys, DR might be Wanf grandma’s granddaughter.  Today, in one of her episodes, she said her mom told her not to let go of her little sister’s hand.  So she might’ve lost her little sister that.  How are they going to reveal that? 

This is just too crazy.  This harkens back to old school K-dramas where incest for some reason was a popular theme.  I think this would just take this drama to a place that one one could accept.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, dramaninja said:

Basically some of you want the evil and garbage to win in the end if they succeed in permanelty  serperating DR and WDR by force.

Because thats was their main goal for the longest. no one will be really happy in the end of they go that route.

No, the Wang family loses if DR ends up marrying TP (if he is, indeed, a chaebol's grandson).  WDR loves DR and he's going to pine for her for a while.  He's coming home drunk, he's depressed, and the entire family can see that he's suffering (except for the Brat).  Too besides, they had to put Grandma into a nursing facility because of her Alzheimer's.  Then there's the fact that DR was actually a help to B&F with her ideas.  So, the Wang family loses out quite a bit.  And the drama could end like that--DR goes back to school and becomes a successful lawyer, marries TP (if he's a richie rich, too), and the Wang family realizes what DR could have been to them as well.  And, of course, WDR is still unhappy and his mother clearly sees that.  And, the Wang family is left with just the Brat as a DIL.  I saw another drama like that where the female lead finally said that enough was enough and left her boyfriend bc BF'm mom was so bad (when they weren't even all that rich).  Female then married a super rich guy.  Drama ended with old BF sad but moving on and BF's mom full of regrets.  Not sure if that's where this drama will go.  Bc the Wang family wasn't that bad.  It's just the Brat that needs to be purged from the family.

On 2/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, Doloris B said:

Type O negative or Type AB.

O- only.  Apparently, any type of (-) blood in Korea is rare.  Being AB may be rare, but AB can accept any kind of blood.  So it doesn't matter that AB blood (+/-) is rare, because it can still accept O- blood (the universal blood and plentiful in many other countries, and usually kept in ready supply by all hospitals because it's the universal donor blood), A- blood, B- blood, and AB- blood.

21 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

So since there is a lot of talk on Kang and HJ and how she cannot seem to forget Kang.  So in episode 90, we see HJ goes to her sister and beg her to forgive Kang because she can't seem to get over Kang.  And from episode 87 to 89, we see how much she cried and how much she wants to get over him, but I guess when you in love nothing can stop it, lol.  So this topic has been a big talk in Naver, debating whether her action was too selfish and that she doesn't think about her sister's feelings.  Especially someone who raised her like a daughter.  So in Naver, there are many Koreans and when I raised my opinions, they all give me thumbs down because of I, personally was for the action.  Also, some wonder what ran through the writer's head when she wrote that part.  HJ is crazily in love with Kang, but netizens said it shouldn't be to the point where she is now.  She is begging her own sister to forgive someone who killed her husband/brother-in-law, some may say that is crazy action.  I wonder what do foreigners think of it.  I am really interested to see what you'll think of HJ's action towards her sister.  

I'm a Korean who has lived in the U.S. for 95% of her life and I think that HJ's reaction is not right.

1. She hasn't even talked to Kang about the  murder.  (Or, at least, it wasn't shown.)  Going with the assumption that she hasn't even talked to him, all she knows is that he's a murderer (who has obviously regretted his actions).  That alone should give her pause.  He isn't just someone who went to prison--he's a murderer.  He doesn't even try to explain or deny or anything.  And because he doesn't say anything, it's taken as agreement that he's a murderer.
  2. Not only is he a murderer, he killed your BIL.  So now, it's become a murder/crime that's actually connected to you personally.  You are part of the victim's family.
  3. Finally, he murdered your sister's husband.  Your sister, who raised you like a mother, who was a mother to you.  I'm not sure how much of it is true, but the Brat's mom makes it seem as though they had a super close relationship before HJ moved to the U.S. and married Freddy.  So this makes it even more wrong that HJ is asking her sister to forgive Kang.  Especially as it seems that only a few weeks have passed since it was all disclosed.

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I'm a Korean who has lived in the U.S. for 95% of her life and I think that HJ's reaction is not right.

1. She hasn't even talked to Kang about the  murder.  (Or, at least, it wasn't shown.)  Going with the assumption that she hasn't even talked to him, all she knows is that he's a murderer (who has obviously regretted his actions).  That alone should give her pause.  He isn't just someone who went to prison--he's a murderer.  He doesn't even try to explain or deny or anything.  And because he doesn't say anything, it's taken as agreement that he's a murderer.
  2. Not only is he a murderer, he killed your BIL.  So now, it's become a murder/crime that's actually connected to you personally.  You are part of the victim's family.
  3. Finally, he murdered your sister's husband.  Your sister, who raised you like a mother, who was a mother to you.  I'm not sure how much of it is true, but the Brat's mom makes it seem as though they had a super close relationship before HJ moved to the U.S. and married Freddy.  So this makes it even more wrong that HJ is asking her sister to forgive Kang.  Especially as it seems that only a few weeks have passed since it was all disclosed.

I see what you are saying now.  But let me correct myself when I said I root for her action.  I appreciate the fact that she stands by his side no matter what flaws he has, but not the part that she goes to her sister and ask her to forgive him.  I think HJ went too far in terms of that.  I do what to say that HJ did ask Kang what kind of crime he committed, it was in episode 84, but it just didn't show that he actually said it.  I feel like HJ is the kind of character that you won't find a lot in this world, especially in this world.  

Also, I want to point out something; I feel like unless you have been with that person or get to know this person on a personal level, then you will never really know that person.  In this drama, the only person, besides DR, HJ is the only other person who actually got to know Kang.  She hangs out with him like almost every day, so she knows what kind of person he is.  On the other hand, everyone else just looked at Kang on the outside, his title, and social status, thus they don't want to know him.  My point is, I feel like the only reason why HJ was able to forgive him because she knows Kang on a personal level.  But i am not saying she should ask her sister to forgive him also.  She never judged his social status, right from the beginning.  I am sure Kang didn't give any excuses.  And I do agree that HJ probably should have asked more details, but what is the point of knowing the detail?  Also, if HS had known Kang on a personal level, then she, herself would have forgiven him because she would know he repented!  That's all I am going to say.  

Archived