[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I am new to this thread, haha!!  I am here because of Jin Kyung!!  She happens to be my favorite one in this show!!  Is just me or does everyone else think she might've been picked up on the street when she was young because she is so different from her sister, Hong Shil and her niece, DY?  I really love how she is so understanding and caring.  She knows that she is rich, yet she doesn't show off her status and treats everyone the same.  To be honest, she is much richer than DY's family or her in-laws, anyone with me on that? 

Is anyone else excited for the romance between her and DR's father?  I think is soo cute, is like they are back to their teenage age, haha!!  Also, I love how bold HJ is to confess her love for him!!  To be honest, she really doesn't need anyone's blessing except DR's to marry her father.  Unless when she finds out his big secret, which is the death of her brother-in-law, which can either change or she is going to stay faithful to him or stay away from him.  I choose the first one!!  What does everyone think how their love story will unfold?  I hope it won't be too painful to watch.  

BTW, I made a little MV of this couple, please check it out!! 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

if they split DR and WDR up i quit the series :rage:

I think if uee know that her father was a criminal she will break up with DR without telling him the truth,and quit her in law,she will use the new guy as an excuse to split with .put yourself at her place, after the break up she find that she is

Pregnant 

let’s not jump out the box. Doubt WDR and DR ain’t going to split because of the new guy. granma is too dependent on DR and Kang. So the Wang family is forever bonded to DoRan.  

Technically where DoRan goes granma goes. Period.

it’s interesting how this storyline will play out as it affects everyone in drama. I think the new addition juices up the story. he is very handsome dude, So whatever role he plays will be interesting.  though the ex prisoner is juicy storyline as well.  

11 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Is anyone else excited for the romance between her and DR's father?  I think is soo cute, is like they are back to their teenage age, haha!!  Also, I love how bold HJ is to confess her love for him!!

I'm with you. These two are my favorite couple. My gut tells me that when Mr. Kang's past is revealed, just about everyone will abandon him but she won't. She'll stay by his side and probably bankroll getting his name cleared.

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

if they split DR and WDR up i quit the series

Me too.

Did anyone know this drama has how many episode? Weekend drama has usually 50, but it is extened so im not sure...

P/S: im so annoyed with all the characters in this drama, first DR’s mom, then Eunyoung, Daya, now Daya’s mom, They all think their sons are too good for anyone.

if WDR and DR separate i think im going to stop watching the drama until they are back together. If in the end they are not then i stop for good. Poor Lee Jang Woo i like him a lot..

https://www.hancinema.net/ratings-my-only-one-breaks-40percent-again-125892.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&

photo1030792.jpg

"My Only One" broke through 40% once again.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the KBS 2TV weekend drama "My Only One" rated 35.2% and 40%, which shows an increase of 2.7% and 3.9% from the previous episodes.

This is also the second time the drama has made it to 40% after it recorded 41.6% on the 14th.

Kang Soo-il (Choi Soo-jong) was at risk of being revealed of his past conviction and Kim Mi-ran (Na Hye-mi) officially started to bully Kim Do-ran (UEE).

MBC's "My Healing Love" rated 10.2%, 12.8%, 12.6%, and 14.0%.

The problem now is that the nosy Daya will spoil everything. And Doran's inlaws will never accept an ex-convict's daughter. I used to look at the romantic side only, but I think I am older and wiser now :D. If we look at the whole picture, I think things are not smooth at all. Don't quit watching chingus. From the start we knew that Daya suspected Kang of killing her dad. So.....

14 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this thread, haha!!  I am here because of Jin Kyung!!  She happens to be my favorite one in this show!!  Is just me or does everyone else think she might've been picked up on the street when she was young because she is so different from her sister, Hong Shil and her niece, DY?  I really love how she is so understanding and caring.  She knows that she is rich, yet she doesn't show off her status and treats everyone the same.  To be honest, she is much richer than DY's family or her in-laws, anyone with me on that? 

I LOVE Hong Joo!  I especially love her style.  I also love how she's such a consistent character.  She was naive and completely open in her youth, which caused her to be used and dumped by a Richard Simmons.  Despite that, she isn't bitter and she's still naive and open in her love now.  She is genuinely kind and trusting, but not a complete airhead (like Madame Oh).  Although her ex is trying to get back into her life (probably bc he knows that she's rich), she doesn't automatically believe his lies.  She also sticks to her principles, like when her nasty sister opposed her relationship with Driver Kang.

4 hours ago, mizv said:

let’s not jump out the box. Doubt WDR and DR ain’t going to split because of the new guy. granma is too dependent on DR and Kang. So the Wang family is forever bonded to DoRan.  

Technically where DoRan goes granma goes. Period.

I agree.  Did anyone else notice how Grandma has an episode whenever something goes wrong for DR?  So DR got kicked out and Grandma had an episode that lasted until DR was allowed back home.  Grandma's episodes were never that long before in the past.  I think I read somewhere (perhaps someone else's post here and I'm sorry to not remember and give credit where due) that the new handsome guy is supposed to be married already?  Hopefully that plot arc will be interesting, but if it's just to add a few episodes of more drama, then I can do without it, despite the eye candy that he provides.  There is enough drama without having to add that as well.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Diep Tran said:

P/S: im so annoyed with all the characters in this drama, first DR’s mom, then Eunyoung, Daya, now Daya’s mom, They all think their sons are too good for anyone.

I know that you're new to this forum, but are you new to Kdrama as well?  And I don't mean that to be offensive or anything, just honestly curious.  Because this is something that is almost necessary in a Kdrama.  No one, and I mean no one is ever good enough for a mother's precious son.  The rich moms are particularly worse, but even the moms that are not doing so well financially never think that their son's gf or wife is good enough.  Unless that gf or DIL happens to be a rich chaebol herself.  Welcome to the world of Kdrama.  And, as MR's mom said in the most recent episode: "you don't know how dirty in-laws can be."

While I was watching episodes 73/74, here are my few thoughts:

Is just me, or is HJ and Mr. Kang's role is switched because usually, guys are the one who confesses their love and ladies are the ones who waits.  Wow, society has changed so much. Nowadays, girls are more coming fourth than boys.  And the love HJ has for Mr. Kang is believable, trust me, there are times I forget this is just a drama.  Jin Kyung makes it so believable.  Anyways, back to the story, HJ is the first one to make all the moves.  She's the first one to confess her love, the first one to hug him, not mention, she is also the first to kiss him (even if is an accident).  OMG, he needs to do something for her.  Which all of us understands why he's not, it just drives me nuts to see she's the one who makes all the effort and him kind of just go with the flow.  And I might sound a little bit rude, but that's kind of how I see it. 

I just feel like he needs to do something special for her!  By now, I think I can safely say that we all know he loves her and of course, she loves him to death.  She would do anything for this man.  It might be a prevented love by everyone else, but he needs to love her while he can!  Of course, once the secret is out, yes she will be heartbroken, but I will surely hope she will hear it from no one else but his.  Everything needs to come out of his mouth into her ears.  That's something special he can do for her.  It will be a real disappointment if she hears it from a third party because that's like saying HJ is not important enough for him, (like his daughter situation).  Also, Mr. Kang needs to tell his daughter too before she finds out from another person.  I just think everything is better if a person finds out themselves rather than hearing it from a third party.  That being said, HJ will be sad and heartbroken, but she will also forgive him and understand him!  Mr. Kang just needs to trust HJ as she trusts him, also, lean on her and let her be his umbrella and shelter!!   Have a little faith in her. Let me tell you; no one will be one his side except HJ and his daughter.  That should say a lot! 

I knew. It wasn't going to be long before the other shoe

dropped. Just to finished today's episode. The Secret is out, Doran now knows her dad was in the slammer. Thanks to his friend spilling the beans. While giving out meals in a shelter a old man recognized him. Also Doran found her fathers lock box in his  closet with pictures and letters from jail. Ugh why did not burn them?. And another thing why would you want to be seen anywhere with DW he's a ex convict it can't end well . In the preview its looks like she maybe asking WDR to seperate? Divorce? . WDR is a real sweetheart I don't know how much more his heart will take. 

54 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation for the preview.

MR: Mom, did you perhaps eat beef ribs with the ajummas using Go Rae-shi’s credit card? Go Rae-shi’s card, give it to me immediately!
OEY: Do you find me that ridiculous?! (meaning is MR trying to fool her)
Do Ran: Dae Ryuk-shi, I no longer have the confidence to be able to live with Dae Ryuk-shi any more.
Man: Hyung-nim! Young Woo Hyung-nim!
Do Ran: My father is Kim Young Woo?
Men: (can’t make out the rabble of voices)
Do Ran: My father is not that kind of man! He’s not!

So, it seems that Dae Ryuk's mother may have found out that Do Ran's father is an ex-con or something because Dae Ryuk's mother is up in arms about Do Ran trying to fool her again. *sigh* I guess I can't blame Do Ran for becoming completely tired of it all. I used to think that Dae Ryuk's mother actually had a sweet side to her, but they've made her completely hysterical and ridiculous. Still, I can't image that DR and DR will break up that easily. Poor Dae Ryuk who has been so steadfast so far. I suppose it's interesting how these kdramas show the power of the family to ruin a marriage.

Then again, this is the drama world. Does this mean that they really are introducing a new leading man into Do Ran's life? Btw, I think I made a mistake reading through things quickly. The new guy isn't married, so he's coming in as a fresh male lead, whether he becomes DR's new man or adds a love triangle to DR's life remains to be seen.

Still, it seems as if the only thing left that fills me with any anticipation is DY getting dumped by her husband so that instead of becoming mistress of the house as she so much wants, she becomes a divorcee that no other man will want because she's such an evil whiny troublemaker.

Oh the Karma bus is coming for Ms DY just in small doses. Her hubby is slowly tiring of her nonsense. 

I really wish Daeryuk defends Doran :( 

Why are almost all guys (except very few) don't stand up for their parents?

I mean Doran needs someone to defend her but it seems Daeryuk won't be able to oppose his parents esp. his mother. That is why Doran is in a tough situation. Plz chingus don't blame Doran. She is ill-treated by her MIL :( . She has pride that's why she can't go on. Daeryuk could have solved things if he moved out and defended his wife with all his might. But in Korean drama, I never find the guy defending his girl enough. :( 

Also I think the writer's main interest is Doran and her dad, that is why Doran stands by her dad no matter what. It touched me in the preview that Doran is defending her dad and tries to protect him from the eggs thrown. I love Doran's relationship with her dad. It makes me cry. They are the best pair in this drama and the main reason for me to watch. I am not worried about Doran's uniting back with Daeryuk at some point. 

About introducing a new guy, it drags the plot for longer :( (I think that is why the drama is extended :( ). It wasn't really necessary. But for sure, this new guy will be temporary. But it is not good to introduce someone new now. It upsets the plot.

37 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really wish Daeryuk defends Doran :( 

Why are almost all guys (except very few) don't stand up for their parents?

I mean Doran needs someone to defend her but it seems Daeryuk won't be able to oppose his parents esp. his mother. That is why Doran is in a tough situation. Plz chingus don't blame Doran. She is ill-treated by her MIL :( . She has pride that's why she can't go on. Daeryuk could have solved things if he moved out and defended his wife with all his might. But in Korean drama, I never find the guy defending his girl enough. :( 

Also I think the writer's main interest is Doran and her dad, that is why Doran stands by her dad no matter what. It touched me in the preview that Doran is defending her dad and tries to protect him from the eggs thrown. I love Doran's relationship with her dad. It makes me cry. They are the best pair in this drama and the main reason for me to watch. I am not worried about Doran's uniting back with Daeryuk at some point. 

About introducing a new guy, it drags the plot for longer :( (I think that is why the drama is extended :( ). It wasn't really necessary. But for sure, this new guy will be temporary. Maybe he will help Doran be a stronger and more independent woman. She really needs to change. I hope this guy acts kindly towards Doran's dad.

Ehhh he has defended her many many times now he cant be there all the time to  do it.She does not even defend herself much nor does her dad he cant do everything its just not  possible.

Also if they try that stuff with the new guy stuff to me it would be a copout if she need someone else besides her dad or husband her husband to make her stronger  then what is the point?

I will drop the drama if they tried that.

Archived