[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder if MR's mother finally upset MR's mother-in-law with her stupid conniving in some way. I'm not very fond of So Yang Ja, so I think a little karma returning to kick her isn't a bad thing. How in the world both DR and MR came out to be such good daughters when MR is a bit of a cow is something that could only happen in a drama. In RL, the daughters would have picked up on their mother's negativity rather than just the father's kindness, especially after losing that kind influence earlier in their lives and having to only live watching the spiteful, petty mother.

Also, tired of DY. I'm sure having overheard the conversation between DR and DR, she's immediately going to go tattling to MIL in order to get her to see what an opportunist DR and her father are. DY is so icky. But, I don't know what her denouement is going to be since it won't be jail. I'm still holding out for her husband getting tired of her and divorcing her.

I think now that MR's MIL knows that her son was never gay, everything that she really felt about MR and her mother is coming out.  MR's MIL would never have accept MR as her DIL unless it was to hide her son's supposed gayness.  Now that she knows her son is not gay, she's no longer happy with MR.  Never mind that MR never knew what her MIL was thinking, but I'm sure that MIL thinks that she was being deceived and lied to this whole time.  MIL and Aunt never liked MR's mother (and who could blame them), and now MR's MIL feels free to behave as she wants towards MR and her mom.

I also want YR to divorce the Brat.  I don't think she ever really liked him, and I'm not all that sure that he really liked her either.  He was just upset that she wouldn't meet him anymore.  The Brat just wants to be the madame of the house, which goes to show how stupid she is.  Did she think that YR was just sowing his wild oats at the restaurant he had before, and that he would join the corporation?  Even if he did, what's he going to do there?  He's not going to have a corporate role because that isn't how he was trained.  If she wanted to be the madame so much, she should have set her sights on DR to begin with.

I will keep watching this drama, but I'm a little tired of it now.  It's been so draggy lately with DR Long Face.  Ever since DR and DR got married, their story arc has been boring.  MR and GR added some nice relief to that, but now their story arc is going to be all angsty and boring, too.  Grandma's episodes add a little humor, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I think of those in real life who have loved ones suffering from Alzheimer's and there is a part of me that feels bad for enjoying the scenes where Grandma has an episode.  Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease and I am conflicted about how this drama at times makes light of it.

Anyway, back to where this drama is going, we know that the whole issue of DR's dad being a murderer is going to have to come up and I can already see DR Long Face coming back, and her crying or on her knees constantly, DR's MIL upset and demanding a divorce again, the Brat now actually having a reason to demand that DR/DR divorce, and just ugh.  Not sure if I can handle how draggy the drama is going to get.

I will keep watching this drama, but I'm a little tired of it now.  It's been so draggy lately with DR Long Face.  Ever since DR and DR got married, their story arc has been boring. 

I am agreeing with u , I am struggling with DR beyond the big event episode , she come cross boring . 

The writer are not developing the character , they just putting her in increasingly devastating plot ad proclaiming her their tragic heroine . 

I'm starting to feel the same @jechoi1 I need to see some sort of character development in KDR. It's just dragging and dragging. We just keep going aropund in circles, Daya stirs the pot, then there's chaos, DR cries and apologies for ocmething or the other, it gets semi-resolved, there's calm, Daya gets annoyed so she digs and stirs the pot again, rinse, repeat. 

It's time delusion Daya get's hers. All now she still thinks she can be a madam married to the 2nd son. Hope can't wait for hubby to leave her richard simmons, mind he's kind of an idiot too so kinda feel they deserve each other to some degree.

I hope prison friend has sense and realise the kinda of stigma prison brings in their society and keeps it zipped.

1 hour ago, shutthatdoor said:

they just putting her in increasingly devastating plot ad proclaiming her their tragic heroine . 

I miss the feisty, go-getter, determined and fierce DR. Why are they making her the opposite of what she was? 

DR is not the heroine of this drama. I am thinking it is a drama on HOW TO BE A BAD MOTHER in every way. 

47 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I miss the feisty, go-getter, determined and fierce DR. Why are they making her the opposite of what she was? 

I think because she dealing with her MIL and she’s supposed to be a nice one but personally I expected her by now to develop a thoug skin , stay strong , neutral and defuse conflict, but somewhere though the good points of her character started to erode gradually one by one  , and we left with half DR we fall in  love with . 

https://www.hancinema.net/song-won-seok-joins-my-only-one-125702.html

photo1029164.jpg

hmmm he's a new addition to our fave drama! i wonder what significance he'd be in DR's life?

Song Won-seok is joining the drama "My Only One".

"My Only One" is about a woman whose life becomes complicated after meeting her father for the first time 28 years. He has had to hide himself but when he finally emerges, she is the only one on his side.

Song Won-seok is taking on the role of Lee Tae-poong, an independent young man who is going to take lead of the later half of the drama. It's a great deal, being cast in a drama that's on a 40% viewing percentage roll. As a rookie actor, it may be a burden for him.

Song Won-seok said, "It's a pleasurable burden. I am grateful for the role and I promise not to get in the way".

Song Won-seok starred in the KBS 2TV "TV Novel - Dal-soon's Spring", MBC Everyone "Sweet and Salty Office" and others.

I disagree that the drama is boring. It is becoming more complicated. I am enjoying the relationship between Doran and her dad. It is the best. Ever since Doran discovered that Kang is her dad, I started liking the drama more. I am just worried about Daya. She is going to interfere in everything and cause trouble :( 

44 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I disagree that the drama is boring. It is becoming more complicated. I am enjoying the relationship between Doran and her dad. It is the best. Ever since Doran discovered that Kang is her dad, I started liking the drama more. I am just worried about Daya. She is going to interfere in everything and cause trouble :( 

I a gree with you.the drama become more and more interessed. But some find it biring because they focus in the romance more,but the stories in this drama are real especialy about the in law, you said doran is weak ,but if you put yourself on her place you will do the same

2 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Lee Tae-poong, an independent young man who is going to take lead of the later half of the drama

Kind of confused by this announcement. Are they saying WDR/DR will eventually split up and this new guy will be a new love interest? Let me know now, so I can get off the train and not waste anymore time on this drama.

42 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Kind of confused by this announcement. Are they saying WDR/DR will eventually split up and this new guy will be a new love interest? Let me know now, so I can get off the train and not waste anymore time on this drama.

I would stick around because I think him being "independent" might give DR some strength and enable her success. I do think the story with Mr. Kim will come out and heaven knows our heroine will need all the help she can get. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation from @Nour Alhouda's post.

Man/Kang: Oh, that time, that person -  (Is this the new person joining the drama?)
Man: I’m here because I’ve heard that you’re hiring someone.
GR: When you were under the misunderstanding that I was a homosexual, then you were grateful and were nice to her. But, now that you find out that I’m not, does it make sense that you should hate Mi Ran?
MR: Go Rae-shi
MR Mother: Hey, you fraudster!
HJ: Teach, I’ve run away.
Kang: You say you’re run away?
WDR: Father-in-law, we’ve come!
HJ: What do we do? What do we do?
Kang: Hong Joo-shi
KDR: Thank you very much.
Man: Oh, this is nothing. When I was in prison, when I think of how much I owe hyung -
DY: Sister’s dad, what in the world is his true background?

I'm not sure what to make of this new guy. I thought Lee Jang Woo was doing well as Wang Dae Ryuk in his comeback drama after his military discharge? However, I notice in the cast listings that in addition to Song Won Seok as Soo Il, Park Hyun Jung is joining as Soo Il's wife. So perhaps, they're introducing a new couple to be able to add another story line with the episode extensions rather than to redo the pairings in the drama? I think I would be disappointed if DR and DR split up to form new pairings.

Anyway, back to the preview, it seems as if DY is going to scent out that DR's father had been in prison. She's such a little annoyance.

Yeah no way doing a drastic thing like that so late in the drama ,I guessing  they needed another young couple that isnt  evil and stupid lol.The connection they have  is too strong not to mention her connection to his grandmom.

DY needs to get a life at this point.

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I certainly hope not, DR/WDR period otherwise i'd also be disappointed to the max :( over the years watching kdramas a % of what i've watched got me disappointed & am sorry to say this, i started with Lovers in Paris woah it was soooo good but then at the end i and many other viewers were quite disappointed bec of the ending! i hope this one will continue to really leave us with a good feeling!!:wub:

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation from @Nour Alhouda's post.

Kang: Welcome-

Man/Kang: Oh, that time, that person -  (Is this the new person joining the drama?)
Man: I’m here because I’ve heard that you’re hiring someone.
GR: When you were under the misunderstanding that I was a homosexual, then you were grateful and were nice to her. But, now that you find out that I’m not, does it make sense that you should hate Mi Ran?
MR: Go Rae-shi
MR Mother: Hey, you fraudster!
HJ: Teach, I’ve run away.
Kang: You say you’re run away?
WDR: Father-in-law, we’ve come!
HJ: What do we do? What do we do?
Kang: Hong Joo-shi
KDR: Thank you very much.
Man: Oh, this is nothing. When I was in prison, when I think of how much I owe hyung -
DY: Sister’s dad, what in the world is his true background?

I'm not sure what to make of this new guy. I thought Lee Jang Woo was doing well as Wang Dae Ryuk in his comeback drama after his military discharge? However, I notice in the cast listings that in addition to Song Won Seok as Soo Il, Park Hyun Jung is joining as Soo Il's wife. So perhaps, they're introducing a new couple to be able to add another story line with the episode extensions rather than to redo the pairings in the drama? I think I would be disappointed if DR and DR split up to form new pairings.

Anyway, back to the preview, it seems as if DY is going to scent out that DR's father had been in prison. She's such a little annoyance.

Soo Il’s wife, the actress was from his past!! As far as I know the only pair Soo Il have is HJ!  Of course she has her ex-boyfriend will give them problem.  Correct me if I am wrong!! 

6 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Mr Kang's new lawyer? Do Ran sunbaenim and mentor hopefully.  Would hope WDR and DR battle through to the end.

7 hours ago, Nour Alhouda said:

I a gree with you.the drama become more and more interessed. But some find it biring because they focus in the romance more,but the stories in this drama are real especialy about the in law, you said doran is weak ,but if you put yourself on her place you will do the same

I am one of those who is getting frustrated and bored by where this drama has been going recently, and I think it's incorrect to say that our boredom is due to us focusing only on the romance.  I'm bored and frustrated because of DR Long Face.  She's no longer the spunky girl she was in the beginning. Yes, I agree that her situation has changed now that she's married, but it's a little too exaggerated and too much.  More importantly, it's not going to change for a while.  We know the drama has to somehow reveal and then resolve DR's dad's prison term and murder so no blue skies ahead in the immediate future.  Also, while DR's situation has changed, it's not like she's ever had an easy life.  The DR of recent episodes is like a black hole that seems to suck out all energy.  I'm also bored and frustrated because other than DR Long Face, none of the other characters have really developed or changed.  On top of that, the plot seems to just plod along.  It's one big problem after another.  I know that we are in what I like to call the "hump" part of a longer drama series--that section where nothing goes right for the main character and it's one drama after another.  But, with the pace that this drama is taking, I feel as though this hump is going to take a long time.  If this were a daily drama, the hump wouldn't take as long and it wouldn't feel so laggy.  However, we only get 2 episodes per week, which makes it seem to drag extra long.

Archived