[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

4 hours ago, msaamia said:

I really don't like Dae Ryook's mom - I love it when the grandma goes into her dementia periods cause it's so funny to see her call her a wench lol ( I guess I'm kinda mean). And like you said once they find out about the killer and Do Ran's connection - lots  of things will go down. 

:lol: At first I was just as appalled with the grandmother when she called her that name after she saw her give her husband a peck on the cheek before sending him off to work but now I sometimes find myself amused especially after she actually began to snub her best friend because of her misfortune. I mean, the husband died in an unfortunate event and there was nothing that the friend could have done to prevent that misfortune. She should at least be understanding of her friend’s situation.

About DY, I find her a bit silly. She shouldn’t force the guy to marry her. It’s not a good idea to start her marriage off that way. He should at least be willing not coerced or guilt-tripped into marriage. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

:lol: At first I was just as appalled with the grandmother when she called her that name after she saw her give her husband a peck on the cheek before sending him off to work but now I sometimes find myself amused especially after she actually began to snub her best friend because of her misfortune. I mean, the husband died in an unfortunate event and there was nothing that the friend could have done to prevent that misfortune. She should at least be understanding of her friend’s situation.

About DY, I find her a bit silly. She shouldn’t force the guy to marry her. It’s not a good idea to start her marriage off that way. He should at least be willing and coerced or guilt-tripped into marriage. 

Yeah same here! :lol: And me too, like she defended her best friend in front of their other friends but when it came to actually show her actual friendship she decided to think about the bad omen of DaYa coming in the house because she's the daughter of a person who got murdered. 

Yeah DaYa only wants to marry him because of the financial security but she acts like she actually likes him. So I guess they wanna show the side of love where you really aren't in love with the person but their status.

So far the only couple I'm rooting for is Wang Dae Rook and Kim Do Ran. And I also wanna mention that Wang Dae Rook is so normal - like when his dad was like oh yeah I selected Do Ran because she helped your grandma be safe.. like he wasn't all mean about it. So far I'm enjoying the show until it chooses random plot lines but I just hope it doesn't go the route of My Golden Life.

@msaamia, Dae Rook is ultimately a nice guy. He’s not snobbish at all and quite down to earth. Even when others released his photos on the internet of his past chubby self, he didn’t really act like most rich guys would. He seems like a normal guy without the airs of a rich person. I’m so curious to know how he would behave in a relationship with Do Ran. Would he defend her, stand by her or would he give her up for his family? Only time will tell.

I think the father’s love interest was in the preview for next week.

@msaamia, now that I’ve seen today’s episodes I see what you mean about Da Ya. She actually blatantly admitted to her mother that she wants to move in to Dae Ryook’s home so that she’ll become the lady of the house despite the fact that she’s only marrying the younger brother. Wow. She wants to win grandma and the parents over so that when Dae Ryook’s wife enters the household she, Da Ya, will still be considered the lady of the company. The more I see of her character the more uncomfortable I am about her. 

14 hours ago, msaamia said:

So far the only couple I'm rooting for is Wang Dae Rook and Kim Do Ran. And I also wanna mention that Wang Dae Rook is so normal - like when his dad was like oh yeah I selected Do Ran because she helped your grandma be safe.. like he wasn't all mean about it. So far I'm enjoying the show until it chooses random plot lines but I just hope it doesn't go the route of My Golden Life.

Yeah, so far they're the only couple I'm rooting for as well. It's kind of refreshing about how normal he is. In terms of the writing, I didn't really realize until recently that the writer for this drama (Kim Sa Kyung) also did the writing for 'Blow Breeze' back in 2016. Honestly, aside from the main couple for 'Blow Breeze', every single other character drove me crazy lol. I'm hoping the writing for this drama doesn't go the way 'Blow Breeze' did. The only reason I was able to finish that drama was for the main couple lol.

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

Yeah, so far they're the only couple I'm rooting for as well. It's kind of refreshing about how normal he is. In terms of the writing, I didn't really realize until recently that the writer for this drama (Kim Sa Kyung) also did the writing for 'Blow Breeze' back in 2016. Honestly, aside from the main couple for 'Blow Breeze', every single other character drove me crazy lol. I'm hoping the writing for this drama doesn't go the way 'Blow Breeze' did. The only reason I was able to finish that drama was for the main couple lol.

Haha yeah there like the only normal couple in the show so far! And hmm I've never heard of that show but I totally feel you about the other couples. DaYa and little brother aren't that cute for me and not sure about when Do Ran's sister's story is going to start? I feel like the next couple I might root for is Do Ran's dad and his love interest. 

17 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@msaamia, now that I’ve seen today’s episodes I see what you mean about Da Ya. She actually blatantly admitted to her mother that she wants to move in to Dae Ryook’s home so that she’ll become the lady of the house despite the fact that she’s only marrying the younger brother. Wow. She wants to win grandma and the parents over so that when Dae Ryook’s wife enters the household she, Da Ya, will still be considered the lady of the company. The more I see of her character the more uncomfortable I am about her. 

Yeah she's totally about status and just money. I know for sure she's gonna act like richard simmons with Do Ran lol:bawling::joy:

6 hours ago, msaamia said:

Haha yeah there like the only normal couple in the show so far! And hmm I've never heard of that show but I totally feel you about the other couples. DaYa and little brother aren't that cute for me and not sure about when Do Ran's sister's story is going to start? I feel like the next couple I might root for is Do Ran's dad and his love interest. 

Yeah she's totally about status and just money. I know for sure she's gonna act like richard simmons with Do Ran lol:bawling::joy:

I’m also not into Yi Ryook and Da Ya. I’m looking forward to Mr. Kim and Hong Joo’s possible relationship and Mi Ran’s potential relationship. I hope Mi Ran grows into a useful person. I don’t like her mother but I want Mi Ran to be less spoil and take responsibility for herself.

It looks like Mr. Kim will be working to pay off the awful mother’s debt. I’m okay with that since he probably feels gratitude to Dong Cheol for raising Do Ran. However, I have a problem with that lousy woman once again blaming Do Ran for the trouble she brought upon herself. In the preview it also looks like she found out Do Ran found a job and probably wants to leech off her. I really hope the writer doesn’t turn Do Ran into a useful tool for that awful woman.

Honestly, I’m finding Da Ya more and more annoying. She acts very hysterical and that type of behavior annoys me to no end. It’s understandable that she’s shocked about the truth behind her father’s death but I find myself fast forwarding through her scenes because of her noise. The scenes for all the other characters I watch including her mother’s and her friends. 

I’m curious to know what you guys think of Do Ran’s father. What do you think of his early release and does he deserve a second chance? I ask because the four female friends are always talking about the death of the husband and the person who killed him.

this weeks episodes was really good.  I really loved De ryook and Doran scenes. De ryook was really funny when he tried to figure out why his heart beated so fast. 

I also fast forwarded Da ya scenes.  The truth about her dad was awful and I undestand that she was mad but something about Da ya doesn't sit right to me.  

I really liked Doran and her dad scenes. pure love.  So about Doran dad's release. Was it early release or did he sit out his full sentence.

I mean where I live life sentence doesn't mean you are going to die in prison. Longest record in here in life on prison has been 22 years. after that the man was released on prison. 

I don't have words on Doran Adoptive mother. Just pure disgust. FIrst she didn't want to call Doran bc she and miran didn't have a Place to go but when Miran told that Doran had changed her phone number the apdtive mother couldn't believe her ears. 

I so see that Adoptive mother and miran are going to leech Doran when they find out that she has job. 

@joccu, I believe Mr Kim was released because he received a pardon. He probably received it because of good behavior. From the nature of the conversation among the four friends, they seem to think that he would be in jail for life so perhaps convicts who are more violent don’t necessarily get out of prison while serving a life sentence.

I’m glad that Mr. Kim got a second chance. The death was an accident and he seems genuinely penitent. I think once his secret is exposed he’ll have to endure a social trial. I almost kind of want him to resign from working at that house. I just feel like it’s a time bomb if he continues working there especially with Da Ya and her family’s proximity to the family.

Regarding Do Ran, I really hope that she doesn’t invite that woman into her house. They should find their own room.

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Honestly, I’m finding Da Ya more and more annoying. She acts very hysterical and that type of behavior annoys me to no end. It’s understandable that she’s shocked about the truth behind her father’s death but I find myself fast forwarding through her scenes because of her noise. The scenes for all the other characters I watch including her mother’s and her friends. 

Da Ya is annoying and her loveline didn't interest me much, so I am forwarding her part as well, Chingu :grimace:.

But I find it more irratating that Da Ya's mother so decidedly hates the one who killed her husband that much, as if his husband was an honest and righteous guy. From the flashback it is obvious that her husband was a merciless loan shark and would not be hesistant to kick Do Ran's dad half death, and the death is accidental.  In fact if Do Ran's dad can find himeself a good enough lawyer, I believe he could have a much shorter sentence....

4 hours ago, joccu said:

I don't have words on Doran Adoptive mother. Just pure disgust. FIrst she didn't want to call Doran bc she and miran didn't have a Place to go but when Miran told that Doran had changed her phone number the apdtive mother couldn't believe her ears. 

I so see that Adoptive mother and miran are going to leech Doran when they find out that she has job. 

Unfortunately in most Korean family dramas we will have to bear the existance of similar human trash... this kind of makjang annoys me the most....And the cliche that in the end somehow these characters will abruptly have a change of heart....

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

But I find it more irratating that Da Ya's mother so decidedly hates the one who killed her husband that much, as if his husband was an honest and righteous guy. From the flashback it is obvious that her husband was a merciless loan shark and would not be hesistant to kick Do Ran's dad half death, and the death is accidental.  In fact if Do Ran's dad can find himeself a good enough lawyer, I believe he could have a much shorter sentence....

Actually her husband is the man who died in the hallway and not the loan shark. The husband’s death was accidental too. After the loan shark hit his head on the ground and died, Mr. Kim grabbed the cash lying on the desk without realizing that he also mistakenly took the knife (a plate with sliced apple was on the desk). Therefore, when he ran into Da Ya’s father and Da Ya’s father tried to stop him by the request of the lady from the loan shark’s office, Mr. Kim basically shoved him away, they both fell and the knife ended up lodged in Da Ya’s father’s chest. Mr. Kim definitely didn’t realize he had a knife. 

17 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m also not into Yi Ryook and Da Ya. I’m looking forward to Mr. Kim and Hong Joo’s possible relationship and Mi Ran’s potential relationship. I hope Mi Ran grows into a useful person. I don’t like her mother but I want Mi Ran to be less spoil and take responsibility for herself.

It looks like Mr. Kim will be working to pay off the awful mother’s debt. I’m okay with that since he probably feels gratitude to Dong Cheol for raising Do Ran. However, I have a problem with that lousy woman once again blaming Do Ran for the trouble she brought upon herself. In the preview it also looks like she found out Do Ran found a job and probably wants to leech off her. I really hope the writer doesn’t turn Do Ran into a useful tool for that awful woman.

I’m curious to know what you guys think of Do Ran’s father. What do you think of his early release and does he deserve a second chance? I ask because the four female friends are always talking about the death of the husband and the person who killed him.

Yeah I also really hope Mi Ran turns out to be someone who can really take control of herself and just get a career. 

Yeah Mr. Kim is too nice and me too! I haven't seen ep 13-14 yet but man the mom is full of crap! :angry:

Yeah Da Ya is really weird but I guess I can see her as some girls who just want to have a life full of financial security and  she doesn't want to go through the same issues her mom did. And haha same here! I usually try to skip her and Yi Ryook cause ugh theyre so annoying! 

Honestly I really like him and he does get a chance because he's actually so hardworking and still cares for his daughter even though its been years. So I thought he got a death sentence (like the friends talk about it) and funny enough Da Ya's mom never really followed the case? She doesn't know he's been released? But because he was so good in prison and completed his sentence so maybe they released him? 

24 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

https://youtu.be/8XE5hRfFlXs

Oh, the video link above has me so annoyed with this writer. The stepmother forced her way into Do Ran’s place and will now begin living there. I would have called the police on her but I guess it’s because I’m from the Western part of the world. I’m so furious right now.

I'm not even surprised, it was obvious that this woman was going to do it now that she lost her money

6 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I'm not even surprised, it was obvious that this woman was going to do it now that she lost her money

I didn’t think it would actually happen. I don’t want Do Ran living with her at all. I don’t even think I will watch the episodes today before I can blow off some steam. This is just too much. 

On a bright note, Dae Ryook goes to Do Ran’s house because he’s concerned about her not being at work and that was a nice development.

Archived