[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

you know what happen? DaYa is greedy while her mother is scheming......however they dont have much thinking cap on them at all.....they cant get their act together to pull it thru....when DaYa thought she had it....one of her action let her up and make her another failure....but she will push all those failure away and into others people for sure.....she will not see it is her own failure but her others

Yes  mother she is someone who want more she have a right to and she believes everyone beneath her and the only one belonged with better people just looking down on people less unfortunate than her that why I thinks Da Ya’s less evil compared to the screeching harpy who give birth to her.

Which make me thinks one of the oldest arguments is it Nature or Nurture ? When I  watch some of the character in this drama .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 4 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Mind you the things they kindly forgot to tell me were the 100 episodes

Hahaha.. I'm sorry for this missing info. 

Actually it is 1/2 of that.  Each episode is 2 episodes and every week we have 4 episodes.  So, it will totally be 50 episodes or 25 weekends.

Welcome @USAFarmgirl

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes  mother she is someone who want more she have a right to and she believes everyone beneath her and the only one belonged with better people just looking down on people less unfortunate than her that why I thinks Da Ya’s less evil compared to the screeching harpy who give birth to her.

Which make me thinks one of the oldest arguments is it Nature or Nurture ? When I  watch some of the character in this drama .

WELL SAID

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

good one and lets put our thinking cap on lols....we better have one since we saying other DaYa and her mother dont have much of that :D 

and to put it simply from uncle google :D 

"The nature versus nurture debate involves whether human behavior is determined by the environment, either prenatal or during a person's life, or by a person's genes. ... Nature is what we think of as pre-wiring and is influenced by genetic inheritance and other biological factors"

Now this makes me wonder will she do something to halmoni in her jealous rage and blame it in DR saying because  Mr Wang being her father it's on her nature.. Strong possibility

@USAFarmgirl, I love grandma even more when I saw the flashback of her younger self with her teenage son after the death of her husband. I can just imagine how challenging it was for her to have to step into the shoes of the head of the family whilst also taking on the role of president of Bom and Foods. How much hard work she had to endure to provide for her son while also sacrificing precious time that could have been spent with him had her husband not died. Recently she apologized to her son for not being there for him as much as she would have liked. However, I have to believe that her son’s gratitude runs so deep not only because he loves him mother but saw how much she endured on her own. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@USAFarmgirl, I love grandma even more when I saw the flashback of her younger self with her teenage son after the death of her husband. I can just imagine how challenging it was for her to have to step into the shoes of the head of the family whilst also taking on the role of president of Bom and Foods. How much hard work she had to endure to provide for her son while also sacrificing precious time that could have been spent with him had her husband not died. Recently she apologized to her son for not being there for him as much as she would have liked. However, I have to believe that her son’s gratitude runs so deep not only because he loves him mother but saw how much she endured on her own. 

@celebrianna  When this sickness really take affect it's going to hit him the hardest.. Because here's a strong woman that has taken up all the challenges that men take upon and to see her wither down like this it's going to be something to see and regardless of DR past she did offer his Mom what comfort she could with no motives or reasons.. He's going to protect DR from all the hardship MIL and DIL wants to inflict on her. 

Rewatch 35-36: I thought 

3-BF4-FA4-B-F947-4-BDC-B934-4979-FC0-BD0

[ What kind of a grown woman would go out to spy on her matur sister ]

The fact that she’s increasingly meddling in her 40 something years old sister’s personal life .You’ll think she was diagnosed with empty nest syndrome but no she just got nothing to do with her life because no way 

Someone got life on their own can over invest in someone else personal crush .

She creeping me out a bit !

7 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

She treats her like she is a teenager. She still thinks that she is her little sister who will fall for another strange guy. I think she has a perception that a guy is categorized as weird or bad based on their social status and background. No wonder DY is like that. I love the aunt tho. She didn't look down on people based on their outer shell. She goes for what she thinks is right. She ignores her sister warnings and keep meeting Mr. Kang. I like the scenes of them baking bread for the kids. HJ dream of having her own kids. I foresee that she'll marry with Mr. Kang st the end of the drama and they'll have kids. Do ran's half brother in the making. :lol:

She has been a source of angst from day one to her sister :D so she need to man up and  PUNCH HER IN THE THROAT that will stop her meddling in her business.

Me too I like the sister she got that air of sensitivity .They cute together but she princesses type of girl could she handle man like him with dark past and make him to thinks start future with her .

12 hours ago, smhelen said:

A control freak..  I hope it comes back and haunt her. 

YES .. She is monster 

pretty much explain’s why her sister single ? :D

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

i guess we can all guess what WDR and the guy is talking about here :D , WDR definitely doing all he can to ensure that DoRan stay with him :D 

WDR_zpsjffbepr6.png

Never mind what he will do with the guy 

tell me did he give DoRan ring :D  

I already have my confetti to throw :phew:

I can see my boss look at me funny - any recap from today episode will be appreciated

After watching the clips on DramaKBS YouTube channel, it looks like the episode ends with Da Ya telling Eun Young about KDR and WDR whom she followed while the couple was shopping and having fun. Although we haven’t had enough sweet scenes before the angst, I guess I’m okay with them facing a hurdle now before things get too far along in their relationship. It’s time to test WDR’s love and power of protection against the people of authority in his life. I believe he saw when Da Ya finished her chat with KDR outside Bom and Foods office building and he better become aware of Da Ya’s antagonistic attitude towards KDR. I want to see if he’s just going to let the people in his family hurt her without standing up for her. Also, if he wants KDR to trust him, he will have to prove it to her in the face of his family’s opposition and less than honorable tactic of going to behind his back and confronting KDR instead of tackling him who is the family member. KDR is not going to take on his family. He’ll have to do it. 

I don’t think KDR will quit her job just like that. It took her a long time to find a full time job and law school takes money. She also have to pay living expenses so she doesn’t have the luxury she did when Dong Cheol was alive and she didn’t have to pay for the roof over her head. 

Mi Rae and Go Rae are coming along nicely. Teaching her to ride a bike was so sweet. The couples involving the two sisters are :wub:. I hope they’ll get a chance to double date once in the future. I saw a different side to GR when he met WDR in the park that time. He does have a sense of humor though he still talks little.

4 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Its pretty annoying how easy she just folded like that

How is that going to work out in the future?

Agreed. That’s why I think WDR is going to have to prove himself to her and then maybe she will be encouraged by that to be brave. He certainly can’t really fight for them if he’s the only one that wants to pursue their relationship.

I also think KDR has a lot of respect for elders and might probably feel obligated not to upset them. I understand how complicated the situation is for her because grandma and Chairman Wang trusts her and maybe she’s also afraid of disappointing them especially since WDR is the first born son too. KDR is also worried about the difference in their financial status so she faces a lot of discouraging emotional factors.

I think WDR has a difficult challenge ahead. If he can get his father on his side then he wouldn’t have to be discouraged on one side by his mother and on the other by Do Ran. I kind of find it weird that both Do Ran and Chauffeur Kang get visits of opposition this weekend.

@sava2sava @stargazer187 @angelangie @Ameera Ali @smhelenyou guys are so right about Da Ya. She really believes herself better than Do Ran. I was surprised that Yi Ryook actually stood up for Do Ran when he defended her against Da Ya’s claim that Dae Ryook would be marrying down. I like how he told her that people could have said the same thing about them and how would she have liked that. She was offended that Yi Ryook even entertained the thought that he married down. I think Yi Ryook’s point was that Do Ran is a nice girl and he basically saw nothing wrong with Dae Ryook dating her even though he doesn’t believe Dae Ryook is doing that. He’s probably thinking of Dae Ryook as the brother he knew who wanted a profitable marriage. He doesn’t know Dae Ryook has decided to sacrifice that superficial goal. 

@stargazer187, I take it our OTP will be back to zero. In the preview she returned the ring and told him she doesn’t love him. Of course I think Do Ran will be alright because she probably didn’t let her self fall too hard and I also think she knows self denial. However, I feel bad to Dae Ryook because I can see he was ready to fight for their love. I absolutely loved the way he handled Do Ran’s depressed mood after he realized Da Ya must have said something to her to cause this change. He was ready to tackle Da Ya right away but Do Ran denied it and prevented him from doing anything. Notwithstanding he came up with a fantastic way to encourage Do Ran by getting that beautiful ring for her and telling her that she was his woman and she should be confident and don’t let anyone look down on her. I like that he worked within the limits she allowed and managed to cheer her up and remind her how precious she is to him. 

As to pretensious Hong Sil, I loved it so much when Mr. Kang informed her that he’s not interested in her sister. How dare she tell the man he went after her sister for her money? 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

She really believes herself better than Do Ran. I was surprised that Yi Ryook actually stood up for Do Ran when he defended her against Da Ya’s claim that Dae Ryook would be marrying down. I like how he told her that people could have said the same thing about them and how would she have liked that. She was offended that Yi Ryook even entertained the thought that he married down. I think Yi Ryook’s point was that Do Ran is a nice girl and he basically saw nothing wrong with Dae Ryook dating her even though he doesn’t believe Dae Ryook is doing that. He’s probably thinking of Dae Ryook as the brother he knew who wanted a profitable marriage. He doesn’t know Dae Ryook has decided to sacrifice that superficial goal. 

Aren’t her meds working ? She turning crazy by minute.:D

I have no idea , why she’s beging such a stirr to DoRan who’s trying her best to survive.Just jealousy I suppose, But I am glad YRyook point out how hypocrite she seem . Didn’t she know [ THE PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD’NT THROW STONES ]

@stargazer187, Dae Ryook can’t stand watching KDR hurt by others too. Did you see the look on his face when he noticed JDY leaving the office building and KDR looking depressed? There was immediate concern on his face. He was also ready to jump tell of JDY. In the preview I see that KDR is crying when Eun Young is telling her she doesn’t know her place for trying to date Dae Ryook. KDR has shed too many tears already. I can’t stand watching her hurt either. 

I don’t really have a pattern in family drama. I usually just love the relationships that move my heart the most. Sometimes it’s the OTP, the oldest couple, the youngest couple or all three. ;)

I want KMR to keep thinking JGR is an unemployed person too. I want her to grow and change and stop being shallow like her mom. I wish that KMR would grow up and thankfully she’s improving slowly.

@Ameera Ali, JDY tries to put KDR down so that she can prop herself up. I don’t know why she takes pleasure in putting KDR down. I wonder if a day will come when KDR doesn’t take her crap.

22 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Do ran's half brother in the making. :lol:

We need to rethink Do Ran’s half brother  :D

1779-DAA3-44-AE-48-BE-B1-F2-C5-D6-C017-D

he hasn't got a clue She like him 

Considering she invited him to coffee, nice to him ,dress up to church .

Poor thing wasted time all she need is to put up 5ft sign say [ I love you ] 

It will be done deal :phew:

6 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@celebrianna I see that. He is sharp witted. He didn't any minute to console her and makes her feel better. Both WDR and KDR are respecting the elders and care with their feelings too. I see that their next journey won't be too smooth. Since KDR steps back and returns into her denial mode, he should work harder to win her over again. Now with the obstacles circles around them, the path would be much unpleasant. But I have my faith in him. Giving up so soon isn't like his character. 

It goes the same with me. But this time the two absorbs all of my attention.

They move my heart the most. :lol:

I actually don’t mind bumps in the road in a couple’s love story just as long as they weather it together. I think WDR is doing all the heavy lifting in pursuing their relationship because KDR is beset by so many concerns. I’m worried about KDR shutting him out completely after returning the ring to him. If she does that WDR might not have any chance at all to change her mind. However, I also think that maybe it’s good that this happened because KDR has to seriously decide if she wants to live with or without WDR. If she continues to waver she’ll never reach the point where she’s willing to fight for their love. 

The quality that draw me most to this OTP is that they’re both good people and I enjoy their interactions. I can never imagine WDR mad at KDR. I think he would always lose to her if they ever marry. However, maybe he will get mad at her during this turning step in their relationship since she’s already giving up at the first trial.

@Ameera Ali, Mr. Kang needs to oil the wheels in the romantic compartment in his heart. I really can’t imagine him making a move on a woman. :lol:

Archived