[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

my mom always said that to me that some how maybe DoRan's Haelmoni is really Madam Park sister....and that how blood called out to each other.....they will feel a sense of pull i guess towards each other.....

wish to see DaYa's face if that happen.....that means DoRan isnt just someone without status.....her status is probably higher than hers :D 

@angelangie  I was also thinking DR could be related to Halmoni sister.. But to pair her off with WDR thats to closely related.. That would have 2nd cousins married to one another so this would be Mr. Wang and Chairman are first cousin and they're children are 2nd cousins.. I can see this working for them.. 

Your right this would really send Da Ya over the edge.. But halmoni said her sister died  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like this drama and I love themain couple.

But I still believe UEE is too thin and looks unhealthy. I know it's everybody's right to be as this or as fat as they please, but she just looks unhealthy and this promotes a dangerous model for young people. I know koreans have a thing for being thin. I know in fashion shows in France, they have prohibited models with a BMI lower than a certain number. Maybe korean industry should be more responsible. 

15 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Now what's going to tee me off about all this is Da Ya don't have any rights to say anything about who WDR dates oir wants to date.. I hope WDR learns of her interfering in his personal life and tells her a thing or two in front of the whole family.. If WDR feels he wants to date a homeless woman from off the streets it is no business of hers.. I'm waiting for someone to tell her her business is to just mind hers and YY business and to stay in her own place.. This is why her intewrfering should get her kick out of the house..

@sava2sava, DY indeed doesn’t have the right to meddle in WDR’s affairs but I have a feeling she’ll definitely meddle. I think she’s trying to tell the mom so the mom can make a fuss by adorning her white headband and staying in bed for days protesting that she’s so unwell because her son didn’t live up to her expectations of marrying a wealthy heiress with a rope of upward mobility on the social ladder. This of course is suppose to guilt trip WDR into giving up his relationship with a beggar who doesn’t know her place. I can see the script right now. :weary: Then WDR, as all good sons must do, tries to appease his mother by striking a balance through assuring her that he won’t get married until he and his lovely fiancée get her approval. Then the poor fiancée will have to act like a good daughter to the prospective MIL by enduring her slights and insults with heaps of patience until she wins her over by saying she’ll be a good daughter to her and treat her well for all the days of her life henceforth.

As long as KDR doesn’t allow anyone to walk all over her, I guess I can sit through all this but if not, it will be a real pain. Quite frankly I never understood all this craziness about parents meddling to this extent in their children’s marriages. After all, it’s the child that will have to live with the other person and not the parent. Oh well, that’s just the way they do things I guess.

@stargazer187, I certainly agree that parents normally want the best for their kids but misguided parents like Eun Young will obviously value money and status over character. Take for instance her blindness to KDR’s goodness. Her husband already said that a young woman like KDR is rare nowadays. The grandma also really likes KDR most definitely because of the kindness KDR has shown her. Most elderly people recognize that young people would really rather not give them the time of day but from almost the beginning of their acquaintance KDR has shown grandma a lot of patience and took care of her as an unobligated stranger. WDR is better off choosing for himself because his mother is a terrible judge of character. Look how she sees nothing wrong in Da Ya’s conduct but defended her to her husband. I kind of think WDR got his values from his father and grandmother as the first born son.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:46 AM, stargazer187 said:

@peggygordon I wished the thread could get more love by the viewers. That way we'll easily get the subs for previews or bts. I wonder does kbs share any bts of this show ;) it is the longer version of preview we've got last week. I get some gist of it but not every part of it. I wonder what makes kDR looks like crying in front of WDR. Do the dumb and dumber make another troubles for her. The part he touches her face, she seems like tearing up. 

@stargazer187 and your wish come true :D Glad we have 33% ratings. I hope it will get more than 35% soon as Uee and Lee Jang Woo promise will come again to Happy together and dance as their promise if this drama reached 35%.

I don't know why but it's difficult to get BTS on KBS Weekend drama. Not like others weekdays prime time drama on the weekend we only get 1 or 2 BTS and it came from fans. 

This drama has a little bit different fibe than other previous KBS Weekend drama.  Usually i give more attention to STP (second true pairing) than the OTP because the OTP always get much obstacle and a very long long way to get together.

We've got cutest and sweetest OTP.  The male leads, WDR  is an easygoing person and he has a charming charisma. and i love it! 

and that Kiss! how can it be so gentle and smooth :wub:  

I like how Mi Ran characther grows. She still trying to get anchor but she's always nerveous when practising. Maybe she'll get another oppurtunity. She's a good girl actually. But her mom give a bad influence. She's being a good girl when she with her dad.  It's good think that MR think GR as a jobless person. And GR also feel that a good way to know MR with that status.  On next preview episode i saw that they're going lunch together. How lucky MR since the nurse always trying to get dinner together but GR always refuse it lol.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

i guess the mother will feel like striking gold when they came to know who actuall

Let hope she can 

Mi Ran mom is more of a smother to me 

too much about what she want rather than giving love and guidance which enables the child to became an independent adult .

18 hours ago, celebrianna said:

As long as KDR doesn’t allow anyone to walk all over her, I guess I can sit through all this but if not, it will be a real pain. Quite frankly I never understood all this craziness about parents meddling to this extent in their children’s marriages. After all, it’s the child that will have to live with the other person and not the parent. Oh well, that’s just the way they do things I guess.

@celebrianna  I hope when they get together they don't move in.. Move to there own place have fun.. Da Ya moved in because she thinks it would make her the next Mdm of Bom Foods.. Poor her she has know clue she would never be Mdm of the company because she married the wrong brother.. 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

what u said is actually what i told my mom.....i told my mom and say is DaYa silly? I mean come on did she forget that the eldest is yet to married and WDR is not someone who sit idling waiting to be hand feed by his parents....he is earning his keep and the grandma seems to favor him too.....being he knew when to stood up on things :) even towards his mother who made some silly mistakes 

@angelangie  Technically when WDR marries YY and DY are suppose to move out of the home.. Da Ya  mom must have not taught Da Ya the customs of Korean families.. I know her mom has to know these things but she must have some kind of greedy motive for not telling Da Ya any better.. All her mom sees his YY mom is supposed to be her bestfriend and she'll be at Da Ya beck and call when needed and take up for her but she even forgot that there's someone ahead of her and thats halmoni she's the true matriarch of that family and no matter how much Da Ya throws a fit what she says goes..  

26 minutes ago, smhelen said:

Can I just say this girl is proving her self to be the dumber from the dumb and dumber residing party? BTW, do I see an engagement ring? 

@nohamahamoud2002 & @smhelen  Thanks for the preview videos..

Da Ya looks like a deer caught on the headlights.. I hope halmoni tells her a thing or two spying on people.. I tell you her being married into that family is going to cause that house being turned upside down.. 

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

oh i didnt know that either.....u mean if WDR married the 2nd brother and DY need to move out? i mean they cant stay in the same house? given there are enough space after all?

@angelangie  In Korean culture only the eldest son and wife lives with the parents.. Either way they will still need to move what if DR came up preggo YY and DY would only be using up space for WDR family.. What DY needs to be doing is trying to get preggo fast as she can instead of meddling in others business 

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  I hope when they get together they don't move in.. Move to there own place have fun.. Da Ya moved in because she thinks it would make her the next Mdm of Bom Foods.. Poor her she has know clue she would never be Mdm of the company because she married the wrong brother.. 

Since we most likely cannot expect Do Ran to pursue her law degree, I hope at least she grows in her career at Bom and Foods. I know that she and the other coworker won the new menu item contest so I would like to see her continue to contribute to the company and gain a better understanding of the company to support WDR. It would probably be much more than the current Lady Bom and Foods ever did for the Chairman.

The problem is, however, that family drama tend not to focus on the heroine’s career growth that much.

27 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Since we most likely cannot expect Do Ran to pursue her law degree, I hope at least she grows in her career at Bom and Foods. I know that she and the other coworker won the new menu item contest so I would like to see her continue to contribute to the company and gain a better understanding of the company to support WDR. It would probably be much more than the current Lady Bom and Foods ever did for the Chairman.

The problem is, however, that family drama tend not to focus on the heroine’s career growth that much.

@celebrianna  I agree let her grow more with the company to assit WDR right  now the boys mom or DY can't be any support all DY could do is offer flowers at some company function.. Which her shop seems rather small so I don't think she could much help even for that

3 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  I agree let her grow more with the company to assit WDR right  now the boys mom or DY can't be any support all DY could do is offer flowers at some company function.. Which her shop seems rather small so I don't think she could much help even for that

Does she still work for her flowershop?  Did it not vanish away once she got married and only had time to order people around?  And tattle?

2 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Does she still work for her flowershop?  Did it not vanish away once she got married and only had time to order people around?  And tattle?

Right? It truly seems that way. However, I noticed that when grandma saw her with the diamond necklace it looked like she might have been coming from work. 

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

57 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Right? It truly seems that way. However, I noticed that when grandma saw her with the diamond necklace it looked like she might have been coming from work. 

@angelwingssf  & @celebrianna  Come to think of it I don't think she has been to work since she's been married..  She sure is busy eyeing others stuff and now she has taken up stalking

21 hours ago, angelangie said:

in Miran's mother im seeing the opposite, she is utilizing Doran's to fulfill her own wishes instead but at the same times instead of encouraging she discourage and instead of seeing her child as a better one she deem her child / should I DoRan unworthy.... :/ 

It’s appears that Da-Ran was black sheep and Mi-Ran prize daughter in their mom eyes .I love how Da-Ran turn to be but it’s no secret that every obstacle,difficulties,struggles,and challenges in her life has shaped her into the person she is today .

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

it does appear sad when it first happen.....it had u in tears but DoRan is a fighter....she will push and go on with her life and not let it set her back

but instead turn all this struggles into making her a better person.

@angelangie  I just hope Dr stick to the 2 month plan on the sorry adopted mom.. She didn't waste no time throwing DR out of the home after he husband died with the excuse it's he fault her husband is dead..  

She didn't mourn her dead husband for long..

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

stalking is not only she is doing....she is trying to take control as if it is her right to do so 

Wow .. that my girl :D

I know she’s so easy loathed and irresistibly dump, but wasn’t she fun and cheeky at first ,which seems to have been forgotten . For me I tried to dislike her ,I really have but who I am kidding I have this love hate relationship with her now .Yes some time I found my self wanting to slap her but to be fair she never stop amazing me with her dump behavior.Poor thing she thinks she powerful   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdVrhXMHGDNFss6Pu47eBimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXCZbwukl7TWhln8CiM_Cimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuLNcEi2S0ABYKgpQ1Pmk

Hello everyone hope you won't mind my joining in even if I am rather late.   After some of my Chingu's expressed how amazing this drama was that are a part of this thread. Who by the way were so RIGHT!!!  And after it took me a few days with little work getting done or sleep yet I finally caught up.  Mind you the things they kindly forgot to tell me were the 100 episodes and  the tissue boxes I would go through in the beginning when my heart felt like it was being ripped out of me...

Who the heck is cruel enough to pinch a little baby in the first place or treat her so heartless like Cinderella while growing up.  Just when you think it can't get any worse after 28 years of raising that precious young woman she kicks her out as if she is putting out the trash and has no mercy or compassion. 

That's not a mother, that's not a step mother, I'm not sure yet what she is...

What moves me most about this drama is that for all the evil, greedy and spoiled women there are. 

There is an even greater number of some really amazing and inspiring male characters that are the force and the heartbeat of this story.

Some examples of amazing Fathers, Sons, Brothers and a unique story within this story about a Best Friends devotion and kept promise that lasted his entire life.

Yet who would have dreamed I would have picked for my favorite.

The character of a grandmother with dementia who would bring me not only so much joy but outbursts of pure laughter in seeing her beat, pull, kick, bite and scream at those who so deserved it and often more.  For the first time in a long time I didn't have to wait for the end to finally see revenge or justice it came much sooner and sweeter in one of the best ways I have seen yet...

The OTP there is so much I could write, but this is already to long.  These actors are simply bringing it every episode the best of themselves and their warm chemistry is the icing on the cake.  DR is proving that she is a survivor and that money isn't what makes a person great or the lack of it able to stop you from achieving your dreams.   Instead it's the heart, courage and willingness to stand up and continuing to stand up again and again no matter how many times life makes you fall...

Believing in oneself...

:heart:

Late add...  I would also like to add in all honesty there is nothing funny in reality about those who struggle with dementia of any kind and most of us know someone who has or does.  I wouldn't want anyone to believe that I feel otherwise just because of my thoughts about this character.  For she has a bigger heart than her disease and losing ones memories isn't funny at all...:tears:

For it is her spunky courage that I love...

Archived