[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Mr Kang,.... yes, he paid for his crime/sin, he is trying to move on with a new chapter of his life and hoping everyone will understand his circumstances. But how about the victim's family? The lost and sadness they feel all these years, the wife/mom never miss the death anniversary and still in pain when she has to talk about that moment when her husband suddenly gone. Thank God the first son grew up well and doing fantastic. Unfortunate that DY had to harbor anger toward her father for "leaving" them until she found out he was murdered. Would she possibly turned to be a better young lady if she had not lost her father? Very possible....

I can't even imagine what a mess when this family find out who Mr Kang really is. DY probably will hate Doran 1000 more times (especially when she finds out Doran is dating her brother in law which make it very possible if they get married, Doran will be the lady of the house). I have not watched the new episode yet but I am thrilled to watch the clip of kissing scene. Hoping the writers will give us a moment to enjoy the new relationship before all hell break loose.......

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Well Mr Kang is not a villain. He committed a crime and paid for it by going to prison.  He has a right to get another chance. He repented. He is not a criminal by nature. Every one deserves a second chance.

I agree that robbery is wrong and causing the death of the loan shark is wrong too.  But running away with the cash was due to despair. By the death of the loan shark, he becomes even more desperate, that's why he escaped with the money.

I don’t think anyone who took a life in the circumstances shown in episode 2 has “the right” to a second chance especially when the person they killed doesn’t get a second chance. However, the judicial system was gracious to Mr. Kang and gave him a second chance. Good for him. 

I understood his situation but his despair doesn’t give him the right to run away with other people’s money. We can’t accept excuses for people’s crimes. What kind of society would we live in if everybody in an extremely desperate situation begin to commit crimes to alleviate their circumstances? An extremely unsafe one, I’m sure.

@angelwingssf, Da Ya’s mother is very blind to her daughter’s failings. I can’t see that changing over time. WDR’s mom will forever be at the mercy of their friendship. I see these three ladies as the possible instigators for future angst.

@NitaA, Mr. Kang’s secret is like a bomb to me. All I’m concerned about is KDR. She never gets a break. How sorry will she feel towards Da Ya? KDR has the right sensibilities and I know something like this will probably make her feel like she owes Da Ya especially, as you pointed out, their beloved husband and father was killed. 

I finished the today’s episodes and I really hope Dae Ryook lives up to his words. He and Do Ran have a lot of trials ahead and he better protect her with everything he has. Omo...Mi Ran and Go Rae are also nicely developing. So cute. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw Mr. Kang behaving congenial with Hong Joo. I think these episodes were the most I’ve seen him smiling. Hopefully Hong Joo will behave more grounded then her sometimes flighty behavior. If she really wants to pursue him she should honestly try friendship first.

Thankfully Da Ya was kept to a minimum today. I enjoy the episodes more without her jealousy.   I know it will be short lived however because grandma and KDR have matching necklaces. 

18 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I finished the today’s episodes and I really hope Dae Ryook lives up to his words. He and Do Ran have a lot of trials ahead and he better protect her with everything he has. Omo...Mi Ran and Go Rae are also nicely developing. So cute. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw Mr. Kang behaving congenial with Hong Joo. I think these episodes were the most I’ve seen him smiling. Hopefully Hong Joo will behave more grounded then her sometimes flighty behavior. If she really wants to pursue him she should honestly try friendship first.

Thankfully Da Ya was kept to a minimum today. I enjoy the episodes more without her jealousy.   I know it will be short lived however because grandma and KDR have matching necklaces. 

I am pleasantly surprise that I actually enjoy watching Hong Joo. She came across as too much for me with her American style at first but now she is funny and you go girl type of girl, adding value to Mr Kang's story/scenes. But my heart is aching thinking what would happen when the cat is out of the bag. It'd better have a great twist to explain the years ago murder for Mr Kang and Hong Joo's relationship to be okay and accepted by the family. Otherwise Hong Joo might curse Freddy for sending her a wrong soulmate.... Poor Freddy....

13 minutes ago, NitaA said:

I am pleasantly surprise that I actually enjoy watching Hong Joo. She came across as too much for me with her American style at first but now she is funny and you go girl type of girl, adding value to Mr Kang's story/scenes. But my heart is aching thinking what would happen when the cat is out of the bag. It'd better have a great twist to explain the years ago murder for Mr Kang and Hong Joo's relationship to be okay and accepted by the family. Otherwise Hong Joo might curse Freddy for sending her a wrong soulmate.... Poor Freddy....

Let’s just enjoy the ride for now. I don’t even want to imagine the fallout once the past comes to light.  :scream: I suppose it’s too much to ask that it stays buried.

I think Hong Sil might have actually started to not like Mr. Kang because of his argument with Da Ya. Unfortunately for her Hong Joo always does as she likes. lol I don’t think she would give up on Mr. Kang unless Mr. Kang seriously discourages her. 

What I find curious is that Mr. Kang has not shown any interest in looking up the current status of the family involved in the case. I suppose he wanted to leave the past behind but I find it kind of strange that he has never thought about them given the remorse he must have felt. 

The most blissful weekend episodes. I dreeeeaaaad the oncoming storm. I think I will skip when it comes....hopefully not on Christmas Day:heartbreak:

The prospective FIL and his prospective SIL are hitting off well.

For all that flighty character we see in Hong Joo, her choice of companionship in Freddy and Mr Kang shows she has good judgement in men. So, Mi Ran is still oblivious that the jobless ahjussi is a dentist? I am just curious why does the Daya's brother spend so much time in the gaming cafe when he can afford a first class theatre sound blaster in his home for gaming? i am warming up to this couple, nonetheless.

@stargazer187, Dae Ryook said he’s ready to face those things with her right to the end and I sincerely hope he does. I mostly believe he will because I find most leads in family drama I’ve watched does exactly that while trying to win their mother over. It’s usually the mother that is a big issue. I mean, what man wants to see the woman he loves hurt? After listening to Do Ran’s point of view, Dae Ryook has an idea of her insecurities. I thought what Do Ran said made so much sense. She felt happy living her life working hard for her future and she didn’t want to get hurt by trying to live outside her class. Honestly, I find her current situation more appealing in terms of happiness rather than the difficulties I know she’ll face if she hook up with Dae Ryook. This is why Dae Ryook better not disappoint my expectations of him because I will trust him and root for them.

As to Go Rae and Mi Ran, I’m glad they’re in their own private little world. May their relationship continue to flourish for a good while unaffected by the craziness of others. They’re just too adorable right now.

Niow that's one interesting preview.. I hope our DR couple can marry soon before all the things about Mr.Wang comes out.. He's beginning to open up to Aunt more.. Let's pray Aunt gets her wish with Mr. Wang. Regardless the child would be related to DY.. Even Mi Ran love life has taken a turn maybe her script reading would improve because she looks to stiff to be and anchor woman.

22 hours ago, celebrianna said:

why didn’t KDR refuse the necklace? I think it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Since she’s not a part of the family, I think she should not have accepted it under any circumstances. 

@celebrianna  She did refuse it at first halmoni insisted.. It was a token of halmoni appreciation from sopping her from being hurt. Instead of halmoni falling down the hill DR sort of like took the fall for her.. Also Koreans has a custom when the elderly gives you something it's impolite to refuse it..

21 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

That is a good technique by writers to make viewers sympathize with the character even if he is mistaken, just like we see in movies, the handsome actor is acting wrong, but because viewers like him, they will be a bit hesitant whether to like the character or not :) 

anyway, I think that Mr. Kang has to go through redemption by the end of the drama. It is early to predict.

@nohamahamoud2002  I just have a feeling that DY Dad isn't what they are potraying him to be.. I don't think mom even knows what type of man she was really married to.. This is just my opinion.. Granted Mr.Wang did his time but I don;t think the writer is showing him in this type of light for no reasons at all just because he has repented.. I still thinks it's more to this back story.. What if it was DY dad that killed the loan shark..?

@celebrianna I think punishment for first-degree murder is to be executed (hanged). But Second-degree murder is different, in that case, the punishment is different too. I don't know much about law, but every country has different laws.  But certainly the punishment for second-degree murder is not execution. And already he was sentenced to life imprisonment, I think. 

18 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Da Ya’s mother is very blind to her daughter’s failings. I can’t see that changing over time. WDR’s mom will forever be at the mercy of their friendship. I see these three ladies as the possible instigators for future angst.

@celebrianna  I'm finding DY mom more petty then her daughter/.. How dare she tells her sister a grown woman not to hang out with her friend Mr. Wang because of how it would make DY look..:o First off the sister is a grown woman who can pick and choose her own friends as she likes regardless of ones occupation being a street sweeper or a driver.. DY wants to live with a status reputation she's married into the wrong house.. She should have set her sights on family much more elite then the one she married into..  

Now the nerve of DY mom calling Mr. Wang to chew him out about seeing her sister when all this time she hears how her sister goes on and on about Mr. Wang and if she would haver thought back to the past this is the very same Mr. Wang who is single lied to her sister and told her he's married and have three kids.. All she's worried about is DY standing in that household.. Which makes me believe she's not bright at all.. She should know whomever the eldest son marries in that house she would become the Mdm of Bom Foods and DY always will be the second wife to the family.. 

I just hope DY don;t let her walk all over her because of the past..

13 hours ago, celebrianna said:

It'salso going to be Aunt that lays down the law when it comes to Mr. Wang.. She's not going to let go of her chance at happiness again for spoiled selfish DY.. Mom is going to learn the hardway that the universe don;t center around her brat..  I think the reasons Go Rae attraction to Mi Ran is because he sees a lot of DY in her.. Go Rae always protected his sister and he feels the need to protect Mi Ran..I thinks he has and attraction to these type of women.. While mom will be busy trying to help split up our DR couple wait til she finds out who her son dating and who daughtet she is..

Another thing regardless to whom marry into the chairmans home DY isn't going to like it.. Did anyone pay attention to her face when WDR was dating the other girl from that chobeol family.. She wasn't happy about that..

It's been a long time since I've made a comment on a drama but here it goes. 

I honestly don't know if Daya really loves her husband. From the very beginning the reason why she wants to get married is so that she could position herself first in the Wang household and she's very vocal that she wants to become the lady of the house. She even tells her husband to work in the company. Well, she married the wrong son. 

As for KDR, there's a high possibility that Grandma and Dad will approve her relationship with WDR. Their main obstacle will be Mom and DY. Those two will do everything to put a stop in KDR-WDR relationship. They might even get married then the secret about KDR's birth will be discovered and another arc will happen. 

KSI's biggest obstacle in his relationship with NHJ is the fact that he killed her brother-in-law. If ever they get together I think NHJ will be the one who will fight for it. KSI's too guilty to fight for her I think. He might even disappear because of his guilt. 

19 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

How many episodes left  now?

It was said 100 but I think it is more like 50. If it’s really 100, we may get to see DR/DR marriage life, maybe baby too. Of to see the raw coz I can’t wait few more hours for the sub to come out.

33 minutes ago, cooleet said:

It's been a long time since I've made a comment on a drama but here it goes. 

I honestly don't know if Daya really loves her husband. From the very beginning the reason why she wants to get married is so that she could position herself first in the Wang household and she's very vocal that she wants to become the lady of the house. She even tells her husband to work in the company. Well, she married the wrong son. 

As for KDR, there's a high possibility that Grandma and Dad will approve her relationship with WDR. Their main obstacle will be Mom and DY. Those two will do everything to put a stop in KDR-WDR relationship. They might even get married then the secret about KDR's birth will be discovered and another arc will happen. 

KSI's biggest obstacle in his relationship with NHJ is the fact that he killed her brother-in-law. If ever they get together I think NHJ will be the one who will fight for it. KSI's too guilty to fight for her I think. He might even disappear because of his guilt. 

Welcome back @cooleet  This is what my thoughts was from the beginning.. She don't love her husband.. She thinks just because of her parents relationship she could position herself in that family and none of the family members would reject her taking up the role of Mdm Bom Foods because she figuers they've known her longer and she maried first..  All DY thinks about she wants to go above and beyound her husbands mother she already has the mom dancing to her tune.. DY is the type to pit to brothers against each other just for the position of president to get the titke she wants when husband is perfectly happy in his current position because he don't want the headache of the company and the position it entails..  It's going to be fun when her husband realizes what she married him for.. He already had to explain to her about halmoni and DY relationship.. He was willing to go down stairs and fight for her but yet she stop him because her jealousy is ridiculous on so many levels and for all the wrong reasons.. 

I also think the family would approve of the relationship even mom until DY has her two cents.. How dare a child like DR becomes above her.. 

I think when our DR couple marries I think Mr. Wang should leave the home or atleast take DR photos and put then in safe deposit box some where safe so no one could find them..

Archived