[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

@stargazer187, yes I saw all 12 clips on DramaKBS YouTube earlier this morning but that particular channel hadn’t posted the clip where Do Ran fell while saving grandma. The clip of the three persons were included as they discussed Do Ran in the living room. I do wonder if this accident is meant to expose Mr. Kang or WDR because both men will probably be unable to restrain their obvious affection for Do Ran. The other characters will probably find out about one of them.

@sava2sava, I’m very glad to hear Chairman Wang found out about the payoff. It’s like “dumb and dumber” is actively working against him and I hope he will soon make the decision to kick the young couple out of his house. Let them go live on their own because all the added chaos in the house has stemmed from Da Ya. Dealing with grandma’s illness alone is enough of a trial but added to that now is a troublemaker in the form of their no-good DIL.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@stargazer187, at least I hope they show a preview today. I’m so scared that KDR will end up having medical issues because of this. I hope there’s no tumor or swelling of the brain plot line in this.:confounded:

I also realize that KDR saving grandma makes the family even more indebted to her so maybe this will be a factor to her benefit when the truth about her biological father comes out.

28 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Those two are so rude. But the worst is still DY. Ohhhh... I really hate hate hate her sooooo much. Hahahaha

EY always glad to take the blame and keep saying a good praises over her in front of her husband. I think she is more worried if DY whines to her mom again. 

Haha... the coffee part is her most powerful skill to melt her heart. Lol.

DR left her outside without offering them to talk inside the house. She noticed how rude DY. Seriously, I wamt to pull out his hair like Haelmoni did to the cunning nurse. :lol: 

@stargazer187  What both fails to realizes is this man left his for business trip knowing that he could trust one person to look after his mother and he could feel comfortable and conduct his business.. These two witches turned his house upside down over night and jeapordized his mom life.. Chairman isn't going to feel comfortable about any trips that requires him to stay gone overnight..

DY is still making this all about her. Wow I;m trying to figure out what do she expects him to do forget about his mom and show her all this attention.. Yes she would be happy with that.. I have a feeling that DY may have had other girls liking him during there school days.. Dy the attention persons that she is wasn't happy with that because everybody has to focus on her.. God forbide if she isn't first. She must have heard some girls talking about being Mdm Of Bom Foods is probably were she got the idea to date YY and marry him..    

The house has Two levels. as far as I know of.. She also called him a knight:lol:..

33 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I’m very glad to hear Chairman Wang found out about the payoff. It’s like “dumb and dumber” is actively working against him and I hope he will soon make the decision to kick the young couple out of his house. Let them go live on their own because all the added chaos in the house has stemmed from Da Ya. Dealing with grandma’s illness alone is enough of a trial but added to that now is a troublemaker in the form of their no-good DIL

No @celebrianna  He hasn't found out but I think he should find out about DY behavior behind his back.. Mom and MIl needs to stop shielding her.. The more they shield her the more she's being set up for a bigger heartbreak.. DY is the type of person to take Halmoni off in a right mind and as soon as she flip the script instead of calling for help she'll leave her and all thats in her mind is she won't have to see DR in the house anymore.. She could careless if the chairman is loosing sleep or anything.. It would be only DR that would spend sleepless nights with the chairman worrying about where she is.. Hoping the writer has added something like this to the storyline.. I hate to see halmoni put in such a position atleast this would be the straw that breaks the camels back.. I have a feeling halmoni will be lost in this plot.. 

The housekeepers or no one pays attention to whats going on around there.. Halmoni could easly get up and just walk out the door and no one will notice until it's time for her to eat.. This happens a lot with people that has her sickness..

@sava2sava, I think it’s very important for Chairman Wang to find out that they tried to pay off KDR. He needs to find out the level of insults KDR has endured repeatedly from “dumb and dumber”. I had hoped that KDR would give him the envelope and tell him that she can’t accept it. I suppose it would be embarrassing for both him and her to endure that moment but I think it’s necessary. In that way KDR makes it even clearer to the family that she’s not “working” for them but Bom and Foods.

As far as WDR and KDR, from the clips today it seems like KDR has rejected him. I wonder what will happen if WDR gives up. Heh. I frankly think it would be interesting to see that but I suppose it would make his love seem shallow.

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I hope she'll be fine. But well maybe the writer plans that so. DR didn't do any mistake. No preview really? Sighh

There was a preview.  I see DR getting off WDR's car.  She seems to be doing well.  

The raw episode is out and has been for more than an hour.  FYI.  

2 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  It might be a twist in this part of the story line that we learned that DY father wasn't the upstanding citizens he has been portrayed to be..  Off to ewatch the raw version of today's episode.. Also are you watching My healing love ? Another good weekend drama..   

I also think like you. What if the accideent/murder is not like they said. I also think the father is not the murder and there is more in the story.  

34 minutes ago, roli said:

I also think like you. What if the accideent/murder is not like they said. I also think the father is not the murder and there is more in the story.  

@roli  Yes I think there is something more going on in this part of the story.. 

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

He had too. She would have been labeled as a criminals daughter and that has a real stigma in Korean Society where your family history and parents can  effect your chances of getting a better job and marrying into a good family. Once the truth comes out about her father  His mother and Da Ya will raise holy hell about bad blood, being a gold digger and letting a person like Do Ran even near  DR . Even Grandma and dad will probably have reservations because that is the culture. 

Mr Kang's behavior is very well-understood. Doran's will never be happy in DK's family. Halmoni and DK's dad like her. But there is DK's mom, Daya, Daya's mom.

Doran will never be welcomed into the family. She is a convict's daughter, even worse he killed Daya's dad. She has many problems to face. Mr. Kang doesn't know about Daya's dad, but he knows about the class difference. He knows that Doran will never be accepted because she is just a secretary and caregiver to the grannie.

In the past, I was a romantic, I used to encourage the love story between the OTP, (I still do sometimes :) mostly in "Lovely Horribly" :D and in School 2015 but with the second lead :D ).

But now, I don't see a good potential for DR/DK relationship, at least not until the end as usual, after all the complications are solved.

Right now I prefer a romance between Mr. Kang and Daya' aunt :lol:

I wish DK knows that Mr. Kang is Doran's dad.

@roli from SAT :) 

I’m putting it out there right now that I fully support Do Ran and Dae Ryook if they want to pursue a relationship. They are both good people at heart. Do Ran has lived her life as a hard working, upstanding individual and she deserves the best. Dae Ryook is not “above” her and he doesn’t treat her like she is “beneath” him. Never once has he thought this even when he saw where she lives which is a credit to him seeing how he has probably lived most of his life in the very best environment. This is why I will support their relationship in spite of Da Ya, Mr. Kang and anyone else. I don’t need to be a romantic to support their relationship though. I usually don’t watch Family drama for romance. I leave that for my 16 episodes or 20 episodes drama watching. However, there are some relationships I really like in some family drama and this is one I’m hoping to like more as these two characters grow.

The next relationships I’m growing to like more and more is Go Rae and Mi Ran and Grandma and Chairman Wang. I saw a clip today where he was talking to his mom at what looks like a seashore and I was so deeply moved by what I saw. I couldn’t even understand the language but my heart was moved by the way the teenage son seem like he was trying to comfort his mother after the death of his father. Tears actually fell from my eyes. :bawling: I guess maybe they are the Dong Cheol and Do Ran before his sudden death. Thankfully the Chairman seem to be a very dedicated son with a long memory because even at his age he has not forgotten how much his mother sacrificed for him.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Right now I prefer a romance between Mr. Kang and Daya' aunt :lol:

I wish DK knows that Mr. Kang is Doran's dad.

@nohamahamoud2002  NO WAY should Mr. Wang and DY Aunt hookup with her. Both DY and her Aunt needs to growup.. What middleaged 40 something year old woman talk about artificial insemination.. She came back to Korea to try and have a child.. At her age she should have done so when her hubby was alive.. My guess is like DY needs all the attention focus on her.. It's no way a person like her needs a child.. If she wanted one so bad all the kids that's in orphanage all over the world why didn't she adopt.. She don't look the type to wreck her figure just for a child..  

From the first episode he look to be a loving father and husband until wife got sick..

49 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Thankfully the Chairman seem to be a very dedicated son with a long memory because even at his age he has not forgotten how much his mother sacrificed for him.

@celebrianna  This is why he has every right to blow up at his wife.. She of all people knows what the woman has gone through to bring him up in a society were widows or rated the lowest of the low..  Of course his mother means the world to him.. He really needs to find out all the antics thats going on around there is all because of DY.. I hope to see him send her packing 

33 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@nohamahamoud2002  NO WAY should Mr. Wang and DY Aunt hookup with her. Both DY and her Aunt needs to growup.. What middleaged 40 something year old woman talk about artificial insemination.. She came back to Korea to try and have a child.. At her age she should have done so when her hubby was alive.. My guess is like DY needs all the attention focus on her.. It's no way a person like her needs a child.. If she wanted one so bad all the kids that's in orphanage all over the world why didn't she adopt.. She don't look the type to wreck her figure just for a child..  

I am predicting this romance for a very simple reason, the poster of the series, couples them together :) 

photo998696.jpg

I really can't dislike Mr. Kang. Some viewers are thinking about his crime, but it seems there are secrets unrevealed yet. I really like the actor and I feel sorry for the character of Mr. Kang. Every human being has good and bad sides. Society discriminates a person depending on appearances only. This is really cruel and hard :( .

If a person commits a crime and repents, society always remember him as a convict. He can't live his life naturally, some people even commit suicide after being released from prison, because they are unable to face society. This is really very hard :( 

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@sava2sava, I just finished watching the subbed episodes and I must say this relationship is the biggest turn off for me because these two are not on the same wavelength. He totally dislikes Hong Joo’s imposition on him. Look at his facial expressions. He completely considers her a nuisance. There’s nothing to love here. Perhaps when he begins to look at her with less “contempt” I could begin to like their loveline. As of now, I can’t support them. The funny thing is I was looking forward to seeing how they develop but it’s not a good start.

In today’s episodes I cried for grandma, Chairman Wang, Do Ran and Mi Ran. Again, the subbed version of the scene by the riverside where teenage Wang came to comfort his mother opened a dam for me. I think it moved me most because he was attuned to his mother’s sadness of facing the world alone without his father even as a teenager. And may I say how dignified Madam Wang looked even when she was a younger widow. Very touching scene for me.

Mi Ran scene actually made me cry even though she was crying over something shallow such as lying to her friends that she was from a rich family and her friends now found out the truth. I guess what really stirred me was her comparison of the dark river and her future. She said she wasn’t good at anything and I think it’s scary to think like that so it’s no wonder she thinks her future looks dark like the river. I like how she bared her soul to Go Rae while calling him Mr. Unemployed. lol

Then I couldn’t help shedding some tears when Do Ran broke down after hearing grandma crying over the phone. I can understand her feelings. Besides, Dong Cheol, I don’t think anyone has been this kind to her.  She now naturally cares for grandma because she even notices little changes in her.

I guess I hoped too much from the stepmom because without understanding KDR’s reasons for refusing “dumb and dumber” she’s all over KDR to comply with them. I guess I was too optimistic about her changing for the better. Like a survivor she already began to worry about the possibility of KDR getting fired and them getting by if she loses her job.

For the preview for next weekend, a lot of the scenes are of Hong Joo. There is indeed a scene of KDR in the hospital and WDR by her bedside and a scene of her disembarking from WDR’s car after coming from the hospital I assume.

Man you can really see how the 2 most important man i her life cares about her in different ways.

But the dad is getting annoying now.

Right now she still sees him as more of a nuisance right now then a love interest,but ti good she knows  how he feels right now.She just needs to catch up.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Man you can really see how the 2 most important man i her life cares about her in different ways.

But the dad is getting annoying now.

Right now she still sees him as more of a nuisance right now then a love interest,but ti good she knows  how he feels right now.She just needs to catch up.

I feel the same way about her dad @dramaninja. I understand he’s concerned about Do Ran getting treated badly in the Wang family but putting pressure on her would just make things worse. For the life of me I do not understand why he can’t silently watch over her. Now he’s there at every turn to remind Do Ran about her place and her class and because of that she’s trying to suppress any feelings she’s naturally feeling because she’s been repeatedly told about her place by him, Da Ya and the airheaded Eun Young. Quite frankly I feel sorry for Do Ran for many reasons. I do wonder how Dong Cheol would have handled the situation.

No matter what KDR already likes WDR. Anybody who saw the way she was positively excited while getting ready for their date should realize this. Her best friend already told her to go for it but I suppose there are more voices discouraging her from pursuing her feelings. 

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Mi Ran scene actually made me cry even though she was crying over something shallow such as lying to her friends that she was from a rich family and her friends now found out the truth. I guess what really stirred me was her comparison of the dark river and her future. She said she wasn’t good at anything and I think it’s scary to think like that so it’s no wonder she thinks her future looks dark like the river. I like how she bared her soul to Go Rae while calling him Mr. Unemployed. lol

@celebrianna  You can feel sorry for Mi Ran but just like her dad said if she wanted to learn English she could have gotten a parttime job and studied and yet she still feels compelled to try and live a lavish lifestyle when she knows first hand this isn't how she lives.. Most girls in Mi Ran situation would trying to make themselves be better then the person they really are.. Mi Ran only threw fits and tantrums to have her way.. 

As I watch MI Ran in her class she's really not cut out to be and anchor.. She has no interaction with the camera at all her face looks dead.. If she was smart she'll give up now and look for another profession.. I'm calling her mini Di Ya..

All I can say it's no hope for DI Ya Period..

I thought the love line was between Mr. Wang and the other housekeeper..? Mr. Wang told her he has a wife daughter and two sons:w00t:

@sava2sava, I know Mi Ran is spoilt but I’m hoping she improves. This is why I feel sympathy for her. She’s experiencing hardships now and I hope that makes her stronger and more willing to take responsibility for herself. I see she’s not entirely useless because she’s still working at the computer gaming place. I wish she would learn more from Do Ran than from her mother. One thing I continue to hope though is that she’s kept in the dark about Go Rae’s job for a good while. I don’t want her to go after him because he’s financially better off than her. 

The loveline is between Mr. Kang and Hong Sil’s sister Hong Joo. He told her he has a daughter and two sons but she’ll most likely find out the truth next week from the Catholic priest. I suppose it’s too much to hope she stops pursuing Mr. Kang though.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  You can feel sorry for Mi Ran but just like her dad said if she wanted to learn English she could have gotten a parttime job and studied and yet she still feels compelled to try and live a lavish lifestyle when she knows first hand this isn't how she lives.. Most girls in Mi Ran situation would trying to make themselves be better then the person they really are.. Mi Ran only threw fits and tantrums to have her way.. 

As I watch MI Ran in her class she's really not cut out to be and anchor.. She has no interaction with the camera at all her face looks dead.. If she was smart she'll give up now and look for another profession.. I'm calling her mini Di Ya..

All I can say it's no hope for DI Ya Period..

I thought the love line was between Mr. Wang and the other housekeeper..? Mr. Wang told her he has a wife daughter and two sons:w00t:

Mi Ran is lost because she only has the witch of oma who is selfish, self centered and shameless. Sometimes I see Mi Ran is in between of being good or not, she is capable of doing both. If she has Do Ran's influence more, I bet she can do better. Unfortunately oma is controlling their universe right now. I am so afraid when this duo find out how much is Do Rans's needed to take care of halmoni, they might screw up things for Do Ran....

Can someone please remind me what was the relationship between DR’s birth father and her late one? They weren’t  blood brothers were they? If they’re not, then how long did they know each other and what kind of relationship did they have?

Archived