[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I feel like the dad is going to cause issues ,if he is going to continue act like her dad he should tell the truth at this point.

He definitely will cause issues although currently it’s only to block Dae Ryook and discourage Do Ran against a relationship with Dae Ryook. 

@sava2sava, I think the marriage between Yi Ryook and bratty girl will last. Usually in Family/Weekend drama they will last unless it was a premise where a divorce was meant to happen to make way for another love interest. 

Considering how family dramas work Bratty is probably being set up for a serious character growth/redemption arc... she will learn she can be successful on her own, to really love her husband, learn to like Do Ran AKA future SIL ETC 

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

why are the words turned to German?? I don't speak German :( there is something wrong

Yes @nohamahamoud2002 I don't know how this happen but I'm back to english I don;t speak German either.. I think you can hit the translation button to read my comment in English..

Boy that DY is one spoiled brat no matter who marries into that family she's going to have a problem with that because she wants to rank first.. Some how she failed to realizes protocal.. If and when the brother marries she's not going to rank first she will always be consider second.. I don't know why her mom didn't teach her this.. I'm looking for her next move is to try and hurry and get pregnant..  So happy her liltte plan blew up in her face.. I mean is it even nevessary to compare herself to the secretary.. Instead of being happy she don;t have to deal with G/ma she goes against G/ma wishes..

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Finished watching today’s episodes and I’m so glad Da Ya and Eun Young’s plan blew up in their faces although I’m sorry that grandma had to be the victim. Turns out that the horrid nurse was feeding grandma sleeping pills to get her drowsy and sedated. Chairman Wang came home from his business trip just in time to find out that his mother was being drugged and he is rightly enraged with his airhead wife and whiny DIL. The preview seem to show him packing his wife’s bag to throw her out of the house.

As to Dae Ryook and Do Ran, I understand Mr. Kang’s dislike of Do Ran dating Dae Ryook especially when he sees how Da Ya treats Do Ran. I think Dae Ryook is thinking too simply of the practicality of dating Do Ran but then I thought he deserved credit for seeing Do Ran as his equal. He has never looked down on her like his mother does. So I suppose this is why he never thinks of the obstacles they might face if they want to marry. Meanwhile, Mr. Kang is working as a barrier to prevent Do Ran from giving in to her growing feelings. I have mix feelings about his actions partly because I think he is still Do Ran’s Achilles Heel and the most likely to hurt her the most once the truth of his past and their relationship is revealed.

Nice to see Do Ran’s stepmom acknowledging her by telling Hong Shil that she has two daughters. Mi Ran and Go Rae are fortunate that they are outside the world of the craziness taking place. I look forward to seeing their interactions grow.

@celebrianna   The wife is going to have to learn to stop pampering her.. Now I kind of understand why she was against the marriage between her and the youngest son but she was objecting for all the wrong reasons..  She pampering DY because she's her friend daughter.. I think DY planned this very well next it's onto manipulation for her even after G/ma has had that heartfelt talk with her.. DY wants to be placed on a mantle like some kind of trophy and be shown around for all to admire her.. Well she's in the wrong house for that.. The chairman is down to earth and treats everyone equal just like his mom does.. DY will get some hard learned lesson and I look for her to go running home when things don't go her way.. I think she should move and set up house else where or take YI Yook and move in her mom house and sat up position there..Be first lady in that home deal with her brothers wife DY step sister.. Both are spoiled brats and they can compete with each other..

When it comes to Dae Ryook and Do Ran oh yes there's going to be a lot of problems and the brat is going to be from every possible angle to stop this marriage.. Mother will have her hand it in also but she'll give in Dae Ryook will get his way and this is when sht is really going to hit the fan we will see the brat trying to throw her weight around and get caught by the FIL and told off once again of whats her place and rank in the family.. She'll be crying for days when this happens..:bawling: Hope she moves then  I;ll be so happy   :grin: But both DR and MR marriages will be tested when Mr. Wang is revealed..

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I feel like the dad is going to cause issues ,if he is going to continue act like her dad he should tell the truth at this point.

@dramaninja  As of now Mr. Wang isn't really doing bad in protecting her.. He just trying to spare her what could happen which is going to happen.. Do Ran is the pitiful one her and it's going to take the brat a while to see that.. She grew up with no mother and father only had her adopted father.. She's going to be nad when she finds out who Mr Wang is but she'll forgive him and understand why he did what he did.. He didn;t want to be a hindence to her life or have her branded.. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

He definitely will cause issues although currently it’s only to block Dae Ryook and discourage Do Ran against a relationship with Dae Ryook. 

@sava2sava, I think the marriage between Yi Ryook and bratty girl will last. Usually in Family/Weekend drama they will last unless it was a premise where a divorce was meant to happen to make way for another love interest. 

Let me get my wish.. Bratty will tell her husband it's they divorce or the brother divorce.. She's going to use I've been married to you longer and have known you longer..

@stargazer187, I was wondering myself how long do we have to put up with Da Ya’s jealousy. In the preview for tomorrow she’s still whining about how Do Ran is taking her place. She is very selfish. Do Ran genuinely cares for grandma and grandma genuinely cares for Do Ran. It’s therefore natural that they are attached. Why can’t she see it positively that grandma and the family are benefiting from Do Ran’s assistance? It’s not like Do Ran lives there or has any legitimate claim to anything that Da Ya covets. Grandma, the chairman and her MIL already told her they adore her. So then it must be that she cannot stand another female in their circle getting any attention at all from the family. If she was truly apart of the family and considered their well being from the standpoint of a family member, then she would also feel gratitude towards Do Ran for sacrificing her time and sleep to pacify grandma. 

@sava2sava, at this point I can’t see Da Ya moving out unless the father kick them out of the house. Her mother is even echoing her nonsense by telling Da Ya if she wants to be the lady of the house she has to work hard. I really hope the writer doesn’t reward her with what she wants. I never thought of her attempting to get pregnant to gain an advantage but even that I hope is thwarted for a long time. She needs a hard lesson because she won’t get it from her MIL, mother or husband. They’re all useless.

Ssoooo hands up all you who were willing Halmoni to tear clumps out :naughty:. Was hoping she'd locked on to DY  and MIL too remove a few strands. Seriously these women urgh. It was so hard to watch the brat crying and acting like she has the developmental age of a toddler. Also the way how her mum was talking and some how manage to rest all blame on Kim DR was hard to watch. She deserved to be dragged. It's like Halmoni can see there true colors when she's having an episode.

DYs aunt as well is another piece of work. She was funny at first but now she's annoying the heck out of me. Seriously if that was a dude he'd have a restraining order by now. She too is showing her entitlement. Kang needs to be full on rude to her and straight up tell her to f off don't think nice and polite will work for her. They need to kill that storyline it's just annoying. 

Anyways looking forward to the next episode the preview looked good.

9 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Ssoooo hands up all you who were willing Halmoni to tear clumps out :naughty:. Was hoping she'd locked on to DY  and MIL too remove a few strands. Seriously these women urgh. It was so hard to watch the brat crying and acting like she has the developmental age of a toddler. Also the way how her mum was talking and some how manage to rest all blame on Kim DR was hard to watch. She deserved to be dragged. It's like Halmoni can see there true colors when she's having an episode.

DYs aunt as well is another piece of work. She was funny at first but now she's annoying the heck out of me. Seriously if that was a dude he'd have a restraining order by now. She too is showing her entitlement. Kang needs to be full on rude to her and straight up tell her to f off don't think nice and polite will work for her. They need to kill that storyline it's just annoying. 

Anyways looking forward to the next episode the preview looked good.

@tas82 Mr. Wang should block her number.. He ran from her in today's episode I just fell out laughuing..

@tas82, the reason why I like that grandma doesn’t pull Da Ya’s hair or physically attack her is because grandma will feel even more sorry towards her when she comes to her senses. I don’t want her to feel indebted to Da Ya when that gold digger is already clearly in the wrong. This is also why I’m upset with the writer for trying to make Do Ran a part of the Wang family when I can already foresee how sorry Do Ran will feel towards Da Ya and who knows how she will allow her to walk all over her. <_< I’m all for Dae Ryook and Do Ran because they’re good people at heart but I foresee a lot of heartache for them.

I don't like Mr.Kang reaction againts Do Ran and Dae Ryeok relationship. Even though he just act as a dad protected his daughter but he's the one who left Do Ran and give her to orphanage. Even when he's out of jail he still don't want to see Do Ran and said to Mi Ran's dad that Do Ran should not know about him. Now he become heroes from nowhere. If he loves DR as his daughter he should not do like that after what he's done to her. 

I feel more heartwarm of father-Daugher  when Do Ran with Mi Ran's Dad than Do Ran with her real dad. 

He had too. She would have been labeled as a criminals daughter and that has a real stigma in Korean Society where your family history and parents can  effect your chances of getting a better job and marrying into a good family. Once the truth comes out about her father  His mother and Da Ya will raise holy hell about bad blood, being a gold digger and letting a person like Do Ran even near  DR . Even Grandma and dad will probably have reservations because that is the culture. 

@stargazer187, I think Da Ya upsets us so much that we feel compelled to share our feelings more on that. I thought WDR and KDR had a nice fun date. KDR doesn’t want to admit it though because she clearly reminded WDR that she only went on the date due to the promise she made. However, clearly she was very excited when getting dressed and ready for the date. The problem is, Mr. Kang is dissuading her a lot by constantly reminding her that she’s from a different world to WDR’s. From the preview I think KDR will try to stop her feelings and probably try to distance herself from WDR after Mr. Kang undoubtedly interfered again. I do see his point of view but I also get impatient with him because he kind of treat WDR like an enemy.

Quite frankly, KDR and WDR could fight for their relationship when they face obstacles but the fact that Mr. Kang is her father really upsets me because he’s her greatest weakness. KDR has lived her life upright and hardworking and the only thing anybody can credibly hold against her is the fact that she’s the daughter of a murderer according to the court verdict. That’s a burden she’ll have to face in Korean society and I don’t look forward to seeing her world shatter like that. I know she’ll know Mr. Kang as a good person but it’s still a difficult issue to face.

@peggygordon, Dong Cheol was an awesome dad to Do Ran. I’m so glad Do Ran had him in her life. She obviously loves him because she keeps his picture on her vanity table. I also don’t like how Mr. Kang interferes directly in the relationship between KDR and WDR but I understand why he acts that way. Knowing his past too, it must make him even more paranoid about KDR dating someone whose family values a good reputation.

1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

I don't like Mr.Kang reaction againts Do Ran and Dae Ryeok relationship. Even though he just act as a dad protected his daughter but he's the one who left Do Ran and give her to orphanage. Even when he's out of jail he still don't want to see Do Ran and said to Mi Ran's dad that Do Ran should not know about him. Now he become heroes from nowhere. If he loves DR as his daughter he should not do like that after what he's done to her. 

I feel more heartwarm of father-Daugher  when Do Ran with Mi Ran's Dad than Do Ran with her real dad. 

@peggygordon  I understand Mr. Wang actions and it have been better if she did grow up in and orphange.. Mr. Wang consider all posibility when giving her up if he shows up now as her father what coud he say to her when she ask him about his abandonment..  How could he explain to his daughter that he was in prison for accidently killing a man.. Mr. Wang really trying to keep her from being shuned by society he never meant to be this close to her he was willing to help her from a far.. But fate always plays trick on us.. As he said himself nothing stays a secret.. I think he would probably quit once the marriage is a go.. 

I do have a feeling step mom will cause trouble again.. She's going to think that she cxould live the same life as the brat mother lives and go and take another loan especially if she learns that Dr is dating the owners eldest son.. 

50 minutes ago, RobinM said:

He had too. She would have been labeled as a criminals daughter and that has a real stigma in Korean Society where your family history and parents can  effect your chances of getting a better job and marrying into a good family. Once the truth comes out about her father  His mother and Da Ya will raise holy hell about bad blood, being a gold digger and letting a person like Do Ran even near  DR . Even Grandma and dad will probably have reservations because that is the culture. 

@RobinM  I don;t think G/ma and the chairman would being she was raised by someone else.. The chairman would understand by the way Mr. Wang carries himself and he would see it as he paid his debt and he didn't come back into society being a screw up..

It's The Stigma Of Korean Society Everyone

So I’m so behind on the episodes (right now I’m on episode 15-16:lol:) but I love how Dae Ryook is so confused on why he’s so nervous around Kim Do Ran :joy: man I want a Dae Ryook!!! 

And I would love that plot twist @stargrazer187 about stepmom and Myeung Hee and grandma! 

@celebrianna @sava2sava

Somehow I have a feeling this drama has few missions, trying to change the stigma of an ex-convict and giving the caregiver of dementia’s patients a heads up. Both are difficult and sensitive subject and not only need family to be strong and open minded, also need society to be one as well. Previous drama already open up the door to this sort of “new” knowledge and they need to push it to another level. In my country we have a lot of programmes for ex-convict to integrate to society and most of us especially the youngsters are okay with it l, the elder still divided but they somehow on the level of accepting now. I think that’s what the writer aim with the drama. 

I just hope there are no super sad scenes ahead, the last tears I dropped caused me a quite sick week, please writer-nim, don’t give us a super sad heartbreaking scene(s). 

@msaamia you will hooked more after episode 20 :D

By the way, I like how grandma pulled DY’s mother’s hair too! Don’t mess with grandma! 

@stargazer187, for KDR’s sake we can only wish that there is more to the story. There are certain things that are still fact though. Mr. Kang stole the money. Mr. Kang was involved in the death of a person. Even if Hong Sil’s husband wasn’t an upstanding citizen, Mr. Kang still precipated the death of a human being. I’m not sure if the loan shark died too. Even for his death, it could still be considered manslaughter. I don’t know when it becomes self defense versus manslaughter in Korean law. 

I wonder if her stepmom and Mi Ran would indeed abandon her. It is complicated because Mi Ran is now getting closer to Go Rae and his father was the dentist. If say Mi Ran learns of what happened to Go Rae’s father and how his premature death impacted Go Rae especially since he’s a boy and obviously followed in his father’s footsteps, I think Mi Ran will feel torn. On the other hand, KDR’s stepmom might actually ask Mr. Kang to leave KDR alone because she and Dong Cheol raised and fed her so they’re really Do Ran’s parents instead of him. I remember in Marry Me Now forum thread there was some discussion about how an adopted child should be considered just as much the child of a parent even without blood ties and blood ties shouldn’t be more important. Perhaps this issue might be raised in this drama. Also, maybe the stepmom would think differently because they received Do Ran as a baby and saw that innocent child grow into a woman untouched by anything sordid or criminal in the world. Then again, I don’t know if I’m hoping for too much from her.

I suspect in the end they will all work out their issues but it will be a lot of headaches to get there.

@oktatwork, yes I agree that the writer’s goal are those two things you mentioned. My problem with the ex-convict angle is placing Do Ran so close to the victims. It’s almost twisted. What about the writer penning the storyline of Hong Sil’s sister pursuing Mr. Kang. That’s just crazy to me. I can see conflict happening in three of the lovelines.

2 hours ago, oktatwork said:

@celebrianna @sava2sava

Somehow I have a feeling this drama has few missions, trying to change the stigma of an ex-convict and giving the caregiver of dementia’s patients a heads up. Both are difficult and sensitive subject and not only need family to be strong and open minded, also need society to be one as well. Previous drama already open up the door to this sort of “new” knowledge and they need to push it to another level. In my country we have a lot of programmes for ex-convict to integrate to society and most of us especially the youngsters are okay with it l, the elder still divided but they somehow on the level of accepting now. I think that’s what the writer aim with the drama. 

I just hope there are no super sad scenes ahead, the last tears I dropped caused me a quite sick week, please writer-nim, don’t give us a super sad heartbreaking scene(s). 

@msaamia you will hooked more after episode 20 :D

By the way, I like how grandma pulled DY’s mother’s hair too! Don’t mess with grandma! 

@oktatwork My country always been a free thinking society.. We deal with our Ex- convits as such.. We have all sorts of different programs to help them migrate back into society.. We even have programs for sex offenders.. So if this is wehere this drama is headed I like to see how the writer to get to the acceptance part of it.. It's going to be a challenge..

DY mom deserved to have her hair pulled she but into something she has no business to.. If she was a wonderful mother that she portrayed herself to be should be teaching her daughter not to try and compare herself nor have the attitrude that she'll be Mdm of Bom Foods.. As I said before she married the wrong brother for this..  It's always the eldest son and wife that lives with the parents..Do she thinks when he gets married he and wife will be moving out wrong.. Even if he moves out the title still goes with him and the wife.. One can tell she's been a shallow thinker all of her life so what can we expect She's a girl that never had to lift her fingers to do anything and she sure as hell on fire no nothing about running a home.. She has a lot of learning and growing to do.. But it would be nice to see her trying to set up a house and run it without her moms help..

32 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

for KDR’s sake we can only wish that there is more to the story. There are certain things that are still fact though. Mr. Kang stole the money. Mr. Kang was involved in the death of a person. Even if Hong Sil’s husband wasn’t an upstanding citizen, Mr. Kang still precipated the death of a human being. I’m not sure if the loan shark died too. Even for his death, it could still be considered manslaughter. I don’t know when it becomes self defense versus manslaughter in Korean law. 

@celebrianna  It might be a twist in this part of the story line that we learned that DY father wasn't the upstanding citizens he has been portrayed to be..  Off to ewatch the raw version of today's episode.. Also are you watching My healing love ? Another good weekend drama..   

3 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@celebrianna  It might be a twist in this part of the story line that we learned that DY father wasn't the upstanding citizens he has been portrayed to be..  Off to ewatch the raw version of today's episode.. Also are you watching My healing love ? Another good weekend drama..   

Personally I don’t think it matters whether he was an upstanding citizen. His life is just as important as an innocent person’s life. It’s a very scary thing when we begin to devalue the life of anyone else no matter what they have done. For instance, I don’t think the death penalty is given out lightly. I think it is used when someone has committed an extremely horrendous act. I think when judges rule that way, they take it very seriously because it’s a decision that determines life or death of a person.

I didn’t like the premise of Healing Love so I haven’t watched it. I know it’s the lead actress from the drama Five Children, which I loved though.

@stargazer187, Omo, I didn’t see that clip before. Please let her be okay. I hope they do thorough check up on her to make sure there’s no bleeding or swelling. :scream:

About “dumb and dumber” as you so nicely put it @stargazer187, I’m glad KDR refused them. I hope Chairman Wang find out that they tried to pay her off.

27 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Personally I don’t think it matters whether he was an upstanding citizen. His life is just as important as an innocent person’s life. It’s a very scary thing when we begin to devalue the life of anyone else no matter what they have done. For instance, I don’t think the death penalty is given out lightly. I think it is used when someone has committed an extremely horrendous act. I think when judges rule that way, they take it very seriously because it’s a decision that determines life or death of a person.

I didn’t like the premise of Healing Love so I haven’t watched it. I know it’s the lead actress from the drama Five Children, which I loved though.

@celebrianna  Give it a try, Yes your are correct life is life regardless to how one choose to live they life..  I still find something fishy about his trail.. Maybe the witness was a friend of his.. DR with her past education in the law might reinvestigate the case..

26 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Just watching some clips KBS shared. I am glad that DR refused EY and DY's request to return as haelmoni caretaker. And oh that rude wench is really the worst, how could she brags to increase the money?? Whose money she'll use? Her? I doubt. She acts like she is the one who has it. I am glad that EY didn't let it slide and scolds her right away. Dumb DY. Even her mon is in her right mind this time. Those DIL and MIL and the dumb are the dumber. 

@stargazer187  What tee me off is that the brat don;t want to take responsibility for any of it she let MIL take the blame for it all and offering her a cup of coffee isn't going to make her husband treat her any different.. All she say's is sorry ommani  .. When both MIL and DIl duo arrived at DO Ran house I wouldn't have allowed her in.. I would have told her anyone with rude behavior as hers are not allowed in and besides this hime is beneth you so no your not allowed in keep your rude self at home instead of coming here..

20 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@stargazer187, Omo, I didn’t see that clip before. Please let her be okay. I hope they do thorough check up on her to make sure there’s no bleeding or swelling. :scream:

About “dumb and dumber” as you so nicely put it @stargazer187, I’m glad KDR refused them. I hope Chairman Wang find out that they tried to pay her off.

I think the Chairman and the man that lives on the second floor (the eldest son) finds out about what she did.. Halmoni crack me up when she him that

Archived