[OFFICIAL] Park Seo Joon ❤️ Park Min Young【ParkPark ♥ BuBi Couple】

minseojoon

ive watched so many kdramas, the good, the bad, the ones with good rating and the ones with terrible rating.. weekend dramas, weekday dramas u name it.. as a k-drama fan, i hv to say HPL is kinda weak when it comes to plot and directing.. i dont think the rating is gonna be good even if they cast the Queen of England to star in it.. coz the problem is not with acting.. the script is the problem.. we all know PMY is a great actress but this is the weakest project she has done so far.. but it’s alright.. she has plenty of chance to do good dramas in the future.. and i look forward to it..

same goes to PSJ..if he ever does bad drama in the future im still gonna critic it.. no exception..

but i still love BOTH of them so so much :kiss_wink:

• Insightful 1

I think maybe not a lot of people watch tv anymore. I dont even watch tv anymore! lol! 

could be that...

btw, I didnt like Hwarang.. lol! sorry.. I tried watching it.. but yeah.. not even PSJ can make me watch it.:D

here in HPL.. I kept giving it chances.. bcause PMYs face makes me.. :sweat_smile: but yeah, i just decided to maybe watch some scenes but not the whole thing.. because its not giving me the feels i want to feel.

38 minutes ago, twoparkcouple said:

even her loyal fans think hpl doesn't help her acting career. so they hope it will end soon and she can rest.

That's really sad. She must feel sad about the ratings already but to have her fans being vocal about disliking the drama too...

1 hour ago, seoseo said:

How can you say pmy choose wrong drama..even as her fan i don't really like this genre but still she make a good decision..at her myday fan meeting the main reason she choose this script because pmy say it's about fan and she want to know more about her fan and how difficult being a fan..she always say to her fan that it very difficult to be her fan..so she really appreciate her fan..

While I respect her decision for thinking about her fans and wanting to show her fans how fangirling/fanboying is about, I kind of felt the drama was definitely competing with some really fierce competition. Although I did catch HPL during its live broadcast in my country, however, I have to be honest and admit that I was more interested in another medical suspense drama (Doctor Prisoner) which you could say had little to absolutely no romance, pretty bloody and violent scenes, yet the ratings for that drama was as high as 15.6% thereabout on a public channel.

I personally feel that had the drama been aired maybe after this period, it could have been better in terms of ratings, I guess it could also be a slight misjudgment in terms of the production timing, but I could be wrong on this matter but is it the drama team (PD, director & writers) that determines what are the ratings that they are likely to target because I saw BTS of actors/actresses giving their take on the ratings so I’m a little confused about that, anyone that is familiar could clarify my doubts on this would be nice.

Nonetheless, it’s still pretty nice to see elegant and classy PMY on the screen twice every week so I’m not really complaining.

Hppefully, HPL ratings will be higher than before since Doctor Prisoner has ended and the new drama should not have too much of an impact (crosses fingers*).

52 minutes ago, quietobserver said:

yeah. Thats why I say she took this role because of the fangirling world. I thank her for thinking about us. I really appreciate her effort but it shown up until ep 6 only? They should put more and highlight more on the fangirling. I hope during exhibition she still into Sian like the first place. 

Probably the lack of editing and the writing of the scripts. Heart fluttering scene should be highlight more but seems to me that they must be rushing that some important scene jump to another scene so fast that it caused lack of impact to it. 

You must be questioning yourself too why the rate is low. Chemistry? how visually attractive they still can be but still lack of story can caused problem too. TYH also have great chemistry tho.

I'm sorry if you feel offended. I'm a huge fan of her too. But I do really get sad too if things doesn't work well for her. I guess it is unlucky in other way.

I can see where your coming from, however. 

I did watch TYH because of two reasons:

(1) The main leads (Goblin Fever)

(2) Director’s second work after WWWSK

There were shades of WWWSK in TYH which I could definitely relate to however, the drama was shown during a turbulent period where the burning sun scandal was taking over almost every single drama being aired on television. 

It got so bad that the TYH villain was pretty much playing a cameo role because of how comparable it looked to what the burning sun scandal looked like, that shift in storyline drastically caused the drama to beat around the bush for a couple of episodes and killed its suspense in terms of the supposed *hero saves the damsel in distress* scene

Let’s compare it with WWWSK vs TYH

WWWSK had:

(1) Amazing acting (portrayal of different emotions from different casts [leads, supporting cast and even the young child leads]

(2) No noble idiocy (forceful break-up for a couple of episodes, little to no conflict (usually lasting for less than an episode)

(3) Lots of Memorable Scenes (Giving PMY flowers in the car which causes her to sneeze at PSJ, PMY first time taking rides at amusement park, Almost kiss in the office that ends up having PMY dab, Drunk scenes from both PSJ and PMY including the PMY’s father and PSJ and last but not least, that classic scene of naughtiness from PMY and PSJ about the hotel stay)

(4) The rather relatable characters (workaholic secretary who prioritizes the Vice President, staffs in the office who are very agreeable to the VP, MD who is always on the VP side even though he doesn’t like it) these characters make us viewers watch the drama because we can relate to them, and possibly why the drama was such a huge hit.

(5) The parodies of the kiss/make up scene

The Kang Ki Young and Seo Hyo Rim scene in Episode 16 was really funny. Will try to link if can find it.

TYH had:

(1) Stellar casts (LDW, YIN, LSW and many more, but the casts were pretty decent actors/actresses with respected ratings in dramas, there was this actor who acted quite well as a guy acting with a mental illness in the show)

(2) Comedic Moments (not as much as WWWSK but I could probably count quite a number of them) 

(3)  Parodies of the main couple scenes (similar to WWWSK.

Stuff that might have affected ratings for TYH

(1) Break-up scene (might be necessary but totally uncalled for)

(2) Lack of a genuine plot for the show mostly due to the scandal in korea

(3) Deviated quite a lot compared to the comic/manga

Sorry if I went off-topic for quite abit, but I see this topic of HPL popping up quite a lot for PMY so just wanted to get it out of the way.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LurkerNoMore said:

I personally feel that had the drama been aired maybe after this period, it could have been better in terms of ratings, I guess it could also be a slight misjudgment in terms of the production timing,

Maybe its because they banked on her being called a new title: rom com queen.  But i persoanlly thought it's still premature to just depend on it.  WWWSK was her last project before HPL, that was her only romcom series. 

And the WWWSK characters made such an impression to the public, especially KImMiso, so I guess people werent really ready yet to see her in another romcom with another character? or with another partner? Could be anything... Or maybe they thought another romcom? 

Although I would agree on the misjudgement of the production timing... but some believe that PMY has other plans thats why she went with this. 

Anyway,, lol! I'm over this.. :lol:  To the fans.. enjoy the remaining episodes if you enjoy the drama.

What's next? BUSTED 2! :D

• Love 1

WWWSK really makes a lot of changes for her :

1) People dont call her Kim Nana anymore. People call her Kim biso.

2) She is famous. But since she was filming in China, not much news of her in Korea. Came back for Q47D, not much impact. After WWWSK , boommmm, CFs and magazine covers calls. 

3) with only one romcom drama, she gets the title RomCom Queen.

4) She's a lot more open now. Always update sns. Always get to see her happy side. Angel smileeeee

WWWSK definitely a turnover for her now. 

• Like 3

My take on why WWWSK rated higher than HPL:

1. It's a Park Seo Joon drama - he is one of the biggest stars of his generation in Korea and he has already made a name in RomComs. Unlike HPL, the initial burden of "selling" the drama was with PMY whose romcom was only WWWSK. KJW may have become Buzzworthy now in Korea but he has no lead role prior to this.

2. There was no tight competition in the timeslot.

3. Genre - the fangirling theme may not be too relatable to middle aged Koreans in rural areas. HPL rated higher in Seoul. The younger generations love to watch online than TV.

I do not believe that actors do not care about ratings. Deep inside, no matter what they say in public, I am sure they are always on monitor about the ratings too.

I remember PSJ and PMY promised to cook together for the cast if the ratings will reach 10%. Too bad no episode reached 10% we would have had videos of them cooking for the cast. 

29 minutes ago, quietobserver said:

WWWSK really makes a lot of changes for her :

1) People dont call her Kim Nana anymore. People call her Kim biso.

2) She is famous. But since she was filming in China, not much news of her in Korea. Came back for Q47D, not much impact. After WWWSK , boommmm, CFs and magazine covers calls. 

3) with only one romcom drama, she gets the title RomCom Queen.

4) She's a lot more open now. Always update sns. Always get to see her happy side. Angel smileeeee

WWWSK definitely a turnover for her now. 

She had magazine pictorials after WWWSK like Cosmopolitan, Harpers Bazaar, Dazed etc but she was not the cover girl. She was among the featured artists inside the magazine. 

PSJ 90% of the time is the cover feature of magazines and that shows how big star he is. That may be is a factor why WWWSK rates higher than HPL. But if only HPL has very solid story it would have rated very high. Sky Castle had very low pilot ratings cast are not A Listers. Yet it soared to the top because of a solid story. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, parkparkloveu said:

My take on why WWWSK rated higher than HPL:

1. It's a Park Seo Joon drama - he is one of the biggest stars of his generation in Korea and he has already made a name in RomComs. Unlike HPL, the initial burden of "selling" the drama was with PMY whose romcom was only WWWSK. KJW may have become Buzzworthy now in Korea but he has no lead role prior to this.

2. There was no tight competition in the timeslot.

3. Genre - the fangirling theme may not be too relatable to middle aged Koreans in rural areas. HPL rated higher in Seoul. The younger generations love to watch online than TV.

I do not believe that actors do not care about ratings. Deep inside, no matter what they say in public, I am sure they are always on monitor about the ratings too.

I remember PSJ and PMY promised to cook together for the cast if the ratings will reach 10%. Too bad no episode reached 10% we would have had videos of them cooking for the cast. 

She had magazine pictorials after WWWSK like Cosmopolitan, Harpers Bazaar, Dazed etc but she was not the cover girl. She was among the featured artists inside the magazine. 

PSJ 90% of the time is the cover feature of magazines and that shows how big star he is. That may be is a factor why WWWSK rates higher than HPL. But if only HPL has very solid story it would have rated very high. Sky Castle had very low pilot ratings cast are not A Listers. Yet it soared to the top because of a solid story. 

Sorry but psj just getting popularity as lead from ffmw..and i watch ffmw after wwwsk..i not even really know who is psj before just seeing him in second lead in kmhm..so i don't think psj popularity help the drama..even hwarang got so many idol and psj as lead the ranting still low..at least hpl really popular international and most talk drama and actor every week..and hpl got better storyline than wwwsk..

Psj popular just because many of big hallu star on army..he out just on right time while big not around..

tbh i dont know how rating works in korea..

Spoiler

actually ive watched bad dramas with high ratings and good dramas with low ratings.. the most unforgettable bad drama for me recently is SBS’ The Last Empress.. it had good rating but oh boy the drama was full of makjang ridiculousness.. it was really awful.. u guys hv to see it for urself to understand what i mean...  i cant believe Jang Nara chose that project sobs.. but i think viewers liked it coz the rating was really good.. 

so idk.. 

13 minutes ago, seoseo said:

hpl got better storyline than wwwsk..

u really think so? for real?? okay then.. i respect ur opinion.. to each her own :)

@seoseo

I know you are solid PMY and I also love her but let us not be blind fans here and face REALITY. You can do your own research how Park Seo Joon is always in the list of top Korean stars in the recent years. The most prestigious new list he is in is Forbes 2019 which was based on his 2018 popularity, income and overall activities. PMY is not in the list yet hopefully soon. Yes PSJ became super popular after FFMW but even before then he was already praised in She Was Pretty . He already had a long list of RomComs in his Filmography. He was already called RomCom King long before PMY did WWWSK.

Have you been to Korea? You can see PSJ photos there literally in every corner. If you watched HPL live, you can also see PSJ CFs. 

For sure his mega popularity is also one of the biggest factors for the success of WWWSK. You said yourself you do not like WWWSK storyline vs HPL so why did WWWSK had blockbuster ratings. Of course star factor of the cast is a plus.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

hpl got better storyline than wwwsk..

sorry.. I would have disagree to this also... WWWSK may not have the best story.. but HPL is not better.

The title doesn't even support the storyline anymore?!

7 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

u really think so? for real?? okay then.. i respect ur opinion.. to each his/her own :)

I will say yes, hpl's storyline is better than wwwsk but unfortunately pdnim not execute it well and for some scenes it seems forced and not too deep. They lost the essence from the title "Her Private Life", they must keep the balance of DM's fangirling and her romance life. Thats the main disappointed, but if we look again in fact the storyline is more contained than wwwsk

9 minutes ago, parkparkloveu said:

You can do your own research how Park Seo Joon is always in the list of top Korean stars in the recent years.

Yes @seoseo.. you may not know PSJ well, but I a lot, and I mean a lot of people do already even before WWWSK.  

He was already famous in and outside Korea.  PMY was a talented actress, but the reality is.. WWWSK is her biggest break.  That's how people recognize her more... and now in HPL, people are recognizing her talent even further.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twoparkcouple said:

in this video, ppc are really playing with foot?

im not sure if they were playing footsie in that vid coz they looked pretty nonchalant to me.. maybe coincidental foot movement? (coincidence again lol) :joy:

• LOL 1

6 minutes ago, twoparkcouple said:

i think so too. idk why netzns thought ppc were playing each other with feet in the interview. -_-

I don't see their foot touching either.. BUT the fact that PSJ kept it so close like that.. lol! 

these two are such a teaaaase!