[OFFICIAL] Park Seo Joon ❤️ Park Min Young【ParkPark ♥ BuBi Couple】

minseojoon

4 hours ago, polydadmiac said:

The MC said "Park Seo Joon" then MY and the whole casts showed some "hanging" reaction for a few seconds. Chansung's reaction was gold. This video has been posted and discussed thoroughly in some of the previous pages. I included in my PPC timeline event in page 489.

Any idea how far back it was discussed? I

saw your post on p.489. That's why I looked for it on YouTube but didn't find it. Glad it was posted here today. :) But my Korean isn't fluent, so I didn't get all that's said. Chansung's, and really everyone's, reactions are gold! Lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tali58 said:

Agencies do that often and have "first scoop" agreements with certain media outlets and entertainment shows. The actors depend on the agencies to take care of that kind of thing. It can backfire on the actor if he or she does it and it can also appear like blackmail or extortion on the reporter's or photographer's side. 

PSJ Agency is small and his boss is his bestfriend. It has been believed he is a part owner of the agency. So there is a high chance any payments made to media personally came from him and not from Awesome Ent Boss

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

PSJ Agency is small and his boss is his bestfriend. It has been believed he is a part owner of the agency. So there is a high chance any payments made to media personally came from him and not from Awesome Ent Boss

Yes,  I am aware of that. But it would show "on paper" that it's from the agency. It would also show in the books as an agency expense. That was my point. 

2 hours ago, snitchdream08 said:

Hope someone will share to us who didn't buy dvd :D. If they open 3rd DVD pre-order let me know..

Is pre- order available to fans outside Korea?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minmangfan said:

Hi @snitchdream08

- Ssi (씨) when attached to a name actually translates to Mr./Ms./Mrs. By saying Park Min Young-ssi 박민영씨 he was calling him formally as Ms. Park Min Young, as a sign of respect. It can be used to refer to anyone whether he or she is younger or older than you.

Noona on the other hand is the honorific term used by men to refer to women who are older but it is only used when they are close to the older woman. Usually it means that they are like brother/sister in terms of relationship but there's really no rule about it because as far as I remember SJK called SHK noona at one point in time and look what they are now -- husband and wife. 

You only use one or the other. For example you either say Park Min Young-ssi, or Park Min Young noona. Both connote respect but ssi is the more formal one.

On the case of our PPC, PSJ is known to use Noona for female costars who are older than him so him preferring not to use such honorific for PMY may mean he doesn't see himself or that he doesn't want to position himself as someone younger than PMY. It may also mean that he doesn't want to highlight the age gap especially because during the presscon at the start of WWWSK he mentioned how they are "of the same age".

Also, noona" is used by a man to a woman. A woman to an older woman would use "unni."  Similarly, "hyung" is from a guy to an older guy, whereas "oppa" is from a woman to an older guy. However, in intimate relationships, a woman sometimes will call her bf "oppa" even if he's younger. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GraceW said:

I have watched this intw before, they play some words game.....so PMY just whispering "PARK" to Lee Dong Gun, the the MC spilled out PSJ name since it started with "Park" . But Chansung reaction were :w00t: **suspicious n fishy** .On that time actually I didn't believed that they had 3 years relationship but then this video made me think that PPC might has begun the relationship that year.

Lee Dong Gun asked what the syllable was that was said. He's supposed to come up with a word or poetic line that starts with "Park", as part of an acrostic poem. Popular game at the end of many Korean promo interviews. The interviewer, who actually isn't supposed to be playing,  only the actors do to promote their drama, says "Park Seojoon." So she's both totally off topic and not supposed to be playing the game, so it's a double "Oops" which really makes it awkward and weird,  as everyone's reaction shows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tali58 said:

Yes,  I am aware of that. But it would show "on paper" that it's from the agency. It would also show in the books as an agency expense. That was my point. 

Yes but unfortunately, the pre order period is already closed. They had 2 pre order periods and those who did not order could no longer avail of the DVD because its limited in number based on pre order. Unless there will be extra DVDs they will open for sale in the future. 

8880711-F-881-C-4-FC8-9-A51-E672-BAF0665

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, tali58 said:

yes but pre-order already was closed. if you want to buy dvd, you can buy it when dvd is released. but you can't receive special gifts(wedding photo book, wedding invitation, unrealized photo book, 2 special video disks etc..)only for pre order buyers.

Turns out PMY is showing some sort of card that has a QR code to PSJ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqzr2kYnMWb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tzdg474l7o0z

10 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

It looked like she took her glass of drink with a straw (since she got it above her plate and how she was holding it).. and let PSJ drink.. maybe PSJ was really thirsty or she let him taste her choice of drink. :D But the sweet part is they couldve asked for a new one.. but PMY casually and normally let PSJ drink on it. :wub:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, twoparkcouple said:

yes but pre-order already was closed. if you want to buy dvd, you can buy it when dvd is released. but you can't receive special gifts(wedding photo book, wedding invitation, unrealized photo book, 2 special video disks etc..)only for pre order buyers.

So only 2 pre-order periods? :( I missed the 2nd round of preorder and I swear to myself to make it the moment the 3rd preord link is released :bawling: I thought normally there are multiple rounds of director's cut preorder :tears:

8 minutes ago, RabbieandSatt said:

So only 2 pre-order periods? :( I missed the 2nd round of preorder and I swear to myself to make it the moment the 3rd preord link is released :bawling: I thought normally there are multiple rounds of director's cut preorder :tears:

dvd team said if 3rd pre order is opened or not has not decided yet. i will let you know, if 3rd pre order is decided.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, RabbieandSatt said:

I'm hoping they'll have another pre- order round. I went on the Daum Cafe website.  Nothing so far. 

5 hours ago, twoparkcouple said:

dvd team said if 3rd pre order is opened or not has not decided yet. i will let you know, if 3rd pre order is decided.

Thank you! I, too, would really appreciate it if you let us know about a 3rd round. 

16 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

QF7D interview was about FFMW time as both dramas were aired about the same time on KBS

Thank you.

I watched FFMW, but QF7D was really hard to watch. I knew the real history and it's just so sad. So I watched it for the actors, but only occasionally, because it was heartbreaking, especially knowing this really happened to the queen.  I forgot it was the same dates as FFMY.

17 hours ago, newkid09 said:

Yep, I won't be surprised if he recommended her name. I never bought the excuse that he didn't have the "power" to do that seeing that some of the cast members of WWWSK were from his previous shows and because of his current fame in Korea. Besides, it's a common occurrence in the entertainment industry for big celebs/leads to suggest names of friends and producers do ask them and take their suggestions into consideration. A-list celebs also have a say on how the script should run and how their characters should be portrayed despite what was initially envisioned. In light of these recent events, I would say that this is a well-thought-out plan of outing themselves.

Seeing that they really are a thing in light of the recent events, what's your take guys? What steps do you think they will take next? :wub:

Agreed. PSJ regularly ad-libs in all his parts, and often discusses his character and the story arc with his directors, and is considered as very savvy in his suggestions. If he's got the power to do that,  and directors do routinely take his suggestions, it's highly likely that his opinion counts when casting, and that his suggestions for a co-star are taken seriously. Offering the role to PMY first was also a no-brainer, even if they weren't a couple. She even looks like Miso in the web tune. 

The other reason I never bought his disclaimer that he had no say in PMY's casting is that the writer and director for FFMW basically said the drama was written with him in mind. He had made it known that he wanted to play opposite KJW after watching her in DOTS, and.... she was offered the role. As @newkid09 said, actors do that all the time, and casting directors pay attention, especially when it's the star saying it. Of course, he said he felt very lucky that he got to have her as his co-star because he's admired her acting in DOTS, but no one claimed that he got her the part b/c of any personal friendship or more. 

Another great example of a star suggesting another actor is Jo In-Sung turned down DOTS because he didn't think he'd be right for it, but he highly recommended to the director and producer that they offer the part to SJK, who just got out of the military and would be perfect for the role. They listened to JIS, and the rest is drama history.

• Like 4