[OFFICIAL] Park Seo Joon ❤️ Park Min Young【ParkPark ♥ BuBi Couple】

minseojoon

Alright here is my honest take on FFMW vs. WWWSK. Warning!!! comment is super long lol

Spoiler

Plot: I jumped straight into FFMW without watching any trailer, bts, interviews, etc. I started watching from ep 1-8 without skipping any second. Laughter were definitely heavy at first but then by the time I got to ep 9-10, I noticed I lost interest. I couldn't bring myself to watch full episode anymore. (and no, it is not due to being bias cause I jumped into WWWSK without knowing the plot or anything about it too). I got bored because at first it started out with a lot of fun scenes but then the mood started getting heavy where it kinda turned into korean dramas like back then where power, sadness, lead characters are getting into repetitive ridiculous scenes. I simply don't like dramas that dont have some realistic sense to it. Also, it started out with a few problems then suddenly a lot of other things got involved and they kinda turned messy. I think the plot or how writer/director started portraying the last couple of eps was the biggest mood killer for me.

WWWSK, no need to say much. WWWK simply delivered for me because it was simple. Not difficult to digest. It wasn't too cheesy, too happy nor too sad. The mood throughout the drama was just light for me as a viewer who doesn't like too many things at once and just keep it simple. I think I can speak for a majority, esp. non-PPC shippers that WWWSK hit homerun with its viewers because of its simplicity.

Acting: Not much to say, both dramas had amazing actors and actresses.

NOW, THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF IT. DUN DUN DUN LOL

CHEMISTRY: Ok to keep it short, I will leave minor characters chemistry out of the analysis cause obviously I didn't plan on writing this as a professional movie critic lol.

PSJ w/ KJW: I admit I did feel shy when they had intimacy scenes. However, the feelings was more like "omg this is so embarrassing to watch" than "omg what is this, what are they doing, is this really acting?". KJW acting was definitely good. She delivered her character perfectly. It wasn't cringing or boring watching her. Same with PSJ. Then comes their chemistry, I predicted that I would not get the same heart fluttering as WWWSK because obviously we got 2 different plots here. FFMW is where 2 main characters started off as not romantic, more like buddies than slowly like each other. Their intimacy is kinda more puppy love so I already expected I wasn't gonna feel much. But the chemistry I'm mentioning here is a real chemistry u just feel it by ur sixth sense. I definitely felt the chemistry of dongman and ae ra as a couple but I didn't feel the chemistry of PSK and KJW. I wanted to prove myself wrong so I went off watching their interviews, bts, etc. The more I watched, the more I questioned whether I'm just being bias or I really don't feel the chemistry of PSK & KJW. You have no idea how many times I've watched their kiss scenes to force myself to feel something lol we'll discuss this a bit more into details below.

In bts, PSJ is the same just as he was in WWWSK, playful and teasing. But, his playful and teasing is the same with every costars, I couldn't differentiate any special teasing he does only to KJW. Then I analyzed their skinship off screen, both seem somewhat awkward and uncomfortable then going into an acting mode or something to make it looks like they're comfortable. Esp during interviews, I think PSJ at some points forgets that he has to sell the idea of a cute couple to viewers so his tone sounded really professional talking about her here and there, then he snapped out of it and put back an acting mode where they'd seem like a cute couple. Honestly, I really didn't feel PSJ as an actor until watching FFMY lol. Not saying he was bad in WWWSK, just saying I felt like I was watching PSJ in WWWSK and in FFMY I felt like I was watching dongman. After watching all the bts, interviews, and even fanmade love videos, my honest take on their chemistry is PSJ & KJW have more like an older brother younger sister / good friends type. (Sorry FFMW shippers, I just dont feel it)

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

Jeez where do I even begin. Honestly, after watching FFMW, I felt like I've been lied to by PPC lol. Needless to say, their chemistry as VP and Miso delivered just like dongman and aera. However, like I said when I watched PPC, I had multiple thoughts like "is this serious? are they really acting?". They made my heart fluttered. I felt like PMY composed her acting better than PSJ in WWWSK. I watched PMY as Miso but I got confused sometimes w/ PSJ whether I'm watching him or VP sometimes. Just something you weirdly feel and you know it without really being able to put it into words meanwhile when you know they're doing the exact same acting as they've done with previous partners. Now off screen, its totally opposite from PSJ and KJW. PPC tried their best to act somewhat awkward, new to each other, maintain professionalism here and there but problem is they let it slipped few times that they're actually comfortable with each other but they just be lying to us. Then we have skinship, if you go back and rewatch and compare, whenever PSJ and KJW were close, as soon as they're done, they extracted from each other and be normal. But then for PPC, I noticed one or the other always still has some hold (whether its physically or through some secret looking) on each other. Like com'on u can't deny that secret smirk PSJ gave her during Viki interview, that look after they kissed for the first time, and how PSJ completely zoned out during pre-bed kissing and I thin he unconsciously stroke her arm. Btw idk if its just me, but I noticed PSJ kissing w/ other costars are very much him doing the work and since he has thick lips it looks like they're really into it, but if u look closely, I think  PMY is most likely the only person PSJ actually really kiss kiss. He goes for her upper and bottom lip evenly and another thing is he parted his mouth pretty big that the corner of their mouths locked if u'd look closely.

I'm gonna keep it short here now cause if I go on anymore it'd become a crazy PPC analysis and not a fair comparison between 2 dramas.

Bottom line is when I watched FFMY, I was fully conscious and knew the whole time I was watching a drama. But when I watched WWWSK, I had a lot of after-effect like I wondered "what did I just watch? why do I feel weird". I still don't buy the 3 yrs dating but I'm 10000% sure they're dating now.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, park2park said:

Alright here is my honest take on FFMW vs. WWWSK. Warning!!! comment is super long lol

Reveal hidden contents

Plot: I jumped straight into FFMW without watching any trailer, bts, interviews, etc. I started watching from ep 1-8 without skipping any second. Laughter were definitely heavy at first but then by the time I got to ep 9-10, I noticed I lost interest. I couldn't bring myself to watch full episode anymore. (and no, it is not due to being bias cause I jumped into WWWSK without knowing the plot or anything about it too). I got bored because at first it started out with a lot of fun scenes but then the mood started getting heavy where it kinda turned into korean dramas like back then where power, sadness, lead characters are getting into repetitive ridiculous scenes. I simply don't like dramas that dont have some realistic sense to it. Also, it started out with a few problems then suddenly a lot of other things got involved and they kinda turned messy. I think the plot or how writer/director started portraying the last couple of eps was the biggest mood killer for me.

WWWSK, no need to say much. WWWK simply delivered for me because it was simple. Not difficult to digest. It wasn't too cheesy, too happy nor too sad. The mood throughout the drama was just light for me as a viewer who doesn't like too many things at once and just keep it simple. I think I can speak for a majority, esp. non-PPC shippers that WWWSK hit homerun with its viewers because of its simplicity.

CHEMISTRY: Ok to keep it short, I will leave minor characters chemistry out of the analysis cause obviously I didn't plan on writing this as a professional movie critic lol.

PSJ w/ KJW: I admit I did feel shy when they had intimacy scenes. However, the feelings was more like "omg this is so embarrassing to watch" than "omg what is this, what are they doing, is this really acting?". KJW acting was definitely good. She delivered her character perfectly. It wasn't cringing or boring watching her. Same with PSJ. Then comes their chemistry, I predicted that I would not get the same heart fluttering as WWWSK because obviously we got 2 different plots here. FFMW is where 2 main characters started off as not romantic, more like buddies than slowly like each other. Their intimacy is kinda more puppy love so I already expected I wasn't gonna feel much. But the chemistry I'm mentioning here is a real chemistry u just feel it by ur sixth sense. I definitely felt the chemistry of dongman and ae ra as a couple but I didn't feel the chemistry of PSK and KJW. I wanted to prove myself wrong so I went off watching their interviews, bts, etc. The more I watched, the more I questioned whether I'm just being bias or I really don't feel the chemistry of PSK & KJW. You have no idea how many times I've watched their kiss scenes to force myself to feel something lol we'll discuss this a bit more into details below.

In bts, PSJ is the same just as he was in WWWSK, playful and teasing. But, his playful and teasing is the same with every costars, I couldn't differentiate any special teasing he does only to KJW. Then I analyzed their skinship off screen, both seem somewhat awkward and uncomfortable then going into an acting mode or something to make it looks like they're comfortable. Esp during interviews, I think PSJ at some points forgets that he has to sell the idea of a cute couple to viewers so his tone sounded really professional talking about her here and there, then he snapped out of it and put back an acting mode where they'd seem like a cute couple. Honestly, I really didn't feel PSJ as an actor until watching FFMY lol. Not saying he was bad in WWWSK, just saying I felt like I was watching PSJ in WWWSK and in FFMY I felt like I was watching dongman. After watching all the bts, interviews, and even fanmade love videos, my honest take on their chemistry is PSJ & KJW have more like an older brother younger sister / good friends type. (Sorry FFMW shippers, I just dont feel it)

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

Jeez where do I even begin. Honestly, after watching FFMW, I felt like I've been lied to by PPC lol. Needless to say, their chemistry as VP and Miso delivered just like dongman and aera. However, like I said when I watched PPC, I had multiple thoughts like "is this serious? are they really acting?". They made my heart fluttered. I felt like PMY composed her acting better than PSJ in WWWSK. I watched PMY as Miso but I got confused sometimes w/ PSJ whether I'm watching him or VP sometimes. Just something you weirdly feel and you know it without really being able to put it into words meanwhile when you know they're doing the exact same acting as they've done with previous partners. Now off screen, its totally opposite from PSJ and KJW. PPC tried their best to act somewhat awkward, new to each other, maintain professionalism here and there but problem is they let it slipped few times that they're actually comfortable with each other but they just be lying to us. Then we have skinship, if you go back and rewatch and compare, whenever PSJ and KJW were close, as soon as they're done, they extracted from each other and be normal. But then for PPC, I noticed one or the other always still has some hold (whether its physically or through some secret looking) on each other. Like com'on u can't deny that secret smirk PSJ gave her during Viki interview, that look after they kissed for the first time, and how PSJ completely zoned out during pre-bed kissing and I thin he unconsciously stroke her arm. Btw idk if its just me, but I noticed PSJ kissing w/ other costars are very much him doing the work and since he has thick lips it looks like they're really into it, but if u look closely, I think  PMY is most likely the only person PSJ actually really kiss kiss. He goes for her upper and bottom lip evenly and another thing is he parted his mouth pretty big that the corner of their mouths locked if u'd look closely.

I'm gonna keep it short here now cause if I go on anymore it'd become a crazy PPC analysis and not a fair comparison between 2 dramas.

Bottom line is when I watched FFMY, I was fully conscious and knew the whole time I was watching a drama. But when I watched WWWSK, I had a lot of after-effect like I wondered "what did I just watch? why do I feel weird". I still don't buy the 3 yrs dating but I'm 10000% sure they're dating now.

Hi doll! I love your analisys :D 

I also saw FFMW without skipping any scene or episode until the end and I have to say that I felt I was watching a drama too. Just like you said, the on screen couple is good (I must say that I don't like dramas with childist behavior so I didn't like that part of the main couple that's why I prefer the second couple because is more realistic) but I even didn't feel ashamed with the kisses or bed scenes in it. 

In another hand, when I started watching WWWSK it was like magic. I mean, I couldn't stop watching and I couldn't explain why at the moment. 

As I've said before, I don't buy the bts chemistry in any drama since they, at the end, are actors/actresses so they can fake it to sell it to us. While Miso and JY bought me with their chemistry on screen it were the interviews which make a PPC fan. That's where you can see the real person behind the actor/actress since they are off guard very often and sometime very hyper so they let it go.

Anyway, I'm making a new comparison about statements of PMY and PSJ about their partners in their different dramas so you can compare B)  I will post it soon

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, park2park said:

Reveal hidden contents

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

I like it :D

yeah the 3 years relationship is a bit ridiculous but many are believes that they're an item right now, we are waiting for their wedding announcement

• Like 1

2 hours ago, park2park said:

Reveal hidden contents

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

Love your analysis :D

But if you watch bts of Healer, you will that PMY more comfortable with JCW. In WWWSK, she looks more cautious with PSJ in BTS. But I feel why she looks more comfortable with JCW because nothing happened between them lol. I can't tell that they don't have chemistry because their chemistry are amazing too but I just can't feel something happened between them. I'm not biased but it what I feel :rolleyes:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, snitchdream08 said:

Love your analysis :D

But if you watch bts of Healer, you will that PMY more comfortable with JCW. In WWWSK, she looks more cautious with PSJ in BTS. But I feel why she looks more comfortable with JCW because nothing happened between them lol. I can't tell that they don't have chemistry because their chemistry are amazing too but I just can't feel something happened between them. I'm not biased but it what I feel :rolleyes:

Kinda reminded me of her chemistry with WJ from QO7D. She was totally fine with touching him and stuff simply cause she has no feelings lol.

Girls are like that, we like u, we try to keep our distance as far as a trillion miles away, but if we dont like u, we stay as close to u as u want LOL boys are the opposite. This is why u see one pull one push in our PPC. 

Btw some of u are amazing for spotting the ring. It seems more than a regular accessory to me based on how she is normally and even in that pic. Promise ring perhaps ? Lol soon it'll be a permanent one. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, park2park said:

Reveal hidden contents

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

i love reading this! i swear you guys are like my soul sisters. keep the comments/observation coming guysss :wub:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, park2park said:

Kinda reminded me of her chemistry with WJ from QO7D. She was totally fine with touching him and stuff simply cause she has no feelings lol.

Girls are like that, we like u, we try to keep our distance as far as a trillion miles away, but if we dont like u, we stay as close to u as u want LOL boys are the opposite. This is why u see one pull one push in our PPC. 

Btw some of u are amazing for spotting the ring. It seems more than a regular accessory to me based on how she is normally and even in that pic. Promise ring perhaps ? Lol soon it'll be a permanent one. 

In one interview clip they were asked if they play the push pull game in a relationship..i didn't quite get the context of what they were saying..but both said they don't do the push pull game... Thanks for the enlightenment

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fasiou said:

Psj went down at 11 place again, we should vote harder; i think others buy votes, i wish i could 

I just bought the 50 hearts (with 8 free votes) and its still not enough. :tears: last i checked, the 10th place has almost 400 votes ahead of psj. We need more votes.

I think miracle just happened to me, I (before watching wwwsk)usually  don’t like to read, but now i feel like reading is my favorite thing to do . Especially read all shippers thoughts,observations and comments about PPC. 

@park2park Please comeback with more longer comments or observations . It was so nice to read all your comments. 

It’s healing you know. Lol

and yeah you were right about the feelings “Is it PSJ or VP” and “it’s dongman” . For example im gonna chose the hugging scene where both PMY and KJW were sleeping and they hugged him. In ffmw the moment I saw it I can tell that it was Dongman, but in wwwsk when Miso hugged him i was like no it’s not VP. He definitely failed to get into his character. 

@kdramalover0216 looking forward to what you’re gonna share next. 

I’m so happy whenever i come to this thread and see more people give their thoughts and bla bla bla about PPc.

Hope everyone can come as often as they can and share anything that they have here. 

:D

• Like 4

5 hours ago, park2park said:

Reveal hidden contents

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

Nice work. It made a good read. Thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, park2park said:

Reveal hidden contents

THEN WE HAVE PMY & PSJ

1 hour ago, polydadmiac said:

Nice work. It made a good read. Thanks.

I agree with everything you said about the acting and the chemistry, and I enjoyed your take on everything. I thought I was the only one who noticed that PSJ does all the work in a few of his dramas when it came to kisses to make them look real. Lol. The funny thing,  to me anyways, is that all his female costars afterwards speak very highly of him and say their hearts fluttered during those scenes, even though they seem to just stand there. Maybe he really is as good at it as his reputation claims and they're shell- shocked. LOL. 

I totally, 100%, agree with you that his kissing scenes, before, during and after, with PMY have an entirely different "something" to them. There were times that I felt like I shouldn't be watching and needed to leave to give them their privacy.  

The only thing I disagree with basically just has to do with preferences of drama types. :)

The seriousness and heaviness of the situations the 4 main characters go through after the first light-hearted episodes are very true and real to young Koreans, which is why the drama was talked about positively so much during its run. The unblinking, stark,  realism of the struggles the 4 go through was, and still is, regarded in SK as one of the reasons for FFMW's huge popularity and high ratings among the demographics of ages 18-45. 

The key scene where Dongman stops right in the middle of the crosswalk, stands there, frozen, in the middle of traffic, and finally tells his supervisor that he's quiting his dead-end job, then turns to walk the opposite way, signaling that he's going to fight for his dreams, was discussed in a number of talk shows and even by psychologists, sociologists,  and reporters on SK tv and other media. It became an iconic scene,  and was often cited as the best, most important, and as the favorite scene in the drama by many viewers, critics, professionals, and many actors and TV personalities (If I remember correctly,  even PSJ said it was his favorite scene)  because it represented the dilemma faced by SK young people of the same generation. I think viewers outside South Korea might have different opinions, but for many Koreans, this scene, and the struggles in the later, more serious episodes, truly struck a chord and spoke to them. 

I was talking about this scene with a fellow professor,  a Korean who teaches Asian Film Studies, and she told me she even uses this scene in her college courses on K-dramas and how they reflect South Korean current society. She's a big PSJ fan, btw, lol. Dongman is her favorite performance by him because he's so realistic in it, and so representative of young men like him in real life. 

Omg, I didn't mean to write a reply as long as a novel, but your review inspired me! Thank you for your analysis, and for taking the time to share it! I love reading other viewers full analyses of dramas I like. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kongairui said:

I just bought the 50 hearts (with 8 free votes) and its still not enough. :tears: last i checked, the 10th place has almost 400 votes ahead of psj. We need more votes.

We should vote harder my dear, unfurtunately i cant buy bc of restriction and the country that im from it seems impossible but if i could buy it would be great, for now, lets do everything that is needed, at least i hope this AAA invites psj and pmy for their faboulus job in wwwsk, lets support them guys

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kongairui said:

In one interview clip they were asked if they play the push pull game in a relationship..i didn't quite get the context of what they were saying..but both said they don't do the push pull game... Thanks for the enlightenment

Ring?! There's a ring?!