[OFFICIAL] Park Seo Joon ❤️ Park Min Young【ParkPark ♥ BuBi Couple】

minseojoon

36 minutes ago, luffie said:

Who is on the cover of the July MC?

Sulli is the cover. Top Korean Magazines usually get KPop idols or top actors and actresses as covers to get high sales. 

Maybe Korean mags aren't fully convinced yet of PMY's star power. Hopefully she will be covergirl in the near future. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, parkparkloveu said:

Sulli is the cover. Top Korean Magazines usually get KPop idols or top actors and actresses as covers to get high sales. 

Maybe Korean mags aren't fully convinced yet of PMY's star power. Hopefully she will be covergirl in the near future. 

hmmm... why do I have a feeling that she got offers but she's the one turning ir down? lol! 

@zashi23 so I just saw a screenshot for her MC interview (not as much as you mentioned though)

So here's the 2 things I've picked up what that little excerpt:

1) When she was asked about the great chemistry with other costars (as I mentioned yesterday), the more complete version is "to the extent that the audience even hopes for real-life dating, so what's your know-how (to create such great chemistry)?"
-> I'll maintain my stand that she provides a firm answer to the unnecessary delulu fans

2) The last question in the interview is about "소확행" (pretty much the intial abbr. for the phrase "a little small but genuine happiness")

Last year in her interview with Grazia (pts in Paris), she was asked this question too. At the time, she said that she just learned this phrase not so long ago, and her was to have someone who is can be a willing listener for her stories & a true understander of her inner heart. As long as she has someone waiting there listening to her stories during her exhausting moments, that's enough for her to stretch her legs & make further steps forward

This year that question once again concludes the interview, and her answer is "the happiness contained in a glass of wine, the mutual feelings with Leon, and a sound sleep"

-> When I read her interview last year, Joon immediately came to my mind, he's been very expressive that he's more of a listener type. He fully understands that listening to someone's story can't be an absolute solution to their worrisome problems, but it can at least help the person ease their heart & calm their mind :heart:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, zashi23 said:

hmmm... why do I have a feeling that she got offers but she's the one turning ir down? lol! 

I don't think so. Because it would be ridiculous to turn down cover girl offers, since the length of time and efforts exerted for photoshoots are just the same.  The only difference is you are in the cover. 

PMY's attitude is someone who loves challenges so I don't think she will turn down opportunities like that if given the chance. 

What would be her reason, if ever, to turn down being cover girl of prestigious magazines? It would be good for her career and aimed by many stars. Same amount of efforts during photoshoot but you'll be more highlighted would be an honor. 

@parkparkloveu I agree! Hardly anyone would turn down an offer to be a cover model

Just a little bit curiosity if anyone can help clarify or just kindly share your thoughts. From what I know, being a cover model for Chinese celebs is a real deal & everyone thrives for that honors (esp. when there's clearly distinction about the prestige of each magazine, and they do have ranking for that also). From what I see, the idols (no offence plz, coz I've followed Kpop all my life) have a fair chance with the actors/ actresses to be a cover model in Korea, even when the common notion is that actors/ actresses > idols. Does this fact make it any less "prestigious" to be a cover model for the actors/ actresses? Or plz feel free to voice your opinion if you have different viewpoint :P

There's a lot to factor in:

Fame, Influence, Impact of the cover's story, and then there's the sponsorship/endorsement deal.

Edit: also the specific target market of the magazine that they will cover for; Business, Fashion, High Fashion, Lifestyle, etc.

6 minutes ago, mimi8592 said:

From what I know, being a cover model for Chinese celebs is a real deal 

no only in China, but pretty much everywhere even in Hollywood.. it’s an honour for actors to be featured on a cover of prestigious fashion magazines such as Italian/British Vogue, ELLE and Harper’s Bazaar.. ~ not everyone can be on a cover unless u’re an A list star, or supermodels or a really famous celeb~~ 

2 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

no only in China, but pretty much everywhere even in Hollywood.. ~ not everyone can be on a cover unless u’re an A list star, or supermodels or a really famous celeb~~ 

Well understood :P But it's exactly because of this honor that the other factors @kitkatrmjung just mentioned (to me personally) seems to have a nuance of "too much commercialization", which is why I said " any less "prestigious" " :P

there are things to consider.. in my experience.. some celebrities turn it down.. depending on the scope of the cover feature. and yes, the endorsement deals also.

Being on the cover meant you are the center. maybe the photoshoot maybe the same as the other features. but, the feature interview is longer. especially if you are hot now.. people would like to know more about your life. 

I just thought maybe PMY does not like or maybe not ready to be that open just yet. But as ive said.. it depends on the scope.

1 hour ago, parkparkloveu said:

I don't think so. Because it would be ridiculous to turn down cover girl offers, since the length of time and efforts exerted for photoshoots are just the same.  The only difference is you are in the cover. 

PMY's attitude is someone who loves challenges so I don't think she will turn down opportunities like that if given the chance. 

What would be her reason, if ever, to turn down being cover girl of prestigious magazines? It would be good for her career and aimed by many stars. Same amount of efforts during photoshoot but you'll be more highlighted would be an honor. 

She is not someone who really wants to be popular, she just wants to be a best actress, so it doesn't matter to be a magazine cover model or not

• Love 1

I dont think she turn down any good opportunity coming to her. Even if being a cover girl. So far, most cover girls are young idols and actresses in 20s(mostly) so if she was offered ( if I am PMY) God Bless thanks for giving me such opportunity! Usually magazine companies they compile or frame the front pages cover so she would be super proud if that happens. 

If she didnt get such opportunity in Korea (theres so many beautiful and handsome Korean celebrities goshh) , I hope she gets more in China or Taiwan. And I hope she gets more popularity in Japan. I saw a lot Japan magazine cover girls are BP members (for foreign celebrities). 

I think she wasn't exposing herself fully yet (of cos we know her trauma being in public in her 20s). So I'm happy that she grabbed more chances now such as photorial magazine, taking CF offers.. It's never too late to try anything..

1 hour ago, parkparkloveu said:

Hi i a luker here..just to respond to your post cause of I'm have been working in the magazine n new paper before..acctually to be a cover not only based on popular or top or the best..most important is what issues we want to focus on that month.. beside cover if you want to know how exclusive celebrity is to magazine is when celebrity got offer to do exclusive overseas ps because it's effort to a lot of cost and  reach to usd10k  n more..we need to book that celebrity early..and we list some celebrity n give call offer to be CB or CG but of them decline..for newspaper our editors deside as same as magazine..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

56 minutes ago, mimi8592 said:

Well understood :P But it's exactly because of this honor that the other factors @kitkatrmjung just mentioned (to me personally) seems to have a nuance of "too much commercialization", which is why I said " any less "prestigious" " :P

Commercialization and Prestige, unfortunately goes hand in hand in this business. It's just a matter of how the image/packaging/presentation is being executed.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quietobserver said:

I dont think she turn down any good opportunity coming to her. Even if being a cover girl. So far, most cover girls are young idols and actresses in 20s(mostly) so if she was offered ( if I am PMY) God Bless thanks for giving me such opportunity! Usually magazine companies they compile or frame the front pages cover so she would be super proud if that happens. 

If she didnt get such opportunity in Korea (theres so many beautiful and handsome Korean celebrities goshh) , I hope she gets more in China or Taiwan. And I hope she gets more popularity in Japan. I saw a lot Japan magazine cover girls are BP members (for foreign celebrities). 

I think she wasn't exposing herself fully yet (of cos we know her trauma being in public in her 20s). So I'm happy that she grabbed more chances now such as photorial magazine, taking CF offers.. It's never too late to try anything..

I think this year minyoung already been a cover girl for a magazine.. since I have been a long time kdrama kpop lover..she one of my fav..from my memories she already being CG many times and even in group cover..I havea Ceci magazine minyoung as CG..

• Like 1

yes being a covergirl is a great opportunity... im not saying she is turning down an opportunity.. sometimes the presented cover feature does not always match the actors personality. As you might have noticed, she is always featured in magazines.. so this publications love her. thats why I said pretty sure she was offered to be on the cover. 

I would love her to be on the cover someday! I guess she just wants a feature that would represent who and how she is as an actress and a woman... basically who is PMY.

2 hours ago, quietobserver said:

I disagree on the age. KPop Idols are young but this seems to be not the criteria for actors and actresses they get as covers. 

Recent covers in Korea's top magazines from last year to present includes Jennie of Blackpink, Jisoo of Blackpink, Song Joong Ki, Lee Dong Wook, Gong Yoo, Park Bo Gum, Kim Go Eun, Song Hye Kyo, Han Ji Min, Son Ye Jin, Hyun Bin, Jung Hae In, Shin Min Ah and Park Seo Joon.

Note that most actresses are in their 30's.

I'm talking about worldwide top magazine that has Korean edition like:

-Marie Claire 

-Elle

-Harper's Bazaar

-Esquire

-Vogue

-Grazia

-Allure

-Cosmopolitan

-W

In Korea, they usually have magazine photoshoots before or after a drama or a movie. It is not all about CF endorsements, because many of them on covers have nothing to do with a CF, like for example SJK last September was on cover for his birthday month and to officially announce his comeback as during that time he was scheduled to start filming his drama.