Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
clon_105

[Thai Drama 2018] Friend Zone The Series

Let me start with the "moral line by the end" of Episode 5:

THAT IS WRONG...! Only a person who can accept you 100% for the way you are LOVES you truly. Relationships are not a political compromise, or a constantly vote for pasta or curry for diner. IF you are not able to cook both, then that is not a relationship at all. Earth trying to get Sam over exited about planing a trip is really childish: Just plan the trip and let him go alone with it, IF that is what he wants. There is not need to have a fight. My BF is just like Sam... and I do enjoy planing trips all alone; not need to involve him in such trivial matters. IF he does wants to join in the planing - what he does, from time to time - is awesome, but I don't love him any less because that is who he is; and not my puppet or a tailor made boyfriend. Can you believe that we even have different kind of meals for diner some times...?? Yes we do; and I - or him - don't feel up set about it. In a restaurant would be most likely the same for everybody... so why not doing also at home if we feel like having opposite dishes? We just cook them and laughs at ourselves. That is freedom in a relationship. Anything else is a lie.

NOW... is obvious that Sam is on a crisis with Earth. The bad part for me trying to understand WHY is that some details are missing: (1) How long have they been together? I mean: Thai people don't move together from day one; that takes time (unless you are friends or room mates sharing a place). But it seems this issue is not new, and Sam & Earth had already this talk many times before. Since this keeps going on it seems they are not mean to be together: (2) Why would Earth stay by Sam if he feels like living alone all the time? And mostly is because Sam as a doctor has to work the night shift (Oh... that makes me think of "The Night Shift" (NBC Series) love story of Drew and Rick which was pretty harsh at times, but ended in wedding). I mean: If you can not even stand your bf working at night: What is left for any positive and loving grown relationship? I guess nothing!

If someone is unhappy in a relationship the best way out is the door into a free life, and finding the right person for you. Specially if you have been arguing over and over about the same issues. There are different kind of people: some people are very warm and cuddling like 24x7 (that would be Mork from "My Tee" - with an amazing Drake Laedeke playing that role -, for example: give him a chance, I he will be hugging and kissing Tee for the rest of his life - something he does in OUR SKYY). Some other people are cold and distance and insecure (that would be Aathit in "Sotus" from the beginning until the end). There is no point wanting a person to change... even less... wanting a person "to adapt him/herself" into a boy/girlfriend - What a terrible thing to wish...!! Rather you like and love a person the way he/she is 100%, or just leave and spare yourself (and that person) to be unhappy permanently. Course... they are people who like to compromise (wish for me personally has nothing to do with TRUE LOVE) and that is fine. I guess is a choice some people make. And there are also people who can change - like P'Bright was changing to be with Farm in "The Next Chapter", or even P'Tum (from Sotus) was changing because of his girlfriend (he tells that Aathit on his wedding celebration) because is a CHOICE: for love you are able to change yourself naturally, and not force by somebody, or anything but your very own awareness.

But going back to Friend Zone: In a middle of a relationship crises - and it was one; because nobody leaves home in the middle of a conversation for a bar (something I started to repel from all Thai series... the levels of alcohol been shown, and how waisted everybody gets) - Sam leaves to meet with Scud...?? (3) Why does Sam meets with Scud...? He doesn't have any close grown up friends to talk to? Wow...! That is hard to believe, but let's assume he doesn't have anyone to talk to (which would make him extremely lonely, besides Earth). Talking is one thing... getting into a hotel room is another, as is obvious Scud wants him... and shows also that Sam did enjoyed the light of freedom the kiss from EP 4 made him feel too. No gay man is that innocent to believe you can share a bedroom with a guy you kissed and nothing else is about to happen, specially after those heavy drinks.

The worst part for me is Scud forcing himself into his best friends Earth's boyfriend Sam. Boyfriends come and go: but a real best friend should be a person for a life time. That kind of betrayal amount best friends is something I can NOT forgive in a life time; specially something that big. Cheating has turn the new major issue in Thai gay themed Series. We are having the most difficult one in "The Next Chapter" between Korn & Knock. We had it before (unfortunately incomplete) in "My Bromance The Series". But we had it mostly about choosing a guy over a girlfriend. The main difference to Friend Zone is that we don't know many important details of the Sam & Earth relationship yet. How they meet? How long together? Since when living together? Do they have their families support or not? All these seems superficial, but it should gives us the ground for their mutual love... or is just convenience?

There is no point about taking sides in this story for Sam or Earth: they are both responsible for their relationship. Talking - like some do here - about Earth taking revenge is so childish...!! There is no point about taking revenge; then for that the only one who will be hurt - again- will be Earth himself; doing something he does not want to. The best thing to do now is to leak the truth about what has happen between Sam & Scud, all of it; and decide what is to be done. Knock is finding his way back to Korn because he can tell how much Korn loves him, despite the cheating with his boss P'Pete. Can Earth think and feel the same about Sam here in Friend Zone? Probably not. And better yet: Does Sam truly love Earth... or has he realize now being with Scud that their relationship is a mistake?

Cheers...!!

PS: time to watch EP 6 soon... no time for it at the moment.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

THAT IS WRONG...! Only a person who can accept you 100% for the way you are LOVES you truly. Relationships are not a political compromise, or a constantly vote for pasta or curry for diner. IF you are not able to cook both, then that is not a relationship at all. Earth trying to get Sam over exited about planing a trip is really childish: Just plan the trip and let him go alone with it, IF that is what he wants. There is not need to have a fight. My BF is just like Sam... and I do enjoy planing trips all alone; not need to involve him in such trivial matters. IF he does wants to join in the planing - what he does, from time to time - is awesome, but I don't love him any less because that is who he is; and not my puppet or a tailor made boyfriend. Can you believe that we even have different kind of meals for diner some times...?? Yes we do; and I - or him - don't feel up set about it. In a restaurant would be most likely the same for everybody... so why not doing also at home if we feel like having opposite dishes? We just cook them and laughs at ourselves. That is freedom in a relationship. Anything else is a lie.

NOW... is obvious that Sam is on a crisis with Earth. The bad part for me trying to understand WHY is that some details are missing: (1) How long have they been together? I mean: Thai people don't move together from day one; that takes time (unless you are friends or room mates sharing a place). But it seems this issue is not new, and Sam & Earth had already this talk many times before. Since this keeps going on it seems they are not mean to be together: (2) Why would Earth stay by Sam if he feels like living alone all the time? And mostly is because Sam as a doctor has to work the night shift (Oh... that makes me think of "The Night Shift" (NBC Series) love story of Drew and Rick which was pretty harsh at times, but ended in wedding). I mean: If you can not even stand your bf working at night: What is left for any positive and loving grown relationship? I guess nothing!

If someone is unhappy in a relationship the best way out is the door into a free life, and finding the right person for you. Specially if you have been arguing over and over about the same issues. There are different kind of people: some people are very warm and cuddling like 24x7 (that would be Mork from "My Tee" - with an amazing Drake Laedeke playing that role -, for example: give him a chance, I he will be hugging and kissing Tee for the rest of his life - something he does in OUR SKYY). Some other people are cold and distance and insecure (that would be Aathit in "Sotus" from the beginning until the end). There is no point wanting a person to change... even less... wanting a person "to adapt him/herself" into a boy/girlfriend - What a terrible thing to wish...!! Rather you like and love a person the way he/she is 100%, or just leave and spare yourself (and that person) to be unhappy permanently. Course... they are people who like to compromise (wish for me personally has nothing to do with TRUE LOVE) and that is fine. I guess is a choice some people make. And there are also people who can change - like P'Bright was changing to be with Farm in "The Next Chapter", or even P'Tum (from Sotus) was changing because of his girlfriend (he tells that Aathit on his wedding celebration) because is a CHOICE: for love you are able to change yourself naturally, and not force by somebody, or anything but your very own awareness.

But going back to Friend Zone: In a middle of a relationship crises - and it was one; because nobody leaves home in the middle of a conversation for a bar (something I started to repel from all Thai series... the levels of alcohol been shown, and how waisted everybody gets) - Sam leaves to meet with Scud...?? (3) Why does Sam meets with Scud...? He doesn't have any close grown up friends to talk to? Wow...! That is hard to believe, but let's assume he doesn't have anyone to talk to (which would make him extremely lonely, besides Earth). Talking is one thing... getting into a hotel room is another, as is obvious Scud wants him... and shows also that Sam did enjoyed the light of freedom the kiss from EP 4 made him feel too. No gay man is that innocent to believe you can share a bedroom with a guy you kissed and nothing else is about to happen, specially after those heavy drinks.

The worst part for me is Scud forcing himself into his best friends Earth's boyfriend Sam. Boyfriends come and go: but a real best friend should be a person for a life time. That kind of betrayal amount best friends is something I can NOT forgive in a life time; specially something that big. Cheating has turn the new major issue in Thai gay themed Series. We are having the most difficult one in "The Next Chapter" between Korn & Knock. We had it before (unfortunately incomplete) in "My Bromance The Series". But we had it mostly about choosing a guy over a girlfriend. The main difference to Friend Zone is that we don't know many important details of the Sam & Earth relationship yet. How they meet? How long together? Since when living together? Do they have their families support or not? All these seems superficial, but it should gives us the ground for their mutual love... or is just convenience?

There is no point about taking sides in this story for Sam or Earth: they are both responsible for their relationship. Talking - like some do here - about Earth taking revenge is so childish...!! There is no point about taking revenge; then for that the only one who will be hurt - again- will be Earth himself; doing something he does not want to. The best thing to do now is to leak the truth about what has happen between Sam & Scud, all of it; and decide what is to be done. Knock is finding his way back to Korn because he can tell how much Korn loves him, despite the cheating with his boss P'Pete. Can Earth think and feel the same about Sam here in Friend Zone? Probably not. And better yet: Does Sam truly love Earth... or has he realize now being with Scud that their relationship is a mistake?

Cheers...!!

Still in great shape Mel_Rios! Almost sleeping after reading, so i must re-read it for assimilate all thoughts! Have not yet watch only one ep for now, and after some YT little vids, i think i will not be an aficionado!  Maybe i will change my mind because of your comment!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, gogole mongol said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Cheers...!!

Still in great shape Mel_Rios! Almost sleeping after reading, so i must re-read it for assimilate all thoughts! Have not yet watch only one ep for now, and after some YT little vids, i think i will not be an aficionado!  Maybe i will change my mind because of your comment!

I started watching it because of Nat... and if I am honest... I just watch the gay storylines... all the rest is simply to annoying to me.

Also because this is the first "grown up" gay Series from GMMTV and that intrigued me a lot.

Cheers...!!

• Like 1