[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

from chae soo bin instagram 

rough translation 

The shooting of the fox each city is over! It feels like 4 months passed quickly. I do not feel it yet. I do not know what to do because I am going back to me instead of tomorrow from now. It is true that the summer, with chronic inferiority in the relationship anxiety syndrome, which suffers from damage consciousness, lack of self-consciousness, self-pity and fussiness for the world, and miserable excuses, I got comfort. I will keep my heart deeply in mind without forgetting the moments of warmth that I felt while acting. 

Our bishops, writers, actors, and step-men who struggled together from hot summer 
to snowy day worked very hard together.
And most of all, I was able to gain great strength thanks 
to the fans who comforted and supported me while watching our drama. 
Thank you so much! "You can lose your way from now on. 
If you know the direction, you can come back anytime.

Hello everybody! Thanks for the summer ah :)

yoreum in korea is summer :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent watch it yet but i read drama milk recaps. I think Team leader yang is married to team leader Choi. Hence why she slapped him. Hence why he asked what is SY to her previously. And when she said he reminded or her brother. He already know about him.  And when he said to IW that she is not just another woman. She is SK. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwqvdoOmvIIA5g5n7criwtenor.gif?itemid=8120536hqdefault.jpg

There is always something you wish could have been different.  Seeing a handsome face one more time or being able to see LJH's reaction up close and personal when holding YR within his arms once more.  When it's good you're always left wishing there could have been more...

Yet I am reminded that there were bursts of such beauty within this story.   Like shooting stars some tender moments and some really amazing humanistic short stories and reminders to all of us about the real struggles some around us face everyday...

Sometimes we see the imperfections so easily when it comes to endings and I am one of those.  Yet I doubt I will ever forget YR's soft and endearing plea with tears building up inside her asking him...

"Can't You...  Just stay by my side?  I'll... Become your arm... and your leg... "

Let me just say it doesn't get much better than those words for that's not her mouth moving that's her heart desperately speaking to his...  It's that moment of pure fear when pleading turns into begging and one would do anything, give anything and say anything just to hold on no matter what the cost...

Later when YR offered herself first in wanting to stay with him through the night. Gee I really loved the writing here and the way in which she slowly and tenderly shows him that he isn't the only one in love.  Or the only one who has dreams and desires within them.  That she too wants and needs him and is willing to do what ever it takes to save him. 

Not for his sake but for hers...

The flashbacks/dream leading up to in my opinion one of the most touching bed scenes I have ever seen.  When YR cupped his face and you knew what she was thinking and when he gently stopped her hand you knew what he was thinking too.  The deal was sealed with a kiss...

Maybe there will be a part two starting out with the same embrace except this time we will see his face, his smile and those dimples too. 

Now that would be a dream come true...

:heart:

Loved being here with all of you...

5 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

There is always something you wish could have been different.  Seeing a handsome face one more time or being able to see LJH's reaction up close and personal when holding YR within his arms once more.  When it's good you're always left wishing there could have been more...

Yet I am reminded that there were bursts of such beauty within this story.   Like shooting stars some tender moments and some really amazing humanistic short stories and reminders to all of us about the real struggles some around us face everyday...

Sometimes we see the imperfections so easily when it comes to endings and I am one of those.  Yet I doubt I will ever forget YR's soft and endearing plea with tears building up inside her asking him...

"Can't You...  Just stay by my side?  I'll... Become your arm... and your leg... "

Let me just say it doesn't get much better than those words for that's not her mouth moving that's her heart desperately speaking to his...  It's that moment of pure fear when pleading turns into begging and one would do anything, give anything and say anything just to hold on no matter what the cost...

Later when YR offered herself first in wanting to stay with him through the night. Gee I really loved the writing here and the way in which she slowly and tenderly shows him that he isn't the only one in love.  Or the only one who has dreams and desires within them.  That she too wants and needs him and is willing to do what ever it takes to save him. 

Not for his sake but for hers...

The flashbacks/dream leading up to in my opinion one of the most touching bed scenes I have ever seen.  When YR cupped his face and you knew what she was thinking and when he gently stopped her hand you knew what he was thinking too.  The deal was sealed with a kiss...

Maybe there will be a part two starting out with the same embrace except this time we will see his face, his smile and those dimples too. 

Now that would be a dream come true...

:heart:

Loved being here with all of you...

Your words are so beautiful @USAFarmgirl Always a fan of your posts...

Especially for this one above.. I really wholeheartedly agree with everything you said...

I can't help tearing up again....

I must say... 

The drama may not be what we called perfect...

But their love story is perfectly touched my heart deeply...

I hope to see you again in other thread... :wub:

What kind of ending was that... you're not even going to let me see his face?? WTF! sigh... i do wish it was still 40 episodes... i think we would have had a better drama.... i feel like it was LEE JE HOON but still wanted to make it a mystery... whatever.... 

I originally started watching this drama because i love Lee Je Hoon but i have to say, chae soo bin really stood out to me especially in the last couple episodes, her character was quite annoying at the beginning but she really came through at the end. She has continued to show growth and understanding through the last episodes.

SY i understand you dont get me wrong, the way you were acting was very consistent with your last statements of just wanting to be a good memory to her. sigh... i really feel like this was a rushed ending. 

I wished OTP had more time to be together.... 

There are other things i wished the drama dived into... like Choi and Yang, so they are married but something happened between them... how was SIW involved? Also, ODK and NYJ were really cute at the end, but still not a couple. so many things i want answered.... sighhhh............

to the next drama... what would it be?? 

Just dropped by to see if anyone knew why the male member of the OTP was missing at the end.

No rumors here.

I enjoyed the drama.  

Did not realized it was cut short. 

No true resolution with the brother.

No true resolution with the brother's father.

No on-screen consequence for the top guy dealing with gangster.

The security couple had a nice arc (I'm overlooking the female security guard's dog in the manger attitude.)

Sorry it was cut short. I'd be curious to know what the full drama was intended to be.

32 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Just dropped by to see if anyone knew why the male member of the OTP was missing at the end.

No rumors here.

I enjoyed the drama.  

Lee jehoon was there though, he was filming the last scene, that's why it's weirder they didn't show his face

Someone also caught the last scene was really lee jehoon

*duplicate twitter post*

16 minutes ago, 11moonstone said:

Lee jehoon was there though, he was filming the last scene, that's why it's weirder they didn't show his face

Someone also caught the last scene was really lee jehoon

*duplicate twitter post*

Hmmm it’s still a mystery why they didn’t show his face. Maybe they wanted to show his face but the duration was up so they need to cut it :joy: or maybe Lee Je Hoon got huge pimple on his face that day :joy: 

But glad to know that it was Lee Soo Yeon and it was Lee Je Hoon who stood there. :lol:

22 minutes ago, 11moonstone said:

- They couldn't pay him enough to show his face?

- It is LJH's way of protesting the rushed ending?

<_< Sorry, I'm still very sour with the way they wrapped up this otherwise great drama. I don't know who is responsible, but I am going to guess it is SBS decision to cut short the episodes...

[Fox Bride Star] FINALE Ep 16 spoilers, Lee Je Hoon x Chae Soo Bin

fox.png

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Je Hoon x Chae Soo Bin, a heartwarming reunion ending...  

1. [+197,-2]
Lee Je Hoon's acting is really good. I was happy spending my Mondays and Tuesdays with Fox Bride Star :) 

2. [+99,-4]
A fairytale-like pretty drama with a fairytale-like pretty Gakbyeol couple.♡  I could feel Lee Je Hoon's power as an actor. His acting is insane. But what's with the ending? Not showing the male lead's face in the end is the first in history. 

3. [+91,-5]
I'm looking forward to see Lee Soo Yeon, Han Yeo Reum, Oh Dae Gi and Na Young Joo getting an acting daesang. 

4. [+78,-9]
Not like he died while filming. It's my first time seeing a body double for the lead in the end. Are they from the National Police Agency? 
- [+11,-8]
It's not a body double. That's Lee Je Hoon.

5. [+60,-2]
Lee Je Hoon has worked hard. ㅠㅠㅠ Love you, Lee Soo Yeon!!! His acting skills are the best. 

6. [+31,-1]
But... why does it feel like that guy at the end isn't Lee Je Hoon? It's kind of obvious that they used a body double...... And they didn't even show his face. 

7. [+24,-2]
I've enjoyed this drama. Employee Lee Soo Yeon hard carried it!

8. [+22,-0]
I wonder why did they use a body double at the end. I'm so curious to know the reason. Why does the ending feel rushed? And why are the PPLs [t/n: Product Placements] placed at random parts? (I know that it was needed, but it was severe.) 

9. [+20,-0]
It's still my first time seeing a drama filming only the male lead's back. What happened to the team leader and Choi Moo Ja within that 1 year? There are so many things unsolved, but they added so many unnecessary gangster scenes. 

10. [+17,-0]
They didn't show his face at the end. Disappointed. 

bride.png

1. [+1197,-23]
Did they not pay Lee Je Hoon to appear in the drama? Why didn't they show his face at the end?

2. [+709,-21]
Looking at the picture showing the side of his face, it's actor Lee Je Hoon~~ That wasn't a body double, why didn't they show his face?? There are many stories unsolved. What a 
shame to end this way.

3. [+278,-23]
It was a calming and healing Monday-Tuesday drama~ I may get over this drama like the others, but I think I'll remember it as a drama that went downhill in the second half...

4. [+215,-18]
Actor Lee Je Hoon has worked hard. Thank you for your good acting, and I'll keep supporting you in the future too.

5. [+98,-1]
It was doing well, but why didn't they show his face at the end???

6. [+83,-7]
They are only showing his back? Is it real that they used a body double? And they didn't solve the problems that they had created? What's with the President? What is Lee Soo Yeon's hyung doing after that? The female team leader's husband cheated on her, what happened after that? The ending is so bad...

p/s: even knets get mad about the ending :unsure:
cr

I thought it was obvious or implied it was. Plus her voiceover. 

However from a writing sort of viewpoint it was damn weird. Reminds me of another drama- think it was  one  of the 50 ep ones- where the ending had the female lead looking into the shoe shop. Can't  recall where  the heck the male lead went. But that was the happy ending. Either he saw her or she saw him.

The take home lessson? Koreans apparently don't  do long distance relationships. It doesn't  matter that it is the most wired nation once it is separation  time Kakao talk or chat doesn't  work. And they don't  go online  or  have a mobile number or phone.

And you all have to wait 3 months to 5 years before  you can safely  say the relatironship is OVER!

Either way I enjoyed  the security  couple.  I have rewatched their scenes at least 5 times no subs. That girl was talking in banmal. And ODG was thrilled that NYJ staked her claim  on him. Even  though she was comfortable being alone A YEAR AGO. That guy is ecstatic and you could literally feel him smirking. And she was going  " omg I didn't  just do that."

That's  how good their acting was.  Anyone thought differently? That those  2 won't  end up together? And ODG won't  let NYJ wriggle  out now that she has openly purposely put a 

" claimed by a girl he likes " sign on him?

Going to watch their scenes again. Since I have only 2 other on air  dramas now. And they both don't  interest  me. Even his " so she is giving  out vibes she is with me " or " we have a couple vibe going?" Even his confession  last week was cute. 

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

However from a writing sort of viewpoint it was damn weird. Reminds me of another drama- think it was  one  of the 50 ep ones- where the ending had the female lead looking into the shoe shop. Can't  recall where  the heck the male lead went. But that was the happy ending. Either he saw her or she saw him.

A similar ending is a female lead looking into a bookstore, somewhere in there was the male lead, also either they saw each other, or they didn't. The male lead happens to be here in FoxBride too.

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

The take home lessson? Koreans apparently don't  do long distance relationships. It doesn't  matter that it is the most wired nation once it is separation  time Kakao talk or chat doesn't  work. And they don't  go online  or  have a mobile number or phone.

That is why I wrote just some time ago in another thread, that Korean writers should really think thrice about writing in time-jump into their story... That ancient old trope that worked during snail mail era doesn't work well anymore in today's hi-tech era. I am glad GES sounded it out loud.

I thoroughly enjoyed the security couple too. LOL at her frozen stance when he called out her name to wait for him.

I would want to make a video of all their scenes, except that the last time I tried that for a favorite weekend drama couple many years ago, I met the issues of copyright, and all my videos were deleted from youtube. Somehow they were able to detect copyrighted content. So unless I learn a way around it, I will not even attempt to do it anymore since it took rookie me a long time to put a video together. Yes, I self-taught myself, crash course style, to do it for that favorite couple.

Perhaps I missed a scene or conversation in the drama, but until the end I didn't know what the relationship between Yang and LSY? How come she was kind to him and understood him whereas other people, even her husband, didn't know anything about LSY in the first place?

2 hours ago, peyutnduy said:

Perhaps I missed a scene or conversation in the drama, but until the end I didn't know what the relationship between Yang and LSY? How come she was kind to him and understood him whereas other people, even her husband, didn't know anything about LSY in the first place?

They're not blood related. Yang is just reminded of her sister's disability similar to LSY. Her sister also wants to be normal despite her disability. Yang didn't had the chance to protect her so she's trying to protect LSY this time. Though, nothing tells us how they met actually. There are just some things left untold.

Anyway, after watching it with subs now, I'm not that discontented anymore like last night. It's still a happy ending. Grateful for that. Thanks everyone! We had a great discussion! :)

clearer evidence

I will miss you all and this thread, it's so sad to see there will be no update anymore in the future :tears: no refreshing page to see an update :tears:

Thank you for your opinion, recap, update, and everything, thank you for accompanying this journey, this is my first active thread after my lastest one was the innocent man, also thanks to CSB who brought me back to kdrama ^_^ I hope the casts or maybe the drama get awards later in the year end!

Archived