Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

I am very bummed that we have only one episode this week. Mostly because this kind of interruption usually affects the flow of the story, in particular the cliffhangers. Darn you SBS! 

Now, to the episode. I love the implied parallel between SY and YR. Both of them have fear of people's gaze and judgment, but they cope with it in such a different way (probably due to differences in their experience). SY copes with his disability by regressing into his shell and putting people at arms length. YR, on the other hand, choose the opposite way, by putting on a brave front and being kind of in the face with other people. But both of them have tons of fear and insecurity stemmed from people around them that they havent gotten over with. And I expect their romance will slowly help heal the wound in their hearts by meeting someone who likes them for who they are. I love how YR makes SY becomes more open, while SY makes YR more grounded. That, my friends, is how you make a good romance. 

This recent development about YR's family makes me super curious. It's surprising to know that she has been abandoned by her parents given how loving her relationship with both her father and mother appears. I wonder whether she's adopted which then explains the abandonment issue? But that does not explain why her family was subjected to unwanted scrutiny by people around them. I mean, having an adopted daughter (if she's adopted), does not seem a huge reason to warrant curious gaze. Hmm...curious-er and curious-er...I am excited to see where this writer will bring us with not only SY's journey, but also YR's. 

I do wonder though whether their attraction is partly explained by their instinctive connection regarding their fear. Given her experience, it's no surprise that YR has enough sensitivity not to probe about SY hands and very respectful of his boundaries. And gosh, can I just repeat how much I love how she appreciates SY for his awesomeness in normal things, like being a good cook?! The more I watch this drama, the more I find not only SY, but also YR, to be more and more lovable. I just love both of them, flaw and all. They both so squish-able!!   

Let me cap this long post by saying that this drama makes me appreciate the two lead actors even more (I have a soft spot for both of them before this drama, but I have now become a huge fan of them both). I love the way they emote with their eyes. This drama can be quite subtle in the characters' interaction where a lot of things are not said and need to be read between the lines (or rather between the gazes, haha). So I am glad that both leads have such expressive eyes. In the hand of lesser actors, I dont think these two characters can be this appealing and have this kind of sparks. So kudos to both actors. Can't wait for next week! I better get my 2 episodes!    

• Like 11

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYxRIIIC7QeSyAAn--6xi722f5248020e4461923692c12bfc65dc.png?x=b80

Just when you think you know what's going on WHAM and you realize you had no idea the way in which these two are connected.  I love that her Dad saved him and he saved her and continues to want too!

I think it's not just the connections, fate or destiny its their fears, pain, loneliness in wanting to be accepted and most of all their silence.  In not being able to let go and let themselves be free.  I actually think when he spoke and said he liked her and that it was one sided.  Once again he wanted to protect her in the only way he knew how...  What a beautiful view of loving someone so much you're willing to step outside of your comfort zone to cover her not with his arm this time but with his heart and love as his shield...

@bajing & @USAFarmgirl

It getting better with every weeks, just when you think you start  to understand  a new information  come and tell " don't be so sure" 

I love the way they so different  but the they so similar in the same time, it was like  this from the start but with every  new episode we find out it more true from a new different view. 

The ways they both lived with their wounds  are amazing so different but come from dealing from the same pain, how fate make yr  be hurt  from her family issues but bring  her father who she loved so much and lose him in her life , the fate just take it from her and give him to  sy who was so needed  to him, years pass  and we saw sy coming to give her the only thing she ever want and the thing  he learned  from her father but in the same time we found that she also give the only thing he also ever wanted 

Just love and care, no judgement, no fear, just someone  who will love you matter what he saw in you, cause he love the real you  not the fake one that everyone  see , a stranger who understand you, just understand you like a soul mate

Did you believe  me if i say that most painful  moment  was that few seconds when Sy  frozen after hearing yr  say " people glance can be hurtful " , it was like the world stopped  for him since he knows what deep pain may hidden under this few words, when he asked in concerned " how do you know this " 

It was moments where things are clear to sy before us , this two I love so much, it not easy to say I understand  them , their wounds  keep shown more every week, I guess the first half of the drama will be about sy  accepting  and helping  yr  out from her hidden mask, teaching her to care about herself  not people and to have faith that she worthy  all the love and care without any rules or social  levels. And the other part will be about  yr  find about sy  and start to help and protect  him , teaching  him to love and accept himself and stop living avoiding connection with people .to make him have more than simple daily  dream moments and avoiding future  dream and thought 

Side  note: yeh I hate Sbs,  the drama from the start have this part about ending one episode is about emotional of the leads and other one about solveing that emotional problems and getting more emotional story about the airport customers, it the way of the pd  and writer  to build  the drama and every drama is affected by the change of the order not just this one, I hate if they going to keep the odd order  till the end the should just make it back to the original in someway soon 

and i found this

source

it not the best translate but it what i get for now, when i find a more good one i will share it , and i hope someone can find it even sooner then me i love this song more after understand what the lyrice about

[Joonil Jung – Gravity of Love (Where Stars Land OST Part 3) English Translate]

What kept me up
It was always you
What made me laugh
You were every day.
Hiding everywhere
Too many reasons for me
I will take you to me.
You're running.

People are smiling
For what reason?
There is no fun one
That's the story.
Let me know that.
I laugh like everyone else.
Happy happy
You who made me feel

Walking and talking
Every moment is all you
Waiting time
Every moment you expect
Everyone felt that way.

Listen and tell you
So quickly one day
A happy moment

Even on a day without you
All you have is you.
Even if you try to forget you
It is only you.
Unusual
At the end of a hard day's dream
I have you
My heart is you
I will not let go.

Walking and talking
Every moment is all you
Waiting time
Every moment you expect
Everyone felt that way.

Running around watching the clock
I am going to see you now
Let the tears fall
A happy moment

I'm expecting you.
You make me
Leave everything to me.
I'm going to you.
I am on board
Every day I look like you

Walking and talking
All the times are for me
The moment I did not seem to come

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks SBS, before this in Still 17. They never care about viewers, sports will give them more money than us. Anyway, i got my link for live streaming. Thanks chingu. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, bajing said:

I am very bummed that we have only one episode this week. Mostly because this kind of interruption usually affects the flow of the story, in particular the cliffhangers. Darn you SBS! 

Now, to the episode. I love the implied parallel between SY and YR. Both of them have fear of people's gaze and judgment, but they cope with it in such a different way (probably due to differences in their experience). SY copes with his disability by regressing into his shell and putting people at arms length. YR, on the other hand, choose the opposite way, by putting on a brave front and being kind of in the face with other people. But both of them have tons of fear and insecurity stemmed from people around them that they havent gotten over with. And I expect their romance will slowly help heal the wound in their hearts by meeting someone who likes them for who they are. I love how YR makes SY becomes more open, while SY makes YR more grounded. That, my friends, is how you make a good romance. 

This recent development about YR's family makes me super curious. It's surprising to know that she has been abandoned by her parents given how loving her relationship with both her father and mother appears. I wonder whether she's adopted which then explains the abandonment issue? But that does not explain why her family was subjected to unwanted scrutiny by people around them. I mean, having an adopted daughter (if she's adopted), does not seem a huge reason to warrant curious gaze. Hmm...curious-er and curious-er...I am excited to see where this writer will bring us with not only SY's journey, but also YR's. 

I do wonder though whether their attraction is partly explained by their instinctive connection regarding their fear. Given her experience, it's no surprise that YR has enough sensitivity not to probe about SY hands and very respectful of his boundaries. And gosh, can I just repeat how much I love how she appreciates SY for his awesomeness in normal things, like being a good cook?! The more I watch this drama, the more I find not only SY, but also YR, to be more and more lovable. I just love both of them, flaw and all. They both so squish-able!!   

Let me cap this long post by saying that this drama makes me appreciate the two lead actors even more (I have a soft spot for both of them before this drama, but I have now become a huge fan of them both). I love the way they emote with their eyes. This drama can be quite subtle in the characters' interaction where a lot of things are not said and need to be read between the lines (or rather between the gazes, haha). So I am glad that both leads have such expressive eyes. In the hand of lesser actors, I dont think these two characters can be this appealing and have this kind of sparks. So kudos to both actors. Can't wait for next week! I better get my 2 episodes!    

I believe that she has been adopted therefore her actual parents are not her biological parents. Since she has been affected by gossips and gazes, I have the impression that she was adopted later, meaning that she was not a baby and was well aware of her adoption. This would explain why her mother is volunteering in Africa. Her mother seems to be someone who would do good deeds. So then it implies that she must have experienced  being stigmatized as an orphan hence she could mention that gazes could hurt a lot. I can now understand why she is always hiding behind her smile and is so eager to please everyone... her low self-esteem comes from her experience as an orphan. Even after an adoption, it is impossible to erase such terrible experiences. 

After watching the latest episode, I must confess that I am disliking SIW more and more. His conversation proved one more time that he is such a self-centered coward. He claimed that 

- LSY was a jinx to him, while actually I would rather say that SIW is a jinx to LSY

- He described himself as a victim of the accident. Not only LSY was hurt, he was hurt too... How can he complain about his pain? It is nothing compared to what LSY went through.

Then he has the impudence to claim that his decision about the space was fair... No, he made a decision based on his emotions. He got deep down upset that LSY's points were all correct. 

• Like 13

I have to say something did i was the only one who melted with SY asking about the breakfast and if she had a good sleep with that face and look at his eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart: wow how can he make that face and voice while asking normal question that didn't make only YO blushing seeing it :flushed:
this man or this actor i just can't survive watching him , it danger

36 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe that she has been adopted therefore her actual parents are not her biological parents. Since she has been affected by gossips and gazes, I have the impression that she was adopted later, meaning that she was not a baby and was well aware of her adoption. This would explain why her mother is volunteering in Africa. Her mother seems to be someone who would do good deeds. So then it implies that she must have experienced  being stigmatized as an orphan hence she could mention that gazes could hurt a lot. I can now understand why she is always hiding behind her smile and is so eager to please everyone... her low self-esteem comes from her experience as an orphan. Even after an adoption, it is impossible to erase such terrible experiences

that maybe true and maybe she isn't adopet but her father has to leave them for some big reason , her mother most of the time outside the county , maybe she spend time not living with her family for this reasons or other, maybe her mother has new family too 

i want to know that from the start it not fitting the father we saw in her flashback and the man who saved SY don't fit a man who leave his family and look like he was in connect with her or watching over her since he has her picture from high school 

it don't  fit that this kind of father or mother will leave their child but sometime adult do that without known how child feel for every little acting, but since it don't fit with me till now, and her mother and even father is the kind of people who help and get  care even for strangers ,  i will go with the choice you said she was adopted maybe in the same age we saw the first flash back of her father, and not just adopted she did suffer some harsh past of her biological family  that made people look at her and talk 

36 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

After watching the latest episode, I must confess that I am disliking SIW more and more. His conversation proved one more time that he is such a self-centered coward. He claimed that 

- LSY was a jinx to him, while actually I would rather say that SIW is a jinx to LSY

- He described himself as a victim of the accident. Not only LSY was hurt, he was hurt too... How can he complain about his pain, it is nothing what LSY went through.

Then he has the impudence to claim that his decision about the space was fair... No, he made a decision based on his emotions. He got deep down upset that LSY's points were all correct.

he not doing a good job here to make us understand and forgive him , it was just last week when i let all my hate a side and give him a long post of "maybe " and look him as another victim but he not making it easy for me or everyone here

but we did find a new informationg dear, i think it wasn't a lie when he said sy wasn't the only who get hurt in that accident , so maybe while trying to get them away from his brother by running away he did get hurt bady too ( not like sy ) but maybe he also spend some time to recover from it too , and he find what happen to his brother late and start his shifting between guilty and victim  mind and get where he is now ( see it my good heart again , i will kill him if he don't give me a little of all the nice things i am trying to see on him) 

but even so don't misunderstand me i am not saying his swimming in victim mind is right or not hatefull, he still get my hate and angry from what he say and do each ep ,  he still running from facing the guilt part that making him do low things , he now  trying so hard to get sy away from him by saying to himself so many low reasons but in fact he fear to get  close to him again , he did love him at some point and he fear by him being close he will back to feel him as little brother and that will open the hell door of his past', guilt and wounds  that he trying hard to avoid it 

so you right he  didn't make the decision in fair way, he just trying to stop SY getting close to him , SK did that to make SIW stop attacking  on SY in indirect  ways while  avoiding him in direct way , but he refuse that since that what he fear the most 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 12

I would like to add that Yang, YR and LSY have all something in common: the lack of a family and loss.

1. Yes, HYR still has a mother but since I've heard that she was adopted, I think that her adoption never erased the fact that she had been abandoned by her biological parents.
  2. Then Yang remains at the office and avoids going "home" as she has no one waiting for her. Yes, she is still married on the paper but now it is clear that she lives on her own. I had this thought that her marriage issues could be linked to "infertility". I don't know why, suddenly I was reminded of the drama "A poem a day" where one physiotherapist filed for a divorce, after discovering that she could have no children. Since Yang is focusing on her work, I can conclude that this serves her as a way to lessen her pain. The other point is that she takes great care of LSY... she acts as if she was his "mother" and "confidant". So if my theory is correct, then deep down she treats LSY as her surrogate child. I came to this idea because of the scene, where Heo Young Ran was rubbing salt into her wounds, when she was speaking in front of Yang with her husband and her son over the phone. It was as if she was saying: "Look, you have no family.... whereas I have a husband and son". Although Yang speaks a lot with SIW, I really hope that she doesn't end up with him. If anything, I am rooting more for Choi who is definitely a decent man. Moreover, the way he will treat LSY in the future is determinant with his relationship with Yang.  
  3. Not only LSY lost a "brother" 12 years ago, he lost his self-confidence. As a disabled person, he feels like "trash" hence he kept people at a certain distance. I also sense that he even pushed away his own family. Notice that only Yang and the bar owner are his confidants.  
  • Like 14

Just popping in quickly to say.. oh my.. how much do I love SY speaking so tenderly to YR.. and how tenderly he looks at her..I don’t understand Korean, but just listening to his tone of voice is enough to make me melt like a puddle of ice cream.. it’s almost like he was caressing her with his voice.. :wub: gonna watch this ep again tonight!

• Like 13

Huh? One doesn't need to be adopted to feel abandoned. Biological parents just have to have other priorities. This is a Kdrama so there will probably be an adopted child somewhere in the series. After all we already have step-brothers. 

I am not happy about having only 1 episode this week. The almost kiss could have happened yesterday. Of course it will be the cliffhanger in ep 16. Thats why it will suck on Tue when we have another awkward ending.

It is actually progressing quite fast to have a confession by ep 12 or ep 6 in the old system. I have high hopes then they will date by ep 9.

I enjoyed ep 7 a lot. It had the thrill of an impending romance, the heightened need for secrecy, the uncertainty before a romance starts. Before both parties are on the same page.

LSY is such a dignified character. I have no idea if it is LJH or whether LSY is that well written. He is so quietly confident in his feelings. He realized it and didn't deny it. Then he acted on it but wasn't pushy about it. The way LJH expresses caring makes me swoon. Ok, LJH's voice saying it makes me swoon. I like HYR now because HE likes her. Not because I think she is nice. And when he protects her reputation he is firm but not out of control like some overly aggressive male drama leads in the same situation. Honestly man he made my heart flutter so many times this episode.

Why don't I like HYR? Well gee she didn't start work on time today. And before doing anything went to the store room. Then had a ice cream with an airport visitor. Plus had a lunch break. And a confrontation plus a crying jag in the store room. She has so many freaking breaks.

I have 3 colleagues at work like her. A 5 minute task can't even be completed in 30 min or 1 hour. Or even done at all. Because all they do is TALK AND TALK AND TALK. I absolutely detest people who come to work and work accidentally. But the actual working hours is all about their NEEDS. HYR is not that bad but geez every time she obsesses about her wants and needs I just have absolute revulsion. It's gotten to the point at work I ask those colleague in the middle of their conversation with yet another person; point blank to do something or have they done it. They would have been talking like 5 min about nonsense or personal stuff while I am standing waiting. I have told them to work and stop talking. Geez. Well, ok, I am their senior. In fact it's gotten to the point where I have said I am not working if that person is chatting. I am not doing their share of work. When they get off their richard simmons to work I will work then. Gosh, I can't recall the last time HYR FINISH a job. Somehow though the writer manages to make LJH say a line or 2. Or more. That shows him finish a section or task. Or demonstrated him actually doing airport work. The last time I recall HYR doing some task was serving snacks during the airplane crash landing. And after the airport homeless person eviction round. Lol. Honestly, did the writer do it intentionally to both characters? Or is it accidentally?

I am not bashing HYR because I hate her. I actually feel sorry for her. But geez she is really clueless, self centred and has bad time management. Every time I see her fail in yet another task I wince. Its like seeing those 3 twits I work with every Mon and Tue. It's gotten to the point I don't even converse with them. In case I accidentally tell them they are super lazy and talk too much. And that they are not doing their team any favours. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

:wub: Chill chingu @ck10z hehe Me also facing the same problem with you in my office plus my manager was super self centred and selfish. When YR ate ice cream during working hours, i said What? hehe this kind of attitude annoyed me sometimes. But chingu, drama is drama. We were in dramaland, full of fantasy and creativity. Anyway chingu, we were in a same boat, hope we will always success and happy in our life . Saranghanda chinguyaaa 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I am not bashing HYR because I hate her. I actually feel sorry for her. But geez she is really clueless, self centred and has bad time management. Every time I see her fail in yet another task I wince. Its like seeing those 3 twits I work with every Mon and Tue. It's gotten to the point I don't even converse with them. In case I accidentally tell them they are super lazy and talk too much. And that they are not doing their team any favours. 

hmm,,maybe the character were  annoying,,thats make the fact that the actress do the great job to make you hate her :v

i dont really matters about the character of the actress or the actor,,i always see the progress of the skill ackting of them and the progress of the story...and i think this drama is a good one to follow....

• Like 8

To make it fair, if you gonna judge only based on what is shown in the drama, LSY didn't finish his punishment while HYR had done it, he failed to repair the water dispenser lol :D, even HYR had completed her apology letter faster than LSY :D she run errand for SIW and she helped cleaning up after a mess the thugs had done.

I think because her character is written that she's a hot mess, some people, including me, pay more interest on how she works and keep anticipating her to solve a problem incredibly. I hope soon we also get the scene where she helps LSY

• Like 10

@ck1Oz Your post made me laugh. But honestly, even if I have to admit that HYR was really annoying and even rude in the beginning, I saw an improvement. I do think that she is working better because f. ex. she had taken care of an order before Mr. Gong came to work (last week). So this week, it was rather more a flaw coming from the writer who gave the impression that HYR wasn't working. Yet we shouldn't be overlooking certain details. HYR came on time to her work place (she arrived before Yang and Gong), she also followed her superior immediately and helped everyone by giving some water. 

Striking is that while pointing out her supposed flaws at work (eating ice cream aso), no one complained about Mr. Gong's behaviour. He is even more annoying and even lazier than HYR. First, every time he receives an order from Yang, he is always ready to delegate his work to HYR and LSY. Sure, he has a superior position, however you can sense that he has the talent to give more work to others. Then he also has time to gossip (remember the other scene where he thought that HYR had borrowed money from LSY...). As a superior, he encourages people to gossip instead of doing the opposite, he is always eager to blame anyone for any terrible situation (LSY, HYR aso). 

Besides, I am quite curious about the ahjussi at the airport. When SIW saw him, he considered him as a homeless person and asked the team to take care of it. This scene caught my attention because it underlined that SIW has a lot of prejudices and pays too much attention to appearances. Striking is that this man followed the workers and in my opinion, his identity might come to play a role in the following episodes.    

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Besides, I am quite curious about the ahjussi at the airport. When SIW saw him, he considered him as a homeless person and asked the team to take care of it. This scene caught my attention because it underlined that SIW has a lot of prejudices and pays too much attention to appearances. Striking is that this man followed the workers and in my opinion, his identity might come to play a role in the following episodes.

I think he is the husband of that annoying female team leader... Ho? Sorry I forgot her name. There was a brief pan of a family picture on her desk in last night's episode, when she and Kang walked to  SIW's desk to fight for a space in the airport.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think he is the husband of that annoying female team leader... Ho? Sorry I forgot her name. There was a brief pan of a family picture on her desk in last night's episode.

Ooh I gotta take a good look when I do my re-watch later on. I was wondering why the camera focused on that photo on TL Heo’s table.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think he is the husband of that annoying female team leader... Ho? Sorry I forgot her name. There was a brief pan of a family picture on her desk in last night's episode, when she and Kang walked to  SIW's desk to fight for a space in the airport.

You mean Heo Young Ran. Does the man look like the ahjussi?WSL 7.png I admit, there is some resemblance but he does look a little different too. 

However, I had the impression that the man was observing SIW in the end.... He wanted to leave the airport, when SIW was about to leave his work place. 

• Like 9

The other drama already release video BTS, here we have to wait 1 week to watch the making film.

SBS please release video BTS earlier.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I do admit at 1st i was bit annoyed by YR's character in fact SY also was bit annoyed with her despite harbouring a crush on her. But, i was tested with same experience like YR, i know the struggle of wanting to do well but fate keep on testing and push your button. U will be driven to do things u dont like also. 

Im sure she just copping with all the given test. I used to work with a local airline. Sigh very stressful 

• Like 13

One of my fav scenes from the latest episode. Just going to type out the translated subtitles as I don’t know Korean. This was after SY caught YR trying to sneak out of his place.

SY: What are you doing?

YR: I think I better to go a sauna. Now that I’m here, I don’t think this is a good idea. I’m sorry to have bothered you. Bye.

YR: By the way, I hope there’s no misunderstanding. I mean.. I don’t start liking someone in three seconds or am the type to fall head over heels for someone. So..

SY: Am I being turned down?

YR: I’m just telling you that it takes me quite a while to like someone. I don’t suddenly fall in love.

SY: So this isn’t a rejection then.

YR: I guess it isn’t exactly that.

SY: But we aren’t dating either, right?

YR: Right. For now.

SY: Ok. For now, this is it. You can stay here tonight. I won’t misunderstand you. You didn’t turn me down, but we aren’t dating either. This place would be better than a sauna. 

I swear, the whole time, SY has this tiniest smile on his face. He’s enjoying teasing her! :wub: And YR, girl, you didn’t have to explain yourself so much. -_-

• Like 8
  • LOL 4