[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he said YES again ...

This Time the question was - do you know my father?

Why am I crying ... why was today like that for me... I don´t even know the words but I felt so sad on a lot scenes.

I hate rumours.

Oh and - as I feared - only one Episode

SY and ES are both heros.

Oh I love ES today - but I should not like him to much. No chance for him - so sad - he is wonderful too. But as often he is friendzoned for to long and he missed the timing to change her heart.

He found the Guy who in real spread the rumours and i really wish to know what he is telling him on the phone.

And - haha - SY and YR are Nighbours now - and haha - YR and YS are roommates... Thats how I understood it - so clumsy - she never really checked the adress as it looks. I loved SY look on his face when he read the piece of paper.

And I love love love the preview. I need a few happy times now. Today felt for me - for a long time - like everything will get ruined for SY. Because of the dating rumours YR got on distance and trouble on work is already there.

But now we can have hope right.

Oh and If I got it right - SY - this brave guy - told the office people that they are not dating - but he is the one who likes her???? I need subs.

What I missed  ! Okay that was the preview  for next week ( I hate sbs  more now for losing this episode for this week)

She living in front of him :joy: how can the world working so hard for this two ( right now yr  seeing  the world is working against  her , how can she always  has this bad luck, don't worry dear it your a great luck  hidden in the worst one just wait) 

He not hidden from her anything as  long  as she ask he will answer it, if asked about his hand he going to tell her everything, it just he don't have the courage to say it first but can't lie to her at all, he will answer honesty  about anything 

I guess yr will  throw  all the rumours behind her back after known how he know her father, she can't avoid him for any reason and will not care for rumours, he not just a good but stranger  to her anyway  he someone more close than she can care about other thought and not being with him 

Edit: and I love how he use her father words about fate and that everything  has meaning and connect  he basically telling her it fate not just random  feeling or meeting 

1. I hate her team member  who spread  the rumours 

2. I Hate gong  for making fun of her in front of everyone  like this , for a girl working in company it horrible  to have her coworkers  talk about her private  life ,

3. I understand why yr was scared of It; she had all the right , what wrong  way the people  can use some normal right and freedom  

4. I love sy  for standing for them , I love every word he said about not holding on anymore  and how they should act as senior in work ,  I love how he made it clear it not yr  who trying to get sy, she not that tybe  who sleep easy with other, he the one who love her alone ( one side) and they not dating even 

5. Love how her friend  act not just cause helping her in secret, it about how much he cared , search and find the person who did it , I like him for how he choice to give him a harsh lesson of how painful words that you may say for fun but it hurt  other badly, I like that side of him  he maybe a nice all the time but he have aggressive side when it come  to protect  people he love , that make us fear how he going to act about yr  start dating or liking sy but right now I love him 

6.I love sy again it okay as it she reject  him for now , he has chance if she know him more  she can like him, he not asking for anything just thankful for the little  moments he get to spend with her ( ohhhhhhhhh I love him and I understand him so much) 

Finally I love the writer  she maybe make it aggressive about how gong  talk to yr  but  she had a point, she show how hurtful can some talk in workplace  and how can it destroyed someone while other having fun and not even understand  what wrong they did , gong and his reaction  to sy  words and not understand it not strange  , sadly many people are like this , not cause they evil  but cause they used  to do this things as normal and like everyone without realising what they doing!!

So love the writer for addressing this problem out , people should understand  that they can make the most evil thing with one word , look  or act just like what happen with Sy  and now with Yr

In this episode i'am more curious about YR family issues. 

Spoilers recap

https://www.dramamilk.com/where-stars-land-episodes-13-and-14-live-recap/

"YR asks him if he is a fortune teller? He says that he studied it once before. But he studies psychology. Don’t tell anyone that I am here, it will be a headache. She asks why he said something about ehr parents. He explains tht it is her behavior. When someone cares about what someone else thinks, like her, then the parents are high achievers…or…they did not compliment you….or abandoned you…yes, that's it, Abandoned!

Yeorum tells him that he said everything so at least one will be correct. He tells her that seh is close minded. She says she is open minded.

But he says that she is smiling to hide, not because she is happy. That is because she does not want anyone to know what she thinks becuase she is afraid of being ignored or abandoned. Dont hide, the world will be the same if you show your emotions."

In the beginning we already know how hurt and suffering SY life is and now we have another sad story about our YR.

They really similar, they both hurt by people looks at them a certain way. They just want to have a normal life.

it's really break my heart :bawling::bawling::bawling:

SY and YR please be happy :dissapointed_relieved:

Ps. I'am not good with English, so Sorry

10 minutes ago, irma1129 said:

Yeorum tells him that he said everything so at least one will be correct. He tells her that seh is close minded. She says she is open minded.

But he says that she is smiling to hide, not because she is happy. That is because she does not want anyone to know what she thinks becuase she is afraid of being ignored or abandoned. Dont hide, the world will be the same if you show your emotions."

This is very much the reason why I have not been able to like YR thus far. 

I know that some people have not been happy when I have said this but the character has been annoying.  But I think that sometimes we need annoying characters in dramas so that we can watch them change and blossom.  That is what drama should do.  It should show us something happening.  If a character is all good and lovely and wonderful right from the start, then the drama is not doing the job that it should.  We need leads with flaws, and that means we might feel bothered by them.  

YR is closed-minded and hiding.  She works out of desperation without looking at the truth.  And she needs to be with someone like SY who has seen turmoil and misery but has been able to overcome.  This is the basis of dramatic action.

She needs to recognize that she is not the only one who is in pain.  It was that lack of caring that caused her to slap SY when he said he couldn't feel physical pain.  She didn't see him as a person at that point; merely an interesting curiosity.  That shows how out-of-touch she has been and how much she has closed others out.

10 minutes ago, irma1129 said:

Your English is very good.  Don't worry.  :)  I liked reading your post.  You wrote about important things.

47 minutes ago, irma1129 said:

In this episode i'am more curious about YR family issues. 

Spoilers recap

https://www.dramamilk.com/where-stars-land-episodes-13-and-14-live-recap/

"YR asks him if he is a fortune teller? He says that he studied it once before. But he studies psychology. Don’t tell anyone that I am here, it will be a headache. She asks why he said something about ehr parents. He explains tht it is her behavior. When someone cares about what someone else thinks, like her, then the parents are high achievers…or…they did not compliment you….or abandoned you…yes, that's it, Abandoned!

In the beginning we already know how hurt and suffering SY life is and now we have another sad story about our YR.

They really similar, they both hurt by people looks at them a certain way. They just want to have a normal life.

it's really break my heart :bawling::bawling::bawling:

SY and YR please be happy :dissapointed_relieved:

That bother  me even watching it raw and after reading the recap I think it bother me so much 

Just what happened in her family !!!! 

One thing is sure , Yr exactly like Sy  , she fear people, she thinks no one will love or like her if they see the real her, she wearing  mask everyday  thinking that how she can survive being around people like she had always  do ( not asking help, not look weak , act strong alone  and that she had no problems  , act high  spirits all the time even when she from the inside  broken ) 

They both so hurt  from abounding, fear people, don't like themselves or see it in good eyes, they both suffered  in young age the harsh  reality of human being , to survive in their  own strange alone and to get wound  from people unthinking judgment and look at their pain or weakness 

They both may choice different  way how you deal with it and keep the strength to be able to be around people  again but they both still suffering  the same pain, fear, low confidence, hidden the real them and unnoticed hard working in each scene to stand there, 

and sadly  they both still running  from their pain in someway while  thinking they fighting it,

I dont know what will be yr  family story, I don't care if it in our eyes is strong or not so important, since this episode  make it clear it have nothing about what we see and think. it about how the person  in pain see it and suffer from it.

I can understand  more now how yr  so much understanding sy feeling and not asking and judging him, I can understand now why sy was so drawn  to her, it souls  that know before eyes or mind that this someone  who has the same pain like me .

I think this drama will be about how this two did well on their  own till now, but the choices  they made was extremely and not full right, how they both learn to let a little their way and learn about other way and mix  it to finally  have a normal life and face themselves 

Sy I love him so much and I understand  him not pushing  yr  but he has his problems  too he refused to face his own fear , hide it and want to live only the moment I love him and understand   from where it come, but that also not so right  there will  be time that he has to see it himself  and face it , he running away and he will hurt yr  without  realising, it not like it okay to like her and want only to live the moment not thinking  about real life and future , but yr doing mistake to it not right to only thinks about real life and people and forget  to live the moment  and live for yourself 

They both have to learn a lot from each other 

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

Ratings dropped a bit 

it okay it normal after all what happen people don't just sit to wait for nothing and getting one ep had his affect too 

and there now  the last weeks of other dramas so it all okay 

i hope the way SBS act don't affect the rating long korean viewer know how to get angry and they have the right  to not like what happen

me i don't care about korean rating latley the outside rating  is important too so i think this drama is doing more than fine

next week the romance and the street fight, love fight, and know more about YR father and even if the kiss not happen the fact it was about to happen mean YR has start to accept SY love 

'so there so much to miss, next week the rating will be fine

but i like to see more airport touching story too that make the blance greet 

24 minutes ago, irma1129 said:

"If someone likes you accept that person with an open heart And if someone doesn't like you just mind your own business and don't care about them"

"There isn't much to life anyway"

this is what I really like about this drama, there are a lot of good words in every episode, especially about social life

I am very bummed that we have only one episode this week. Mostly because this kind of interruption usually affects the flow of the story, in particular the cliffhangers. Darn you SBS! 

Now, to the episode. I love the implied parallel between SY and YR. Both of them have fear of people's gaze and judgment, but they cope with it in such a different way (probably due to differences in their experience). SY copes with his disability by regressing into his shell and putting people at arms length. YR, on the other hand, choose the opposite way, by putting on a brave front and being kind of in the face with other people. But both of them have tons of fear and insecurity stemmed from people around them that they havent gotten over with. And I expect their romance will slowly help heal the wound in their hearts by meeting someone who likes them for who they are. I love how YR makes SY becomes more open, while SY makes YR more grounded. That, my friends, is how you make a good romance. 

This recent development about YR's family makes me super curious. It's surprising to know that she has been abandoned by her parents given how loving her relationship with both her father and mother appears. I wonder whether she's adopted which then explains the abandonment issue? But that does not explain why her family was subjected to unwanted scrutiny by people around them. I mean, having an adopted daughter (if she's adopted), does not seem a huge reason to warrant curious gaze. Hmm...curious-er and curious-er...I am excited to see where this writer will bring us with not only SY's journey, but also YR's. 

I do wonder though whether their attraction is partly explained by their instinctive connection regarding their fear. Given her experience, it's no surprise that YR has enough sensitivity not to probe about SY hands and very respectful of his boundaries. And gosh, can I just repeat how much I love how she appreciates SY for his awesomeness in normal things, like being a good cook?! The more I watch this drama, the more I find not only SY, but also YR, to be more and more lovable. I just love both of them, flaw and all. They both so squish-able!!   

Let me cap this long post by saying that this drama makes me appreciate the two lead actors even more (I have a soft spot for both of them before this drama, but I have now become a huge fan of them both). I love the way they emote with their eyes. This drama can be quite subtle in the characters' interaction where a lot of things are not said and need to be read between the lines (or rather between the gazes, haha). So I am glad that both leads have such expressive eyes. In the hand of lesser actors, I dont think these two characters can be this appealing and have this kind of sparks. So kudos to both actors. Can't wait for next week! I better get my 2 episodes!    

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYxRIIIC7QeSyAAn--6xi722f5248020e4461923692c12bfc65dc.png?x=b80

Just when you think you know what's going on WHAM and you realize you had no idea the way in which these two are connected.  I love that her Dad saved him and he saved her and continues to want too!

I think it's not just the connections, fate or destiny its their fears, pain, loneliness in wanting to be accepted and most of all their silence.  In not being able to let go and let themselves be free.  I actually think when he spoke and said he liked her and that it was one sided.  Once again he wanted to protect her in the only way he knew how...  What a beautiful view of loving someone so much you're willing to step outside of your comfort zone to cover her not with his arm this time but with his heart and love as his shield...

Archived