[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, peyutnduy said:

Yes, true..., there are some things left untold and nothing tell us too how Yang & Jang know each other.

Thanks.

Yes, it was so annoying because there was still so many things untold. But at the beginnind it was 20 episodes so why did they cut it to 16? They could make it even 18, it would be amazing! 

We only knew that Mo Ja and Jang Seo Goon were married (or are married). We dont know how Seo Goon met In Woo and So Yeon . We dont know about Han Yeo Reum's father and why was she adopted. 

Its so flustrating! And why they didnt show So Yeon's face at the end .. 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:58 AM, ktcjdrama said:

@bajing Thank you for voicing out what has been on my mind since last night. I was too upset to sort out my messy-all-over thoughts, esp. still having some work on hand to finish, but I agree with everything you said! Everything!

I was going to observe a day of silence from this thread, mourning the great loss of this potentially good drama, and come back when I am calmer, but your post called me out of silence to just say I really appreciate your post. 

I still feel sad and not yet able to accept and let go. I am not complaining about the ending, but the general wrap up of the drama. Lots of wasted minutes, like, do we really need to see another (prolonged) fighting scene to prove how strong the bionic arms can make SY? The minutes wasted pulling the car back and forth from falling into the sea? Those precious minutes could have been used for showing the characters healing and growth process!

Frankly, I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch the full episode with subs... but at least I can sleep in peace now that your rant reflected mine too. It felt like I've let my rant out too. Thanks!

Sorry, jumping in to comment after it's over - been watching all this while - just quiet. :)

Anyways YES on the last episode.

= I <3 the Security couple - soooo cute.  :P 

= Somehow we're supposed to whiplash turn and sympathize with Lee Dong-gun. After watching 'Hyung' sneaking around, sneering et al for maybe all of at least 14 episodes .. somehow he's actually a secret good dude .... hero saviour who sold his soul for a good cause all these years! :P

While I don't need to know details such as whose father was whose, or why/when/who was adopted/or not ...

= The car saving was stoopid. And so far-fetched, and no one ... no one at all - not even the security dude, thought to help. Even if it was going to not make much diff - isn't it simply instinctive,  to try to do something? 

They all just froze and WATCHED Superman trying to do the rescue, singlehandedly.

And note:  the bad guys didn't even take the perfect opportunity to hit back. Esp that vengeful  crazed ex-bf dude of the airport employee.  Thet were just sainty UNopportunistic bystanders. WOW, just wow. :P

= And after all the DRAMA ..." I might die, my body is rotting ... I prefer to die than to go back to a wheelchair, I'd rather leave you, let's just treasure our time together as passers-by" ... So he can just go off for a year, and simply get mended, just like that?!!? So what the heck was the fuss about?

On 11/28/2018 at 3:07 PM, selen4ever said:

I found a great alternative ending in the comments on Dramabeans by https://bestlawnmower2017.com/best-gas-lawn-mower:

http://www.dramabeans.com/members/justme/activity/657403/

@samecut123

I managed to watch the epilogue with a Korean proxy on this site http://www.gomtv.com/15831574

The clips from instagram you posted https://bestbuyprojectors.org/best-outdoor-projector much cover most of it, the only things they left out is the father hanging the "FoxBride" nameshield in front of the restaurant and coughing; and him sketching the airport at night in the form of a fox head and coughing...      

Thanks for the link!

SF9’s Rowoon Talks About Acting In “Where Stars Land,” Shares His Wishes For 2019, And More

SF9âs Rowoon Talks About Acting In âWhere Stars Land,â Shares His Wishes For 2019, And More

In a recent interview, SF9’s Rowoon discussed his latest drama “Where Stars Land,” wishes for 2019, and other topics.

Rowoon debuted in 2016 through boy group SF9. The idol-turned-actor appeared in several dramas, such as “Click Your Heart,” “School 2017,” and “About Time.” His most recent drama is “Where Stars Land” where he played operational team employee Go Eun Seob.

Rowoon talked about the atmosphere of the filming set. He said, “Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin brightened the set. I felt bad because I made a lot of mistakes when I filmed. I am the type to save the last episode, so I haven’t seen it yet, but I am going to watch it with leisure tonight.”

He also mentioned his most memorable scene. He said, “The scene where I met an emergency patient is most memorable. I tried to find the meanings because there were many words that I usually didn’t use. While I was in ‘Blind Date Coffee House’ [literal translation],  I got closer to the cast, and I asked for advice from Yoo In Na. She took out her own personal time and taught me this scene at a cafe. That’s why I was able to finish it well.”

Rowoon also talked about his chemistry with Chae Soo Bin. He commented, “Chae Soo Bin waited for me a lot. I didn’t have a lot of acting experience and I’m not very good at it, so I stammered a lot. On set, she told me things like, ‘It’s okay’ rather than ‘Do this, do that.’ I think it was a chance for good acting to come out.”

He also talked about his good chemistry with Lee Je Hoon. He said, “I fell for him while doing the drama. Rather than feeling like a celebrity, he is a good person. I still save the roasted sweet potato he gave me when I shared the waiting room with him.”

When asked to score his acting, Rowoon gave himself 30 points. He explained, “I am just so embarrassed that so many reporters came here. I’m burdened by whether I acted that well and if I portrayed Eun Seob well. Fortunately, they like me, so I’m glad. If you ask if I’m satisfied of me, I’m not. That’s why [I score myself] 30 points.”

When asked if he regrets anything, Rowoon replied, “If I knew a little more about love and dating, I might have felt a little more serious and deeper about dealing with Yeo Reum [Chae Soo Bin’s character]. [I’m talking about] things like watching her or sending her looks from behind. I could have deepened my eyes, but it was regretful that I was lacking in that area.”

About filming at the airport, he said, “When I have a group schedule I use the airport often, but when I thought of it from an airport employee’s point-of-view, it became different. I went into places where ordinary people and passengers at the airport cannot use, and I realized many people are working hard to keep the airport safe.”

Rowoon almost mentioned the hardest part of filming this drama. He admitted, “Every moment was not easy. I did my best, whether it was a small or big scene, and the difficult part was understanding the hard things. I think it was difficult for me to do so because I should be clear on the reasons for my actions and remarks. If you ask me what I learned from doing this work, I’m not sure what I learned clearly, but I think what I learned will come out naturally in my next project. While I may have improved my skills while filming, I think I learned how to feel when I read the script and analyze it, so I have more thoughts and worries when I do my next project. I think ‘Where Stars Land’ was a good foundation for me.”

When asked about the reactions of his members, he shared, “Chani is acting, and he has more experience than me. I asked him a lot [for advice]. I told him, ‘Today’s filming was hard, and I’m worried about how it will come out,’ and he said, ‘Seeing your acting until now, you seem to be doing well’, so I was comforted by that. My members didn’t tell me they were watching [my drama], but they were watching it behind me. They even memorized the lines. I thought they were watching it because the drama was fun, not because of me.”

Rowoon talked about being both an idol and an actor, saying, “It’s clear I can’t give up on either of them. So I don’t think I should do any of them carelessly. I wondered how I would do it, but I didn’t have to worry about it. I just have to desire to do well and enjoy it. Acting doesn’t mean I’m not doing well in my group, and just because I’m in my group doesn’t mean I’m not acting. I’m trying hard to do both.”

Then he added humorously, “I’m like a chameleon, so on stage, I capture the hearts of my fans, and when I’m acting, I try to do my best even though I’m acting.”

Rowoon commented, “Since I am a member of SF9, I am hoping for a positive effect where SF9 will be known if I’m known. Originally, I was going to use Kim Rowoon, but I was used to being called [just] Rowoon, and I thought it might be helpful for SF9.”

He shared, “I have two goals. I have one for my group and one for myself. Every goal has steps. My goal for our group is that we will go up a level. So I hope people can see me and my members when we are doing our next album. I hope those who consider me as Eun Seob will think ‘Eun Seob is an idol. Who is in his group?’ My members are really handsome. My goal as a group is that I want everyone to see my members when they see me.

Then he continued, “As an individual, I always aim and imagine to maintain a positive mind, but I wanted to do two dramas this year. I really wanted to do two to gain experience. So, my goal is to have lots of experience as an actor and to play a small role in many works with satisfaction. I’m still halfway there.”

Rowoon summed up his 2018 year, saying, “There are many things that I thought I would do in 2018, and there are some things that are satisfying but some that are not. I’m the type to have regret in comparison to my expectations and I used to think that feeling regret afterwards meant unhappiness. The ideas of ‘Why am I only this much? I have more chances than others, so why can’t I do it?’ only made me have a harder time. However, it was natural that I felt regret when I was doing this work. In fact, 2018 was a busy year. I hope that 2019 will be a year when I sing, act and perform on stage harder like a busier, more diligent and hard-working cow.”

SF9âs Rowoon Opens Up About His Love Life + How He Differs From His âWhere Stars Landâ Character

SF9’s Rowoon Opens Up About His Love Life + How He Differs From His “Where Stars Land” Character

In a recent interview, SF9’s Rowoon confessed that he has a hard time approaching the people he likes!

On November 29, the idol-turned-actor sat down to talk about his drama “Where Stars Land,” which came to an end earlier this week. In the drama, Rowoon played the role of Go Eun Seob, an airport employee who harbors a steadfast one-sided love for his co-worker Han Yeo Reum (played by Chae Soo Bin).

Rowoon shared that he had initially been worried about how his lack of dating experience would affect his acting. “To be honest, I was a bit lacking in experience,” he said. “So after I read the script, I spent a lot of time thinking about how [my character] would feel. I would have used my own knowledge [of love and dating] if I’d had any. But I felt that I was lacking, so the director and the writer helped me out a lot. Through those kinds of conversations, I came to understand the character.”

He went on to explain, “I was a trainee from an early age, and I went to an all-boys middle school and an all-boys high school. I was just a kid who liked soccer and karaoke. That’s why I didn’t have a chance [to date], but I’m slowly trying to learn more [about romance].”

Rowoon also reported that filming “Where Stars Land” had given him the opportunity to experience a one-sided love that was deeper than anything he’d personally felt before. He commented, “The one-sided love that I portrayed in this drama needed to be expressed more seriously than the one-sided love I experienced [in my own life].

“I felt like I learned a new emotion, like I had opened a new door. I had the thought, ‘It’s possible that staying by someone’s side like this and hiding your feelings might also be love.'”

Rowoon-2.jpg

When asked about the similarities and differences between Go Eun Seob and Rowoon’s real-life personality, Rowoon revealed that his fear of getting hurt prevented him from being as forward and open about his feelings as his character was in the drama.

He pointed out, “Eun Seob didn’t just remain a friend. He attempted to cross the line [into romance], and Yeo Reum shut him down many times. While experiencing and portraying those moments, I learned a new emotion that I had never felt before.”

“I think that there’s very little similarity between my real-life personality and that of my character,” he continued. “When I like someone, I think I actually tend to keep that person at a distance because I’m afraid of getting hurt.”

Rowoon went on, “I’m not similar to [Eun Seob] in the way he remains [Yeo Reum’s] friend. When I like someone, I tend to do it quietly, on my own. In case I get hurt. It’s because I’m timid.”

However, he added, “We’re alike in our optimism and the fact that we smile a lot.”

You can look other photoshoot this page -->  SF9 NATION

Spoiler

Just saw the last episode.  I do agree with the views that it was odd not to show our hero's face at the end.  It would be understandable if he couldn't be there to film and someone stood in for him.  But since he was there, what's the big idea of not showing his face! :blink:

some loose ends not cleared up.

48 minutes ago, Tasia said:

I guess I just cannot move on from Lee Soo Yeon and Han Yeo Reum just yet...

Until now, I'm still repeating watching ep 13 to 16... 

And still enjoying every second of the drama :wub::love::blush:

Good for you... I'm still in denial that the show has ended... I haven't watched ep.16 with subs yet...<_<:P

On 12/3/2018 at 12:06 AM, O said:

Just saw the last episode.  I do agree with the views that it was odd not to show our hero's face at the end.  It would be understandable if he couldn't be there to film and someone stood in for him.  But since he was there, what's the big idea of not showing his face! :blink:

some loose ends not cleared up.

I personally don't think it was him. There were certain physical things that I really like about the actor throughout the entire drama:

1. His strong veiny hands 

2. His hair at the nap of his neck--since straight line

They guy at the end is not him. There is a quick scene when his face is reflected on the black panel of glass after he scans his passport at the end where you can see his face. It's quick so you have to pause---it's not him. It makes zero sense for them not to show the face of the main actor.

This drama was okay, there were a lot of badly written scenes, but okay.

Hi! It's been a long time since I've been here :)

I'm glad many people enjoy this drama eventho there were flaws here and there

Just wanna share, it is indeed Lee Soo Yeon in the end. I still don't know why the director chose the ending scene like that. To make a difference? Still don't get it. Anyway, here's the screenshot of it @lclarakl :D

Thank you! :)

@lingkims, I'm still not convinced....:lol:.  Thank you for posting the frozen clip. I still can't help but think it was a body double. It makes zero sense that the director wouldn't show his face to let us also see his emotions. Could truly be the actor and he had an issue with his face. I wish I could have a frozen shot when it's swiping his passport through customs just before meeting her. In that clip, his reflection is seen in the black reflective glass. Unfortunately, It's too face for me to catch.

I'm stunned that his manager would let the majority of the entire be about the female lead and he's just a "Is it him or isn't it him" moment since his face wasn't shown.

However, I truly appreciate you posting the clip. Thanks again.

Archived