[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay recap time.. 

In no specific order as im writing from memory:

1) Jang basically told everything about SY's health to YR.  Their conversation was revealed little by little throughout the ep. Basically he said SY is really sick.  YR asked what she can do to help.  Not sure what Jang said but pretty sure he didnt tell her to break up with him..  

2) Girls drinking what a cute scene.  They both got so wasted they took turns puking in the toilet.  They passed out in the living room but got close overnight since YJ began calling YR as yeo reum-ah. In fact, she glared at Yr when she called her NYJ-ssi since they're supposed to talk banmal to each other now. N YJ remembered how YR kept crying and calling for SY while drinking. 

3) anyway,  the fog situation at the airport got worse and flights were all delayed. Emergency procedures in place since there would be tons of stranded people at the airport.  SY came to the girls' place since they all got message to come early.  But the girls were passed out and drunk lol..  

4) All the team leaders gathered in an emergency meeting. 

5) under Yang,  she instructed SY to drive and get more food at the supermarket for the passengers YR followed him.  In the car,  she asked if he was ok and noted that he was burning up. He told her he was fine but she recalled conversation with Jang.  At the supermarket, Yr would not let SY lift even a finger. She carried all the boxes,  pushed the heavy trolley,  loaded them into the car and into the airport.  SY was perplexed why she acted this way.  She said it was because he was sick so he should take it easy. YR rolled her ankle while pushing the cart.  But still worked dilligently to serve food for the passengers. 

6) SY tended to YR's ankle.  He still wanted to know why she was behaving like this today. 

7) YJ wasnt feeling well from drinking too much. ODG asked her who she drank with. She was like must i tell you who i drank with.  ODG told her he was worried? /cared?  about her.  Seemed like some kind of confession to me. 

8) all the airport staff had to work extra hard.  Something like during christmas season. They might not even get to go back home.

9) SIW's dad fainted. oDG and YJ came to see him.  YJ recognised him and called YR.  YR told SY who later told SIW.  Despite him hating his dad,  SIW did look like he wa about to cry. 

10) Choi came to see SIW. His junior told him all about SIW's dubious dealings and connections. But Choi,  being the busybody nosy that he was, couldnt keep his trap shut and basically just told SiW that he was being investigated or suspected or something.  Not the brightest bulb in the box for sure. 

11) SIW called bad guy leader and basically yelles at him for screwing things up.  Bad guy didnt like the fact that SIW scolded him.

12) in one flight,  a passenger collapsed.  Cpr administered and they needed to make emergency landing.  ES used his skills to coordinate this whole thing.  His senior and supervisors were impressed.  Later,  pregnant senior suddenly screamed.  Guess she was going into labour.  Panic in the office.

13) Fog cleared up. Everyone got ready to go back.  Yr and Sy stayed.  Yr asked SY to go back but he had something to finish up.  YR told SY she would do it for him so he should go.  He grabbed her hands and asked what really happened for her to be this way.  By any chance,  did she meet Jang? 

14) She denied but SY could see right through her.  She admitted.  SY asked what Jang said. yR said jang only told her SY was not feeling well.  SY kept asking her what else Jang said. Eventually, YR cracked and said that Jang told her everything. SY's face changed and he even yelled at YR.  He grabbed his jacket and stormed off. 

15) SY met Jang at the restaurant. He demanded to know why Jang told YR.  So Jang just said if SY dont take it easy,  it wont be just health, he could die.  Jang did not want SY to die.  He wanted SY to survive.  SY in tears but said that being on the wheelchair was not his idea of living anyway and recalled his hardships.  He cried and Jang also softened up.  Might got some translatiom wrong here but either way,  things were serious and SY was too stubborn for his own good. SY left the restaurant in tears and his nose bled again.  He walked away. 

Continue:

16) However,  bad leader's goons were watching him. They followed him to a park. SY surrounded by bad guy and the goons. Bad guy called SIW, basically announcing that he found SIW's brother. sIW was alarmed but bad guy cut off the call.  He asked his men who were carrying metal rods and baseball bats to beat up SY.  He wanted revenge for SY's assault on one of his kind,  aka the knife attacker.  He remembered SY and remarked how shocked he was at Sy's recovery.  So now SY is in a 5/6 people against one. 

17) ES went to YR's office and saw her banging her head lightly against her desk. He came to talk about his accomplishment today but saw her crying instead. yR seemed to blame herself for what happened with SY earlier.  ES asked if SY was ill but YR decided to go after him.  She wiped her tears and sincerely congratulated ES for his achievement today.  ES grabbed her hand to stop her.  He told her dont go anywhere today. He needed her too. 

Ep ended.  No preview. 

P/S: forgotten scene:

YJ came out of the dressing room already changed and ready to go back.  Ran into ODG who was still in his uniform. He askef her if she was leaving. She said yes but as she began to walk away,  he stopped her.  He said she still hadnt replied to his question/confession today. She turned to him and basically turned him down.  I wish i understood more but she said something like she was comfortable being alone.  

YJ came home and sat in the living room,  looking sad. ODG sat in the locker room looking sad too. He took off his shoe and we saw that he was wearing the socks she gave him.  He said something which i forgot.  Cut to her at her home. YJ took off her slippers and guess what?  She was wearing the exact same pair of socks..  :bawling:

My comment:

- SY cannot catch a break, like seriously.  

- He is also too stubborn for his own good. He should realise that there are people who love and care for him as he is.

- too little YJ-ODG scenes. So sad too. They better compensate this tomorrow...

-Not a fan of Choi too. He likes to stick his nose in other people's business,  ugh! 

Well that was a bit rough. I don't have time this morning to really comment since I watched the raw episode only. No clue if subs are out.

I am talking about NYJ. Do we have time for her back story? Well. I mean she is consistent. But man that woman is BRUTAL. Her answer is so frank and blunt. I was listening with a low volume since it was insanely early. But man why does she want to be alone? Having said that I could probably watch a drama of her being pursued by ODG. And being rejected. And then her having to face that family. And younger brothers.

Yeah. I really would watch a whole drama about her.

I am not going to comment about LSY because frankly the medical issue with his prosthesis does sound rather serious. It looks serious anyway looking at his condition. If you're talking about electronic feedback loop malfunctions from sensory fluctuations then yeah it is serious. Oh yeah, where did all the terminology come from? Well, isn't this what the writer is implying? Or do I have it wrong? That is what is wrong with the prosthetic right? The feedback loop mechanisms are overloading leading to either rhabdomyolsis or permanent nerve damage. Not that he had any that is why he is using a machine for one. 

Or am I too advanced for the writer? I probably am. Since the bartender and Dr is probably an engineering grad vs a medical grad then it has to be an electricity issue. Rather than a tissue issue.

Hahaha. One can tell when one is used to Korean medical dramas. To know the improbable and obscure medical issues it comes up with. I had to read up on a whole heap of syndromes and conditions in my time when working on medical drama translations.

After watching this ep, I know sooyeon is really stubborn but somehow I understand his feeling and his fear having to go back to his tough reality right after he is finally able to move freely like most of people do, on top of that he only experienced it in 1 year :tears: 

gosh this show touches a lot of humanity aspect :tears:

O my... what an ending... I dare not even check the preview! I think the anticipation for next episode will be with me this whole day. Maybe it's a good thing I'd be quite occupied today outdoors, so I won't keep checking the updates for tonight's episode.

I really really hope LSY will be okay. With his current condition, I don't know how long he can endure fighting those gangsters. Maybe the rage and frustration he's feeling earlier can be the driving force for him to keep fighting. Then will he be okay? Or will he collapse? In the middle of the episode, I honestly feel like smacking him for being so stubborn, for insisting to gamble his life in exchange for one normal day. I can understand him not wanting to go back to life on wheelchair in the past, but still, he is selfish for only thinking about fulfilling his wants and not considering how the way he live is affecting those who care about him - Kang, Jang, YR, and even Choi, I believe. If he only wants to live one day at time, he really shouldn't be pursuing YR in a relationship. When you commit yourself in a relationship, you should think about the other person too. SY doesn't really mind/care what happen to him, even if he dies. But how would that make YR feel? What would that (ie.him dying) leave YR? I am actually so angry at him, but because of the situation he's facing at the end of episode, I will hold back my ranting and hope he's okay to fight them with his bionic arm. At this point, I wholly support him wearing it so he can protect and defend himself. Argh! That despicable coward Cho, bringing a whole army with weapons just to beat up one guy. Shame on you! Shame on you!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmtHGeGRBGxaHuFzBGDaRimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2fdMivbEJo4Ob7xkfJNV

Shall Weimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHTaiLWQV7QXZ18E5VqAJ

There is so much that I could write about today all the ways in which my heart was moved.  Yet it's the beginning and flashbacks that touched me in a different way today that seem simple enough until her words followed...

" He always...  Talks about our today..."

Thinking about just those words and what it is that they say.  Her always sharing about their future and him in just being thankful for today.  It's thoughts such as these that are often overlooked and seeming less important than the rest of the episode.  Still I guess I just wanted to express his heart a bit.  When fate allowed bad things to happen within his world and his life was hanging by a thread.  When those questions came of why me and how can this be.  So dark were those days of being young and being trapped to the point that life was no longer living and taking a breath took more energy than he thought he could give...

He no longer takes anything for granted or has the courage in believing how something so undeserved and wonderful could even last.   It's as if he is constantly grateful for just one more day of him being a normal man walking beside her in this way.  It's like she is so amazing a dream that already came true.  So much so that he doesn't even want to be greedy in thinking about a future.  For he just want's to soak every bit of her up like a sponge while experiencing the here and now.  Taking pictures with his eyes and placing them safely within his heart..

Being thankful for simply being able to have had someone to

JUST LOVE...

:heart:

May I just say how wonderful YR's heart is... even though she was occupied with her own problem to tears, she actually heard what GES shared with her about gis achievement that day. And before leaving, she took the time to congratulate him and encouraged him, assured him of his capabilities. That's what I love about her genuine heart for people. 

16 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

In the middle of the episode, I honestly feel like smacking him for being so stubborn, for insisting to gamble his life in exchange for one normal day. I can understand him not wanting to go back to life on wheelchair in the past, but still, he is selfish for only thinking about fulfilling his wants and not considering how the way he live is affecting those who care about him - Kang, Jang, YR, and even Choi, I believe. If he only wants to live one day at time, he really shouldn't be pursuing YR in a relationship. When you commit yourself in a relationship, you should think about the other person too. SY doesn't really mind/care what happen to him, even if he dies. But how would that make YR feel? What would that (ie.him dying) leave YR?

I was really upset too when mr. jang told him he could die but he didn't care like how about yeoreum sooyeon-ah??? He really only thinks for present. But then I don't know I'm conflicted, I could feel he's dwelling on his condition, also his nature where he couldn't stand still when someone he loves is hurt, like what happened to yeoreum and inwoo, which he became frustrated with his limitation.

Again, for me this show is really good at portraying people's problem with their inner thought. It makes me realize we tend to give best solution or counseling to others but sometimes we forget that it's easier said than done. That's also why people are social beings, we need others to remind and help us because sometimes we couldn't think straight to our own problems, but as we advice others we also need to be more patient and try to put ourselves in their shoes to understand them and attempt the best way to correct their decision for the better.

I'm sad this show is going to end soon..

I like today Eps so much I understand sy  so much even when I am angery  from him to be keep hurting  himself like this , but I understand  the man who only lived one year a miracle  dream after 11 years of suffering and losing everything even the right to be normal on his own eyes before others

I think yr  doing great she just what sy  need, she can't hide her feeling  but  she not forcing him on anything  she just here care  and worry about him so much to force him to see that 

Sy  need her like this he can't be told to give up what he fear the most to live and enjoy the today  normal life even if it cost him all his future  we notice the hints of that early  that he only think of today not dream of anything  more , but in the same time he need someone  who care so much about him to worry  like this without even speaking  to force him see how much his health  is more important  and his future is not own only by him. 

I like the preview  too , thank @samecut123 for sharing it :heart: I know I should be afraid of this preview  since things get even worse from every side but I think I am okay for now , the amount  of painful dilemma  sy show till now was more than any danger can happen , he break my heart  so much with this little scene in the few last 3 eps by shown great pain with simple wishes of life 

@USAFarmgirl I like your post so much it just how I feel right now ,my poor sy  that person  made my heart full of emotional, I love so much but he need to stop ,but I understand  him I can't even say he should act different  I know what logic  say but I had already see that coming  from the moment  he promised to leave after one month, from the moment he wanted to enjoy the love without thinking about telling her the ture from that moments i start to fear  and understanding his problem and pain , the pain of just wanted to enjoy today since he has zero hope that it can last for tomorrow everytime  

His 11 years of suffering  was more affecting than can we just judge  with logic it was so much pain from body to mind for us to just say he shouldn't do that , but still we worry for him  and wanted him to stop before he get himself killed or destroyed for good ( I hope not) 

One thing I don't like, they didn't give yr  enought  space  to feel her suffering  too, about being adopted, the bullying things, her father and family issues she also another victim her with so much  wounds but they show her reason and suffering  so fast without  making us feel it so much 

And about team leader yang, chief  cho , siw  it was not enought 

( I think that maybe come from changing  of episodes number but I didn't like that they also part of our  big interested from the start) 

@11moonstone I say, I think you might want to wait to get the translations for the preview. THAT was not a very reassuring preview by the way. Not at all. And it's not because I like LSY.

What the heck is going on? How come the SIW story is coming out NOW towards the end? I think there is already enough problems with the prosthetics even without him getting beaten up or threaterned. And how did HYR know he was in danger in the toilets? And knew to get security?

Also, kyah is my ODG and NY ship going to sail? * fluttering heart here *

5 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Shall Weimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHTaiLWQV7QXZ18E5VqAJ

There is so much that I could write about today all the ways in which my heart was moved.  Yet it's the beginning and flashbacks that touched me in a different way today that seem simple enough until her words followed...

" He always...  Talks about our today..."

Thinking about just those words and what it is that they say.  Her always sharing about their future and him in just being thankful for today.  It's thoughts such as these that are often overlooked and seeming less important than the rest of the episode.  Still I guess I just wanted to express his heart a bit.  When fate allowed bad things to happen within his world and his life was hanging by a thread.  When those questions came of why me and how can this be.  So dark were those days of being young and being trapped to the point that life was no longer living and taking a breath took more energy than he thought he could give...

He no longer takes anything for granted or has the courage in believing how something so undeserved and wonderful could even last.   It's as if he is constantly grateful for just one more day of him being a normal man walking beside her in this way.  It's like she is so amazing a dream that already came true.  So much so that he doesn't even want to be greedy in thinking about a future.  For he just want's to soak every bit of her up like a sponge while experiencing the here and now.  Taking pictures with his eyes and placing them safely within his heart..

Being thankful for simply being able to have had someone to

JUST LOVE...

:heart:

Oh dear... I am crying reading this!:bawling: 

This is so true... 

And so heart wrenching...... 

15 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@11moonstone I say, I think you might want to wait to get the translations for the preview. THAT was not a very reassuring preview by the way. Not at all. And it's not because I like LSY.

What the heck is going on? How come the SIW story is coming out NOW towards the end? I think there is already enough problems with the prosthetics even without him getting beaten up or threaterned. And how did HYR know he was in danger in the toilets? And knew to get security?

Also, kyah is my ODG and NY ship going to sail? * fluttering heart here *

Yes, I feel like this next episode would be sad.. I think he said something like "yeoreum-ah it's okay, really, come here" and enough for me to feel all this butterflies and erase all other intense scenes from my mind lol how lonely I am :D

Archived