DETAILS

• Title: 커피야 부탁해 / keopiya butaghae
  • Also Known as: Coffee, Do Me a Favor, I need a Coffee
  • Genre: Romance, Fantasy
  • Episodes: 12
  • Network: ChannelA
  • Airdate: December 1st - December 30th, 2018

SYNOPSIS

Coffee, Do Me a Favor' tells the story of a cute, chubby girl (played by Kim Min Young and Chae Seo Bin) who drinks magical coffee to become the beautiful woman she's always wanted to be, and the drama will follow her run-in with a handsome webtoon artist who doesn't believe in love.

CAST

Untitled.png

TRAILER

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

General, Dramas

Highlight's Junhyung cast in upcoming drama 'Coffee, Do Me a Favor'

highlight,junhyung
Highlight's Junhyung has been cast in the upcoming drama 'Coffee, Do Me a Favor'!

SEE ALSO: [Interview] Ask anything and everything: Send us your questions for A.C.E!

Last month, it was reported Junhyung was in talks to play the male lead in the romantic-comedy drama 'Coffee, Do Me a Favor', and he's now officially been confirmed to star in the series. Test filming started on May 29 at a cafe in Seoul, and they're planning the first script reading soon.

As previously reported, 'Coffee, Do Me a Favor' tells the story of a cute, chubby girl (played by Kim Min Young and Chae Seo Bin) who drinks magical coffee to become the beautiful woman she's always wanted to be, and the drama will follow her run-in with a handsome webtoon artist who doesn't believe in love. 

'Coffee, Do Me a Favor' is expected to premiere later this year.
© 2007 - 2018 6Theory Media, LLC. allkpop® is a registered trademark of 6Theory Media, LLC.

Yong Jun Hyung, Kim Min Young and Chae Seo Jin, start shooting "Coffee, Please"

201806012050779653_5b11372df09d6.jpg

Group highlights Jun-hyung and actress Kim Min-young cast in the drama '

'Coffee, Please' is a breathtaking romantic comedy of a cute fat woman who tries to become a beauty after drinking magic coffee and a webtoonist who does not believe in love.

According to preliminary production, on 29th of last month, a test shoot was done at a coffee shop near Ewha Womans University in Seoul.

Source: http://www.sportalkorea.com/butterfly/view.php?gisa_uniq=201806012050779653&key=&field=&section_code=C1000&search_key=y

Lee Tae-ri turns on the charm as aspiring musical actor in Coffee, I Leave It to You (source: dramabeans)

leetaeri-coffee.jpg

I’m always happy to hear there’s a new rom-com in the works, and this drama sounds cute with a dash of fantasy. Lee Tae-ri (Hospital Ship, Hwajeong, Rooftop Prince) — formerly known by his stage name Lee Min-ho — is the latest addition to the drama titled Coffee, I Leave It to You. I was a little confused by the casting reports at first because of the name change, but I have to admit it’ll be nice to not have to differentiate Lee Tae-ri (which is his birth name) with the other Lee Min-ho.

The premise involves our heroine, played by Kim Min-young (Uncontrollably Fond) and described as cute but overweight, somehow transforming into Chae Seo-jin (Lingerie Girls’ Generation) after drinking a magical cup of coffee. The idea is that she gets a supernatural glow-up, essentially, and starts pursuing her one-sided crush. She’ll get swept up into a “risky” romance with a webtoon artist who doesn’t believe in love (natch). Highlight’s Yong Joon-hyung will be making an acting comeback (it’s been five years since his last drama, Monstar), playing the male lead.

Lee Tae-ri is up to play the lead’s best friend in what sounds like a pretty endearing role: His character, named Moon Jung-won, is an aspiring musical actor who turned his back on his former life as an elite employee at a large corporation in order to pursue his dreams. He’s described as a ball of endless energy, with boundless optimism and a healthy dose of curiosity to boot. He’s also a hopeless romantic, who dreams of a grandiose romance like the ones found in musicals, which should serve as a perfect foil to his best friend’s skepticism.

While the premise seems a little superficial, I’m hoping that the story is handled with some depth, and tackle issues like self-worth and the narrow standards of beauty in Korea. One of the writers attached to the project, Seo Bo-ra, has credits like Fight My Way and Remember—Son’s War to her name, which is promising. The director, Park Soo-cheol, has a more checkered filmography, with some of my old favorites, like Hwang Jin-yi and My Girl, mixed in with some more questionable projects, such as Witch Amusement and Monster. I’m going to take a leaf out of Lee Tae-ri’s new role, though, and remain optimistic about the show, since I do love a cute rom-com.

Coffee, I Leave It to You will be fully pre-produced and is still negotiating a station and timeslot.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Coffee, Do Me A Favor / 커피야 부탁해 - Yong Jun Hyung, Chae Seo Jin, Lee Tae Ri, Lizzy
  • 1 month later...
Nov 15 2018 (source: asianwiki)

First still images and air date for Channel A drama series “Coffee, Please”

Coffee-Please-SI111.jpg

First still images and air date added for Channel A drama series “Coffee, Please” (literal title) starring Yong Joon-HyungKim Min-Young and Chae Seo-Jin. The still images are of popular webtoon writer Im Hyun-Woo (Yong Joon-Hyung), his trainee Lee Seul-Bi (Kim Min-Young) and Lee Seul-Bi transformed into beautiful Oh Go-Woon (Chae Seo-Jin) after drinking coffee. In addition, the drama series is scheduled to air Saturdays and Sundays at 7:20 AM from December 1, 2018 in South Korea. The drama series airs as a 100% preproduction with filming having finished autumn, 2017.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Coffee, Do Me A Favor / 커피야 부탁해 - Yong Jun Hyung, Chae Seo Jin, Lee Tae Ri, Lizzy - Sat & Sun @ 19:40 KST - Premieres on December 1st on ChannelA
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Coffee, Do Me A Favor / 커피야 부탁해 - Yong Jun Hyung, Chae Seo Jin, Lee Tae Ri, Lizzy - Sat & Sun @ 19:40 KST - Premieres TONIGHT on ChannelA

This might be one of those little dramas which might disappear inbetween premiering dramas like "Memories of Alhambra" or "Boyfriend".

So giving little headsup for those who might otherwise miss the premiere of this drama here. :) It's actually premiering TODAY on December 1st and might be a perfect start into kdrama weekend. :D

So maybe you want to check it out!

-Jillia

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

This might be one of those little dramas which might disappear inbetween premiering dramas like "Memories of Alhambra" or "Boyfriend".

So giving little headsup for those who might otherwise miss the premiere of this drama here. :) It's actually premiering TODAY on December 1st and might be a perfect start into kdrama weekend. :D

So maybe you want to check it out!

-Jillia

It’s like Eun Hoo’s room. Sadly no subs for that one either . Many nice underrated dramas that fly under the radar because the big ones get subbing priorities 

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

It’s like Eun Hoo’s room. Sadly no subs for that one either . Many nice underrated dramas that fly under the radar because the big ones get subbing priorities 

It's sad for sure! :(

Hence why I'm pushing this thread up, so the drama gets at least some notice. Maybe some members would enjoy it no matter if there are English subtitles or not.

Times are over when small drama got support from big streamers etc.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018-2019] Coffee, Do Me A Favor / 커피야 부탁해 - Sat & Sun @ 19:40 KST - ChannelA

I really like that this drama is adressing topics like ideal body types and fatshaming. Interested to where this goes. :D

EDIT:

Okay let me take that back... because something happens with magical coffee and it's 100 Pounds Beauty movie all over again. :o They better not disappoint me. But there some nice hints that the writer is smart and will us take to the right direction. 

Lee Seul Bi - Assistent

030568390cf09172f98fea8f989b138fb4beb018

Im Hyun Woo - star webtoon artist

3734019212231e210b9934ac3071760f5528fe09

Lee Dong Gu - Assistent

0206886366c95723ea8e60509c11ee998bcfc6ba

Spoiler

Jung Suk - Assistent

44979210e22dd79ace6a339e52b0ac110f532620

Kang Ye Na - Joy webtoon assistent manager

850275163932e30e9a549ae90949f74b246716a1

Moon Jung Won - want to be a musical actor (but can't sing)

784288743d4c8301d6b81b56b9f0651d65bed5d1

Manager Ma - Joy webtoon manager or as I call him Mr Douchbag No. 1

6049031732b184bc5726af4f89e6660f82a7bcdd

Gu PD - Joy webtoon PD or as I call him Mr Douchebag No. 2

263872109f7c8a63fbed7a0be9553a6a4c47222a

Archived