[Drama 2018] Coffee, Do Me A Favor / 커피야 부탁해

marykarmelina

Caffeinated Cinderella:relaxed:

I was put off by the opening episode. Very cliche... drapes on fat Seul Bi, pretty clothes hung on elongated bamboo-sized Seul Bi. It also seems that the character, Moon Jung Won, still looks redundant after three episodes.  However, the episodes editing were good. Every episode wraps up to wet our anticipation for more. The theme and the premise are good. It feels a little like Swedish Laundry, with a moral story to tell. 

I just hope this story doesn't fall flat like the woodcutter drama 'next door'...

btw, i cannot accept Seul Bi walking out of the house in her different versions of sleeping gowns. OUCH! Over-sized people have self dignity, self consciousness too!

OST part 6 and 7

Yong Junhyung Looks Nervous As He Holds Chae Seo Jin’s Hand In “Coffee, Do Me a Favor”

Dec 16, 2018
by sala12

Recent stills from Channel A’s “Coffee, Do Me a Favor” shows Yong Junhyung (playing Im Hyun Woo) and Chae Seo Jin (playing Oh Go Eun) adorably holding hands!

Coffee-Do-Me-a-Favor2.jpg

In the released stills, Im Hyun Woo meets Oh Go Eun’s bright gaze as their hands interlock. Viewers can sense Im Hyun Woo’s anxiousness as he stares at Oh Go Eun’s hand. As Im Hyun Woo and Oh Go Eun shared their first kiss in the last episode, viewers are looking forward to seeing what has changed between their relationship. They’re especially curious to find out why the two are holding hands as there will be an unexpected hidden story behind it.

Coffee-Do-Me-a-Favor-2.jpg

Coffee-Do-Me-a-Favor-3.jpg

After going through various circumstances, Im Hyun Woo starts to care more for Oh Go Eun who’s come to replace Lee Seul Bi (played by Kim Min Young), the assistant he used to cherish. However, Im Hyun Woo isn’t aware that the two people are the same. Lee Seul Bi, in the form of Oh Go Eun, is getting closer to having Im Hyun Woo return her one-sided love for him.

The production staff of “Coffee, Do Me a Favor” said, “The reason for why the two are holding hands will be fun to watch. We hope viewers are looking forward to seeing how their relationship has subtly changed after their kiss.”

Yong Junhyung Grows Jealous Of Chae Seo Jin And Lee Tae Ri In “Coffee, Do Me A Favor”

Dec 15, 2018
by R. Choi

Yong Junhyung’s character is set to grow jealous in “Coffee, Do Me a Favor.”

The sixth episode of the Channel A drama, which is set to air on December 15, will show a change in how Yong Junhyung’s character Im Hyun Woo feels about Chae Seo Jin’s character Oh Go Eun.

In the released stills, Oh Go Eun and Moon Jung Won (Lee Tae Ri) are seen laughing side by side while at the studio. In another image, Moon Jung Won is seen working at a pub, while Oh Go Eun and Im Hyun Woo (Yong Junhyung) watch him with two very different expressions on their faces.

Coffee-Do-Me-A-Favor1.jpg

In a previous teaser, Oh Go Eun was also seen calling Moon Jung Won “Oppa,” which results in Im Hyun Woo’s jealousy, making viewers interested to see how his mentality will change as he is starting to care more about her. While Im Hyun Woo is a skilled webtoon writer, especially when it comes to pure, romance webtoons, he doesn’t really believe in love when it comes to it in reality.

source: soompi

It seems the drama only has 12 episodes and we're already at episode #8. He's fallen in love with slim *pretty* MC and has not even had a second fleeting thought about fat MC. The writers seem to believe she can only be happy when she's a size XS and them making the male MC falling in love with coffee version seems to confirm it. Even in "nice" clothes, they didn't bother to make her look decent. Fat people can wear nice clothes too, ya know? I had high hopes for this drama, but since it's supposed to be a romantic comedy, and he's falling in love with her fake version, my heart is not into this drama anymore.

The only way I'll start liking this drama again is if the skinny version disappears (like the next episode) and she goes into a journey or self-love and self-discovery. I want her to learn she's enough and she's awesome. I don't care for the male MC, he's meh. This story should show that you need to love and respect yourself instead of expecting others to do it. and why do they always show her stuffing herself? I'm pretty sure that her being fat has nothing to do for how much she eats. The writers are also saying it's her fault for being fat. People have different metabolisms and that doesn't seem to translate into the drama. If this truly is a romantic comedy, they should have shown him recognizing the traits of one in the other and ACTUALLY missing the richard simmons out of the fat MC, instead, he's just falling for the "prettier" version. It's infuriating, really.

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I actually had high hopes for this drama, mostly because I liked Yong Jun Hyung, and I even liked the chemistry between him and Kim Min Young in Monstar, despite their story line being one of KMY having an unrequited crush on YJH, much as in this drama's starting point.

I think it was initially being set up so that YJH's character actually liked KMY's character and even thought she was pretty, but he wasn't in love with her.  It seems to have taken KMY's character to transform into Choi Seo Jin's character via magic coffee in order for YJH to actually fall in love with her. I get the sense that after all of that, YJH will come to realize that he loves KMY's character regardless of whether she's played by KMY or CSJ, but given that he doesn't come to realize his feelings until the magical skinny version shows up, I'm not sure that I'm going to buy into any ending where YJH expresses preference for the KMY version rather than the magical version.

The issues with the main female character as played by KMY/CSJ is compounded by the fact that while CSJ is seen as being prettier and the more ideal body size, I guess, she's not as accomplished an actress, so it's actually boring to watch her onscreen. However, KMJ has so little screen time with YJH that any chemistry they might have had isn't being developed. So, the romance part of this is a hot mess.

The other thing that annoyed me about this drama actually is how willing to accept humiliation KMY's character is for the "sin" of being fat and thus not considered very pretty. This just feels like serious fat shaming with complicity by the victim. It's one thing to not be the ideal type, but I hate that the drama shows the victim as almost feeling of deserving of such gross treatment. And, that's just sad and infuriating, to the point that I'm not sure I would enjoy watching Lee Seul Bi even if she does find her true pride and own herself, her life, and her body as being worthy and fantastic, not when it takes magic, skinny, boring Lee Seul Bi to get her there and to win her the love of her life. Blech.

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I totally agree. At least according to k dramas, it seems to be a sin worse than death for a woman to not be skinny, and also not worthy of love, no matter how kind, how loving, how talented, and how competent she is.  However, since there are larger female entertainers, albeit usually as comedians, in k entertainment, I find that kind of attitude disturbing. Given that this drama is more than half over, I think, I don't see how the story can come back around so that Lee Seul Bi actually goes on a voyage of self discovery and love where she doesn't allow anyone to put her down while she smiles and does their bidding.

Yep this would have been amazing yet they go the typical disgusting route.Heck It would have been fine if he fell in love with both sides of her he still would have love the same person

On 12/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, stroppyse said:

The issues with the main female character as played by KMY/CSJ is compounded by the fact that while CSJ is seen as being prettier and the more ideal body size, I guess, she's not as accomplished an actress, so it's actually boring to watch her onscreen. However, KMJ has so little screen time with YJH that any chemistry they might have had isn't being developed. So, the romance part of this is a hot mess.

The other thing that annoyed me about this drama actually is how willing to accept humiliation KMY's character is for the "sin" of being fat and thus not considered very pretty. This just feels like serious fat shaming with complicity by the victim. It's one thing to not be the ideal type, but I hate that the drama shows the victim as almost feeling of deserving of such gross treatment. And, that's just sad and infuriating, to the point that I'm not sure I would enjoy watching Lee Seul Bi even if she does find her true pride and own herself, her life, and her body as being worthy and fantastic, not when it takes magic, skinny, boring Lee Seul Bi to get her there and to win her the love of her life. Blech.

....unfortunately it is for this reason, I have lost interest, skipped a couple of episodes and waited for this last episode. Kim Min-Young is such a confident actress that she really overshadows the grumpy-looking YJH and pretty vase CSJ. I hope Kim Min-Young gets into better projects in future.

Watching the last episode, I began to understand why "My Name is Kim Sam-Soon" is such a classic.

Archived