0ly40

SBS Drama

Two Lives One Heart

photo1003079.jpg

흉부외과

Network: SBS

Episodes: 32

Release Date: September 27th - November 15th, 2018

Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 22:00 (35 minutes / 2 episodes per day)

Directed by: Jo Young Gwang

Written by: Choi Soo Jin

Synopsis:

Park Tae-Soo works as a fellow in thoracic surgery. His mother is in need of a heart transplant and he desperately wants to save her. A professor of thoracic surgery holds ultimate authority over Park Tae-Soo. A woman, who survived from near death, chooses to become a resident of thoracic surgery.

Cast:

Ko Soo - Park Tae-Soo

Uhm Ki-Joon - Choi Seok-Han

Seo Ji-Hye - Yoon Soo-Yeon

Kim Ye-Won - An Ji-Na

Jung Bo-Suk - Yoon Hyun-Il

Nam Kyoung-Eub - Yoon Hyun-Mok

Ahn Nae-Sang - Koo Hee-Dong

Jang So-Yeon - Kang Eun-Sook

Lee Jae-Won - Nam Woo-Jin

Source: asianwiki and ahjummamshies

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Thoracic Surgery, 흉부외과, Wed & Thu 22:00 KST - Premiers in September - Cast: Go Soo
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

source: dramabeans

Eom Ki-joon reunites with Defendant team for new SBS medical drama

by tipsymocha

eomkijoon-thoracicsurgery.jpg

Fans of last year’s Defendant will be happy to hear that the show’s PD and writer duo will be joining forces once again for an upcoming medical show. And that another Defendant alum, Eom Ki-joon (I’m Not a Robot), has confirmed a role in the drama, quite literally titled Thoracic Surgery. Thankfully, it’s still a working title that’s subject to change, so I’m hoping they get a better name before they start their run.

The drama’s tagline reads “two lives but just one heart,” which I suspect might be a reference to Go Soo’s (The Fortress) character, a fellow in the thoracic surgery department, whose mother is waiting for a viable heart for a transplant. He’ll come up against Eom Ki-joon’s character, a full-fledged surgeon in the same department who is renowned for his skills but doesn’t receive the respect he deserves because of his less-than-prestigious academic background. The two start out on good terms, with Go Soo looking up to him, but when Eom Ki-joon’s character decides to grab an opportunity to better his life and career, they start going down different paths.

Eom Ki-joon may not be pulling double duty this time with dual twin roles, but his character description sounds like something right up his alley, and I look forward to seeing him go up against Go Soo. I’m also waiting to see who will fill the female lead role, described as someone “living a second life due to a miracle,” but so far, I’m liking the cast and trust that this director (Jo Young-kwang) and writers (Choi Soo-jin, Choi Chang-hwan) will create a compelling story.

Thoracic Surgery is slated to take over SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday slot sometime in September.

Seo Ji-Hye cast in SBS drama series “Thoracic Surgery”

Thoracic_Surgery-TS111.jpg

Seo Ji Hye is cast for the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “thoracic Surgery” co-starring Go Soo and Uhm Ki Joon. For the drama series, Seo Ji-Hye will play a prideful thoracic surgeon. She creates a dilemma in the drama series story.

“Thoracic Surgery” first airs September, 2018 in South Korea. Source: asianwiki

I can’t wait for this! My Ko Soo is back in another drama! I’m so exciting! I hope the storyline could pull me through the whole drama! I wasn’t feeling The Flower in Prison at all! I’m glad it only took about two years for Ko Soo to return to dramas! Thank you for the thread!

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/05/go-soo-talks-make-first-drama-comeback-2-years/

Update: Go Soo Confirmed To Take Role In First Drama In 2 Years

go-soo1.jpg

Updated June 14 KST:

SBS has confirmed that Go Soo will be appearing in the network’s upcoming drama “Cardiothoracic Surgery” (literal translation)!

A source from the drama said, “After Go Soo received an offer for the role of Tae Soo, he very much enjoyed reading the synopsis and script. That is why the decision that he will be appearing in the drama was made so quickly.”

Original Article:

Go Soo is in talks to make his first drama comeback in two years.

On June 5, a source from a broadcasting station stated that the actor had received an offer for the upcoming SBS drama “Cardiothoracic Surgery” and shared, “He’s discussing it positively at the moment.”

On the same day, his agency BH Entertainment confirmed, “Go Soo has received an offer for ‘Cardiothoracic Surgery’ and is currently reviewing it.” If he joins the drama, it will be his first drama in two years.

“Cardiothoracic Surgery” will reunite director Jo Young Gwang and writers Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan of SBS’s “Defendant.” The drama is slated to air this September and will be about a cardiothoracic fellow whose mother is waiting for a heart transplant, a cardiothoracic attending who holds absolute authority over his fellows, and a cardiothoracic resident who miraculously escaped death and chose to become a doctor.

Go Soo debuted in 1998 and has appeared in various dramas such as “Piano,” “Age of Innocence,” “When A Man Loves A Woman,” “Will It Snow For Christmas?” “The Golden Empire,” and “The Flower in Prison.” He starred in films “Lucid Dream,” “The Tooth and the Nail,” and “The Fortress” last year.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Thoracic Surgery, 흉부외과 - Wed & Thu 22:00 KST - Go Soo, Seo Ji Hye and Uhm Ki Joon - Premiers in October
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Thoracic Surgery / Two Lives, One Heart, 흉부외과 - Wed & Thu 22:00 KST - Go Soo, Seo Ji Hye and Uhm Ki Joon - Premiers in October

First script reading for SBS drama series “Two Lives One Heart”

Two-Lives-One-Heart-SR333.jpg

First script reading for SBS drama series “Two Lives One Heart” (literal title “Thoracic Surgery”) took place early August, 2018 in South Korea. Main cast members Ko Soo, Uhm Ki-Joon, Seo Ji-Hye, Kim Ye-Won, Jung Bo-Suk, Nam Kyoung-Eub and Jang So-Yeon all attended. Right before the script reading started, Ko Soo stated “I hope we care for each other until the end of filming.” Uhm Ki-Joon and Seo Ji-Hye both stated they would do their best for the drama series.

“Two Lives One Heart” first airs October, 2018 in South Korea.

source: asianwiki

Awe, it feels so nice to see Ko Soo! No matter how much I love Ko Soo, I really really hope the storyline could pull me through the whole drama! Defendant's storyline was so good so I'm assuming this drama will be just as good! I will just have to wait and see!

1 hour ago, mimii89 said:

So happy to see that Seo Ji Hye is the female lead.

Amen! Loved her in  Punch, She was the only reason I started Jealousy Incarnate, and her awesome role and performance got me through half the Drama, before the awfulnss of the male lead forced me to drop it. And of course she was great in  Yeah That's How It Is, even if I'm one of the three people who actually saw that Drama. :)

4 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Amen! Loved her in  Punch, She was the only reason I started Jealousy Incarnate, and her awesome role and performance got me through half the Drama, before the awfulnss of the male lead forced me to drop it. And of course she was great in  Yeah That's How It Is, even if I'm one of the three people who actually saw that Drama. :)

Same. I loved her in Punch. 

First teaser is out at asianwiki! It’s also on YouTube. Looks so good! Reminds me of Doctor Stranger!

Two_Lives_One_Heart-p1.jpg

SEPTEMBER 6 2018

Teaser trailer for SBS drama series “Two Lives One Heart”

Two_Lives_One_Heart-SI111.jpg

Teaser trailer added for SBS drama series “Two Lives One Heart” starring Ko Soo, Uhm Ki-Joonand Seo Ji-Hye. The literal title of the drama series is “Thoracic Surgery.” Around the 26 second mark of the teaser trailer, Korean caption appears that states “Two lives, only one heart.”

Meanwhile, above is 6 character cuts from the drama series. The character cuts are of Ko Soo, Uhm Ki-Joon and Seo Ji-Hye.

“Two Lives One Heart” first airs October, 2018 in South Korea.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Two Lives One Heart aka Thoracic Surgery, 흉부외과 - Wed & Thu 22:00 KST - Go Soo, Seo Ji Hye and Uhm Ki Joon - Premieres in October

Froom soompi.

78f7527cedd74cdb99965b79bbe099fc.jpeg?s=

Watch: Go Soo, Uhm Ki Joon, And Seo Ji Hye Face Unexpected Situations In Intense Teaser For “Two Lives One Heart”

DRAMA PREVIEW

Sep 6, 2018

by esspee

Upcoming SBS drama “Two Lives One Heart” has released an exciting second teaser.

“Two Lives One Heart” tells the story of cardiothoracic surgeons who struggle with balancing their personal lives with the life-and-death situations they face every day on the operating table.

The teaser begins with some scenes from SBS hit drama “Defendant” to show that writers Choi Soo Jin and Choi Chang Hwan and producer Jo Young Kwang have teamed up once again for another drama viewers can look forward to.

After the words, “This time, we’re stealing hearts,” appear on the screen, viewers are given a glimpse at the intense situations at the cardiothoracic wing of the hospital.

As the scene of a surgery unfolds, Go Soo says, “I’ll take this heart.” He drives away with the heart placed inside of a cooler which leads to Uhm Ki Joon angrily shouting over the phone, “Bring that heart and come back right now!”

Seo Ji Hye then runs down the hospital hallway and gives CPR to an unconscious patient. She says, “Bring it. We have to put it in now.” With tears streaming down his face, Go Soo says, “I’m going to save my mom” as the teaser comes to an end.

A source from the drama said, “In this teaser, we showed Tae Soo, Suk Han, and Soo Yeon’s intense and hectic lives. We hope you’ll look forward to ‘Two Lives One Heart’ which will be another well-made drama following ‘Defendant.'”

“Two Lives One Heart” will premiere sometime in September as the follow-up drama to “Your Honor.” Check out the second teaser now!

im looking forward to this for seo ji hye but i hope its not like a lot of medical dramas where more than half the episodes are surgery scenes. i hate all that blood and guts and theyre not medically authentis anyway so i hope they focus on the people not the fake surgery

Archived