Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

Recommended Posts

Last night i was flipping through the tv channel when i see that there's a re-run of an old series "Charmed", i don't know if anyone here familiar with the series. It used to be my fav show when i was a teenager, back in the 90's. Anyway, Charmed is a series about three sisters who are witches, good witches. Prue, Phoebe and Piper.

 

In last night episode, it was showed a young chinese man named Mark talking with his mom, then he went to work. In a deserted alley, he was mugged by a gang, and shot to death. When his body laid lifelessly, his soul came out of his body and he watched how they burned his body. After that he tried to talk to every psychics in town but no one can see him, until he met Piper (the youngest of the sisters) and Phoebe at a hotel. They CAN see him. So he's following Phoebe around to ask her to find his body (sounds familiar?). At first Phoebe doesn't believe thay he was a ghost until a car run passed through his body. So she tried to help him, finding his body and evidence of the crime that happened to him.

 

Apparently the gang leader was trying to fake his death and used Mark's body to decieve the police.

Long story sort, they found the evidence and Phoebe put it on Andy's desk at the police station. Andy is Prue's (the oldest of the three) boyfriend and a police inspector. Then Phoebe and Mark back at her house and Mark said that if only they met when he's still alive, and they wanted to kiss but sadly they can't. Unlike Da Il and Yeo Wool, they can't touch each other. Mark can't touch any objects and Phoebe has to open and close the door (house, car door) for him but he can sit on the chair or any hard objects (again, familiar?), Andy even caught her talking to herself (when actually she's talking to Mark while opening the car door for him).

 

Prue with her ability to move objects with her mind, Phoebe with her ability to freeze time and Piper who has ability to see the future, all helping Mark to find his body and justice for him. 
In the end they found his body and his mom was able to make a proper burial service for his son. Phoebe having a break down because she's in love with a ghost and now he's gone ..

 

So there are a lot of similarities with this story and The Ghost Detective, do you think the writer might be inspired by this story?

But i really hope the ending would be different from the charmed one, I'll be devastating if YW had to let Da Il go, like Phoebe did ..
 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear @kaedechan :wub:

 

I've read your whole comment.. You've done a great job by shorten out the whole story to few paras..

 

YES, you are right.! It's completely the story of "the ghost detective" so far.. Only she can see him, he only can sit on solid objects and she's in love with him except they can touch each other.. BUT THE ENDING IS SO SAD FOR "CHARMED".. May we never get this ending on our "the ghost detective" ..! :( But what if it is..?!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! :unsure: I don't want a sad ending for Da Il & Yeo Wool.. They are meant to be together.. :wub:

 

So please writer-nim, Let them have each other at the end!! Or I'll never forgive you, never :crazy:

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Last night i was flipping through the tv channel when i see that there's a re-run of an old series "Charmed", i don't know if anyone here familiar with the series. It used to be my fav show when i was a teenager, back in the 90's. Anyway, Charmed is a series about three sisters who are witches, good witches. Prue, Phoebe and Piper.

 

In last night episode, it was showed a young chinese man named Mark talking with his mom, then he went to work. In a deserted alley, he was mugged by a gang, and shot to death. When his body laid lifelessly, his soul came out of his body and he watched how they burned his body. After that he tried to talk to every psychics in town but no one can see him, until he met Piper (the youngest of the sisters) and Phoebe at a hotel. They CAN see him. So he's following Phoebe around to ask her to find his body (sounds familiar?). At first Phoebe doesn't believe thay he was a ghost until a car run passed through his body. So she tried to help him, finding his body and evidence of the crime that happened to him.

 

Apparently the gang leader was trying to fake his death and used Mark's body to decieve the police.

Long story sort, they found the evidence and Phoebe put it on Andy's desk at the police station. Andy is Prue's (the oldest of the three) boyfriend and a police inspector. Then Phoebe and Mark back at her house and Mark said that if only they met when he's still alive, and they wanted to kiss but sadly they can't. Unlike Da Il and Yeo Wool, they can't touch each other. Mark can't touch any objects and Phoebe has to open and close the door (house, car door) for him but he can sit on the chair or any hard objects (again, familiar?), Andy even caught her talking to herself (when actually she's talking to Mark while opening the car door for him).

 

Prue with her ability to move objects with her mind, Phoebe with her ability to freeze time and Piper who has ability to see the future, all helping Mark to find his body and justice for him. 
In the end they found his body and his mom was able to make a proper burial service for his son. Phoebe having a break down because she's in love with a ghost and now he's gone ..

 

So there are a lot of similarities with this story and The Ghost Detective, do you think the writer might be inspired by this story?

But i really hope the ending would be different from the charmed one, I'll be devastating if YW had to let Da Il go, like Phoebe did ..
 

OMG!!! Charmed was a very famous drama series at my place.. I like this drama series. They got another younger sister after Prue dead. Is really sad when Prue dead.. 

 

Anyway back to TGD, If they really follow Charmed's plot,  I think I'm gonna be very very mad.. Please don't writer-nim.. This is KBS story, don't follow other broadcast network...:bawling:  Our heart can't take it.. (I got a lot disappointed ending at other broadcast network...) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

YES YES YES... Can't wait to see Da Il & SWH's high dynamic visuals!! ( some fans are shipping them )... :wub: And as from the preview, looks like Jeong Dae is telling SWH about Da Il... But it could be to someone else also... Like to hyung or someone other than SWH..! But if Jeong Dae is possessed by SWH, then there's no hope :cold_sweat:

i was shipping then but haven't watched the show after ep 8..

lol. to me (and i don't care about the other ship) they seem to have more chemistry, visuals, crazy mentality alignment.. etc :)

 

But m more impressed with the fact that ghost lady is over 40, seo taiji's ex wife right.. she still looks so so so pretty

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i was shipping then but haven't watched the show after ep 8..

lol. to me (and i don't care about the other ship) they seem to have more chemistry, visuals, crazy mentality alignment.. etc :)

 

But m more impressed with the fact that ghost lady is over 40, seo taiji's ex wife right.. she still looks so so so pretty

 

Yes.. She is already 40... But so beautiful :heart: Some people are shipping them, but... My ship is Da Il & Yeo Wool :wub:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

 

Yes.. She is already 40... But so beautiful :heart: Some people are shipping them, but... My ship is Da Il & Yeo Wool :wub:

I ship DI and YW too, even in the real life :heart:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So correct @chuscho...

 

Daniel & Eun Bin's chemistry is electrifying... :wub:

So we can't help but ship them for real...!

 

No doubt, they are match made in heaven & their eyes say it all :heart:

 

My favorite scenes of them from the series..!! :love:

 

44093857_2075612439416958_34710763554021

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kaedechan said:

So there are a lot of similarities with this story and The Ghost Detective, do you think the writer might be inspired by this story?

But i really hope the ending would be different from the charmed one, I'll be devastating if YW had to let Da Il go, like Phoebe did ..

 

That's a really interesting connection!  There are so many similarities.  But I surely do hope the end would be different.  

 

Since the writer for Ghost Detective has already had one instance of "borrowing" (that scene from the movie Ghost where the ML learns how to use ghostly powers--our writer actually lifted the whole scene and much of the dialogue, and that's not only bad form but illegal), I would not be surprised if our writer has used other movies or TV shows for "inspiration."  To tell the truth, I love TGD but I am a little concerned about writer-nim.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't agree with you more @thistle... I hope the writer-nim would give us a proper ending here :unsure:

 

And speaking of "the ghost detective"...

  • Yeo Wool has a direct link with SWH that Yeo Wool is the chosen one for killing SWH. But what's the direct link between Da Il & SWH..?! And also why does SWH try so hard to make Ha Eun's CEO dad go bankrupt..?!
  • Da Il said Jeong Dae to kill him... But Da Il didn't kill anyone & he doesn't have any object to be stabbed with.. So Chae Won should be a genius to decide how to... :huh:
  • And by chance, If Yeo Wool possesses with SWH's evil spirit then what will Da Il do..?! Chae Won suggests him to kill Yeo Wool.. Will he really do that..?! I hope not... How can he live without her..?! :wub:

One more day to go..!!. So many things to discover here... Suspense is rising :heart:  Feel so sad at the same time that we're near the ending of the series... :cold_sweat:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

But Da Il didn't kill anyone & he doesn't have any object to be stabbed with.

 

What about the knife he used to stab SWH?  He hid it in the fake book in his office, and YW found it.

This is Not to say that I would ever want him to be killed--it's just that there is a weapon that might work.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago, I watched a really good Japanese drama that had a character that was so hateful that I have never been able to watch that actress in anything else.   All I can see when she is on the screen is the horrible shrew who caused turmoil--doesn't matter which role she is playing now; she is still the shrew.  Presumably, this means that the actress did a great job in that role because she made such an impression on me.

 

So, apologies to Lee Ji Ah, but my reaction to her will undoubtedly be the same because the actress is now SWH in my eyes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thistle said:

 

What about the knife he used to stab SWH?  He hid it in the fake book in his office, and YW found it.

This is Not to say that I would ever want him to be killed--it's just that there is a weapon that might work.

OMG! That could be a deadly weapon for Da II. :scream: Oh No~~  Will Kim Gyeol found it? Seen he will be at their house.. :tears:

 

Hahaha @thistle:sweat_smile: Surely that actress performance  really deeply impact :sweat_smile:  Mean they did a good job for their character.. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really forgot that Da Il stabbed someone with a knife @thistle... But she didn't die so, what about killing him with that knife..?! I think we should wait for Chae Won :o

 

And yes.. We always remember actors with their first appearance... And it's so natural :D And this is my time watching Lee Ji Ah so, it's the same for me... We hate her so much that now we can't bare her in anywhere... Which means that she's doing her job to the extend :love: And she's already 40... But so beautiful :wub: I couldn't believe that she's a lot older than all the young cast here...!!!

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the actress playing SWH is genius. Both the 12-year old and the the older one. I really feel frightened from their smile :) excellent job. I hope Lee Ji Ah gets an award :) 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thistle said:

Years ago, I watched a really good Japanese drama that had a character that was so hateful that I have never been able to watch that actress in anything else.   All I can see when she is on the screen is the horrible shrew who caused turmoil--doesn't matter which role she is playing now; she is still the shrew.  Presumably, this means that the actress did a great job in that role because she made such an impression on me.

 

So, apologies to Lee Ji Ah, but my reaction to her will undoubtedly be the same because the actress is now SWH in my eyes.

With all respect to your opinion, but as a lee ji ah fan, I hope you give her a chance, try to watch her old dramas, she is completely different, I think you will change your mind and love her.. have you seen her BTS clip that kbs released? she is so funny and even childish.. isn't she?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone guess the link between SWH & KIm Gyeol..?! SWH said that her brother died so, he can't be her brother.. And why the heck he's teaming up with the woman who killed his beloved girlfriend..?! :crazy: Now it looks like as if he was under the control of SWH since the very beginning of Yi Rang's lose...!! His bracelet has something to do with SWH.. And so is Yi Rang's hearing aid.. Both are Yi Rang's belongings.. :mellow:

 

Hope we'll get to find answers tomorrow... Can't wait :love:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...