[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

42 minutes ago, blademan said:

He got buried alive...? But I doubt it was the kindergarten teacher who did it.

There are my suspicions...

1. The hammer hit on his head

2. The fact that he buried alive

3. He did bite the possessed dog.... (hope everyone missed that part)

Maybe the 3rd one is the culprit for him...??!! Or something else we don't even imagine.... By the way, Daniel's acting is splendid!!!!!! So is Eun Bin's facial expressions.. So how come they don't fall in love.... :heart:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, Irly said:

I think he knows. He looked somewhat surprised when he could take hearing aid. He deliberately make for sure to be behind her when they walk through the door. I think he cannot pass through the doors by himself. Unlike the other ghost in movies he strikingly corporeal. Yes, sometimes he forget about his condition, but that completely understandable. 

I'm also about 99% sure he knew he was dead, or heavily suspected and didn't want to confirm it for sure. It seems he was in the room the whole time that Yeo Wool was talking to that child, and he'd been shadowing her and the case the whole day. So he was pretty sure he was dead but when Yeo Wool actually responded to him maybe he thought that he was overthinking it, or hit his head too hard. And then he could pick up the hearing aid and he thought maybe it's a weird object or maybe...he isn't really dead. But in the back of his head he knew, just didn't want to accept, so he went with her all day doing case stuff but subconsciously made sure to not have to do things by himself. He tells her to get the phone and text. He tells her what they're going to do but never leads, always follows behind her so she has to do everything physical first. He stands far enough away when she's talking to people that it would be realistic and not too weird if people ignored him. I think it was just as much to make sure she didn't know as it was him trying to convince himself it wasn't true. And he convinced himself pretty well and wasn't thinking about it in the chase with skeevy manager so when he hand went through him...it was like a final confirmation. He really has to confront it now.

I think he's dead for real, if it's permanent I'm not sure but I think it's true :( sad but it makes for an interesting dynamic! So. Silver linings. 

17 minutes ago, bkchild said:

I'm also about 99% sure he knew he was dead, or heavily suspected and didn't want to confirm it for sure. It seems he was in the room the whole time that Yeo Wool was talking to that child, and he'd been shadowing her and the case the whole day. So he was pretty sure he was dead but when Yeo Wool actually responded to him maybe he thought that he was overthinking it, or hit his head too hard. And then he could pick up the hearing aid and he thought maybe it's a weird object or maybe...he isn't really dead. But in the back of his head he knew, just didn't want to accept, so he went with her all day doing case stuff but subconsciously made sure to not have to do things by himself. He tells her to get the phone and text. He tells her what they're going to do but never leads, always follows behind her so she has to do everything physical first. He stands far enough away when she's talking to people that it would be realistic and not too weird if people ignored him. I think it was just as much to make sure she didn't know as it was him trying to convince himself it wasn't true. And he convinced himself pretty well and wasn't thinking about it in the chase with skeevy manager so when he hand went through him...it was like a final confirmation. He really has to confront it now.

I think he's dead for real, if it's permanent I'm not sure but I think it's true :( sad but it makes for an interesting dynamic! So. Silver linings. 

Yes... you are right... He knew it from the beginning that he isn't a human... And when Yeo Wool was talking to that child, someone was watching from the outside... And it's him. Now he has super powers to overcome human activities... But when he touched her hand & could touch the earpiece.. So he should've confused about his states... He refrains all the physical touches & leave them to Yeo Wool.. poor guy...!! I feel so sad for him.. But there should be a fair explanation for his current state... Maybe it's temporary until he catches the lady in red... This twist has made the story even more dramatically interested....!!! Looking forward.....

He suspected that he was dead but after meeting YW, he thought that he could have been mistaken. Notice how he breathed heavily after being put on the floor. He is wondering in what kind of state he is... Moreover, he was surprised that he could touch her.

I have been wondering if the red lady ghost is able to possess people who are innocent. I can not imagine that the kindergarten teacher would be such a cruel person from the start. Then the child and YW's sister seem to be innocent as well. So maybe the red lady is able to influence them because they are innocent. The second observation is that she can influence people who are connected to each other:

- the sister

- the son of the manager

- the manager

- the director of that kindergarden

- the dog

- the kindergarden teacher

They are all linked to each other... the question is: what is the link between the kindergarten and YW's sister?

Exactly, "where does it leave poor Da -il future"

I have been towing this line by hancinema too.

He is just a good and upright man that wants to help the needy obtain justice. Why will this writer kill him off? 

When  dramas makes  viewers think outside the box cos the drama is not predictable, that's solid writing I must admit. 

@gm4queen, I haven't checked him out lately. There are people I was hoping and praying to grace my screen before the year runs out and he was among them. And he is greatly loved and respected in k entertainment.

He shouldn't waste time like the rest pls and go and marry. Want to see his kids.

Your words about Choi Daniel are so beautiful @darr.... It's been only 2 yrs since I know him b'cause of KBS World in my country.... :wub:. Since then He is my only favorite K-Actor in K-Dramaland.... I am so glad to get to know him... He is very well-mannered, down to earth & handsome young guy... Unlike other babyfaced K-actors(srry for using such words), he has his his own identity. With his trademark eyeglasses, he's become the most handsome guy in eyeglasses in Korea & he knows it :D. As you said, he is greatly loved and respected in K-Entertainment.. but he deserves lot more than that.. Specially the more international popularity....

And he's said himself in an interview that he needs a well-mannered, down to earth & kind woman to marry... I really hope he meets his dream woman soon... I too really want to see him falling in love in the real world :heart:. And that woman should be really lucky to have him....!!

I just finished episodes 1 and 2 haha I thought I won't be able to get through it but I did but I cheat though lots of covering eyes as its not really my favorite genre omg :D I watch it because of eun bin after watching I got hooked it's interesting, I was wondering why the title was like that then I though maybe because eun bin can see ghost and because Choil Daniel's disappearance after a case so that's why the title is like that but after watching the end of ep 4 and finding out he can't touch the manager so that means he is dead and a ghost already haha what a twist,  :o

It's 2 days more.... Can't wait to see what's ahead for our OTP :D. Is it too early to call them our OTP....?? Of course, they can touch each other & that's the key to something more... I think they two are so cute together. Remember the fight scene in ep 2....????!! They both were so naughty there on the screen... I've never seen Daniel in such a fierce mode :D. I really wish them to be our newest OTP.....

Daniel :heart: Eun Bin.....!!!!!!!

WOAH!!! There is more.... She will be playing Da Il's mom....??? Will she able to see Da Il???!!! Or will she be only in flashbacks with Da Il????!!! Now, I am even more curious over the plot.........

I am missing the comic scenes of Da Il & Hyung duo.... They are so perfect for each other. And How can hyung communicate with Da Il now...?? Is he also can interact with ghosts...?? At first, I thought Daniel is a detective who catches ghosts... But now the title has its original meaning....!!!

And I am also honestly looking forward for a love line between DA Il & Yeo Wool now, not between anyone else....!! Daniel would be a perfect on screen boyfriend for Eun Bin with his sexy beard look... :tounge_wink:.. He is even more handsome in here than in his previous K-drama....!!

He he... Looks like I am the one who post the most comments on this thread.......!!!!!!!! But I can't help it... I am desperate to see Daniel on my monitor screen...!! How can a girl not falling for that hot guy...??!! :love:.. Waiting......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@gm4queen  I think comments will increase once we get more to discuss. This week’s episodes will do that. I don’t know how I feel yet about the preview since it shows YW by herself investigating even though I know Da II must be with her but as a ghost. I accepted it already but I’m waiting to see their dynamic as partners. Fortunately YW said she’s trained in some fighting skill so I hope it won’t be too dangerous on her own. Then again, sometimes ghosts can protect a living person in their own way. I don’t agree with any detective or cop performing investigations in a dangerous situation without a partner. 

I am over curious about the plot, so just happened to read the wiki very carefully..... It says that "Lee Da Il is a sharp and tenacious detective who displays his abilities only when he is investigating a case that interests him.".... Does it mean that turning in to a ghost also is a one of his special abilities....????!! May be he has his own power to turn in to a ghost when he wants.....!! And hyung said that Da Il disappears every time he investigate a dangerous case.... May be this is the most dangerous case for him. So he became a ghost and maybe want to assure something for the lady in red..... And if he is a real ghost, he won't be able to touch the ear piece, sit on a chair/car, feel the pain & he even wanted to talk to the manager..... How can he talk to someone if he is a ghost...???!!!!

And I don't know if I am breaking the rules here by posting one of screenshots... In the screenshot, one of his image is pretty solid, but the other one is see-through..... Which means he is a human & a ghost at the same time...??!! :o WOAH... this is getting even more interesting....!! I hope we get more information about Da Il's sudden evaluation........

41326727_2056782194633316_82706944875466

Ghost detective:grimace:

Mum will have a flashback.

Our lead girl will be communicating with half human half ghost.

That reminds me, she isn't afraid of ghost?

What manner of girl is she please?

If it's me, I would have fainted:D

She is very comfortable telling a ghost he is a ghost:lol:

At the end of the day, it's the ghost that might be afraid that he is a ghost:lol:

What kind of drama is this?:lol:

(Drama doesn't make sense, so I'm free to ramble as usual:D. We don't even have a theory. How can we make a premise on a ghost.

A ghost that a certain human can see or touch)

I'm waiting for the writer. At this point I can believe anything he or she says.

I will like to know more about this writer.

Maybe he or she watched too many sci fi as a kid:lol:

Couldn't see his profile but saw his drama "wanted". It's a detective kind of drama so I may mot be wrong about the guy watching too much sci fi as a child:D.

It looked like a solid drama too.

Since the writer of this drama has already hit us with a great big sneaky twist within the first two days, I'm thinking that we have only begun to scratch the surface here.  If writer-nim has messed with us once, we're gonna get messed with again so it looks like we need to be ready for that.

Here is my "out of left field" thinking for right now (I could very well be guessing wrong, and I probably will be but, to be fair to myself, I did guess absolutely right about Da Il being dead): 

What if Da Il is the "ghost detective" because he catches ghosts but Not because he is a ghost himself? 

Yes, he is dead BUT what if he is atoning for the way he died (suicide?) by becoming a ghost catcher or something like a Grim Reaper.  We've seen similar characters on other dramas (Goblin, for example) who can seem human but aren't and who have a job to do after death because they can't move on due to the manner in which they have died.  Writers can do different things with these types of unreal characters and can bend rules about what they can and cannot do--this would explain some of the inconsistencies about what Da Il is capable or.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the Red Lady is an evil spirit of some sort rather than a mere ghost.  That might explain why she is able to take possession of other people and of that poor dog.

There's a lot going on here.  Anything could happen next!

21 hours ago, thistle said:

Since the writer of this drama has already hit us with a great big sneaky twist within the first two days, I'm thinking that we have only begun to scratch the surface here.  If writer-nim has messed with us once, we're gonna get messed with again so it looks like we need to be ready for that.

Here is my "out of left field" thinking for right now (I could very well be guessing wrong, and I probably will be but, to be fair to myself, I did guess absolutely right about Da Il being dead): 

What if Da Il is the "ghost detective" because he catches ghosts but Not because he is a ghost himself? 

Yes, he is dead BUT what if he is atoning for the way he died (suicide?) by becoming a ghost catcher or something like a Grim Reaper.  We've seen similar characters on other dramas (Goblin, for example) who can seem human but aren't and who have a job to do after death because they can't move on due to the manner in which they have died.  Writers can do different things with these types of unreal characters and can bend rules about what they can and cannot do--this would explain some of the inconsistencies about what Da Il is capable or.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the Red Lady is an evil spirit of some sort rather than a mere ghost.  That might explain why she is able to take possession of other people and of that poor dog.

There's a lot going on here.  Anything could happen next!

Your idea made me think and I came to realize that we never saw the face of the person burying him. We all assumed that the teacher buried him. On the other hand, the dog's corpse was still at the kindergarten. So why not bury both then?

Therefore I had this crazy idea:

1. What if someone else intervened and wanted him to be a ghost in order to catch the red lady?
  2. Maybe there is someone else who is after the red lady. I doubt that all this started with YW's sister... I can also imagine that someone must have experienced something similar and has more experiences with ghosts and knows more about the red lady. Therefore, when the person discovered Da Il's body, this person saw a chance to have an ally. Notice that no one knew about Da Il's whereabouts except YW. We heard that he has no real family hence no one from his family would be looking for him. This person knew about that. In order to become a ghost, you need to bury the body in a particular place. The person didn't bury Da Il very deeply and it was surrounded by a certain plant. The person knew how to create a ghost...

I've never seen so many conclusions about a drama.... Yes, this is the uniqueness about "The Ghost Detective"...!!! I've read all your ideas... And I was posting my point of view before, hope you haven't seen it though...!! All I have to say is Da Il is a very capable person... He can turn himself in to a ghost when he needs...??!! A ghost to catch a ghost...!!!! This is the perfect combination. He surely knows that he can touch anything, but he is refraining anything from touching b'cause of a reason.... Maybe he wants Yeo Wool to be known as he is dead..??!! And the lady in red can definitely posses people... which means she isn't an ordinary ghost. Perhaps an evil spirit with a revengeful intention...??!! I hope we all get more info this week about all the characters....

And I am highly unfamiliar with 2 episodes back to back mode, since all Choi Daniel's dramas were so far a single one hour dramas... And I am bit surprised that the ratings got a little low... Looks like people asking subtitles in different languages for this drama is the reason to have low ratings...??!! It clearly indicates that the drama's already gaining a global popularity...!!!! It's very great for the team.... I hope the rating go high for real so that everyone can work on it with a relieved mind...!!!!!!! Now, I am even more excited about this wonderful drama.... And I need a love line too :tounge_wink:

I loved Park Fun Bin's portrayal of her character in AOY and I'm happy to see her paired with one of my favs.

I have a crush on Choi Daniel since "Babyfaced Beauty", so seing him in this drama, without glasses and with facial hair is making me all hot and bothered...That 6th sens plot twist was amazing! I actually love it! It will make the leads dynamic so special...she is the only one that can see and touch him (for now) ...gaaah gimme aaalll the love and angst asap! If people recently were able to ship a robot and a girl (in Are you human?) there is no stopping me from shipping a goddabmnhot ghost and a girl xD

Choi Daniel, who became a ghost in Today's Detective, meets Kim Won Hae.

201809110801773953_5b96f85899e4a.jpg

In the last episode, Lee Da Il (Choi Daniel) was killed while he was investigating the "child disappearance case", and it turned out that he became a ghost, shocking viewers. Currently, only Jung Yeo Wool ( Park Eun Bin)  knows the death of Lee Da Il. and she can see and talk about Ghost Da Il (Choi Daniel). "In this week's broadcast, Han Sang-Sub (Kim Won Hae) finds about Da Il's death
https://news.joins.com/article/22959611

I still can`t accept that Da Il died. Why he is eating? A ghost doesn`t need food. Poor detective Han! He lost his friend and partner.

1 hour ago, larus said:

.....I still can`t accept that Da Il died. Why he is eating? A ghost doesn`t need food. Poor detective Han! He lost his friend and partner.

A ghost doesn't need food but we certainly can't have a KDrama without Subway!  ;)

And, really, I absolutely can't accept it either.  Took me a couple of days to go back and watch episode 3/4 once I found out he was dead.  I still want to watch this drama but I will probably stay upset for awhile because I felt that the viewers were being tricked, and I do Not like a tricky writer because it's impossible to trust that the show will go well in the long run.

6 hours ago, larus said:

I still can`t accept that Da Il died. Why he is eating? A ghost doesn`t need food. Poor detective Han! He lost his friend and partner.

In the pic above you posted, is hyung crying...??? He probably finds about Da Il's death & bust in to tears.... He doesn't even know that he is right in front of him, since he can't see him.... But Yeo Wool can see him, but looks like she is also sad for him.... I don't don't know you guys remember this.... But there is a behind the scenes pic of them three with Yeo Wool & hyung digging something & Da Il standing beside them....??!! Looks like they were at the place where Da Il was buried.....!!!!! What a plot.!!!!

And how come he eats when he is a ghost...??!! He can't be a ghost for sure....!! I still think it's one of his special abilities that he sometimes can turn in to a ghost....!! Who knows....???? Anything is possible.... After all, this is K-Drama land......!! Can't wait for today's eps :)

Archived