[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

1 hour ago, triplem said:

If you guys look at the character chart on the first page of this thread , there’s no love line btwn the leads . She & the other guy has a heart sign. So Daniel’s character could very well be dead.....

But the heart and the arrow go Only from the other guy to her (not reciprocated), so this could be a fooler.  Sometimes correlation charts are made to leave questions, and this could be one of them.

Bad me maybe but I want to see a romance with Choi Daniel--that's what I started watching for.  I am still seriously annoyed that his character is dead.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thistle said:

But the heart and the arrow go Only from the other guy to her (not reciprocated), so this could be a fooler.  Sometimes correlation charts are made to leave questions, and this could be one of them.

Bad me maybe but I want to see a romance with Choi Daniel--that's what I started watching for.  I am still seriously annoyed that his character is dead.

I feel you. I love his rugged look quite a bit in this drama and it’s such a waste if nothing on the romantic side happens.:weary:

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

@celebrianna @thistle I do hope the chart is not exactly true :D. If I am going to have to “suffer “  through some horror scenes , i hope for Daniel to have some romance. Especially when in his last drama Jugglers , one of my personal faves from last year , he can be very swoony & a good kisser :P

Yes, he sure can. I’m usually okay with even a little hint of romance like in LoM. Even that much I can appreciate.

I've read all your comments.... WOW!! This is a something.... We can guess anything with our own & there are so many predictions.. I think that's the drama\s uniqueness.... :). And @triplem, as you said the character chart is empty between the leads. But how can we forget him & jugglers...??!! I personally think that he is lot more handsome, hot & manly here in "The Ghost Detective"....:wub: with the beard of course & even without the glasses. :o So it will be a waste if they won't add some romance between them.. Or is it already happened...?? The way he look at her is different after the incident... He is feeling something for sure... Or maybe she can make him a human again...?? Who knows..??!! This is the K-Drama land, so anything & everything is possible.. And how can our romance king just be a horror king..??!! Doesn't ring a bell :D.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

If you guys look at the character chart on the first page of this thread , there’s no love line btwn the leads . She & the other guy has a heart sign. So Daniel’s character could very well be dead

Its rare to not have romance between the leads in a k-drama. About the chart, I think it is shown this way because there is no "love at the first sight" for the OTP. So, I am hoping for the romance (at least in the latter half of the drama). :)

31 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm curious how he ended up half-buried in a field in the middle of nowhere. I dont believe he's dead untill we see his corpse. Until then i say he's in a coma somewhere as usual as other kdramas hahahaha

We all want to believe so too... But the unidentified body is messing things up..

However the story is turning in to another dimension here... He saved those two kids. And those two kids were saved because of him... But then, he saved those kids and he himself is gone...??!! :o. Now that he is invisible to others, only those two kids can confess that this ajusshi saved us..., can't they..??!! With him being a ghost himself, now that the real mystery begins... I am so curious to know what's ahead for him & Yeo Wool... There MUST be a romance between them... how sweet...!! :heart:

Waiting session............!!!!!! Wednesday, come quickly!!! We all want to see our handsome (ghost) detective on our screen... :thumbsup:

Hi everyone I watched episode 1-2  yesterday 

I have to say I am really happy I had more time to watch more drama this month's that made me catch this drama from the start

I like the story so far, the pd and the actors, can't believe they start it by killing the lead man like this, that was a really shock but it was in good way but I am wondering how he can be killed like that he supposed to be stronger then this level but I guess there still things we don't know, 

About Yw I see that he himself was shocked  that she knows he death  and take it in clam way, she know he was death from the moment  she meet him in front of her door, she was running from ghost sign and when she saw him she had tearful eyes for a scene, all what happens next was shown she know he was death( I did not realise that at firSt I had to go back to watch ) 

Now what we going to see next why Yw  know and was clam about it, did  she saw ghost for so long or it start after her sister death!!

Oh really ghost detective!!! They really keep the surprise of the title till we see it in first week, good job 

I watched the episodes last night and I slept just fine after that. :lol:

I liked what I saw so far. I love the lead characters (they clicked with me instantly). The detective duo is hilarious (Da Il and Sang Sub are my favorites) and I am glad Yeo-Wool came to compleate the team.

The horror elements are there but they are used how I wanted, to prop the story. The mystery is the center of the story. 

When I read about this drama I thought that the lead male character is a ghost and a detective ;), then I thought he will investigate cases involving the ghosts. I was really surprised at the end of episode 4 when we saw that Da Il was a ghost. A great twist.   I have mixed feelings about that. I still hope there will be an explanation about the last scene. Da Il looked a little dark (tired, sadder) after he came out of that grave but I thought it was undertandable after everything that happened to him. There was that moment when we saw earlier when Da Il touched the hearing aid of the victim (Yeo Wool`s sister). It was a good sign for us. Without words, the scene was meaningful. He felt a conection, he sensed something. Later, It was heartbreaking when he realised what he was. It was a shock to everyone, including himself. I am glad that Yeo-Wool was a witness to that scene, that she now knows the truth from the beginning.

The woman in red! What is her mission?  I think there is a connection between her and Da Il. I think he knows her or at least saw her in that past incident.  She appears when there is a tragedy or she causes tragedies because of her agenda? She is using innocent people to punish guilty people? She doesn`t "feel" anything in front of tragedies. She asked Yeo Wool "Are you angry?" Is she is a warring soul who can`t move on?  Something has happened to her before she died? All her victims are connected?

Right now, Lee Da Il is the biggest mystery for me...!! There might be a special reason for him to be a ghost...!! Maybe to communicate with the lady in red & catch her red-handed :D... Or There might be any spectacular time for him to turn in to a temporary ghost....!!!!! :o. AS we've seen that when he's with Yeo Wool he can touch some stuff & he even feel the pain, he can't be 100% a ghost. Well!!!! The most beautiful fact about this drama is we can imagine what's up next in numerous ways... That's the uniqueness of this drama.. I am hooked :blush:

Who will want to see choi Daniel without a love line in a drama? 

This again doesn't make sense.

All his handsomeness will just waste on being a ghost detective?

He can be a ghost with love line,right?:lol::D

Am I even making sense.

The guy is so handsome and manly in this drama. Korean men don't know that sometimes small beards makes them so manly for those that have the face. 

1 hour ago, darr said:

Am I even making sense.

The guy is so handsome and manly in this drama. Korean men don't know that sometimes small beards makes them so manly for those that have the face. 

WOW... JUST WOW dear..... You are fantastic :D

I really don't want to see Choi Daniel without a love line in a drama... All his handsomeness will definitely waste if there's not a romance in the show. So I am very concerned about a love story between them.. As you said, the guy is so handsome and manly in this drama... And I say, the guy is so hot and sexy in this drama.... :D. Now he has the PERFECT shape to be a smitten boyfriend...!!!!!! :heart: And as in the behind the scenes, if there's something more between them, I bet he would be the one who fall for her first...!! Now I honestly can't wait to see him fall for her.... There SHOULD be a romance between them....!!! His beard has made him in to the dream man for girls now...!! :wub:

And did you see his ELLE Korea 2018 magazine shoot....????!! WOW!! I am honestly speechless.... How can a man with a beard be so hot...??!! :D

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Ghost Detective" Episodes 1-2

by Vasia Orion on 2018/09/06 at 16:39 PST

photo999873.jpg

"The Ghost Detective" is here to sink his figurative teeth into the case, and his physical ones into demons. In what is one of the most exciting premieres I've seen in a while, the resilient, highly intelligent, spirit-biting detective and his resourceful, stubborn sidekick are up against a terrible foe working with - or perhaps on - equally terrible living persons. Join me for good ol' horror and mysteries.

I know a series is after my own heart when it opens with our hero fighting his way out of a shallow grave to the tunes of a golden oldie. From the "Stranger Things"-esque score to the agency's old timey style matched by the investigators' fashion, to the choice of color palette, everything is just so pleasing to experience, and well thought-out. I particularly love the black and white ballet hall, with the pivotal character breaking the pattern with blue.

more https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-ghost-detective-episodes-1-2-121992.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Ghost Detective" Episodes 3-4

byVasia Orion on 2018/09/07 at 16:50 PST

2018/09/07 | 291 views | Permalink

photo1000265.jpg

Take me out for detective trash day, because I did not see this twist coming, especially so early on. Sadly, neither did our poor Da-il. What happens in episodes three and four will likely change a lot about the story that "The Ghost Detective" and Yeo-wool will be in need of adjusting to, while somehow making it all work to their advantage. Can this lovely duo crack the case, and what future awaits them after this major shift?

Well, that will teach me to fangirl over the kind, handsome, tall investigator types again (no, it won't). I've made the "ghost detective" joke in passing before, but I never thought they would go for it, and I am very pleased that they have. A literal killing of one's darlings is not something we usually see in Korean drama, outside of sad endings or in reversible form through the fantasy genre. Where does this leave poor Da-il's (Choi Daniel) future?

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-ghost-detective-episodes-3-4-122052.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thank you so much @larus for the drama reviews.... And reading those reviews, specially about episode 3-4, now I am glued to the series...!!!! It's pretty clear that our heroine can see ghosts... She saw the lady in red, who is invisible to others & now she can see Lee Da Il... So that our hero has become s ghost, she has a bonus gift...!! :D. The way the story is unfolding is great..!! This will definitely be the best K-drama of the year.... I am attracted/hooked/obsessed & everything with this....!!!!!!!!!! I really hope our leads fall in love  :heart:

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

It's pretty clear that our heroine can see ghosts... She saw the lady in red, who is invisible to others & now she can see Lee Da Il... So that our hero has become s ghost, she has a bonus gift...!!

I am not completely happy about that.-_- Sure, she can see ghost but what about Han Sang Sub? The writer gave us a fine promising duo and took it back? So cruel! I am still in denial.

I am so hooked to know where the writer will take the story. What happens next?

7 hours ago, darr said:

Am I even making sense.

MMMEE!! I'll trade the love line for the still living and breathing line please and thank you. :D:wub:

1 hour ago, larus said:

I am not completely happy about that.-_- Sure, she can see ghost but what about Han Sang Sub? The writer gave us a fine promising duo and took it back? So cruel! I am still in denial.

I am so hooked to know where the writer will take the story. What happens next?

Maybe hyung Han Sang Sub also can interact with ghosts... As you said, they probably wouldn't take back our comical brother duo... Otherwise it would be so unfair....

And I don't know if you noticed this, but at the beginning of the 3rd episode, Yeo Wool was frightened seeing a dream... is the dream related to Lee Da Il...??!! Maybe she saw that dream right at the time Da Il died...??!! And she flip him over at her apartment & grab his hand to make him stand... When he touched her, she must have felt something.... Her facial expressions were so soft or something at the moment... I don't know what you guys are thinking... I just said my point of view.. Well!!! A week is too long now...!! :confused:

WHAT!

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST SEE??

HE'S DEAD?!! 

Oh wow I just randomly came across this drama because I like CD and the horror genre but WHAT?!!!

I thought they'd be hunting ghosts together NOT make him one! :crazy:

Next weeks' preview!!

12 hours ago, blademan said:

Next weeks' preview!!

OMG... Daniel isn't on the whole video... it's all about Eun Bin. And Da Il is invisible on the CCTV camera footage...!!! That means he's a real ghost........????????!! :confused: Is this going to be a sad drama rather than a horror one..??!! I really want to know what exactly happened to Da Il to become a ghost..... Wednesday, come quickly...!! I don't want to wait anymore :flushed:

10 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

OMG... Daniel isn't on the whole video... it's all about Eun Bin. And Da Il is invisible on the CCTV camera footage...!!! That means he's a real ghost........????????!! :confused: Is this going to be a sad drama rather than a horror one..??!! I really want to know what exactly happened to Da Il to become a ghost..... Wednesday, come quickly...!! I don't want to wait anymore :flushed:

He got buried alive...? But I doubt it was the kindergarten teacher who did it.

Archived