Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정

Thank you, count me as a new follower in the Daniel Choi's thread. I'm more a silent follower than anything else though but me being silent doesn't mean I don't support my favorite actors and actresses. It's my shy side :sweatingbullets:

I'm changing the subject but I'm a bit disappointed I can't buy the Ghost Detective's OST, I mean the physical version. It's a weird thing but I like to buy OST from dramas I really like, it's my way to show my appreciation and it doesn't happens often because I have really few favorite dramas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, loversbridge said:

Thank you, count me as a new follower in the Daniel Choi's thread. I'm more a silent follower than anything else though but me being silent doesn't mean I don't support my favorite actors and actresses. It's my shy side :sweatingbullets:

Welcome to Daniel Choi's Soompi Thread, dear!! :wub:

40 minutes ago, loversbridge said:

I'm changing the subject but I'm a bit disappointed I can't buy the Ghost Detective's OST, I mean the physical version. It's a weird thing but I like to buy OST from dramas I really like, it's my way to show my appreciation and it doesn't happens often because I have really few favorite dramas.

I totally agree with your ideas of K-drama OSTs... I also really like them!! And I was longing to have the full OST set of Jugglers, Daniel Choi's previous drama... :wub: But I couldn't find an appropriate link to download!! And a friend of mine just posted The Ghost Detective's full OST album here..!! I can't buy it since I am from outside Korea... But I will give you the link!!

Wish you can have some luck! :wub:

https://itunes.apple.com/my/album/the-ghost-detective-original-television-soundtrack/1440698180

• Like 5

Since I can't get over the Ghost Detective at the moment here are the music videos I found on youtube and really enjoyed, maybe it'll make someone else want to give it a try:

Spoiler

And I found a fanfiction on AO3, but be warned it's NSFW  https://archiveofourown.org/works/16330094

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs/videos in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Thanks 1

Wow!!! I've watched all of them & I love them all!!! :wub: Thanks a lot, dear @loversbridge for posting them..... I also can't get over with this series...!!!! It's like I am possessed by this series.... :wub: It's an amazing feeling!!! And so funny that some viewers shipped Da Il & Woo Hye together as well... :D

And dear, when you post more photos & videos next time, put 4th one of them onward in the spoiler tag! It's a Soompi rule!! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And dear, when you post more photos & videos next time, put 4th one of them onward in the spoiler tag! It's a Soompi rule!! 

Oh sorry I didn't know that, thank you for telling me!

• Thanks 1

6 Underrated K-Dramas That Deserve More Love

“The Ghost Detective”

3-540x773.jpg&key=baff2525af860000ba4042

Choi Daniel is almost always enough to lure any unsuspecting K-drama fan into watching a drama, but in the case of “Ghost Detective,” he is a selling point, much like Yeon Woo Jin is for “Introverted Boss.” By his side is Park Eun Bin, a strong heroine who can get by on her own without a man. This series delivers mysteries, twists, turns, and a taste of romance that’s just enough to leave you thirsty for more. Plus, I must say that Kim Won Hae is, yet again, a standout supporting character worthy of awards upon awards, because how adorable is he in this role?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1313446wpp/6-underrated-k-dramas-that-deserve-more-love

• Like 4

The Ghost Detective review (spoilers marked at end)

Nicki 입니다。February 27

ba060334f2f339aa0ca069b0676d3bf83bad8350

Okay ya'll. Let's un-pack this. So, my bestie and I finally watched the ending of The Ghost Detective today and ohhhh boy.

First off, why is it called "The Ghost Detective"? I have no idea. The Korean title of 오늘 의 탐정 literally means "Today's Detective". I wondered about it being a pun in Korean, or a double meaning of the words오늘 (onul/today) or 탐정 (tamjung/detective) like in the title of "falling for innocence" in which the main characters name (순정/SoonJung) literally means "innocent/ innocence ". But I asked a few of my Korean buddies who said they didn't know either. So  idk what to tell you.

Anyway! Let's get on with it!

Major Cast

Daniel Choi as DaIl

c3a8fa905c8a1bdceb443979bbe09df5ec6b5359

Daniel Choi (argh, my baby :love:) was flawless. I wouldn't say this character challenged him at all, since has played rough characters before- but the fact that he FINALLY ditched his clean cut image, just ...perfection. I really thought he breathed life and oh so much personality into DaIl.

Park Eun Bin as Jung Yeo Wool

44b9370be2e63c9efe07b7ad10f63ef6dd7d7d2d

I adored YeoWool as a character! Park Eunbin played her wonderfully. YeoWool was not only an independent and strong leading lady- but a smart one too!

Lee Ji Ah as Hye Sun Woo

0da33fc920871177524c4116f7667498f1b10db0

Freaking amazing. Lee JiAh was SO good as the baddie! She was so emotionless and cold, everything you want in a sociopathic murderous ghoulie.

https://aminoapps.com/c/asian-dramas-and-movies/page/blog/the-ghost-detective-review-spoilers-marked-at-end/Wgjd_krsXue8lJJ7gMLG7DDB17Rz6QnDgx

• Like 4

7 Binge-Worthy Supernatural Korean Dramas About Ghosts

It's time to meet some ~not-so-spooky~ ghosts!
by LILY GRACE TABANERA | 11 hours ago

7. The Ghost Detective (2018) 

The stars: Choi Daniel, Park Eun Bin, and Lee Ji Ah

The sitch: This drama takes place in a world where demons, ghosts, and possessions are not a fantasy. It tells the story of a private investigator named Lee Da Il (Choi Daniel), who catches ghosts responsible for ~heinous~ crimes! He also tries to help his assistant Jung Yeo Wool (Park Eun Bin) as she solves the mystery behind her younger sister's death. As they investigate further, they find that there's a mysterious woman (Lee Ji Ah) in red who appears at every one of their crime scenes.

No. of episodes: 32 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-dramas-ghosts-supernatural-a2520-20190512

Dear @Pyar & @parkeunbinchoidaniel chingus, feel free to visit here anytime!! :)

• Like 4