larus

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 Underrated K-Dramas That Deserve More Love

“The Ghost Detective”

3-540x773.jpg&key=baff2525af860000ba4042

Choi Daniel is almost always enough to lure any unsuspecting K-drama fan into watching a drama, but in the case of “Ghost Detective,” he is a selling point, much like Yeon Woo Jin is for “Introverted Boss.” By his side is Park Eun Bin, a strong heroine who can get by on her own without a man. This series delivers mysteries, twists, turns, and a taste of romance that’s just enough to leave you thirsty for more. Plus, I must say that Kim Won Hae is, yet again, a standout supporting character worthy of awards upon awards, because how adorable is he in this role?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1313446wpp/6-underrated-k-dramas-that-deserve-more-love

• 2 weeks later...

The Ghost Detective review (spoilers marked at end)

Nicki 입니다。February 27

ba060334f2f339aa0ca069b0676d3bf83bad8350

Okay ya'll. Let's un-pack this. So, my bestie and I finally watched the ending of The Ghost Detective today and ohhhh boy.

First off, why is it called "The Ghost Detective"? I have no idea. The Korean title of 오늘 의 탐정 literally means "Today's Detective". I wondered about it being a pun in Korean, or a double meaning of the words오늘 (onul/today) or 탐정 (tamjung/detective) like in the title of "falling for innocence" in which the main characters name (순정/SoonJung) literally means "innocent/ innocence ". But I asked a few of my Korean buddies who said they didn't know either. So  idk what to tell you.

Anyway! Let's get on with it!

Major Cast

Daniel Choi as DaIl

c3a8fa905c8a1bdceb443979bbe09df5ec6b5359

Daniel Choi (argh, my baby :love:) was flawless. I wouldn't say this character challenged him at all, since has played rough characters before- but the fact that he FINALLY ditched his clean cut image, just ...perfection. I really thought he breathed life and oh so much personality into DaIl.

Park Eun Bin as Jung Yeo Wool

44b9370be2e63c9efe07b7ad10f63ef6dd7d7d2d

I adored YeoWool as a character! Park Eunbin played her wonderfully. YeoWool was not only an independent and strong leading lady- but a smart one too!

Lee Ji Ah as Hye Sun Woo

0da33fc920871177524c4116f7667498f1b10db0

Freaking amazing. Lee JiAh was SO good as the baddie! She was so emotionless and cold, everything you want in a sociopathic murderous ghoulie.

https://aminoapps.com/c/asian-dramas-and-movies/page/blog/the-ghost-detective-review-spoilers-marked-at-end/Wgjd_krsXue8lJJ7gMLG7DDB17Rz6QnDgx

• 2 weeks later...

7 Binge-Worthy Supernatural Korean Dramas About Ghosts

It's time to meet some ~not-so-spooky~ ghosts!
by LILY GRACE TABANERA | 11 hours ago

7. The Ghost Detective (2018) 

The stars: Choi Daniel, Park Eun Bin, and Lee Ji Ah

The sitch: This drama takes place in a world where demons, ghosts, and possessions are not a fantasy. It tells the story of a private investigator named Lee Da Il (Choi Daniel), who catches ghosts responsible for ~heinous~ crimes! He also tries to help his assistant Jung Yeo Wool (Park Eun Bin) as she solves the mystery behind her younger sister's death. As they investigate further, they find that there's a mysterious woman (Lee Ji Ah) in red who appears at every one of their crime scenes.

No. of episodes: 32 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/korean-dramas-ghosts-supernatural-a2520-20190512

Dear @Pyar & @parkeunbinchoidaniel chingus, feel free to visit here anytime!! :)

• 2 months later...

The Ghost Detective is about to air in Japan  from 21st August onwards!!!! And it's a late night timeslot from 23:20 to 00:30!! :) :D A perfect time for being possessed by a handsome ghost.... :D Feel so happy for Japan & so proud of Daniel & Eun Bin as it's almost a year since the series aired in South Korea. :) The series is so loved by the fans across the globe!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

D_0CBjsU0AMfU_y.jpg&key=c554df3c57235451

https://www.kbsworld.ne.jp/program/detail?prSn=1164

And dear @Pyar & @parkeunbinchoidaniel darlings, you wanna rant about Dan Bin...??! :) Then this is perfect place... :wub: I was totally in to this thread from August last year & miss those wonderful times I chatted about the series with Soompi friends... :sweatingbullets: But now that the series is about to air in Japan, I hope this thread will set on fire again right after a year... :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

It's already been a year but I still can't let go of this series! And the Japanese broadcast is on the way so I feel so happy again that this series is getting more recognition outside South Korea. I hope Japan will love the series as the story progresses... 

:) :heart: :) :heart: :) :heart: :) :heart:

[KBS World Broadcast Information] "Detectives that I can only see" 
Broadcast: [Wednesday / Thu] 23: 20 ~ midnight 0:30

Rebroadcast: [Sat] 15: 00 ~ 17: 15 (2 episodes in succession)

755479e64304e760817590ac25f3a880.jpg&key

Lottery presents

Choi Daniel & Park Eunbin's signature colored paper

Signed polaroid photo

Drama poster! 

03_1563853264835_1.png&key=5c8b8ff7edfef

r.580x0

filmafisi.jpg&key=b82adc7af0b93b8c43a258

In case if anyone is interested in, here are the website links for The Ghost Detective!

You can vote & comment on the comment section there in each site!! :)

The reactions are already very impressive for the South Korean broadcast!

I really wish the Japanese broadcast boost up the activities all up again in each site!! :heart:

Viki page

AsianWiki

MyDramaList

• 2 weeks later...

Can't even believe that it's already been a year... Sweet memories of 29th August, 2018 here! The press con of The Ghost Detective... :) I still miss this series so much as well the lovely cast! :wub: Hope they receive the love they deserve from their fans! Wish there was a second season of the same cast! :)

DlwahmRX4AEIJ_G.jpg

And another new beautiful fan edit MV for Lee Da Il & Jeong Yo Woo! Feel so refreshed to see how much their fans love them as a couple! :wub: Miss you so much, Lee Da Il & Jeong Yo Wool!

Archived