[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Seriously? If that’s the case, I did wonder if he was one when I initially saw the title of this show. However, if he’s a ghost then that would mean that everybody he interacted with are also ghosts or able to see ghosts. Only unless you mean he died after he was buried alive. Also, if he’s a ghost, then it would mean the rest of the characters at his agency would have to have the ability to see and communicate with ghosts. I hope he’s not a ghost though or if he is, it’s temporary like an out of body experience where his actual body is in a coma.

15 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Did anyone watch today's eps...????!!! At the end of 4th ep..... Is Lee Da Il just a ghost....?? How can that be...?? :flushed:

Oh no!  Does this mean I guessed right after all?  That he really is a "ghost" detective?  I really, really did not want the character to be dead.   

I am also so sad.... @celebrianna @thistle :(. But, think of this way...!!!! I've just watched some parts without eng sub. Da Il & Yeo-wool CAN touch each other...!! Da Il CAN touch Yeo-wool... But he can't touch anyone else... I only thought that Da Il can see ghosts... But now..WOAH..!! This is so emotional...!! Waiting for eng sub.

9 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I am also so sad.... @celebrianna @thistle :(. But, think of this way...!!!! I've just watched some parts without eng sub. Da Il & Yeo-wool CAN touch each other...!! Da Il CAN touch Yeo-wool... But he can't touch anyone else... I only thought that Da Il can see ghosts... But now..WOAH..!! This is so emotional...!! Waiting for eng sub.

So is it that he died while trying to rescue the little girl?

Didn't anyone of you notice that Lee Da Il is wearing the same outfit now, A black long sleeved shirt & a grey pants, which he was wearing when he hit by the hammer....?????!!!! It's obvious.... Now, the drama title has become true...  "The Ghost Detective"  :hushed:

I think coming from the premises of the drama, LD will have the ability to see ghosts after his encounter with the dog.

The teacher sees the ghost that normally posses her.

I have heard of stories like if u want to see ghosts, get a bowl of water, use it and wash a dog's face, then use the water and wash your face, u will eventually start seeing as dogs do and dogs are prone to seeing ghosts( I grew up with this story and I have never seen it verified)

I wished I hadn’t seen the comments before watching ep 3/4. Took the surprise twist away.

I wonder whether it would be like let’s fight ghost where he is only in coma, or he is really dead. 

But why did his partner hide his existence from the police? He said he always disappears for some time after working on a case. 

@glassextreme

Coma would be nice, but not sure how the coma plot would work since he was trailing after a corpse that the officers were wheeling away at the coroner's office. I feel like the corpse was him? If it was, they sure found the corpse quickly O.o he was buried after all

I, for one, although sad at his death am also glad that it won't just be a rehash of that OTHER drama called ghost detective where the detective could see ghosts. This one went a step further and made its detective a ghost ;]

4 minutes ago, somethingflutters said:

@glassextreme

Coma would be nice, but not sure how the coma plot would work since he was trailing after a corpse that the officers were wheeling away at the coroner's office. I feel like the corpse was him? If it was, they sure found the corpse quickly O.o he was buried after all

I, for one, although sad at his death am also glad that it won't just be a rehash of that OTHER drama called ghost detective where the detective could see ghosts. This one went a step further and made its detective a ghost ;]

You have made a good point there.... Coma would be nice, but it won't work for him since the unidentified body surely has something to do with him.. And furthermore, how come he became so clean cut in a glance after buried in the mud....???!! As you said, now the title of the drama is complete....!!!!!!!! What a twist..?? But how did Yeo Wool know that he is a ghost...?? Is he only visible to her, not to anyone else... And I saw somewhere the preview for the next eps. Lee Da Il is invisible on the CCTV camera footage.... Something is clearly wrong here... I mean he got out of the mud... After that, something may have happened to him. Now I am so curious over one thing.... How can a ghost and a human fall in love...?????!! :heart:

@darr

Very interesting:phew:

So have you, yourself tried putting this theory to the test?? 

I used to have a dog (she passed away sadly..) she'd stare at the stairs at our home as if someone's there.. :blink:

BTW I swear most of y'all here can be excellent fanfiction writers!:lol: The theories y'all come up with - astral projection, the sixth sense etc are all very intriguing. Whereas I'm just an easygoing viewer watching it as it comes (shrug) ha. Oh Choi Daniel look hot without glasses too;)

Wow! This drama is so unpredictable (in a good way). I have watched till 4th epiosde. And, I am so looking forward to future episodes after facing such twist in the drama. But, there is something I wish that won’t happen.

Spoiler

I don’t want Da Il to be really dead. It would be good if he is in coma and his spirit is wandering. By the way, Da IL (Choi Daniel) is the sexiest ghost I’ve ever seen. (Not that I have seen any in real life) :D

8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

You have made a good point there.... Coma would be nice, but it won't work for him since the unidentified body surely has something to do with him.. And furthermore, how come he became so clean cut in a glance after buried in the mud....???!! As you said, now the title of the drama is complete....!!!!!!!! What a twist..?? But how did Yeo Wool know that he is a ghost...?? Is he only visible to her, not to anyone else... And I saw somewhere the preview for the next eps. Lee Da Il is invisible on the CCTV camera footage.... Something is clearly wrong here... I mean he got out of the mud... After that, something may have happened to him. Now I am so curious over one thing.... How can a ghost and a human fall in love...?????!! :heart:

We know that he must have been alive when they went to the museum because they were acting out a fight and the security guards came to mediate. So he might have died while rescuing the kids. I guess the coma theory might no longer work since Yeo Wool said so matter-of-factly that he’s dead. Now is she saying he’s dead because she can tell the difference between a living person and a dead person or was it confirmed in a scene not shown that his body was found? I’m thinking it’s because she can tell the difference between a human and a ghost. 

I’m not sure if the dead body at the morgue was his. It looked too small. Only unless they found him when he had already decayed a lot and it’s just basically bones. 

About the lady in red, it seems like her goal is to turn people against each other by whispering destructive things to them and basically both sides end up dead. 

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

We know that he must have been alive when they went to the museum because they were acting out a fight and the security guards came to mediate. So he might have died while rescuing the kids. I guess the coma theory might no longer work since Yeo Wool said so matter-of-factly that he’s dead. Now is she saying he’s dead because she can tell the difference between a living person and a dead person or was it confirmed in a scene not shown that his body was found? I’m thinking it’s because she can tell the difference between a human and a ghost. 

I’m not sure if the dead body at the morgue was his. It looked too small. Only unless they found him when he had already decayed a lot and it’s just basically bones. 

About the lady in red, it seems like her goal is to turn people against each other by whispering destructive things to them and basically both sides end up dead. 

I am thinking the same thing...!! How could Yeo Wool know that he is dead..?? The unidentified body is messing up all the things... Somehow now, his eyes & the way he talks are different than before... It looks like he's got some super powers now.. But, what is the reason for him to die..?? b'cause he bit the possessed dog...?? And he is all clean up all of a sudden after burring in mud... YES, Now the title goes with the story...!!!! Can't wait to see more... And a love story between them....??!! Who knows....!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

16 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I am thinking the same thing...!! How could Yeo Wool know that he is dead..?? The unidentified body is messing up all the things... Somehow now, his eyes & the way he talks are different than before... It looks like he's got some super powers now.. But, what is the reason for him to die..?? b'cause he bit the possessed dog...?? And he is all clean up all of a sudden after burring in mud... YES, Now the title goes with the story...!!!! Can't wait to see more... And a love story between them....??!! Who knows....!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

I tend to think he died either from the hammer blow to the head or when he was buried alive. I really wish though he was in a coma. Still, no matter what, I have never watched a ghost story where the person who sees the ghost can actually touch the ghost and vice versa. I don’t know if a love line can exist anymore but I will wait and see. Yeo Wool clearly knows he’s dead so I don’t know if she would fall for him knowing it’s hopeless. There’s the young detective guy as well. Who knows where he’ll come in. He’s starting to realize some oddities about the case. 

8 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I tend to think he died either from the hammer blow to the head or when he was buried alive. I really wish though he was in a coma. Still, no matter what, I have never watched a ghost story where the person who sees the ghost can actually touch the ghost and vice versa. I don’t know if a love line can exist anymore but I will wait and see. Yeo Wool clearly knows he’s dead so I don’t know if she would fall for him knowing it’s hopeless. There’s the young detective guy as well. Who knows where he’ll come in. He’s starting to realize some oddities about the case. 

Now that the real story begins.....!! The young detective guy surely knows something about Da Il.... And I am suspicious over DaIl's hyung. When he knew that Da Il is disappeared, his reaction was nothing but an ignorance...??!! And just put the love story aside... Maybe "The woman in red" has a key to get Da Il back to normal...??!! I am sure they just wouldn't let the male lead be a ghost like that... This is very intriguing..

Daniel's acting is excellent...!! :wub: The production team's made a great decision making him Lee Da Il... He deserves all the awards in any awards show... :). And Eun Bin is perfect for her role... I feel that they two have a great chemistry with each other...!!

And now, it's time to wait till the next week :neutral:

13 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Now that the real story begins.....!! The young detective guy surely knows something about Da Il.... And I am suspicious over DaIl's hyung. When he knew that Da Il is disappeared, his reaction was nothing but an ignorance...??!! And just put the love story aside... Maybe "The woman in red" has a key to get Da Il back to normal...??!! I am sure they just wouldn't let the male lead be a ghost like that... This is very intriguing..

Daniel's acting is excellent...!! :wub: The production team's made a great decision making him Lee Da Il... He deserves all the awards in any awards show... :). And Eun Bin is perfect for her role... I feel that they two have a great chemistry with each other...!!

And now, it's time to wait till the next week :neutral:

I also think the way the hyung was acting about Da II’s sudden disappearance was too disinterested or too calm but then I thought maybe Da II had a habit of disappearing and appearing when he feels like it. Hyung also felt that Da II was capable so he wasn’t worried about him. So did the lawyer lady who seemed to have been Da II’s lawyer in the past with the army whistle blower case. 

I couldn’t agree more about the choice of Daniel Choi. This is only the second time I have seen him and I am quite enjoying his role in this. I also like Eun Bin ever since I saw her in Father, I’ll Take Care of You (though I quit that drama) and then Judge vs Judge. I’m looking forward to seeing more of them.

Archived