Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/ The Ghost Detective 오늘의 탐정

My wonderful plan just got ruined....

WHY???

I wanted to marathon it on the Weekend... and now I see... hello... Final will be next week??? Damn...

I already started.... sob

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

What next drama would everyone like to see Daniel Choi in next? I will watch Jugglers sometime later this year but I kinda want to see him in a bodyguard romance. Something like City Hunter, Healer, K2. But SK rarely do those types of dramas and I craving something else like those):

• Like 5

the ghost detective was obviously a different and thrilling drama from the beginning. slowly, it turned into more of a more repetitive “evil always win” and tbh the romance, it could’ve need more work. 

if if it wasn’t for the chemistry between Daniel & Eun Bin, i don’t think i would’ve stayed watching this show as much. not to mention, Lee Ji Ah’s drama comeback as this evil, heartless woman is amazing. 

maybe one day, we’ll see a reunion between the main leads in another drama one day. it’s so common for actors to work with each other more and more now. It’ll be a waste of a chemistry of Daniel & Eun Bin to not work together again. 

I remember a user somewhere complained how Daniel should venture out and choose dramas outside of KBS. Since it seems like, Daniel keeps getting screwed with lack of development on his characters. He’s part of the KBS radio team since 2013, so i think that’s why he’s loyally choosing KBS for a while now. 

I’m getting sidetracked! Anyways, here’s to another week of waiting for the FINAL episode! Hopefully, the Ghost Detective ends well! And again, no matter the ending - let’s watch it well! And support the cast/crew for their hard work over these months! 

• Like 5

Dear @scarletlover1 -

Wow...!!! How amazing!! I never had a thought of seeing him in a bodyguarde romance!!! It would be perfect for him :wub: With his height, his hotness & his seductive voice he'll fit perfectly to the character :wub: I am really looking forward to him in his next project..!!! :)

But I am in for any role he plays.!!!.. :D No certain type!!! He goes to the extend in any character he plays in...!!!!! :o He is a highly talented, excellent & handsome actor in K-dramaland..!!!! :wub: I am totally addicted to him :heart: Even more, I totally respect him..!! He's a well-mannered young guy who is very rare among today's men..!!! :love:

And dear @joyspartace -

You are absolutely correct!!! Daniel & Eun Bin should work together over & over again :heart: Their chemistry here is no joke.!! :wub: They are such a perfect match for each other!!!! And as I said before, Daniel is so humble... He's only appearing in KBS2 variety show "Happy Together" b'cause he feels the family vibe in KBS2 studio :heart:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kaedechan said:

You speak my mind. It has become exhausting, too late, too sad and too painful, feelings that i don't want to feel from this drama, a drama that i loved. They should've wrapped up with SWH's story in the episode 14, max. and tell the story how the "victims" of SWH rebuilding their life again for the rest of the episodes. But no, the writer just had to drag everything on to the very last end. Like @bebebisous33 said, there are still questions unrevealed or unanswered yet about SWH's reasons doing what she did, but i don't really care anymore. I don't care about SWH background story or her reasoning anymore. It's too late IMO. I care about the other characters, but the writer didn't give them enough meaningful backgrounds, it's kinda unfair.

So like @thistle said, i'll stay in the safe zone, until we get the ending.

I'll check in sometimes for our lovable OTP, but that's it :)

Agreed.  Absolutely agreed!

I realized that I was reaching the end of my rope during the scene where SWH was needlessly torturing the young couple on the steps to use their phone to send the video of her forcing the man to strangle the woman.  I was horrified.  That was NOT good drama; it was just disgusting and voyueristic.  I did not want to voice my revulsion at the time because others were enjoying the drama so much.

I was also completely put off when the priest was killed at the church.  Then again when the scene had to be revisited to show that SWH was also involved in the killing because KG couldn't do it.  To be honest, I felt like the last minute turnaround of KG's character was a re-write of some sort--despite the bracelet connection, it didn't fully make sense to me.  

In that same episode DI was strangling YW, and then I was essentially DONE because I did not believe at all that his character would have allowed him to do that.  It was brutal and even in the context of the story, it was off the charts wrong.  It was something else that did not make sense, especially given their love for one another.

There is too much in this drama that has not made sense, especially as @kaedechan has said about about SWH's background and storylines that have not been resolved.

Now, to be fair, I think that high praise must be given to the leads in this drama.  It is the writing that has gone awry and not the acting.  Choi Daniel especially has done a masterful job as an actor, and he has never let us down.   My respect and admiration for him has increased exponentially because he has been able to shine in a drama that has seriously let him down in the matter of the writing.

For example, contrast Choi Daniel's performance against Lee Joon Gi in The Scholar Who Walks the NIght.  When that show began to spiral out of control, the stress showed in LJG's performance--to borrow a phrase that is sometimes applied to overacting, "he was chewing the scenery" and was visibly forcing himself to perform.  I also admire LJG as an actor but the longer that drama went on, the more badly he carried the role.  Choi Daniel has not done that.  He has carried on in an admirable way. 

Park Eun Bin has also been absolutely stellar in her role--she has made me believe every moment, and that is a great gift for an actress.

But two great leads cannot fully make up for the mess that the writer has created.  Some things about this drama have never made sense--like the detective hating and dismissing  and almost shaming YW at the beginning but then all of a sudden he loves her.  It made no sense!  There was no reason for the turnaround.

I will not go on further (although I could) out of respect for those who love this drama because it's painful to hear someone else saying anything negative about what you care about so deeply.  

As I've said, I continue to support the leads but not the drama itself.  I held on and I held back as long as I possibly could but my hopes for this drama have been dashed.  Now I can only wish for a satisfying conclusion for DI and YW.

• Like 8

Dear @kaedechan & @thistle -

I truly respect your ideas about the series... I think the viewers got the plot dragging feeling when Da Il's body just transferred here & there..!!! And SWH is the biggest hatress to many viewers..!!! Which means that ... Lee Ji Ah, be careful!!! Now you are historized as Sun Woo Hye in the viewers eye..!!!! :D

And Daniel , Eun Bin & other actors have nothing to do with the negativity of the plot... :o They all are just rendering the story!!! And the story belongs to the writer himself/herself..!!!

And rather than focusing on the mistakes of the plot, I am truly enjoying the love between Da Il & Yeo Wool..!!! :wub: The writer is just fantastic in my opinion that he/she just put the feelings of a guy & a girl so beautifully inside a horror drama series..!!! And SWH hates love..!! So love is the her weakness that can defeat her! Da Il just sacrificed his love for Yeo Wool in order to protect her from SWH & it's an amazing theory according to SWH!!! :o

And now that we only have one day of TGD in our display screens, let's feel the love of our love birds (only if there is so next week)..!!! For some reason, now I am addicted to both Daniel & Eun Bin :wub:

• Like 7

"The Ghost Detective" team is the best team ever in K-dramaland... Their hard work is highly accepted by their fans..!!! Specially Daniel , Eun Bin & Ji Ah :heart: They trio definitely should work in another project together..!!! :wub: What a nice combination..!!!! Completely amazing!!!!! looking forward to their future projects..!! :D

And this series has hit my heart real hard that I'm gonna miss it ssssssssoooooooo much when it ends..!!! Crying already :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @scarletlover1 -

Wow...!!! How amazing!! I never had a thought of seeing him in a bodyguarde romance!!! It would be perfect for him :wub: With his height, his hotness & his seductive voice he'll fit perfectly to the character :wub: I am really looking forward to him in his next project..!!! :)

But I am in for any role he plays.!!!.. :D No certain type!!! He goes to the extend in any character he plays in...!!!!! :o He is a highly talented, excellent & handsome actor in K-dramaland..!!!! :wub: I am totally addicted to him :heart: Even more, I totally respect him..!! He's a well-mannered young guy who is very rare among today's men..!!! :love:

And dear @joyspartace -

You are absolutely correct!!! Daniel & Eun Bin should work together over & over again :heart: Their chemistry here is no joke.!! :wub: They are such a perfect match for each other!!!! And as I said before, Daniel is so humble... He's only appearing in KBS2 variety show "Happy Together" b'cause he feels the family vibe in KBS2 studio :heart:

I would love too if Daniel and Eun bin work together again But as we know there are rare of korean actor actress would work together as a couple again As i knew there were two pair of actors actresses  re co operated before kim so hyun and jeon ji hyun  Hyun bin and ha ji won

• Like 3

Hit like if you agree with me... :thumbsup:

Everyone is so upset over the series that Da Il died at the end of 30th ep..!!! And I was thinking that... when Yeo Wool gets SWH's evils spirit, Chae Won had a plan of possessing herself with SWH... But later, Chae Won's got to know that she's powerless & can't be possessed by SWH.!! Then it left Da Il with no other choice but to possess himself with SWH.. His sacrifice for Yeo Wool was reasonable b'cause he can't see her hurt by SWH.!! So he planned to sacrifice himself..!!! And it's a nice theory that combined horror & love together :D And I love this writer.. :wub: Now, I am desperately waiting for Da Il's return, to find whether the writer will create another theory about 1am..!!! :(

Just my thoughts in a random way..!! :frown:

• Like 8

This a good show, it had me hooked from the beginning. The problem with it is that the story with SWH dragged out for too long. Her story could had been wrapped up episodes ago and maybe the writer could done something like... giving us a new villain with a bigger plot twist. I don't know but things with SWH could have been finished a few weeks before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 5:12 PM, gm4queen said:

Yeah... I wonder that too dear @Heidi Seow -..

Yeo Wool says "Let's meet again, I will wait"..!!! And I think that it'd be realistic if Da Il returns as a ghost again unless a miracle happens to make him alive again..!! :o And now, Chae Won is powerless!!! How to save Da Il..??!! This is probably a plan of Da Il & Chae Won.!! Don't even have a guess about next week..!!! It's so strange that we can't predict the next move in a drama!!!! :( And in the next preview, a woman says that she saw a tall man getting off..!! YEAH!! There is some hope in a very little corner of my heart :wub:

Now I really don't know how to spend the time till next Wednesday!!! We missed a Wednesday due to a holiday festival..!! And this is the pain..!!!! Somehow, I want Da Il & Yeo Wool together next week..!! :wub: All the BTS pics are saying that the story isn't complete yet..!! :huh: There's more to happen..!!! They are the perfect match :wub:

And I wonder this also... Is SWH's chapter is permanently closed or still has a bit more..???!!!

But I have something special to enjoy myself.!!. The Dashing Daniel in action :love:  This guy is so dapper!! :wub:

I feel there is unfinish story after they stop on last episode @gm4queen. Otherwise, YW emotion won't be looks relief on beginning preview.. Maybe is a plan between Da Il and CW. We will finish out this Wednesday. 

On 10/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, kaedechan said:

Yes, I've seen that "magneto" scenes, dear @Heidi Seow, that pretty fingers of him are being the main focus of that particular scenes, isn't it? :D Love it.

Oh yes @kaedechan @gm4queen, I keep replay this part. Because  Choi Daniel's pretty fingers with his face :love: Oh my :love:  with the suit again. *double strikes! His body *Triple strikes!!! :love::wub::wub::wub: MELTDOWN!!!!

Seriously, will he get bodyguard or wizard character ?? I seriously die for it.. :wub::wub: Can't wait to see him in next drama or movie. 

Are they in flirt mode?? :lol::wub:  Make it officially k.. We are totally ready for surprise news!!:love:

• Like 3

Seriously dear @Heidi Seow -

I am head over heels for him now :wub: I mean, he is so sexy...!!!! And red eyes make him even more sexieeeeeer :wub: OMG!!!! What I am gonna do..??!! :heart: He is a beauuuuuuutiful dream :wub: I can't help but fall for him over & over again....!! :heart: And he's none less than a wizard boy here...!!! :D

45146043_2082876662023869_21238384786459

And I too have a serious feeling that some twist is about to happen on Wednesday..!! Can't wait :love:

• Like 7

Thank you so much for BTS stills dear @Heidi Seow -

OMG..!! Just look at Daniel & Eun Bin :wub: They are laughing in the same way...!!!! How come there's nothing between these two for real..??!!! :wub: There is definitely something between them...!! Otherwise, how can they act in such a dramatic drama in such a dramatic way..?! :wub: Their closeness is surprisingly real..!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

And Daniel :wub: He is so handsome in any outfit..!!! And what's with the turtle neck suit..??!! This would be his new look tomorrow..!!! :) Now, I am utterly excited for the finale..!!! :)

And SWH is like a long term disease..!!! :unsure: All I need is now satisfied ending for Da Il & Yeo Wool :wub: Nothing else matters for me now..!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you so much for BTS stills dear @Heidi Seow -

OMG..!! Just look at Daniel & Eun Bin :wub: They are laughing in the same way...!!!! How come there's nothing between these two for real..??!!! :wub: There is definitely something between them...!! Otherwise, how can they act in such a dramatic drama in such a dramatic way..?! :wub: Their closeness is surprisingly real..!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

And Daniel :wub: He is so handsome in any outfit..!!! And what's with the turtle neck suit..??!! This would be his new look tomorrow..!!! :) Now, I am utterly excited for the finale..!!! :)

And SWH is like a long term disease..!!! :unsure: All I need is now satisfied ending for Da Il & Yeo Wool :wub: Nothing else matters for me now..!!

Most welcome @gm4queen 

I believe the turtle neck shirt is with dark brown coat.. It should be together same with YW in with white turtle neck and light brown coat at group photo and with a girl at bus scene.

Yes, Daniel really good with any outfit. Like what he wear in Jugglers seriously excellent job. Not much people can wear turtle neck shirt with coat and Choi Daniel is one of them. (another actor will be Gong Yoo)   

I don't care about SWH anymore honesty to said.. All I want to see is our OTP story in last episode that's all.. SWH, may you rest in peace, please leave some space for our OTP k..Kamsahamnida (a lot people said TGD main lead is Lee Ji-Ah, not Choi Daniel and Park Eun-Bin. They said writer-nim/ PD-nim obsessed with SWH character.. ):sweat_smile: Sorry Lee Ji-Ah's fans.. No offence .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good God, the writer's still not done with SWH's story, even in the last episode?? Seriously?? This officially turns me off. And destroy any hope i have left for this drama, sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't agree more dear @Heidi Seow -

SWH's character is the most unique antagonist character I've ever seen in any drama..!! :wub: Hats off to the writer for imagining such a perfect villain for us...!!!! And Lee Ji Ah :love:  NO words to describe her marvelous acting of SWH..!!!! It's my first time seeing Lee Ji Ah & now I am totally in to her!!! The way she eats lollipop while possessing people :D And not to forget that smirk of her :wub: There's no other evidence other than viewers hatress towards her that her acting is utterly realistic..!!! :wub:

• Like 7